Submit

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:07 pm
Lanzer:

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:34 pm
zOMG is coming back!

2 years ago there was a security issue with our server software which forced management to shut down the servers. It would take a significant amount of work to upgrade the server software and configure it to work with zOMG, and zOMG was put on an indefinite hold because of that.

Since my return to Gaia two months ago, I've heard many of you sharing your feedback about how passionate you are towards zOMG, as it was the most highly requested feature to fix. Naturally, I had to make it my priority to work on the zOMG server. It wasn't long before I got hold of Swarf, and he helped me understand everything I needed to know to get started. Then after two weeks for learning, debugging, coding, and all-nighters, we were finally able to upgrade the server to a new and secure version.

There are still a lot of work that need to be done. From bug fixes, server testing, to restoring Back Alley Bargains and the exchange. But we're very close and I'm confident that we can restore zOMG for all Gaians by Monday, March 13.

So please mark your calendars, tell all your zOMG buddies, and we'll see you all in zOMG on the 13th!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:08 pm
Fyi, it was a little over 3 years ago that zOMG was removed, but Lanzer wasn't here then.  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:12 pm
((How excited am I about zOMG returning?!))

I seriously need to get my PC fixed so can actually play it... 4laugh  
Heartfire

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff