Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
what makes a "bad" christian Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sexdeath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:48 pm
i am christian (or try to be) but i am very interested in other things.
i study satanism. im not satanist but i kind of study it. and im way into evil stuff.
is that wrong?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 pm
User Image
Jesus...

Hm... Tough question. However, from what I have read in the Bible, etc. It is not wrong to study Satanism or anything else, in fact, by studying Satanism you'll most likely find how currupt and scary and despicable it is.

However, practicing and doing "evil" things is definitely a sin, though if you could extrapolate on what these "evil" things are, it'd be a lot easier to help you

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 pm
I will answer this as a former Christian. Studying Satanism, as far as I know, is fine. If you become a practitioner, then it is very wrong and a big huge sin. With that act you would fail to be Christian. Now the "way into evil stuff" I would like to know more of. Specifics if you will. If there is fascination with death, I hardly think it counts as evil unless you are wondering what it feels like to kill or you want to desecrate graves and corpses. But I would like to know what these "evil" things you are into that way you can get a more in depth and informative answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:09 pm
No sin is worse than another in the Bible...murder is just as bad as a white lie according to God. But..

as far as "evil" goes..there are..um..i wouldn't say "stages" but i might say strengths. As much as some Christians would like to try to ignore or play down, demons do have a huge part in the world today. And when we mess with certain things and go deeper and deeper into them a stronger demon comes and finds a nice little home where you cracked open that door in the first place. I would know this...first hand. It got terrible with me and i had to go through some intense stuff to get free.

Which now i am smile

The song "set me free" by Casting Crowns comes to mind..  

Siren of Saturn

Natalliee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:39 am
yes its wrong  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 am
If you study it for the sake of knowledge and dispelling any ignorance you have towards it, then I cannot see what could be wrong with it.  

Arkham Advertiser

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:17 am
can we even say what is wrong anymore ?!?

as long as you dont forsake everything you know as a christian and arent submerged into it, i think you'll be fine.

but me i love science too much. and the whole science vs faith thing again.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:43 pm
Lol, actually I was kinda wondering the same thing a while ago, cuz meh friend is into Divination and stuff. I'm an extremely curious fellow. mrgreen

Anywho, I think this basically depends on who's asking the question. Some people are futher down the path with God than others and can handle the pressure of gettin' too involved with the stuff.

If you feel you're up to the challenege, go for it. Just don't get consumed with it and your fine. ^_^  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

rillegas08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am
Ricette
I will answer this as a former Christian. Studying Satanism, as far as I know, is fine. If you become a practitioner, then it is very wrong and a big huge sin. With that act you would fail to be Christian. Now the "way into evil stuff" I would like to know more of. Specifics if you will. If there is fascination with death, I hardly think it counts as evil unless you are wondering what it feels like to kill or you want to desecrate graves and corpses. But I would like to know what these "evil" things you are into that way you can get a more in depth and informative answer.

A bad Christian is one who professes to be a Christian, yet does not live like Christ. In other words, a bad Christian is not a Christian.

As Christians, we are called to live as Jesus lived. We are called to give the Gospel to others by way of the Law. We are to pray, using Christ's example when He teaches His disciple to pray, to the Creator of the universe, giving praise, repenting, then you may request things. Then be silent and listen to what God is saying to you. We are called to live as a Christ-like example to others.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:04 pm
what makes us a bad christian
when we forget the ways god designed us to live that makes us a bad christian  

crystalxdarc

Faithbringer777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 pm
sunshinehearttrob

as long as you dont forsake everything you know as a christian and arent submerged into it, i think you'll be fine.

Um yes, yes we can. So many people are dropping out of churches or doing stuff because they say the pastors arent practicing what they preach. Total cop out, were not following the people on the pulpit were following the one there talking about. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and because he did he has the right to tell us what is wrong and he sais it in the bible. Just cause somebody who has the same problems hes talking about is telling you about it dosent mean it gives you the right not to listen.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:48 pm
sexdeath
i am christian (or try to be) but i am very interested in other things.
i study satanism. im not satanist but i kind of study it. and im way into evil stuff.
is that wrong?

the words "bad" and "wrong" are only to discribe what we don't like

thus there is not one deffinition
and thus in the sence you have used those words
it does not exist  

lordstar

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:40 pm
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob

Um yes, yes we can. So many people are dropping out of churches or doing stuff because they say the pastors arent practicing what they preach. Total cop out, were not following the people on the pulpit were following the one there talking about. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and because he did he has the right to tell us what is wrong and he sais it in the bible. Just cause somebody who has the same problems hes talking about is telling you about it dosent mean it gives you the right not to listen.
Difference between talking about existing problems they have and saying one thing then doing another.
Catholics preach do not harm children. But, the same priests fondle the young, nubile, alter boys. Hypocrisy. A priest who preaches to love the neighbor who then turns around to scorn and hate his gay neighbor. Hypocrisy,
That, and church is boring, full of old women who smell like nursing homes and that are so desperate for younger members that they throw together half assed youth programs that go under in 6 months.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 pm
Ricette
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob

Difference between talking about existing problems they have and saying one thing then doing another.
Catholics preach do not harm children. But, the same priests fondle the young, nubile, alter boys. Hypocrisy. A priest who preaches to love the neighbor who then turns around to scorn and hate his gay neighbor. Hypocrisy,
That, and church is boring, full of old women who smell like nursing homes and that are so desperate for younger members that they throw together half assed youth programs that go under in 6 months.

A key ability of a leader is to lead by example
without a leader who has such an ability people will loose faith
ya know...someone who was alive...not 2000 years ago  

lordstar

rillegas08

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 am
lordstar
Ricette
Faithbringer777
sunshinehearttrob

A key ability of a leader is to lead by example
without a leader who has such an ability people will loose faith
ya know...someone who was alive...not 2000 years ago

Someone who is alive to be a leader? Hmm...(thinks for several minutes) Nope, can't think of any.

What makes Jesus not a good leader?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces