[PRP] News to share - finished! [/Laini and Muroki] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:06 pm
(Logging an AIM RP ^^ )

Muroki came back from meeting Kainda's newborn puppies elated - almost like a new father himself, though he wouldn't take that role in their lives. But his bonded was a mother and had two beautiful daughters and he was happy. For a moment the vultures and his plans to put them back in their place were both forgotton and also so very important. He was so happy he could almost dismiss them. But at the same time, more youngsters had been brought into a home that had an unnatural threat lurking in it.

He wandered back to the oasis musing on this, wondering who he'd find first to tell the news to. Would he spot his gorgeous Johari first? Pale Safiya, Moyenda not far from her side? Or dear Laini, likely with the new hunter Matifu nearby.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 pm
Laini really didn't bother to go find anyone anymore. She felt contented and happy. Pieces of her life that felt empty or disjointed were beginning to feel whole. She no longer felt listless and without a purpose. And she no longer looked at happier people in jealousy.

But Muroki, despite his sandy coat was still easily spotted, his form easily familiar to his dear adopted sister Laini. She smiled at him in the distance and called out to him so that he might change his course and come over. They were not strangers and she didn't feel like neglecting to greet someone for any reason at all. Yes she still had things to be sad about and things that plagued her. Concerns about others and their lives. Concerns about young ones whose lives were diminished with the overbearing prescense of foul vulutures. She did worry about them. But she was coming to embrace the philosophy that there was always something to smile about.

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:16 pm
"Sister dear." His voice rumbled with the deep in-the-throat-growl that was a lions purr. Muroki slid elegantly down a dune, controlled, to reach her. Laini was greeted with affection, as always, even though they usually saw each other every day about the pride. She'd become like a sibling to him. Beloved, cherished, and a pain in the butt when they argued - but that's what siblings are for, no?

"Great news. Kainda /did/ loose one puppy, as the death priests said, but her two living daughters are a joy. One very like our Kainda, and the other a softer colour." Muroki smiled, pleased to have happy tidings.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:30 pm
Indeed the fighting and squabbling was just a part of the attention they gave each other but even a little bit of fighting could be healthy. Aggression internalized was only dangerous. Bickering helped release some of that. And of course, Laini was almost always quick to fight for her point. She was passionate like that. She smiled and nodded at the news. Kainda had become a great friend to Muroki other than becoming his bonded. She was also the reason the Dawnwalkers existed again. "It is great to know that even in times of trouble, life is not halted," she commented, beaming at him. She still knew what he did not. But she knew that Johari was forced to wait because of this conflict. No female wanted to prevent a war that NEEDed to happen. At least not the considerate, relatively unselfish ones. And to Laini, Johari was the most selfish of all.  

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:41 pm
"They won't be times of trouble for long. Matifu's going to recruit others to help our cause...and tomorrow morning is the first day of the first season of Akhet. Tomorrow I go to the Temple to the shrine and no bird will stop me. I can scout out their weaknesses." Muroki said casually, but with his gaze becoming steely, brought back to earth from his high about their two newest Clan members and dropping a bomb. Laini was the first to be told that news too. He'd talked to Kainda about more than just her puppies. The steady fury in his eyes wasn't for her. She'd know that.

"We need to get rid of the birds before any more life blossoms in the desert."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:55 pm
She nodded, trying to keep her thoughts from wandering to the other night. "Yes, he told me," she said almost blandly, trying to shield her emotions. "If they have no knowledge of our rankings, take someone with you. They can pretend to be a person of holy personage. Two is safer than one." She really did worry about him. Especially since he had been attacked before. There was no reason why they wouldn't look upon his renewed health in distaste and decide to act on it. She didn't want him reinjured or killed. Someone needed to be there to protect him even if it couldn't be her. Having found a cub almost killed by a vulture between the dead roots of a tree, she knew just how important it was that they be gone and just how dangerous they were.  

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:02 pm
"They attacked me because they know my rank - their ambush and poison was an attempt at assasinating me." Muroki explained. He knew they knew and oddly had something of a relationship with some of their ghastly flock. A bad one of hatred and a lust to destroy each other, but still a relationship.

"Been followed by three vultures half my life so they know who I am. Two now. You killed their prince Adil last time we stood guard." He grinned. "Was very impressed. Matifu too I think."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:08 pm
She laughed at his compliment. She back been angry enough so sure one had died by her hands. She be darned if one didn't. That the scum managed to hold a title only made it sweeter.

"I still dislike the idea of you doing it on your own," she repeated. Even if he wasn't king she wouldn't want him to do such a thing. Him healing was a miracle, that they had discovered amongst their midst someone who had the arts. She admitted she had thought it almost hopeless that he would have gotten better. But she also never thought that she'd get what she wanted most. But that was all falling into pieces before her. So what could she really say? Still, didn't mean she was about to taking chances. There was nothing that said one could still be lucky a second time.

"You almost made me forget, you scoundrel~!" she teased. "I have a kill just over yonder. Come. Have some with me."

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:14 pm
"I'd like to join you." He smiled again. His moods didn't swing without provocation but he did feel intensely, Muroki. He gestured for her to lead the way and he'd follow her. "After you my dear."

Maybe he should take someone with him. But no one else was king. Which meant no one else held a spark of the holy fire of Jua in their heart. Dawnwalker kings were god-kings. Muroki thought it odd to think of himself as such (from no one to noble to lord to prince to king...) but on such a holy day it'd be his protection.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:19 pm
She noticed he almost purposely didn't answer her question and her eyes narrowed slightly, suspiciously. He better not be up to something dangerous. She had half the piece of mind to act like his mother and lecture him but she resisted ...barely.

Almost bitterly, she led him back to the meal, an Oryx. The stupid antelope cousins undereestimated lions when it came to the sand. Sure, their feet were better equipped for moving on it but her intelligence was much higher than theirs. She had, admittedly, done a number to it but there was still enough for Muroki to eat his fill and Laini still nibble on some politely. "Now if vultures had the intelligence level of a preybeast, things would be so much easier."

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:30 pm
"Unfortunely for us, they're as intelligent as any other avian." He chuckled and it was bitterly. Oh now that would be easy. In the old days the preybeasts had been in the Temple. He doubted any went there now to drink at the lake like they would any other waterhole, never been any real trouble, unlike the winged pests. Only the preybeasts by the Chione and the Oasis used to be hunted. It'd been a nice sight and a sight of plenty to see them at the Temple.

He lay down and made ready to eat, and make conversation while he did so. Though his hostess looked less that happy at his second bit of news...how to cheer her up? "So how are you, Laini? You've seemed happier lately, hunting with Matifu and everything."

Another hint. Mahaha.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:37 pm
Yes, unfortunately. So they appeared to be. For every vulture who they killed or seemed to die, another five seemed to appear to replace it. A deadly swarm they couldn't fight alone. Matifu had been right to go off to find those who would come to their aid.

How had she been? Well she had been great. Oh well that was great. He threw the Matifu wrench in her response. Meaning he had some sort of idea and that was what he wanted her to say. Well she could always choose not to give him the satifaction of such an answer. Just how he had slided around giving her the answer she so desired. So what would it be? What he wanted to hear or what she chose to tell him? "Well Matifu just has a way with making people smile," she offered.

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:43 pm
Grin.

"That he does." Muroki pinned the kill down with his claws on so it wouldn't move and ripped a mouthful away to eat, as 'delicately' as one could. He chewed thoughtful on his meat, golden eyes closed, thoughtful. Then he opened his eyes to study the teal female again, talking again before he started to get another mouthful.

"Especialy talented in your area though. Not seen you smile as much since that time you tagged me and I somehow tripped over my own paws and rolled into that bush." See? How was he a god-king when he wen rolling into bushes? Bizarre.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:37 pm

"Maybe you just haven't been paying that much attention to me." Laini grinned almost mischieviously. It was true she had spent an AWEFUL lot of time with Matifu but she hadn't realized that others had taken care to take note.

"But he does quite liven one's mood. He's very sweet and compassionate. Definitely related to Johari." She laughed lightly. Just how well was he seeing through her? How much did he know? Matifu had talked to Muroki about getting other lions to help fight but he hadn't talked to him about.... other things had he? She wouldn't put it past Matifu to be a complete gentleman and even ask Muroki's permission. She narrowed her gaze, trying to read his face for any sort of clue.

Successful Edit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:44 pm
"We owe the Unity Walkers much, you and I." He chuckled, agreeing.

"And dear sister, it'd be incest if I paid closer attention to you." Cubbishly he pulled a face at her. Eew! Never mind that it actually wouldn't be incest for there was no actual bloodties between them. But in his heart she was now his sister and spiritually it'd be incest all right. So very very wrong.  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff