Don't Cats Eat Birds? [PRP] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:22 pm
User Image

Niday walked through loka nei forest, golden eyes sharply keeping a look out. Yet again, her sister had disapeared, doing gaurdians knows what. Leaving her to try and find her before tartara forced the babysitting of erylia and zana on her. A repressed sigh and she stopped by a small river, if it could be called that. With a good running start she could jump over it. The female kneeled down to splash her face, the days sun beating down on her. She was more of a night creature and this was getting real dull...real fast  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 pm
User Image

A short distance downstream, a dark demon with light markings slid gracefully into the water. He snarled softly at the sudden cold, but quickly set about splashing the chilling liquid over his form before moving back to the shore. He wasn't a fan of the water, particularly, but even after the faes' skillful care, he was concerned about keeping his wounds clean until he healed completely. Couldn't be too careful with his lifestyle.

Sitting on the bank, he reached to scoop a bit of water to drink from the flowing current. Before he took a drink, however, he froze, sniffing the water carefully. Slitted eyes narrowing, he glanced upstream and tested the air the same way. Some creature was about...it smelled...avian, like a bird of some kind. Normally, he should have been able to identify it without trouble, but something in this one's scent was...off.

Curious, he climbed the bank and crept into the foliage on all-fours. If it was a bird, perhaps he could take an early dinner today. Kane grinned at the possibility, moving silently through bushes and behind trees as he made his way upriver, eyes scanning the bank slowly. His tail twitched with the eager energy of the hunt, eyes shining with the possibility of an easy meal.

No such luck. Some crazy Pae'il was out there splashing around. She'd probably scared the bird off by now. Kane was disappointed and it showed in the way his tail and wings drooped suddenly. The smell was still lingering here too, as if taunting him. Wait...that wasn't a lingering scent. It wasn't fading as it should be...

Eying the female Pae oddly, he could have sworn that the scent was coming from her...but that was silly, wasn't it?

Then again...Kika had an interesting sort of canine/Pae'il scent that was all her own...

He was so busy pondering the nature of this mystery that he didn't realize he was making so much noise in shoving the leaves aside for a better look.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 pm
She smoothly stood, her soft white twisted bangs brushing against her at the movement. The other hand reached up to wipe at her glistening face, drying it off-wait. She tensed slightly, golden eyes closing. She could almost sense it...someone...something...The fae opened her eyes again. She was in the middle of the woods, of course there were things watching her. Then again, most creatures were wise enough not to simply yank the branches to the side, causing quite the racket! Her gaze shifted over her shoulder at the trees behind her, catching a flash of silver and blue. Raken? No...no...but it was similar. She didn't walk away, but she didn't walk towards it, keeping her gaze where the creature was so it knew she saw...whatever it was, and came out.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 am
Whatever the case may be, other Pae'il weren't food and Kane wasn't likely to get any hunting done with this femme around. He wouldn't be caught lurking in the bushes like some kind of stalker...well, not that kind at least. He was a proud hunter, darn it all.

As the feral feline stood and rounded the tree, coming into plain sight, he took note that the femme was one of those...things. Great. Another one. Please, Guardians, don't let this be another Maya...

Leaning back against the tree trunk, his wings wrapped casually around his shoulders, Kane swiftly sized the female up. Hmm...didn't seem to be anything particularly special at first glance...but then again, most femmes weren't. Kika had shown him otherwise quite swiftly...and in a very humiliating manner...

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 pm
She didn't so much as tense when the other walked into sight, seeming unchanged as she watched him. Cool, collected, motionless. One could think she was a statue if it wasn't for the occasional blink of her eyes. As he examined her, she did the same to him, golden orbs subtly moving up and down. Yes...definatly looked like raken, even demonic. The male could easily be his brother, if the pattern wasn't so obviously different. What an odd run in...but...she was already losing interest. The midnight fae started walking down the bank, the movement so sudden out of her complete stillness it was almost shocking, sunlight bouncing off her armgaurds to form swaying spots on the ground. Just another demonic...how bland  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:39 pm
Wait...she was ignoring him? HIM? That wasn't how it usually went...normally, other Pae'il seemed oddly fascinated with him and his feral nature, insisting on driving him crazy when he only wanted to be left alone. This was nothing short of shocking to the demon. He'd never met another Pae'il as seemingly distant as he himself was. Especially not one of those damned Fae things.

It was...oddly fascinating.

Her movement was shocking enough to bring Kane out of his thoughts and spur him to action. He had no idea why he was responding in such a manner, but with all that was happening lately, he knew better than to question. He wouldn't find any answers anyway. Leaping easily into the canopy, he bounded lightly from branch to branch, then paused overhead. Clinging tightly to the branch after making sure it would hold his weight well enough, he dropped, swinging around to hang upside down in front of the dark Fae, claws deep in the wood's fibers. He tilted his head to the side, looking all the world like a curious cat. A blue curious cat...

"Who are you?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:13 pm
She walked without pause as she heard the soft movement in the trees. Great. Being followed by a pae'il who thought himself a monkey. This thought was proved immediatly true as the male swung himself right infront of her, blue eyes on gold. Maybe...more feline. A twisted mix of cat, primate and demonic. She continued right around him. "Shouldn't you first answer that?" Perhaps he'd go away soon...most pae did when she stopped actively trying to hold a conversation. Saved her a lot of time  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 pm
Slitted eyes narrowed in response, the feline barely holding back a feral growl at the female's attitude and evasiveness.. At least she didn't cry, like certain Fae...

"Perhaps if I'd been asked first, I would," he replied with a slow grin, fangs flashing in the light filtering through the canopy. "But, as I was quicker on the draw, it's only right that you answer the question, missy." He continued tracking her with his eyes, not moving otherwise until he decided to make his move.

He leapt into the air, pushing off of the branch as he retracted his claws and soaring with leathery wings flared wide before he landed in front of her again. Grinning with an odd feral spark in his slitted eyes, the predator chuckled and cracked his knuckles, claws still drawn. "Let's try this again. Who are you and what are you doing here?" He hated to have to resort to trying to intimidate a mere female, but he wasn't letting her go without some answers. This was his territory. Only right that he keep track of any interlopers.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 pm
"Only right? I don't play the 'right, wrong' game." She responded smoothly without pause, weaving through the trees. Or at least she was, until once again, had the demonic right in her path. At last the female stopped, weight shifting to the side slightly as she looked him up and down again. Her eyes paused his hands as they were cracked before looking back up into his eyes blankly. As if she was looking at a chair instead of a preditorial male. "Just a fae and what ever I please." The female took a step forwards, implying that she was once again going forwards, cracked knuckles or no. When it came to intimidation...he had better chance of scaring a rock.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:09 am
Kane snarled harshly, feral instincts taking control for just a moment. She may only be a female, and a Fae thing at that, but she had a bad attitude...and she'd just challenged his dominance. This was his territory and he wouldn't tolerate ANYONE disrespecting him in his domain. Female or male, of any species.

"Now listen up or else," he hissed, reaching out to roughly grab her shoulder before she could brush him aside again. "I'm sure you've been spoiled and mollycoddled by other soft, mushy Pae'il, but that's not how it works out here. Out here in the real world, the strong survive. I've worked hard to claim this territory as mine and I won't have some little brat come along and disrespect me." His slitted eyes were narrowed and glittering dangerously. This wasn't about intimidation and posing now; his threat was genuine and it was taking all he had not to simply dig his claws into her tender flesh...

"So, tell me what the hell you're doing out here in my lands before I have to make you tell me, got it?" Tail twitching with irritation, a soft growl emitted from his throat. Another question had been eating at him and suddenly it burst forth unbidden. Damn his curiosity.

"Another thing! Why the hell do you smell like that? You smell like a damn bird or something!"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm
As he snarled she paused again, watching him carefully. The female sharply stepped to the side then as he reached out, eyes narrowed while her hand shot up and grabbed his wrist. It was true, she had the aspects of an owl...and typically, birds were timid, gentle creatures. Niday had been this way though, since she was a toddler. And no power was going to change that, her armgaurds a shining reminder. "So you assume you will get answers by bullying every pae'il you come across? Looks like I am not the only one who has been coddled by the more delicate pae." The most she said to him yet! Her golden eyes remained narrowed on his, Kane instantly grabbing her attention at long last. Her full attention. "Since its your territory, I can say I'm not here to mess up your...home. I am only searching for someone. Once I find them, I'll be out of here and you'll never see me again." The last...like gaurdians was she going to tell him that. One of her most gaurded secrets.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Her answer brought forth a genuine laugh from Kane's lips, though a harsh and scornful one. "Bullying? Is that what you think it is? Interesting. And no, not every Pae'il...only the ones with an attitude problem or those I deem a threat to my territory." The barb he delivered was clear and deliberate.

Wrenching his wrist roughly from her grasp, his amusement quickly faded again. "Do I look like I've been coddled to you, little girl? I think not..." The feral feline gestured dismissively towards the still-healing gashes that criss-crossed his frame. Dragnid was not kind to invaders....especially not those who attempted to delve into its heart...

Either way, at least she was only passing through. "Very well. You acknowledge that this is my territory and have no intention to stake your own claim nor hunt here...so I have no quarrel with you." He noted that she'd refused to answer his final blurted question...and while he probably should let it go, he wasn't quite willing to do so just yet.

Damn his curiosity.

"Alright, who are you looking for?" Tail twitching, Kane folded his arms across his chest and settled his wings against his back with a leathery rustle. "If I can't find them, then they can't be found."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:10 pm
"Intimidating? Bullying? Scare them away with lack of manners...take your pick. Today though I am no threat of yours." She cooly responded, her hand falling back to her side when he yanked his away. It mainly was just a show that she could take care of her own, a reason why she was still alive in Dragnid Forest. Which brought up the next issue. Little...girl. She'd let it slide. Sort of. "Tell me oh great hunter, owner of the heart of dragnid...how humble you are to share your abode with my sister. Even after it appears you two have already met." The slightest tilt of her head. "Afterall, she couldn't go beneath your skilled radar." That would be an interesting fight to see, this unknown demonic and her hate-loving sister Amara. Dragnid twisted her even worse then before. Niday moved forwards again, fully intending to walk right by him. Attention lost again. "And the last...none of your concern. Just know that they'd rather hurt herself then hurt a fly. Again, no threat to you."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 am
Well, now...this was interesting.

"Your sister?" Kane frowned, shaking his head. "I've never smelled anyone like you around here," he commented pointedly, referring once more to that odd bird-like scent she carried with her. "Doesn't mean that she's escaped my notice though...simply that I may not have 'met' her in the normal Pae'il sense. Who is she and what does she look like?"

Only then did he realize what this arrogant fae thing was insinuating. Slitted eyes narrowing, he barely smothered a growl beneath his snarled reply. "No Pae'il left these wounds, I hope you realize." His voice had reached a dangerously low timbre. It would take more than a mere Pae'il to wound the feral feline hunter this badly.

"I faced creatures unlike any Pae'il or any other creature you've ever seen in this forest," he snarled, unsure why he was telling her this. "Hellbeasts sent by some greater power of darkness in Dragnid's heart..." He trailed off, thinking back to that fateful night that he'd challenged the hellcats. He knew he was lucky to have escaped with his life that night, despite the injuries and severe illness he'd had to recover from in Falassion. Of course, he didn't have to tell anyone else that.

Switching topics just as quickly as she, he rolled his eyes with a derisive sneer. "I never said she was a threat. I only figured I could find her faster than you could and that would get you out of my territory all the swifter."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tartara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:05 am
"I'd tell you, but then she'd be mad at me." She spoke with the faintest of smiles, obviously flat out refusing to give the info of either sister. Niday slipped around him, happy to see that her little insult reached him. "Good for you. Always difficult fighting those imaginary creatures, glad to see you in one peace." She normally didn't attack like this, her method more cold and subtle. But she didn't exactly have time to mess with mindgames did she? Dayht would no doubt want to play with a hellbeast. The female froze then, her head turning for her cool golden eyes to light upon him. "...How do you figure who I am looking for is female?" She never once specified.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff