Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Alter Bells?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ru Aear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am
What are they used for? Whats the significance of having one? I DO have one set on my alter, but whats it used for?! gonk I dont know.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:07 am
They're used in ritual as a signal, a symbolic sound. It signals the ritual beginning or ending, for example, or the change from one part of a ritual to another.  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:05 am
Bells can also be used to symbolize either the Element of Air, because they make sound through the vibration of the air around them, or the Element of Water, because a bell is similar to a chalice in shape - and a chalice represents the womb of the Goddess. I'd use them for Air, personally, but either I think is theoretically sound.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:08 am
The bell can also be used in calling deities.  

Tari_Leralonde

Starlock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:02 pm
Bells are also sometimes used to signify the beginning and end of meditation. I prefer singing bowls to conventional bells for meditation as they're much more harmonic though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:22 pm
Bells can also be used in cleansing/purifying - certain sounds and vibrations help to clear out negative energy.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 pm
I wish i had some bells! The sound would be so nice ^-^ Seeing as a lot of my spells i do are cleansing and protection. *dream* heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:34 pm
User Image

I hope to get a bell eventually, but for now the only instruments I have in my possession are an ocarina, an egg shaker, a wooden flute, and my friend has a drum.

User Image

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:15 pm
oh i'd kill for a drum. I love drums so much, i have such a connection... x.x now to acquire a somewhat cheap one without my parent's knowledge >> wow do i need to move XD  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:54 am
I found a drum at Trade Aid once, loved it, but it cost $80 and I just can't afford that sort of money. I've wanted a drum for ages **sigh**  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ru Aear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:22 am
ok thanks! i was just wondering. biggrin so then how would one use it? i mean obviously, ring it. but.. i dont know. im confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 pm
If you're ever chanting, dancing, that sort of thing, you can ring it rhythmically to help aid in the energy, etc. 3nodding I have a very high pitched bell that I just love, the pitch is just purifying to me. ^_^  

Choir-Angel

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm
They can be used for rituals as well (if someone hasn't already said it). Though I did notice that Raymond Buckland uses the bell alot in the rituals he puts/writes in the books he's published. I myself don't really like ringing the bell every time I call an element or every diety but it's my opinion. That doesn't mean though that I won't use it. I just don't see a need for it every single time I need to do something.

Using...hmmm well I guess one would ring it but do more then acutally ring it. How should I put this....if say when you ring it think of what ever your ringing it for with all your heart (basically with desire) it might work. Unless your calling a diety then politly ask them to aid/guide/join you in whatever your doing.

Blessed Be

~Buwie  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:16 am
Personally, If i'm going to be using a bell alot I buy a small bell and ty it onto my wrist, so everytime it needs ringing you only have to move.  

EdanaDesmond

Funa Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:37 am
I read something in a druidry book about tying bells onto wand-sized branches, and using them as purification tools or calling deities. Seems worth a try.

I have tiny finger bongos that go on my altar, they're fairly good with raising little bits of energy that I need. 3nodding  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff