Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Halloween (sp?), Is it bad? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:23 pm
Me and a few people are running a haunted house in one of her house, and we are planning on making it soo scary and practial demonic...

Is this bad?

Is halloween truly SATAN's day?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:20 pm
I don't think so. Halloween in Mexico, on November 2nd, is known as Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. It's more like a celebration for those that are in the after-life. As far as I know, they don't worship devils. Some people here in the U.S. probably consider it to be a 'Satanic' religious holiday, but I have no clue. I heard that Ozzy Osbourne burns a Holy Bible every year on Halloween, so I'm assuming it is. lol mrgreen  

Mjolnir The Hammer

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:18 pm
halloween was once a holy holiday. People would put out food and such, to ward off bad spirits. well some moron teenager decided to dress up like a bad spirit, and take the food left out. and now we have the halloween we have... i think that's how it happened... o_O. too lazy to look it up >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:35 pm
Lie down with dogs and you'll probably rise with flees...

Halloween has always been an interesting topic...as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with dressing up and going from door to door...however, decorating with skeletons and dressing up as a witch (etc. etc.)...isn't that like surrounding yourself with death? Even if it's only a representation, it is symbolic in nature...

Jesus is Life...so, doesn't it seem hypocritical of us to proclaim Him as our Lord and Saviour, that through Him we have eternal Life, and surround ourselves with symbols/representations of death?  

Nekkid Glomper

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:22 am
dirtdevilgrunt13
Me and a few people are running a haunted house in one of her house, and we are planning on making it soo scary and practial demonic...

Is this bad?

bad is only what you say it is

and to whoever told you that halloween is satan's day
-2 intel mod
mainly for having an IQ resembling that of a wedge of cheese  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:30 pm
The best I could say would probably be along the lines of what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 6:12... we've pretty much all heard it.

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

I think its not one of those things where you have to be all legalistic about it. You're not taking Halloween as an opportunity to worship Satan or anything so there's that to think about. You're not being enslaved by legalism and law in the sense that you don't have to deny yourself Halloween candy and hide in your room all night praying, but I know you get that.

I do agree with some of what's being said though about not promoting certain things which aren't necissarily of God, especially if one of your intents is to make things seem as scary and demonic as possible. I know you can use your judgment on that one beings as you've had some pretty powerful spiritual run-ins. We aren't to fear demonic activity but we aren't supposed to really toy with it either, ya know?

Let's face it...God will help you figure out how to deal with the whole thing and I'm sure it will be just fine!  

Dcaff

Dcaff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:31 pm
lordstar
dirtdevilgrunt13

Is this bad?

-2 intel mod

"mainly for having an IQ resembling that of a wedge of cheese"...FUNNY! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:37 am
Dcaff
lordstar
dirtdevilgrunt13

Is this bad?

-2 intel mod

"mainly for having an IQ resembling that of a wedge of cheese"...FUNNY! rofl

I thought you might get a kick out of it  

lordstar

XxPixidustPockyxX

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 am
Nov. 1 was all Saint's Day, in which saints would roam the Earth. Because Evil Spirits knew they couldnt do anything then, they would come down the day before-All Hallow's Day- or Halloween as we know it and cause mischeif. I don't think it's a "bad' holiday, as long as it's in good fun (giving out candy and dressing up as nothing with a evil persona). if you dress up as a demon or satan, it would be bad (the idea irritates me to no end scream )  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:52 pm
actually halloween was a holy day. but its been degraded to what it is today. kinda sad if you think about it.  

Typhoeus

Nekkid Glomper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:17 pm
lordstar
dirtdevilgrunt13

Is this bad?

-2 intel mod

So, stealing/murder/etc...is only bad/a sin if I decide to call it/them one???

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 pm
maplestoryjunky
I don't think so. Halloween in Mexico, on November 2nd, is known as Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. It's more like a celebration for those that are in the after-life. As far as I know, they don't worship devils.

stressed
no.
just...
no.
Dio de los Muertos has nothing to do with halloween.

not even the same freaking day.

Quote:
I heard that Ozzy Osbourne burns a Holy Bible every year on Halloween, so I'm assuming it is. lol mrgreen

I'd bet money that that's not true, but, even if it is, why the deuce do we care what ozzy osbourne does?  

ioioouiouiouio

Faith Fairy

Crew

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:32 pm
Halloween can be innocent fun or it can get out of hand, much like many other activities. You have to draw the line for yourself based on what the Holy Spirit lays on your heart AND what those around you get out of it. If you're surrounded by people tempted by demonic costumes to demonic behavior, don't dress in one.

That said, I truly believe God likes us to have fun, so enjoy yourself while enjoying God's blessings!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:34 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor

I'd bet money that that's not true, but, even if it is, why the deuce do we care what ozzy osbourne does?

WTDDWCWOOD? hmm, It probably won't catch on like WWJD did, but it would be worth a try.

As for how acceptable Halloween is for Christians, my opinion is that we must be careful what we associate ourselves with when we choose costumes and what activities that we participate with.

In some ways, Halloween is just an excuse to dress up like someone else (but not enough of an excuse for me to have a set of Jedi robes and not be called a nerd stare ) and have fun. But there are people who may attempt evil that night, whether it is destructive pranks or messing around with demonic powers. I am not saying that a haunted house is wrong, but are there things involved with in that which you should not be associated with? Is it right to be associated with these demonic images and be a representative of Christ?

Just think about it. I am not saying your plans are right or wrong, but trying to help you get another perspective on your dilemma.  

Seraph68

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:26 am
OurHeroXero
lordstar
dirtdevilgrunt13

Is this bad?

-2 intel mod

So, stealing/murder/etc...is only bad/a sin if I decide to call it/them one???

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way...

yes, yes it does
that doen't mean that you won't fry for murder if you think it wan't wrong
because culture in community that dictates social morality

on the flip side
something isn't nesesarly wrong if your being punished for it

think about social reform
people were arested for speaking their mind
was it wrong to speak out aginced precived injustice

women were savagly beaten durring the sufferage movement (by people swarn to love and protect no less!)

think of all the horrible things that happen durring war (it gets bad...like removing womens breasts to terrorize and demoralize populations)
or soldiers loose themselfs in the chaos (use your imagination)

long time ago the reason for not eating shellfish was health and safty
ie people were getting sick
how does a government stop people from getting sick (and not being able to work)
not allow people to eat the stuff that makes them sick..duh

there are a number of things that the bible says that if we do we need to go wash (and wash well) in the river
think about why those words are there
not too hard to figure out
being unclean leads to...disease...and it can spread (no kiding right)
i think ya'll can figure where this is going

heres a good one
workers on strike are shot or beaten
its happend many times
even in my home state of California

it all has to do with context
and the letter of the law is blind to things like context

so what did we learn today
context context context.........ya get the idea or do I need to say it again  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items