Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm
User Image

Riko was not entirely sure on why he couldn't stop thinking about what had happened on his way home before. That girl he had met hadn't exactly been happy to see him, and he'd been on quite the roll. He was quite happy with how things had gone in the roguelands but this was a particularly unhappy spot for his ego. He never even imagined the idea of making a friend, now his mind was more set in his original intent. All he had to do was figure out who she was, really, and try again. Having no where else to start, he'd headed back towards the rock where he'd first seen her. A plan made to at least seem like a nice lion had been formed, putting his hopes rather high.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:47 pm
User Image

The truth of the matter was that Ghali had rather thoroughly forgotten about Mafuriko. He had not been an important spot in her life, and so she saw no reason to remember him. He had just been a nasty young male, and with that categorization she had put him to the back of the mind where he proceeded to be forgotten. Ghali had more important things to worry about, such as finding herself a new den. So far all that she had managed to find were little caverns that were too small for her comfort. She liked spacey dens, a place where she could sprawl out and still not consume all of the room. It would be difficult to find such a home, which was why Ghali spent most of her days searching. The lioness had nothing better to do (she was pointedly avoiding hunting), and so den-searching had been listed as her number-one priority. She had yet to take Shani with her, but that was because Shani had better things to do, and she would prefer not to disturb her sister once again with the idea that Ghali was moving out.

With a sigh she jumped on top of one of her favorite boulders, because in the morning it was cool while the sun was hot, and at night it was hot while the moon was cool. It was also a great vantage point, and so the lioness sat on top of it, her blue eyes intent on the horizon. She, though, did not see Riko coming. She was too consumed with looking for an outcropping of rocks that might hold a toasty new den for her. The only thing she had to worry about was the den already being preoccupied. But, she would deal with that when the time came. Right now, she just really wanted to find one suitable den. Just one.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 pm
Unlike Ghali, Riko had nothing but his ego to occupy his time. He had no friends, especially without Habu around to bother so much, and he had no worries about moving out of his mother's den- he was only half living there now, anyway. He moved around so much he was pretty sure he was phased out enough that he could just not show up and she wouldn't be terribly worried (so long as he dropped by occasionally, which he did! Without Kiwi and with Habu's defection.. she was the best lion left).

He started when suddenly Ghali seemed to appear, and then smiled a bit. He would do his best to make a better impression this time- and he would start with an apology, however faked. Picking up the pace, he stopped not too far from Ghali.

"Excuse me!" he called.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:25 pm
Her ear twitched subtly on top of her head when she heard someone call out to her. She knew that she was the source of someone else's attention because, quite frankly, there was no one around for a good mile or so. Ghali's eyes swept the horizon, and after confirming that it was indeed she who was being addressed, she turned her head to look down at Riko. The look she gave him seethed with nobility and superiority, even though she was not of noble birth and certainly not superior to him. It was a look similar to the one she had given Riko before, but now that she wasn't exhausted it was more intense... and dramatically prettier. The look never quite worked when she was weighed down by exhaustion. For a little bit she just observed him, because something was tickling in the back of her mind... and she couldn't get the nagging sensation to leave her be. She knew this lion... from where she could not remember. It was a distant memory, but she knew him.

She also knew that he had irritated the hell out of her at some point. The nagging sensation in the back of her mind was not a positive one.

"Hello," she said to the other with an amazing amount of patience. On most occassions she'd just pack up and leave if she knew the other had caused her to lose some brain cells out of irritation. But, seeing as she could not remember him well enough... she would give him a chance. If the conversation did not last two seconds without her getting irritated, she'd just kick dirt in his face and walk off (while pretending to know entirely who he was, though she really did not have a clue - Ghali had been really tired that morning).

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:40 pm
Riko was expecting a similar attitude to their meeting before, perhaps even a magnified one where they'd gotten off on the wrong foot. He was prepared enough that his main attention did go right to how much more attractive she looked now that she was not tired. He was also pleased to here her greet him with some manner of kindness, at least it was not yelling 'go away'. Not a bad start at all. He did his best to look apologetic but still somewhat friendly- a look he had mostly perfected in his youth while trying to avoid blame for doing something he shouldn't.

"I was hoping I'd find you," he said, "I wanted to apologize for the bad start we got off to before, I'm not usually so rude! I'm Mafuriko, perhaps we could try again.." Riko paused here, hoping she might introduce herself this time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:46 pm
Once again she sat in silence, obsering Riko and weighing his apology. It sounded sincere enough, a because she did not know the specifics of how angry he had gotten her and what he had said to her... she figured the apology would suffice for now. She knew the other had to have done something incredibly stupid, though, to make such an imprint on her memory (if he had just said 'hello' to her she would not have remembered him at all). Of course, being remembered for something bad wasn't exactly a good thing. But, perhaps he considered it better than not being remembered at all. The fact that he had also specifically looked for her also weighed in his favor. He had apologized, but that did not mean that she was going to be nice to him. She was rarely perfectly nice to anyone. Ghali would definitely be civil with him, at least until he deserved her nastiness.

"Ghali'Malkia." Ghali wasn't going to offer him the opportunity to call her by her nickname 'Ghali'. He hadn't deserved it yet, and the only way he'd be able to call her such would be if he asked (and even then it wasn't certain that she would let him). For now he'd call her by her full name until he gained her trust, a trust that could be long in coming. "It's all right, I suppose, so long as you don't repeat the offense." She was really only letting him off of the hook because she couldn't remember what he had done exactly in the first place, and it frustrated her greatly.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:54 pm
"Ghali'malkia," he repeated, making note and being sure to smile and nod at it. That wasn't so hard, but he wasn't going to wonder why. Introductions were not a bad fresh start, and her vagueness made him wonder but again, he wasn't going to mess with a good thing. He wasn't sure he could pull off a joke about her not remembering it well, especially where he'd already been faced with her in a bad mood. It would be a stupid move to risk that again. Searching for conversation, there was only one thing he could think to say that was harmless enough, though it could be taken differently.

"Do you come here often?" he asked, glancing around at the rocks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:59 pm
"Yes," she replied, being perfectly polite... but also completely unhelpful. It was clear that she still held a great distrust in the young male, especially since she knew that he had harmed in some way previously. Ghali was going to be nice, but she was not going to partake in the work of getting a conversation rolling. He would have to ask her things that did not require a 'yes' or 'no' as an answer. He also would have to do his best not to become maddened by her behavior towards him. It was her own silent little test, to see if he really was sorry for what he had done to her. If he was sorry, he would not rise to the bait and get pissed at her because she wasn't sustaining conversation. But, perhaps in a little bit she would take pity on the young male. For now, though, this was a test, and if he failed she would leave immediately. It would just be another sore spot on his ego, and one that she gladly would place there if he annoyed her and seemed untruthful.

But, taking a little pity on him, she did jump down from the rock that she had been sitting on so that she could be at eye-level with him. Ghali sat down in front of the male, her tail curling around her legs as she leaned back to rest against the rock. The white fluff of her tail swished slightly in the breeze, but otherwise she was still, her face perfectly blank. Riko was going to have to try harder to get so much as two words out of her in a sentence.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:20 pm
Riko noticed that she seemed to make a point of speaking in small sentences, he knew she was capable of speaking much more than that but he would have to find something she was passionate about to get more out of her, it looked like. And hopefully it would not be him being a jerk again this time. Well, a jerk in her point of view. That would be very counter productive. He was pleased when she hopped down to eye level and sat calmly. It was a step in the right direction, her tail curled around her feet instead of smacking him in the face. Definitely an improvement.

"Why do you like it here so much?" he asked sounding as genuinely curious as he could, "I wasn't sure I would find you here, but here you are- again."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:29 pm
She awarded his question with a smile, simply because he had proved himself smart enough to realize that he couldn't ask questions in which she could simply respond with a 'yes' or a 'no'. So, he wasn't stupid, which meant he must've irritated her for some other reason. Being stupid was a great offense, surely, but there were greater ones that she wasn't sure she'd like to eliminate or not. So far his company wasn't unpleasant, but that could change in a matter of minutes. It would not be too difficult on his part to displease her (especially considering he had done it before). "I have habits, and this is one of my many habits, coming here. Which would explain why it was so easy for you to find me once again." There, he had gotten his reward. Ghali had spoken not two words to him, but two full sentences, and by the looks of it there was more to come.

"It's a great vantage point, especially when one is considering finding a den to move in. Besides, it's hot right now, and if you feel the stone it's still cold from the night." She shrugged her shoulders, silently telling him that this topic would get boring eventually and she would enjoy moving on to something else. Of course, she wasn't going to dictate the direction of the conversation. That was his job, because he still apparently had something to make up for.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 pm
Riko was very pleased with her answer as they seemed to be getting into an actual conversation, one considerably more pleasant than the previous one in fact! Her disinterest in the topic was well noted, and he tried to proceed carefully or he knew he could take several steps back very quickly. If Ghali was proving anything, it was that her attitude had not only been because of the time of day before. He had to watch his steps!

"That's a very clever trick," he commented, glancing over at the rocks. Truthfully he had never considered the idea that the rocks would still be cool while the rest of the savanna warmed for the day- it was a clever idea. "You're looking for a den? Out here would be nice and quiet, it doesn't seem to be as busy as the rest of the Pridelands."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:49 pm
"It's an easy enough trick to learn once you've spent some time sitting on a rock. Really, I don't think it's terribly clever. But, it's useful to know such things." Her dark blue eyes stared at the young male, her mouth pulling down into a puzzled frown. Why had she disliked this lion so much that he had made an impact on her memory? She was finding no problem with him now, except that he could be a bit boring. But, she attributed that to the fact that he was being careful not to upset her once again. Of course, she wished he'd take some more risks and liven up the conversation. She was nearly to the point of yawning out of boredom, and if this kept up she'd either dismiss herself from his presence or take the conversation into her own hands and liven it up how she wanted to. But, she would hold out for now and wait for some sort of miracle that would make this more interesting.

"Mhhm, I'm planning on moving out soon, so having some place to go would be nice. I like my peace and quite, a little solitude now and again. If I didn't I'd be making my own home in Pride Rock instead of all the way out here." She couldn't hold in the urge to yawn, and so she did, fixing him with dull eyes. Hopefully he would get the point and somehow make this... interesting for her. Otherwise there was no point for her to stay.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:01 pm
Riko shrugged when she was modest enough to say it was not such a clever trick. In all honesty, he thought it rather was. After all, most of the lions he knew retreated to the shade instead of the rocks. Perhaps both were effective, but this was the lesser known of the two in his mind. He smiled when she said she was moving out, and for lack of anything even remotely interesting to say (and not willing to admit he hadn't fully moved out himself), he decided to bring up conversation about the world outside the Pridelands.

"Ever been out to the roguelands? It's quite quiet out there," he commented with a shrug of his own, thinking back to his little trip and smiling with slightly renewed confidence. He had yet, though, to make the connection between Nerit, Aadil and Ghali, "And it's certainly not too hard to find someone to talk to when you're up for it."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:10 pm
She likely would have been amused by the intelligence that Riko had yet to fully move out of his own home. She expected it of young males to leave their mothers as soon as they hit adolescence, and she did not expect it of females too. Which, it made it a little peculiar that Ghali was desiring to leave so early on. But, she was an independent lioness and her need to get away from her family was great. To hear that Riko was still living with his... well, she would certainly have a laugh or two (at Riko's expense). But, wisely Riko moved onto a different, more interesting subject, one that would hold Ghali's attention for far longer than merely talk about moving out. Ghali had discussed it well enough with her sister, and so her need to talk about it had been driven out of her. She had made up her mind, she was going to move out... so there was no need to continue talking about it.

"No, I haven't. My mom liked to tell me that it wasn't quite safe for young ladies." Of course, she rather didn't believe her mom, but out of loyalty she stayed in the Pridelands, and did not dare venture out of them. "I'm sure that you would meet interesting lions out there... considering that they choose to travel instead of settle down or have been forced to travel. I might be up for a trip out into the roguelands one day, perhaps when I'm older and more confident with myself." It would definitely be an interesting experience, to leave home briefly (never, ever permanently).

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:29 pm
"I'm sure it'd be easier to find a bad lion out there than it is here," he agreed on the idea that her mother had expressed, "The Pridelands is rather friendly, not everyone can be so cheerful and welcoming all the time, eh?" Riko glanced around, he was never terribly social but everyone knew that was the reputation of the Pridelands, even him. Why, the feistiest pride member he'd met was sitting before him now- and even she wasn't all attitude all the time. Or she could pretend she wasn't, just like he could.

"I went for a short trip to the roguelands, learned a little about the world out there," he described part of his trip, leaving out that he'd gone to find his sister figuring a sob story about that kind of thing might only make things worse or reveal his intention now, "I ran into one lioness from a pride that seemed to be moving in, perhaps we'll have more neighbours around here now." He wasn't entirely sure how much Ghali knew about the area surrounding them, but he figured some of the prides around were generally known. The Kusini-something weren't too far away, right?

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff