Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
....Need....slash....*dies* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaurak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:52 pm
Okay, so maybe my title's a bit overdramatic... but, anywho... I have recently developed an unfortunate addiction of the Remus/Sirius variety. For awhile I was able to satisfy myself with anything written on this pairing, and then I discovered the wonderful Shoebox Prject which lasted me a couple of days. Now however, I've run out of anything decent to read. For some reason or another my expectations have risen and I've also grown a taste for Lily/James stories and Marauder Era fics in general. Sadly, I'm having a tough time finding anything good in these categories. They're either badly written or of the angst variety. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against angst, it's just I feel there is something inherently wrong in Marauder Era angsting (unless it's by Snape, he's allowed to razz )

So, I was hoping that some of you might be able to point me in the direction of Sirius/Remus, Lily/James, or just general Marauder fics that are
1) well written
2) have no OCs as major characters
and 3) aren't too dark, angsty, or graphic. Lemons make me twitch, and in a bad way.

Thanks, I love you all. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:10 pm
Me and a friend were righting a fan fic that has Lily/James in it, but it has characters from a manga in it and there are some OCs who play semi-important parts, but they aren't like major to the plot.... Would you be interested in reading that? If not I could alwyas try to write a fic! mrgreen  

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

Zaurak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:08 pm
What mangas? But yeah, that sounds interesting, I''d love to try it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:47 am
The only fan fic I've read that was good enough to be recomended to people, was a DarcoHermione... It was a really good fic. Even though it's not what you want, I'll show it to you if you'd like.  

The Fluff

Sumurika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:04 pm
Yeah, I know how you feel. It's so horrible, the people in this guild have gotten me into slash! crying

XD Only kidding. Well, the people in this guild /did/ get me into it, but it's not such a bad thing. I would assume you have, but did you try ff.net? There's bound to be something good on there. The only other websites I can think of are animespiral which only has anime stuff and a site that has all... er... "angsty" stuff. Yes, I read that stuff. XDDD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Heys. Try http://adultfanfiction.net

jessiekins

Crew

Wealthy Vampire

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Zaurak
What mangas? But yeah, that sounds interesting, I''d love to try it. biggrin

It's a crossover with Tsubasa. The Fan Fic. Yeah... Hope you like it... It's still being worked on though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:44 pm
O: I like Tsubasa! Thanks, I'll check it out. (:  

Zaurak

Zaurak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:22 pm
Quote:
The only fan fic I've read that was good enough to be recomended to people, was a DarcoHermione... It was a really good fic. Even though it's not what you want, I'll show it to you if you'd like.

I'm not sure... The only Draco romance fics I particularly like reading are Ron/Draco of the humorous variety. I'm strange like that.... But if it's that good, then...yeah, I'll give it a try. Thanks. smile

kagome_chan001
Yeah, I know how you feel. It's so horrible, the people in this guild have gotten me into slash! crying

XD Only kidding. Well, the people in this guild /did/ get me into it, but it's not such a bad thing. I would assume you have, but did you try ff.net? There's bound to be something good on there. The only other websites I can think of are animespiral which only has anime stuff and a site that has all... er... "angsty" stuff. Yes, I read that stuff. XDDD

XDXD I'm not sure who got me into slash, all I know is I am. Ah, yes, I've checked ff.net. I came up with a few good things, but a lot on it is just dross, and I really don't want to have to sift through hundred of pages of fanfics. Nothing wrong with angst either, it's just not my style. I'm one of those damn incurable optimists.

jessiekitten

Thanks, I will. ^_^ It's not too graphic or anything, is it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:20 am
Zaurak
jessiekitten

Thanks, I will. ^_^ It's not too graphic or anything, is it?
Some of it is. But generally the writer will put up a lemon warning so you should be safe.  

Deth Pixie

7,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

Your-Cold-Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:49 pm
Set In Slate

Have you tried Fanfiction.net? If not try that and then the site I posted. It's really good but it's just Draco/Harry, sorry I couldn' find more, if I do I'll be sure to let you know ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:52 pm
i hate slash fics and if anyone yells at me i dont care because i dont care what you say  

Potter351

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:49 pm
Potter351
i hate slash fics and if anyone yells at me i dont care because i dont care what you say

Seconded. However, I don't HATE them...they're just not of the genre I'd prefer to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:13 pm
Potter351

mmm I respect your opinion...but I have to state mine aswell... I LOVE SLASH!!! hehe...Im rather addicted I think  

[Belle Morte]

Potter351

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:16 pm
well i dont like it because its totally against what each character is about
I see all the time harry draco slashs but harry and draco loathe each other not love and loathe isnt exactly love although they start with the same letter  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff