Reply Instruments and Vocals
Bassoons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amphion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:27 pm
Hey, everybody. As is probably apparent from the title of this thread, this is a place for those of us whose instrument of choice is the bassoon. In addition to my username, I'll also answer to Kitty.
Rules and Regulations

1. Obey the Gaia ToS.
2. Respect other people.
2a. This holds especially for different ability levels. Just because you're knocking off Hummel while they're struggling with Galliard does not mean that you're a better person than they are. We were all beginners once.
3. Try to avoid chatspeak. Language is a tool for communication, and eliminating vowels, capital letters, and punctuation doesn't actually help get your message across. Emoticons are fine in moderation. :3
4. Don't spend too much time sniffing the reed glue....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:47 pm
I suppose I should go ahead and introduce myself further. I'm going into Junior year at High School. I play a year-and-a-half-old Fox Model 240 called Haru (it's a long story). I've been playing for about three and a half years.

Things I'm currently working on
Hummel: Grand Concerto in F major: Movement III: Rondo
Milde: Concert Etude No. 2
Oubradous: Fourths in C major from the first book.

Things I just finished working on
Hindemith: Sonata
PDQ Bach: Sonata "Abassoonata"
Adler: Canto XII, movements I and III
Solomon: Etudes to Spring Nos. 2 and 4

And I'm going off to a summer orchestra camp in two weeks, so presumably I'll get some new music there... rolleyes  

Amphion

LovelyAdversity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:04 pm
i played bassoon! it was so awesome! except it made my fingers hurt...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:31 pm
PrincessPomeranian
i played bassoon! it was so awesome! except it made my fingers hurt...

Yeah, it can do that. You have to be careful when you're practicing, although that goes for other instruments as well.  

Amphion

Gener90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 pm
Bassoon is my newest instrument!!!I play 8 others....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:25 am
The bassoon is amazing. xd I can play up to high F and down to low E... and I am currently working on more scales.

Also currently working on some pieces most people have never heard of... :3  

bassoonz

iiRose_kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 pm
I've been playing the bassoon for 3 weeks. It's my first Woodwind instrument.
And I fell in love with the instrument, even though it's sucky and it's 160...But I have the best handmade reed that I can get! It's a very special reed made especially for brass players, and it works very well.
And I get to be the next section leader in my sophomore year! lol (Mainly because our section leader is a senior and we dont have any bassoon players in junior or sophomore year.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:35 pm
I play the bassoon.... obviously... I've been playing for two years now, and it's my favorite!

I've been working on Weber's Bassoon Concerto. Well mainly the slower movement, because it's my favorite. The only problem is I really don't have Tenor Clef done as well as I should. XD  

Everlasting Radiance

iiRose_kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 pm
Currently...I am working on my solo, Song without words by E. WeissenBorn.
Unfortunately it's in 4/4 times...But still, it's a Andante tempo and I really love the flow.
That song is FILLED with high notes XP  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:59 pm
I, too, play the bassoon. I've been playing ever since I was in 7th grade... which is like 4 years. It's an awesome instrument and the teacher that I still take from is equally as awesome. The trick with the bassoon is intonation. Every single note has a different tone. For me, my F sharp and G in the middle range are usually sharp. My high notes are often flat. xD

I can play from a Low B flat up to a High high high E. I'm just starting on the Contrabassoon as well.

Calm Cruelty

SaxySoul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:37 pm
I've played the bassoon for about a year and one week, and my range is from low ledger-line Bb up to somewhere between high ledger line D to G (depending on if I'm having a good day)

I'm terrible at the "half" hole thing for the G note. does anyone have any tips for remembering to do that?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:52 pm
I absolutly love the bassoon. Ive been playing it for 2 years and my range is from low Bb and my current bassoon doesnt have a d key so ive not been able to go too high sweatdrop

EDIT: Oh iand ive been absolutly DYING to try out contrabassoon. It looks so fun.  

Scnope

SaxySoul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:37 pm
I find it depressing that nobody posts on this thread...
gonk I love the bassoon, and I would love to talk about my passions with other bassoonists!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:17 pm
I've been playing Bassoon for about four months and I can already play a low Bb chromatic scale from low Bb all the way to high Bb (treble clef).

I'd love to play the Contrabassoon, but I have to get my hands on one first though... sweatdrop

I think my next challenge will be clarinet or english horn. (Yes, english horn. The oboe is too high-pitched for me! xd )  

Wheres the Corn

jahooliah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:36 pm
SaxySoul
I've played the bassoon for about a year and one week, and my range is from low ledger-line Bb up to somewhere between high ledger line D to G (depending on if I'm having a good day)

I'm terrible at the "half" hole thing for the G note. does anyone have any tips for remembering to do that?

Sometimes I have trouble with that too... ^^" With some bassoons, for notes like G, you might acually need to cover the whole hole, or cover less of the hole for your first finger.  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff