Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Main Guild Forum
Tales of Parental Woe: Share your stories here. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rena-kit

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:53 pm
Do you have horribly gross, messy and scatalogically traumatic baby stories?
Sure you do! We all have them! Share your story with the rest of us. We'll commiserate, share our own stories and maybe laugh a little at each others' expense.
Note: share stories that have happened to you personally. It just doesn't count if it's someone else's suffering. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 pm
I started my day being cuddled more closely than normal by my baby girl. I felt really loved and special until I found the big wet spot on her side of the bed.
I ended the day by taking a bath. I'd got the tub nice and full of tinglingly hot water and lavender scented bubble bath. I let my baby in when she cried at the door. After bending over the edge of the tub to play in the water for a few minutes (and quite proudly learning and using the word "hot") she threw up the chocolate milkshake she's puppy-eyed from me earlier - straight into my bathwater. I ended up taking a shower instead. lol  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:41 am
xd I was changing my sons diaper. I had it off and was ready to put on a clean one. Then he decides he has to pee. He peed on my belly, my leg, his blankets and his own belly. I had to hold the blanket up to keep him from peeing on me more. Then he actually smiles . He must think it funny that i have to clean it all up. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:04 pm
Sounds like he was marking you as *his* Mommy. biggrin
Mommy Tip: I almost always slip the clean diaper under the old one before I change my little girl. That way all I have to do is fold over the old one, wipe her bottom and slip the dirty diaper out from underneath her tush. The new diaper catches any surprises.
At about 2 months old my baby pooed while I was wiping her tail. It shot two feet from the changing table into the crib. I cried out in shock and started laughing hysterically. Then my husbands Mom came in to see what was wrong.I showed her the evidence of my poo-cannon cutie and she cracked up as well. My hubby wouldn't let me get a photo of the poo track though, he thought it would embarrass her too much when she got older. sweatdrop In retrospect I kind of agree. But I still enjoy the memory.  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 am
well boys are different. girls pee down, and boys spray everything! ive been lucky, he hasnt sprayed for a few days!  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:14 pm
Lol, thats why you bring the new diaper up over his sprayer the moment he starts, that way you only have the first bit to clean up. Being a Mommy really increases your reaction speed! smile  

Rena-kit

lady_yaki
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:15 pm
ah. its only been 10 days, i need more practice at being a mom thats all.lol.

i found this funny video when he was sleeping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhRZx2QIJKg  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:39 am
Neat! That *is* funny... I wonder how they made her explode?  

Rena-kit

SoulSeer

Enduring Prophet

14,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:11 am
Or, since he's so small right now, cut your boxes of wipes in half, then you're not wasting. Put a wipe over his weener and when he pees, it'll dribble down into his diaper instead. Riv peed on me almost every diaper until he was 6 months old.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 pm
hmm that sounds like a good idea to me. does anyone else know if its normal for a newborn to randomly smile?  

lady_yaki
Captain

Rena-kit

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 pm
Yes, random smiles are perfectly normal, both my mom and my hubby's mom claimed my baby was smiling due to gas (the tickly, fluttery kind).  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:21 pm
Today was especially traumatic, my tot got four immunization shots today. She's also teething so it's fun, fun, at my house. stare  

Rena-kit

SoulSeer

Enduring Prophet

14,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:55 am
Keep an eye on her diaper rash. his just got out of control this last teething (four in at once) and so he's on a couple of prescriptions for it. And I think he's mildly allergic to his amoxycilin but the lady who checked him at the clinic yesterday said it was okay.

We did 4 months AND 12 month shots the day before. He was sooooo excited.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm
alex only got one shot so far. he did scream!  

lady_yaki
Captain

Rena-kit

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:53 pm
Katie doesn't get diaper rash often. I powder her tushie a lot. When she starts looking too pink I use Aquafore or Boudreax's Butt Paste on her and she's better the next day.  
Main Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff