Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Why I don't take videogame journalism srs: reason number 21. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:50 pm
A reviewer at Ripten.com ******** up bad.

He "reviewed" the Wii version of Shaun White Snowboarding and reviewed an online portion of the game that does not exist. Hilariously, he probably assumed that because it was on the Wii the online was bad and reviewed it as such.

Gonintendo pointed out that there is no online mode for the game, and reassured me (for the millionth time) that gaming journalism is a big fat joke.

Here's the post referring to the review: http://gonintendo.com/?p=69774#comments

Here's the review with an "apology" now tacked on the beginning: http://www.ripten.com/2008/12/10/wii-review-shaun-white-snowboarding-road-trip/

Sorry, you cannot bullshit your way out of a mistake like that. If you did this and you worked for a newspaper, your a** would be fired for libel, if not worse.

Is anyone else amused or angry about this? Does anybody else think the gaming media is only getting worse? I know it's a small website, but Gamespot and the whole Kane and Lynch thing is also in my memory.

long story short: This guy reviewed a game he most likely didn't play. hahahahaha  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm
Once again bias ruins a review that could have been used to help people make a purchase.  

Owwin

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:03 pm
I'm amused that he didn't bother checking AT ALL. I mean, he could have wiki'd it and found out or you know PLAY THE GAME.

I'm angry because gaming journalism has sunk so low and yet people keep spewing it out...
*sigh*
Although, reviews will always be biased.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm
Owwin
Once again bias ruins a review that could have been used to help people make a purchase.

He says he didn't play it with the balance board either. I'm guessing that if he even played this game, it wasn't on the Wii.  

Waynebrizzle

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 pm
Yeah, he probably never even played it. This doesn't really surprise me, though. I lost all my faith in gaming journalism after the Gamespot bullshit with Kane & Lynch.

Many cult members here are better game reviewers than most "professionals" these days. In my opinion, many reviewing sites should hire us if they want to redeem themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 pm
I love how people like this get paid to play (or not play lol) video games, when I can't even find a job selling them. gonk  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 pm
-Zephyrotica-
I love how people like this get paid to play (or not play lol) video games, when I can't even find a job selling them. gonk

I guess more people would rather know what games to buy, rather than actually buy them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 pm
Trenn Flashkill
-Zephyrotica-

I guess more people would rather know what games to buy, rather than actually buy them.

You know Mario Galaxy?

The online wasn't so good. I don't think you should buy it.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:13 pm
Waynebrizzle
Owwin

He says he didn't play it with the balance board either. I'm guessing that if he even played this game, it wasn't on the Wii.
He complains about flailing the wiimote and it not recognizing inputs, every other review I have read (not many but still 3for3) says that the wiimote controls are great. It is a pro on two of them. The con is that there isn't character customization! What drug causes debilitating withdrawals? I want to pump him full of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 pm
I feel bad for him in a way. I can't imagine how it feels to be called out on something this bad. He's doing his best to defend himself, but it's just pathetic.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 am
Meta_Fish
I feel bad for him in a way. I can't imagine how it feels to be called out on something this bad. He's doing his best to defend himself, but it's just pathetic.

Well he is kinda getting what he deserves for pulling the review out of his a**.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 am
Ha, That's insanely funny.
What's that thing about Gamespot and Kane and Lynch?  

melikefood

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 am
ONM would never do anything like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 am
melikefood
Ha, That's insanely funny.
What's that thing about Gamespot and Kane and Lynch?

A reviewer at Gamespot refused to give Kane and Lynch a good score even though they were basically bribed, so he got fired.

Gamespot did a good job of covering it up, and really, I'm sure they're not the only review site that's been paid before.  

Waynebrizzle

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 am
Wow, that's just sad. He messed up, bad.
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
Owwin

He complains about flailing the wiimote and it not recognizing inputs, every other review I have read (not many but still 3for3) says that the wiimote controls are great. It is a pro on two of them. The con is that there isn't character customization! What drug causes debilitating withdrawals? I want to pump him full of it.

Go for the heroin.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces