Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Calling or being called? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am
I was curious, if people wouldn't mind sharing of course, how you were called or came to follow your diety or dieties? Did you approach her first, and ask to follow, or did it work the other way around?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 am
I actually wasn't called at all, in the usual sense of the word. I had been reading about Asatru and Nordic Paganism during my "Wiccan" days, and after a while, I began to notice that I was sharing many similar morals and beliefs to the ones in Asatru. It took a few months later to figure out that I was Asatru, and I have been ever since. I haven't had any experiences with my Gods or Goddesses (except maybe Freyja) as of yet, but I do chalk most of that to the fact I do not actively practice, as I'm still under my parent's roof.  

PhantomPhoenix0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 am
I was named for them actually. And it was a matter of family tradition.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:11 am
I just asked something along the lines of 'is there anyone that wants to make contact'(but not so uh...seance-y xD).

They did. I had signs shoved down my throat xd
I ignored it for a long long time, because at the same time I was being pulled to a whole new path.
Literally only a month ago or so I gave in. I had the air of a rebelling teenager who finally realised their parents were right and returned into their awaiting arms.

I'm glad I did, I'm happy now smile  

patch99329

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:08 pm
I went on a search through the pantheons. And while doing research, I got a dream from Apollo.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Nuri
I went on a search through the pantheons. And while doing research, I got a dream from Apollo.
Oh! Would you be willing to tell me the dream?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Nuri

The part that I can still recall is an archer with golden arrows.

and then in real life, I was being followed by crows.

I added it up, then did more research. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:28 pm
Nuri
TeaDidikai
Nuri

The part that I can still recall is an archer with golden arrows.

and then in real life, I was being followed by crows.

I added it up, then did more research. smile

Neat. Research is love too!  

TeaDidikai

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:13 pm
I had a vision during a meditation from Artemis.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:03 pm
While I have been poked by what might very well have been Loki, I haven't been called, no.

I said that if Loki wanted me to follow him, he could damn well tell me so himself. So then I felt something grab my shoulders and hold me in place.

But nothing was said. So if it was him, I think he was just messing with me, heh.

He did show up again later to hit me on my bum once, though.

Well, if/then, anyway. I don't have proof that it wasn't just my imagination, and I don't have proof that if it wasn't my just my imagination, that it was, indeed, Loki.

Besides that, I'm also interested in Asatru in general, a couple of other gods specifically and my concept of the universe as I'm forming it, but I don't feel right calling on any god (or goddess) right now. I need to do some cleaning up first.  

Maze

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:24 pm
I had a recurring dream since I was little. I added up all the symbolism and did my research. It was kind of a smack in the face, after I figured it out.

I think that puts me in the called category?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:30 am
Back in 1986 I was introduced to the runes of the Elder Futhark by a former girlfriend, who gave me The Book of Runes by Ralph Blum. Upon reading that Blum had made up most of his interpretations for the Runes, I read books by other authors and rediscovered the joy and wonder of the Norse myths.
While reading the epic poems of the Poetic Edda, I experienced a sense of spiritual fulfillment that had previously been lacking in my life and decided to convert to Asatru; a few years later, I began on a series of meditations on the runes of the Elder Futhark as outlined in The Nine Doors of Midgard by Edred Thorsson, and experienced a series of visions which convinced me that Odin and Freyja wanted me to become a godhi. This religious conviction was confirmed in subsequent visions, and in 1994 I was ordained as a priest of my faith. The Gods and Goddesses indeed speak to us--we only have to listen!

Wounded I hung on a wind-swept gallows
For nine long nights,
Pierced by a spear, pledged to Odhinn,
Offered, myself to myself
The wisest know not from whence spring
The roots of that ancient rood

They gave me no bread,
They gave me no mead,
I looked down;
with a loud cry
I took up runes;
from that tree I fell.
Havamal, stanzas 138-139.

godhi

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 am
It just got to a stage were it was too hard to ignore the crows following me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:06 am
Maze
While I have been poked by what might very well have been Loki, I haven't been called, no.

I said that if Loki wanted me to follow him, he could damn well tell me so himself. So then I felt something grab my shoulders and hold me in place.

But nothing was said. So if it was him, I think he was just messing with me, heh.

He did show up again later to hit me on my bum once, though.

Well, if/then, anyway. I don't have proof that it wasn't just my imagination, and I don't have proof that if it wasn't my just my imagination, that it was, indeed, Loki.

Just a thought. If stuff KEEPS happening. Perhaps you should take it as something.

Poseidon threw things at me every single time I asked, but every time I just decided I was reading too much into things xd  

patch99329

Gideon Starorzewski

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:33 am
Something's called me, but it refuses to show itself, and I won't be paying it tribute until I know just what it is.

In the meantime, while I was doing vaguely related research I drifted onto the wiki page for Aphrodite while I was in a difficult stage of a relationship with a woman who really reflects a lot of what I'd perceive Aphrodite's mannerisms and attitude would be. So I reached out to the goddess herself for help. She gave me a good metaphysical slap and tore the blinders off me, gave me just what I needed. I reached out to her, but I get the suspicion that she's been whispering in my ear for a while.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff