Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Worst personal videogame ******** Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:22 pm
Ever accidentally deleted a save file? Ever forgotten where something was, wasted hours trying to find it, and it turned out to be where you first looked? Ever come within a hair of victory, only to fumble it miserably? Please, share your story here. biggrin

As for me, my worst is probably when I overwrote my 550+ hour file on FFTA. I was stunned at how much time spent had suddenly vanished.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:24 pm
one of the tales games or a game like it, I grinded for 5 hours without saving to get killed by the boss.... back for b4 the grind....  

Cattra Nightblade

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 pm
When I was 12 or 13, I began playing Pokemon Sapphire. I was playing it for hours until late at night...like...way late at night. I just beat the second Gym Leader, then I dosed off and eventually fell asleep with the GBA still turned on. When I woke up the next morning, the battery was completely drained out. Now, HERE's the ********. After all that time spent playing Pokemon Sapphire until I couldn't stay awake any longer and the battery drained out...I never saved the game once.

All that time wasted because I never saved the game at all before ********' falling asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm
I got up to Ganon on OoT and lost, so I saved and tried again the next day to find that my file deleted itself cry

Not really my fault but it still sucked.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Flanboyant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 pm
Animal Crossing Wild World.
MANY hours on that game, and handed it over to my cousin because she wanted to create her own character. WELL... Instead of clicking "I'm new!" She went to the options and created a new town... I was heartbroken...
She has the game now... Probably lost it....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:44 pm
Went and found Missingno in Blue version, didn't save after; thinking that it wouldn't affect my game. Next day i turned ol' pocket on, and everything was gone.. crying

I also heard that Missingno encounters affect Blue version the most, and it makes a partial save when you find it or something, corrupting your save data.  

gutterball29

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 pm
Lord of Armageddon
When I was 12 or 13, I began playing Pokemon Sapphire. I was playing it for hours until late at night...like...way late at night. I just beat the second Gym Leader, then I dosed off and eventually fell asleep with the GBA still turned on. When I woke up the next morning, the battery was completely drained out. Now, HERE's the ********. After all that time spent playing Pokemon Sapphire until I couldn't stay awake any longer and the battery drained out...I never saved the game once.

All that time wasted because I never saved the game at all before ********' falling asleep.
Haha, that happened to me a bunch when I first got FFTA2. I'd pass out playing it, and I lost a collective 50+ hours. The two largest chunks were 10 and 12 hours; having sleep mode made me even more careless than with FFTA.

And, Gutterball, that's really weird. I had Blue, and I missingo'd the s**t out of it. Never unintentionally lost data.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:02 pm
I got a third party memory card for the GBA. You were supposed to be able to save your game data to it and make multiple files so that you could y'know... Have multiple files. >_> I was a kid, and I got it as a gift, and so I was really excited. I got all my best Pokemon from my Blue Version and traded them to Silver Version and then I already had a ton of work put into that file, too. All my legendaries, all my level one hundreds with maxed out stats, all of that stuff, and saved the file, eager to get all the starters from Silver and put them into my party/Pokedex. I saved it to the memory card and started a new game, and saved that to the card, too.

Then the data was gone. It was seriously like a part of me died. It still actually hurts me to think about it. It deleted my childhood. It's not like if the battery ran out on the cartridge, because that's different. That generally happens when you're a lot older, not when you're still a kid. Not when you're still so eager about Pokemon like I was.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Akuyoko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 pm
Meta_Fish
I got a third party memory card for the GBA. You were supposed to be able to save your game data to it and make multiple files so that you could y'know... Have multiple files. >_> I was a kid, and I got it as a gift, and so I was really excited. I got all my best Pokemon from my Blue Version and traded them to Silver Version and then I already had a ton of work put into that file, too. All my legendaries, all my level one hundreds with maxed out stats, all of that stuff, and saved the file, eager to get all the starters from Silver and put them into my party/Pokedex. I saved it to the memory card and started a new game, and saved that to the card, too.

Then the data was gone. It was seriously like a part of me died. It still actually hurts me to think about it. It deleted my childhood. It's not like if the battery ran out on the cartridge, because that's different. That generally happens when you're a lot older, not when you're still a kid. Not when you're still so eager about Pokemon like I was.
I had a memory card like that. I didn't put nearly as much work into my game in Gold version, though. And the memory card didn't delete my save it just screwed it up. All my inventory spaces were filled with Master Balls, which actually got pretty annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:33 pm
8Bit Jack
Lord of Armageddon

Haha, that happened to me a bunch when I first got FFTA2. I'd pass out playing it, and I lost a collective 50+ hours. The two largest chunks were 10 and 12 hours; having sleep mode made me even more careless than with FFTA.

And, Gutterball, that's really weird. I had Blue, and I missingo'd the s**t out of it. Never unintentionally lost data.
Same here. I never used missingno my first playthrough of the game, but every other time, I'd do the missingno glitch. Never fried my game even once. I still have Blue version and it still works just fine.  

Sir Codin

doomsday13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:36 pm
I trained against the highest level gaurds in fable for 5-6 straight hours without saving... AND THE POWER WENT OUT.
I had soo much xp... D;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm
I killed my Azleaf in Pearl and didn't mean to. :/  

V1SUAL K31

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 am
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Red battery. I kept on thinking, "I can do it, just a bit more." Then when I got to a save point, the power cut out. In the middle of the save. Bye bye file. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:44 am
Lord of Armageddon
8Bit Jack
Lord of Armageddon

Same here. I never used missingno my first playthrough of the game, but every other time, I'd do the missingno glitch. Never fried my game even once. I still have Blue version and it still works just fine.

Wow, maybe I was just really unlucky.. sweatdrop  

gutterball29

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:13 am
Hm... Mostly lost save games because I only learned that saving often was good like 3 years ago. Any game before that stressed me to hell because I had to redo like 5 levels because I forgot to save.

Or trying a play through without dying once and near the end doing something stupid like blowing myself up or falling into a very obvious bottomless pit. >.<

I can't really recall much big blunders.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff