Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Hedge Wizard/Witch Magick Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgan Tyrel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 pm
My Craft name is Silvanus Moonoak. I would rather you use that in here.

This is a new class I have been permitted to start. There are a few simple rules, as in any class.

1) Show respect towards everyone. We are all equal here. Therefor, no using honorifics or insults.
2) Post your findings on your exercises. If you have a different technique you would like to suggest, a specific subject/spell to request, or have a very, VERY different result then expected, PM me first and wait for me to say you can post it publicly.
3) Any heated discussions, concerns, and/or debates that could become personal must be made to my knowledge, and I will do what I can to set up an private meeting in my house. First it will be a One-on-One session with only me, then it will be a group session with all the members involved. Send me a list of available times(Montana time, if you can.), and I will choose based on all members overlaps.

I make a promise to you all that all of my knowledge will be made available to you. Certain spells I will keep to myself, but if you feel you would like to learn them, they can be earned. PM me with an exceptional piece of Magickal result from your exercises or from experimentation, and I will grant you one spell that is not in the public classes. This is essentially Extra Credit. It takes 5 EC to earn a spell.

And yes, I will give private lessons upon request. These lessons can either be through PMs or in my House. Send me a list of times and the reason for your request, and I will see what I can do for you.

Thank you all for joining(And for putting up with the long-winded intro). And now, let the real class BEGIN!

Note: As of December 29th, 2008, this is now just going to be a list of standard spells and requested, specific spells. It seems I have lost my class, so I am changing this threads purpose. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 pm
-You enter a tranquil clearing with a massive Oak tree in the middle, shading everything around it.-

Welcome, my pupils! Welcome to my class! Now, the first order of business is a basic introduction into Hedge Wizard Magick.

The Hedge Wizard is centered entirely around Nature and practical Magick. These Magicks are Protection, Healing, Herbalism, Crystal Magick, Elemental Magick, and practical spells that will bring you closer to Nature.

Now, I would like each of oyu to post a short intro about who you are and why you chose this class. When you are finished, your first assignment will be to make and/or show your personal Sigil. For those who have never made a Sigil, it is quite easy.

1) Choose what Magickal Alphabet you would like to use. Normally, the Futhark, or Runes are used due to their design.
2) Write down all of the symbols used for each letter in your Name. Do not repeat letters.
3) On a piece of paper, start overlapping the lines and turning the symbols so that they form a Sigil that you find appealing and/or you feel very connected with. Make at least five if you like the first one, just to see some more.
4) Memorize your chosen Sigil.

Your Sigil is not only your signature, but can be a focus for a spell you cast upon yourself. Your Sigil resonates with your energy, and is therefor unique. Anyone else can draw it, but noone else can draw it and have it resonate. Here is an example. This is my Sigil. The second "a" and "s" is not repeated.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Edit] My computer will not let me see if my Sigil is showing. Please let me know if it is, and if it is not, then I apologize.  

Morgan Tyrel

xAikaNoKurayami

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:20 pm
I'm very interested in joining, as this has been the path I've been on; I simply never thought it may have a name. I'm not home at the moment, but I will be tomorrow, at which point I'll construct my Futhark sigil.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:59 am
-Waves- hello, I'm Torak [it's okay if I go by my username here? I'm not fond of my real name at the moment >.>] and I'm very interested in joining your class, if you'll have me. I'm very curious about what you have to teach me and will accomplish the assignments to the best of my ability!
I request to join, as it will further my knowledge and understanding of wiccan practices, and I want to know all I can!!  

torak317

The Goddess of Earth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:08 am
I would like to join as well...For now I'll go by Jessica, and I'll start on my sigil when I get off of work tonight 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54 pm
You are all welcome here. If you're not comfortable with using your names here, then that is perfectly fine. I understand it takes time to build up trust within the class.

Like I said, the Sigil is the first order of business, as many Hedge Wizard spells focus on that Sigil. Once you have that made, tell me, and if you're ahead of the class, I'll give you some basic exercises while the others catch up. Afterwards, we'll start on the basic lessons and philosiphies of being a Hedge Wizard/Witch.  

Morgan Tyrel

xAikaNoKurayami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Here's my sigil. I used the shortened version "Josh" of "Joshua," since it felt right.

My sigil.

As I hope you can see, Othila is the one in the middle. The pieces of Jera are on either side. Sowulo was woven into the right part of of Jera, and Hagalaz into the left. I really like it. ^^

Apparently, it will be sunny as it hails in the year of harvest on my inherited land. xd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 pm
Excellent work. One slight correction on your interpretation. Hagalz means Hail, yes, but also means Disruption, Elemental Power, and the destructive forces of Nature.

The misinterpretation might be caused by the fact we may be using different books. Which do you use? I use "The Book of Runes" by Ralph H. Blum.  

Morgan Tyrel

torak317

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm
I have a question... do any runes work? because the book I have has something called "Celestial Writing" in it, but doesn't go into details about them. It also has a list of regular runes, but it gives guide as to what letter they correspond with... Or don't they?
I'm sorry I haven't really studied runes yet, I'm working up to it and... need a bit of help here. ^^"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:39 pm
Nature Speaker
Excellent work. One slight correction on your interpretation. Hagalz means Hail, yes, but also means Disruption, Elemental Power, and the destructive forces of Nature.

The misinterpretation might be caused by the fact we may be using different books. Which do you use? I use "The Book of Runes" by Ralph H. Blum.

Well, I'm using a rather generic book of descriptions that came with a set of beautiful runestones I got many years ago; I was inexplicably drawn to them, and I now know why. Unfortunately, they're a little grumpy, and don't often give very accurate readings. -sigh-

torak317: How they "work" would depend on your definition of "work." Maybe you could specify?

xAikaNoKurayami

torak317

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:06 pm
oh! my apologies. What I mean is that ...I've seen many different magical alphabets of sorts, and I'm wondering if any are more appropriate to use than others. Or would all of them serve the same purpose, and it is merely a personal preference?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 am
torak317
oh! my apologies. What I mean is that ...I've seen many different magical alphabets of sorts, and I'm wondering if any are more appropriate to use than others. Or would all of them serve the same purpose, and it is merely a personal preference?

It's exactly that; whichever feels right to you, is right for you. 3nodding

xAikaNoKurayami

Morgan Tyrel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:57 am
xAikaNoKurayami is right. Some scripts are better suited for a particular use mainly because of how they are written. The Theban script, or Witches Alphabet as it is sometimes called, is used for engraving Names and/or prayers and spells on wands, chalices, etc. because it is a compact, flowing script. The Ogham, Druids Alphabet, can be etched onto any surface with a straight, defined corner. The Futhark is easily carved onto flat surfaces, such as wood, stone, or metal, and can be painted on skin. It's all due to preferance and ease of use.

And xAikaNoKurayami, if your Runes aren't working, then you might want to try drawing one every morning after your prayers. This is known as Odin's Rune, and can be used to show you what challenge might be there that day, or it can be like a morning meditation. It will also help you to memorize the Runes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 pm
Nature Speaker
And xAikaNoKurayami, if your Runes aren't working, then you might want to try drawing one every morning after your prayers. This is known as Odin's Rune, and can be used to show you what challenge might be there that day, or it can be like a morning meditation. It will also help you to memorize the Runes.

Ja, I've been considering that. As far as "Odin's Rune" goes, I have a blank rune that is called Odin, but to my understanding it's not part of the original Futhark so I refrain from using it.

Also; for drawing runes out of the bag, how do you suggest I do that? I always think I may be doing it wrong; I just stick my hand in and try to find what feels right.

xAikaNoKurayami

Morgan Tyrel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:57 pm
Firt, focus your energy, and infuse the Runes with it. Then reach in, and move your fingers around until one Rune catches. Draw it out, and read in your book about it, commiting as much as you can to memory, meditating upon the Rune's meaning.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games