Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
One Question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cwizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:54 am
This is something that I have question myself, and others, about and now i ask you. If you could ask God one question, and get a full and compete answer, what question would you ask Him?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 am
Ask him to compare the history and future of the world, comparing what was, is, and will be with what should've, should, and shall be.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:43 pm
Wow, that kind of hypothetical make me giggle. Like your deity would allow his supposed creation to question him. Because many people wanna ask the same thing and thats a sort of blasphemy or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:56 pm
Ricette
Wow, that kind of hypothetical make me giggle. Like your deity would allow his supposed creation to question him. Because many people wanna ask the same thing and thats a sort of blasphemy or something.

Why wouldn't he let us question him? And for that matter what's the question you think everyone would ask him?

I mean, if he's all-powerful, he has absolutely nothing to lose by allowing us to ask questions and even give an occasional answer.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:29 am
Act of Random Kindness
Ricette

Why wouldn't he let us question him? And for that matter what's the question you think everyone would ask him?

I mean, if he's all-powerful, he has absolutely nothing to lose by allowing us to ask questions and even give an occasional answer.
The most commonly thought of question is why is there so much bad in the world and such. And what has he to lose? His great mystery that so many seem attracted to. Hes all knowing and all, but his creations are not, so to keep a small spark of entertainment, he keeps a cloak of mystery and any question threatening to rip it, its auto-blasphemy.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:44 pm
Ah, true. That probably would be the #1 question.

I do disagree on your argument though. The way I see it, people are attracted the sense of hope they get from the religion, not the sense of mystery. So if he decided to let someone pose that question, I'm pretty sure that their supposed security wouldn't be diminished in any way should he decide to answer.

Plus I don't think that it'd be auto-blasphemy either. Mankind is way too incompetent to be any threat to God, even if he should know why there's so much evil in the world. If anything, I think that once they knew, they'd be worse off because they lack the judgement and wisdom to use the knowledge.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

SloanSage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 pm
First of all, we are fallen. There is a veil over understanding in our minds and over our should. Like the veil in the Temple, Jesus was the ripping force. When you meat God, you will know. You will be placed above the angels and with that you will know. God loves us so much, but His love is so great, we cannot comprehend because in our fallen nature we ask why, and how, and other questions. We cannot just accept that we are loved. Like that, we cannot accept that there is a plan for each of us, and that everything works for the favor of God. We do not know why people die too soon, but in the end, we learn things about ourselves and others. With the deaths of those near to me, those taken too soon, I have learned to appreciate each and every day we are alive and together. I can truly appreciate a person, and I have become more content with less in my life. All I need are good people and love.

So, don't really worry too much about what you will ask God when you see Him, just worry about getting others to see Him! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:56 am
I have way too many questions to ask him and I can't limit it to just one question. Unless I make it one big confusing question. XD  

Neferet -House of Night-

Fallpray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 am
One question is not enough. I ask many questions. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:40 pm
I ... don't know. I guess I would want to know about the dinosaurs and whether or not evolution was real.  

Mountain Rose

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 pm
If you are really worried, just make it a run-on.

(and I am an English Major... never thought I would give that advice...)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:09 pm
Why did you give bees stingers...WHY?! gonk  

Kazydi

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:48 pm
SloanSage
If you are really worried, just make it a run-on.

(and I am an English Major... never thought I would give that advice...)

Well that's what Eng majors do. They don't learn to follow the rules; they learn the rules so they can break them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:44 pm
Kazydi
And why must they be so very very painful an deadly to some folk?  

Ricette

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:40 pm
Ricette
Kazydi
And why must they be so very very painful an deadly to some folk?
Like peanuts?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces