Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:03 pm

So today I went to Borders, and I got a smallish sized Student NIV Bible. I got it so that I would be able to take it on the Bus and to school to read from it, and strengthen my faith. Just wanted to know your thoughts on this~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 am
as long as you don't get sick on the bus
and
as long as your not antisocial  

lordstar

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:55 pm
Awesome; I love tiny bibles. I carry one in my backpack. What I need, though, is a travel sized study bible.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:01 pm
cool!! I really need to do that...haven't gotten around to it yet... domokun  

Sarcastic_Angel

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Haha, I feel a lot better about it now ^^

Plus maybe it will open up the doors for someone to learn of Gods love for us?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 am
Not to mention, that's a good thing. We all need to get more of God's word in us. It's our sword. It's our filter. It's the only offensive item we are given in terms of the spiritual armor per Ephesians 6.

Sweetness.  

Berezi

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 pm
Berezi
Not to mention, that's a good thing. We all need to get more of God's word in us. It's our sword. It's our filter. It's the only offensive item we are given in terms of the spiritual armor per Ephesians 6.

Sweetness.

Yeah, you have a good point there~ And it's sad, because I still haven't taken it out of my backpack to read on the bus.... I think it may be for fear of what others think, unfortunately...But, God is faithful, and he will give me a time (partially because the past couple days I have been getting help from friends on math and talking about the end of the year XD)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm
cool. My friend does that. She brings a Bible to school everyday and reads on the bus. She also writes songs and stuff.
it really helps you. it keeps you strong.  

Halentyne

Eternal Hellraiser

BRIAN BRADD0CK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm
I will sometimes carry my pocket sized NT Bible with me. It does help to keep one strong in the word since it's so easily available.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Yay! School just ended today! Gaw, it's been crazy! T^T

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Herself Online

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:19 pm
I love my travel sized Bible which I keep in my purse...too bad I haven't traveled anywhere since May. It's just nice to have with me in case I ever get some time alone + it takes up way less room then my other Bible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:08 pm
everybody need to read bible...
and if you can carry a bible with you anywhere...
I think is great...just donĀ“t get sick or ..get lost...

=D God <3 u!!!

nashmyt

android_22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:55 pm
I'd be careful if I were you mademoiselle. Other people can be just as faithful to their own beliefs as you are. Go ahead and do your thing, I respect that you are so focused, however I'd be careful you may well indeed insult others to the point where you find yourself in a lot of trouble...just some helpful advice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:19 pm
Hi! I think you need to read your Bible anywhere. Remember about planting seeds? Well, sometimes all it takes is for someone to see you reading your Bible for them to get back with God and Jesus. Maybe there is another christian that is scared to show theirs and you reading and showing your faith would be a way to encourage them to show theirs. You never know how God works. Don't be scared to show your faith. Now go read your Bible on the bus, at school, anywhere. God bless.  

ChristianBiker

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Your intention for carrying a Bible with you should be for you to be closer and more informed about God's word. Yes, it CAN be a tool for evangelization.... but that's a thin line to tread. If someone ASKS you about it, then it's ok to talk about it.

But you should be reading the Word to get closer to God. Don't be like the pharisees who stood on the street corners praying the loudest just so their good works could be seen and praised.

Preach the Gospel at all times: when needed, use words.

Just some friendly advice. 3nodding

Quite a number of my friends carry small sized Bibles with them in their purses, and I think it's a wonderful idea.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff