Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
True Christians Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 am
I find are hard to find. Now do not get me wrong, you guys have your whole thing on Jesus and God. But inside and outside this guild, there are so many who would rather shove a cross down one's throat than gift wrap it and wish the giftee well. I think TRUE Christians wouldn't be hating on those who do not share their beliefs in any way. That TRUE Christians would not try to shove their cross down someone's throat.
So I pose a question.
What do you people think constitutes a TRUE Christian? Do you agree with me? Is there something to add or detract? Or do you have a different idea altogether? I want to know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 am
Ricette
I find are hard to find. Now do not get me wrong, you guys have your whole thing on Jesus and God. But inside and outside this guild, there are so many who would rather shove a cross down one's throat than gift wrap it and wish the giftee well. I think TRUE Christians wouldn't be hating on those who do not share their beliefs in any way. That TRUE Christians would not try to shove their cross down someone's throat.
So I pose a question.
What do you people think constitutes a TRUE Christian? Do you agree with me? Is there something to add or detract? Or do you have a different idea altogether? I want to know.

People who truly love Jesus, and therefore actively try to give up their own selfish life, and live their life for Him, by loving everyone just as Jesus would.

But it is a difficult question. Anyone with anything to add?  

dragongirl42391

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:00 pm
I am a bit.. turned away by "christians" the way it appears today. Something just seems off with all the over-acting and the obvious blindness of evangelicals.

Anyone else think jesus was an example of human perfection? You know, an example of what to be? That Jesus was pointing out a message, and it wasn't just his name engraved in gold leaf or little statues of him or talking in tongues and flopping on the ground whenever some jackhole says his name and hits you on the head with a palm-heel.

You know when you want to show a dog something, so you point at it? And what does the stupid animal do? It looks right at your finger. You're pointing at something really great, but the dog's hung up on your finger like "Oh wow, master! A finger! thanks for showing me!"

Seems to me like christians these days are the dogs, getting distracted the the fingerjesus pointing towards the way to being a good person.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am
Ricette
So I pose a question.

I agree with you.

Our mission is to share with people who are willing to hear and who want to know about Jesus, not force our beliefs on everybody.

Plus, we can't expect everybody to believe in the same things. Everyone's different and it's important to accept all kinds of people and to try to get along with everyone just the same, after all...

"It takes all kinds of fruit to make a fruit cup" : D -- Quote from Mission Hill
. . . I know, I'm corny... sorry.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:16 pm
divineseraph
I am a bit.. turned away by "christians" the way it appears today. Something just seems off with all the over-acting and the obvious blindness of evangelicals.

Anyone else think jesus was an example of human perfection? You know, an example of what to be? That Jesus was pointing out a message, and it wasn't just his name engraved in gold leaf or little statues of him or talking in tongues and flopping on the ground whenever some jackhole says his name and hits you on the head with a palm-heel.

You know when you want to show a dog something, so you point at it? And what does the stupid animal do? It looks right at your finger. You're pointing at something really great, but the dog's hung up on your finger like "Oh wow, master! A finger! thanks for showing me!"

Seems to me like christians these days are the dogs, getting distracted the the fingerjesus pointing towards the way to being a good person.
My god, I love you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:09 pm
I'd have to agree with dragongirl on this one. Anyone who truly loves Christ and shows it, I would consider, a true Christian.  

tep

Benevolent Prophet

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 pm
Ricette
So I pose a question.
User Image
He has Redeemed Me!Though I

Those "haters" out there really annoy me. They are misguided and have twisted the Bible and Jesus' words into a hate filled message, which it's not. And about the "shoving the cross down someones throat" that is either a "hater" or someone who is overzealous about Christianity. We're supposed to take the Good News around the world, but as someone once said "Preach the Gospel, and when you must, use words."

A good Christian in my opinion is one who accepts and beleives in Christ, yes, but also one who has a tame tongue, and who wears clothing that doesn't portray violence, etc. One who is humble and yeah~ Just me though!

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:41 pm
Zora Darkblade
Ricette
So I pose a question.

I agree with you.

Our mission is to share with people who are willing to hear and who want to know about Jesus, not force our beliefs on everybody.

Plus, we can't expect everybody to believe in the same things. Everyone's different and it's important to accept all kinds of people and to try to get along with everyone just the same, after all...

"It takes all kinds of fruit to make a fruit cup" : D -- Quote from Mission Hill
User Image

Agreed~

User Image

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 pm
a true christian...

is actually Christ like. A rare thing to find. I try...

but even I am only human.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:46 am
Siren of Saturn
a true christian...

is actually Christ like. A rare thing to find. I try...

but even I am only human.
User Image

Once again, your words ring true~ Last year in 8th Grade I tryed to be Christ-like, but contiously got caught up in telling rude and somewhat perverse jokes that made people laugh. But this Summer has been a blessing, and I hope and pray that God will be with me in High School to help me become a better role-model for Christ~

A thing that really bothers me is Christians that swear. I know it isn't that big of a deal and all... I dunno', the Bible teaches us to have tame tongues, and that harsh words stir up anger, and especially after reading Proverbs does this problem get to me~ Just me though XD

User Image

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:00 pm
Zora Darkblade
Ricette
So I pose a question.

I agree with you.

your quote about fruit....
someone explain? I have no idea what it means :p I'm sure it has great meaning behind it that i'm missing!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:42 pm
Siren of Saturn
Zora Darkblade
Ricette
So I pose a question.

I agree with you.

your quote about fruit....
someone explain? I have no idea what it means :p I'm sure it has great meaning behind it that i'm missing!
User Image

What he's saying is that it takes a whole bunch of different people (fruit) to make a functional nation/world (the fruit cup) Hope that helps~

User Image

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:56 pm
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 pm
xxPromarkxx
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

User Image So get out of bed, step off your rooftop...

I think Ive heard that quote before from my "sunday school" (man it feels kinda juvenile to say that : P ) teacher. Im finding that it is quite true.. even with myself. I think everyone, to some extent, needs to work on it.

and just look around, hear the sound of God. User Image

TrinityofLove

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:16 am
TrinityofLove
xxPromarkxx

User Image So get out of bed, step off your rooftop...

I think Ive heard that quote before from my "sunday school" (man it feels kinda juvenile to say that : P ) teacher. Im finding that it is quite true.. even with myself. I think everyone, to some extent, needs to work on it.

and just look around, hear the sound of God. User Image

its from ghandi i think... if im wrong correct me... its four am and I've slept a total of six hours in the last four days.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff