Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:10 pm
Yop.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:21 pm
Oh, hear that?

That's the sound of guild activity screeching to a halt. XD

But actually things have picked up just a bit in the past couple of days. I've personally been rather busy with IRL affairs (mostly procrastinating with college) and haven't had any conlang-related free time lately. That, and my brain's language bits are mostly occupied by Wo de Zhongwenxue. (My Chinese-language studies :b )  

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 pm
知道了,可是我还希望这个guild不死了。  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:15 pm
I only recognize like half of those characters. eek

Does that last half say "this guild not dead!" ?  

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:36 pm
I said, "I know, but I still hope that the guild isn't dead."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 am
Woot! I'm surprised I could even get that much out of it. surprised

Vajra B. Hairava
知道了,可是我还希望这个guild不死了。

Let's see. (Assuming this is Mandarin)

(?) (?) le, keshi wo (?) (?) (?) zhe ge guild bu (?) le.

Pinyin, minus tone marks because I'm lazy and I can never remember the "number" of the tones. Those are the characters I know from my class. The (?) ones I simply don't know the pinyin for. I recognize the second to last one, though, and I know it means death/to die. My one big gripe with Chinese so far, is that it's REALLY hard to look up a character you don't know. You can't really make a helpful guess like you can with alphabetical languages.

I've impressed myself, though. cool And no, the guild isn't gonna die. We're still getting new members at least once a week, and new posts at least 5 days out of the week.  

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:53 pm
还 - hai2 - still
希望 - xi1 wang4 - hope
知道 - zhi1 dao4 - know
死 - si3 - you know...

xp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 am
I see only Boxes and Question Marks!!! crying

And you're right, it has slowed down. =(  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Elec Darkholm

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 am
yea.. I joined recently hoping for some advice and criticism but not a single thing besides what I posted was done >>  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:28 pm
Well that's rather annoying, now, isn't it? =(

What did you want constructive criticism on? (By the way, I'm actually here a lot, I just mainly stay in my own conlang section or I hover around certain topics I've posted in.)  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:07 pm
I lives again biggrin Hi. Not dead I am, and hopefully guild comes back to life some?

I keep popping by to let people in who are requesting. Hopefully, that's been helping.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:50 pm
Forgedawn
I lives again biggrin Hi. Not dead I am, and hopefully guild comes back to life some?

I keep popping by to let people in who are requesting. Hopefully, that's been helping.

Yay! Where've you been, anyway? Are you hanging IRL too much again? Shame!  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

TheFrogDaysAreOver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:43 pm
Homurakitsune
Yay! Where've you been, anyway? Are you hanging IRL too much again? Shame!

LOL rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:10 pm
lol indeed. Life hasn't really taken.. okay, I lie. I spend a great deal more time in that IRL universe. But that's more because I'm not online than not being online because... it's late and words are beginning to fail me.

Long story short, I exist, but I'm finally getting into some real work for my major + 2 languages (neither of which I'm required to take, consider that I'm an engineering major... *eyeroll*), and next semester I'm going to be even busier.

I plan to hang out and read (which I do sometimes even when I don't post much) when I can, but don't expect much besides teh occasional "Um, what!?" or "...This thread needs to die."

Speaking of which, I really need to put up a sticky about noobs starting threads. There's an intro thread and a "how to start" thread (sort of, maybe we should label it that?)... I saw at least two threads on the lines of "Hi, I'm new, how do I make a language?"

sweatdrop

Sigh, I've become even more of a spaz. *shifts alignment two points toward lawful*
Oh dear, I've become True Neutral.  

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:49 am
Forgedawn
lol indeed. Life hasn't really taken.. okay, I lie. I spend a great deal more time in that IRL universe. But that's more because I'm not online than not being online because... it's late and words are beginning to fail me.

Long story short, I exist, but I'm finally getting into some real work for my major + 2 languages (neither of which I'm required to take, consider that I'm an engineering major... *eyeroll*), and next semester I'm going to be even busier.

I plan to hang out and read (which I do sometimes even when I don't post much) when I can, but don't expect much besides teh occasional "Um, what!?" or "...This thread needs to die."

Speaking of which, I really need to put up a sticky about noobs starting threads. There's an intro thread and a "how to start" thread (sort of, maybe we should label it that?)... I saw at least two threads on the lines of "Hi, I'm new, how do I make a language?"

sweatdrop

Sigh, I've become even more of a spaz. *shifts alignment two points toward lawful*
Oh dear, I've become True Neutral.

Oh, I see. xP
Oh well. Good luck in your studies! ^_^
(That reminds me! I'll be a College Freshman next year! HOLY CRAP! 0.0)  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff