Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:53 pm
I was having a conversation with Jezi and the topic came up, so i decided to explain.

#4 was around 745 (See: The Ribos Operation) so with 6 lives between him and 10, plus the time war probably lasted over a hundred years, So it's not logical for him to bee in his 900's.
I don't know alot about the Doctor, but I know that!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:08 pm
I'll have to double check my Six episodes, but I'm fairly sure there's an episode in which he claims to have "900 years experience".

But I know for certain that the Seventh Doctor claims that he's the same age as the Rani, 953, which happens to be the number lock on the door, in Time and the Rani.

And I think I remember the Ninth Doctor mentioning the Time War lasting a few hundred years. Hmm... I'll have to double check that, too.

Oh, plus there's the diary that pops up every now and then. I believe that it's named the "900 Year Diary" in the movie, but I don't remember if you can see it onscreen or if it's just in the behind-the-scenes.  

MurphysLuck
Vice Captain

The Chronarch

Anxious Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:51 am
I must disagree. The Ninth doctor mentioned "In 900 years of time and space, I've never been slapped by someone's mother". And I believe I once saw the Second with a 500 year diary.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 am
the tenth doctor said that he was 903 years old  

killdude007

Tenth_Doctor_Who

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm
YES, The Good Doctor is, in fact, 900+. His regenerations anull the outward effects.

When a Time Lord grows old (a kid is like up to 100-200 yrs. old, unlike our 21), they age slowly, almost nonexistently, for hundreds of years. Every time a Time Lord rejuvinates, or changes, or whatever word you want to use, regenerates, he loses so much life force effecively making his (conglomerate) age increase rapidly like 50 years. This has been stated on the Fifth's regeneration into the Sixth on Wikipedia. He says he is... I think he says... 780, and after his regeneration, he says he is 803 or something. Look it up

PS Every regeneration has like 80-100 years of life, every regeneration will take the rest of the the force anyways, so here's some math:
(80 to 100)X(# of Regenerations)
Tenth Doctor:
90X10=900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 pm
-raises hand- Oooh! I know this one!
The Doctor had already said, in the guise of Mr.McCoy, that he was 950+ years old.
But, thanks to RTD, we have the Time War (the eternal gift to fanfiction writers). You can assume that maybe the Doctor was stuck in a time loop which made fifty years of his life magically reappear, or something of the sort.
Or, it's a silly error on RTD's part (because he has effectively butchered the canon before). Won't stop us from milking it shamelessly, though.

Also, the Ninth says that he's been traveling in time and space for 900 years, but he didn't start traveling the moment he was begotten. I think it's been calculated that he was in his hundreds or two hundreds when he ran away with Susan.

But Tenant's "903 years" is, in fact, a load of rubbish. I like to pretend I didn't hear him say it.  

Strange Lil Girl

Ceribri
Crew

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:22 pm
Ever think that perhaps he's lying about his age? mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm
That makes sense to me, that he could be lying about his age.  

faerie_ophelia

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:49 pm
The Doctor is a LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR! I watched a Colin episode toady! He himself said he was 900! Plues It's late, i'm hyper and i was yelling at David on my telly.
Also Sarah Jane has Sonic Lipstick.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:48 pm
in the doctor dances..the 9th doctor even said he was 900 years old.  

xXspanner_dogXx

2,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

Romana II
Crew

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:43 am
He's like.. 957 or 945, I forget which.. but I think he's 957, grand total.

And @ Tenth_Doctor_Who: What the hell kind of figure is that?! He changes his body, he doesn't age! If anything, he gets younger and older on the outside, not his real age! It's not like his mind travels in time while his body regenerates! Besides, the NINTH Doctor said he was 900, not just the Tenth, so that math is wrong beyond comprehension.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:20 am
And now for my tidbid of info on the Doctors age smile

It's still imprinted in my mind, in the Colin Baker's final TV story, "The Ultimate Foe" he says he is 900 years old, where Mel asks him how he does it after all the excersing she put him through, lol.

I can see them easily fixing it by eventually having the Doctor say his contradictal age in the new series again, then following by saying, give or take 100 or 200 years. Maybe he doesn't like to think himself past 1000 years of age. mrgreen  

Coalchar

xXspanner_dogXx

2,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 pm
the tenth doctor said he was "903 years old"
in voyage of the damned 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:22 pm
He lied. XD or he's gone senile at last!  

Romana II
Crew

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

xXspanner_dogXx

2,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm
Rose_Tyler713
He lied. XD or he's gone senile at last!

well i guess he don't like being put over 1000 xDD  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces