Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 pm
879 Barton

Heartfire has a home in 879 Barton Heights, which is now full. Sunday parties will be held there. Do we want to have an area in each town? Let jelly know if you are interested - this is possible with 3 mules (sDJx - Treasury, Heartfire1 - Battle, and the contest mule, ContestWinners). Please post here or pm/comment/meebo jelly if interested in forming a Heartfire town.

Alex Trevell
House created and set up in Barton 4703. I'll work on it more later on, but the neighborhood has been created for anyone who wishes to join.

Heartfire1 is the landlady for Durham Depot 9593, in unit 401. All other units are available.

Messaging

Meebo will be turned off by Google on June 6. Some people will use Skype, others will use Facebook/Yahoo/AOL instant messaging (IM), which are all similar and interactive. MistyMary24 uses YIM and recommends it, someone else in clan uses AIM, and many zOMG'ers use Skype - which can be voice or messaging. So far, it glitches for me and I only get IM. It's also possible that Gaia will find an alternative for Meebo, but no one is holding their breath.

Directions
Useful Links  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:41 pm
Towns 2

John Columbo is our current expert on Towns 2 and is on regularly in mornings. If you need help getting oriented, he will be available via meebo. jelly is available later on in the day. (I learned from John. ^^) Edit: no more meebo...

The new Towns 2 is glitchy, but is rapidly improving. Lag can be cut by entering through Virtual Hollywood. Click on the sign over the taxi, click on the picture of Gambino, then click on the label underneath. This will take you to the dock outside Screaming Daggers in Gambino Town.
(Virtual Hollywood>taxi>pic of Gambino>Go, arrive at dock)

Now, you have a choice. You can click on the orange house flag on the water taxi/ferry and follow the menu, or you can click on the smartphone icon at the bottom of your Flash screen. (The smartphone can be used to follow someone in Towns 2, but if they are not at home or if you just want to explore the 4 towns, use the ferry.)

Heartfire has a number of house items in inventory, contact jelly if you are interested and are creating a home.

Water Ferry:
To shop around, go here. If you've placed a house, the menus will show where friends who have placed their houses are located.

Click on the orange house-shaped flag on the water taxi/ferry. Follow the menus.

Smartphone:
If your friends are actually in Towns 2, you can use this to Follow them. Click on the Smartphone icon at bottom of flash screen, just right of the middle, then click on Friends, then the name of the person.
(Smartphone>Friends>Name>Follow)

Summary:

To enter thru Virtual Hollywood and avoid lag -
Virtual Hollywood, click on taxi, click Gambino pic, click Go.
Arrive at dock.
(V. Hollywood>taxi>Gambino pic>Go = dock)

Finding friends -
1) If you've placed your house, friends will show on the menu on the water taxi
(Orange House>Go>Continue to Housing>Menu)

2) Follow your friend if in Towns 2
(Smartphone>Friends>Name>Follow/Transport)

Joining a neighborhood -
To shop around the 4 towns -
At the dock, click on the orange house on water taxi/ferry, Go, Continue.
At menu, click Explore, then choose 1 of the 4 towns.
(Orange House>Go>Continue>Explore>town name)

To set up a neighborhood with you as landlord -
At menu, click middle label and add names of friends to invite.

To join a neighborhood -
At menu, click on the name of the friend you want to join, once there choose a spot. You will get a pm saying yes or no, then your house will be transported if you agree. (You will also get a pm if a friend invites you.)

Useful Links

From Tiger Lily Chick -
I have recently come across a way to change the speed of an avatar's walk while in Towns 2 without having to rely on the Shift key. This can be shared with any clan members who show up in Towns 2 on Sundays or any other day.

1. Click the Smartphone icon

2. Click Settings

3. Select Avatar Options

4. On the bottom, there is an option for Walk Speed. Slide the slider to the desired walk speed  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:09 pm
Help!

Useful Links from Gaia:

Towns 2.0 - codemonkey37179

Help Articles for Towns 2 in the Help Center! - Siskataya

Other Useful links:

The Housing Swap Shop - They don't sell housing items, they swap them.
Sweet Home Gaia Guide - update in progress for Towns 2
Bigger Gaia Homes with Gardens Petition - 2nd storey?  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:23 am
Please read, it explains a great deal.

from Narumi Misuhara's sig: Dream  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am
Fluff Event Guide

What the Fluff Updates and Guide - Uncle Kenny

Beware: New Phishing Method - Basically, never give out your Gaia password nor use it elsewhere, and never click offsite links for freebies.

Site Safety - blog on Phishing - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-blog/recognizing-reporting-password-phishing/t.87541515/  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:44 am
Four Secret Areas in Towns 2 - from John Columbo

I found the pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCx90ugtJI

Apparently, its a leftover from Venus sponsor event.
(Seems codemonkey likes to add these little easter eggs for us to find... whee )

So far, that's 4 "secret" areas found.

1: Rose Underground
Entrance hidden at the top right of the Eccitare Club in Virtual Hollywood

1.5: Toilets
I don't really count this as a separate area, because the entrance is clearly visible at the top part of Rose Underground...

2: Heaven
Saying the keyphrase i'm in heaven takes you straight there.

3: Hell
Saying the keyphrase go to hell takes you straight there. (There's no exit, so use your smartphone to teleport out!)

4: Venus Pool
Walk the plank at Crows Nest Island to get there.
(Apparently, there was a little controversy when it was first released, because only female avis could go there!)

Anyone can visit it now. The gender limit was only in place for the original sponsor flashspace.

I'll keep my eyes open, because I'm hoping codemonkey adds more reused flashspaces in the future!  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

III_of_Wands

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 pm
If zomg is acting up, we could always go to towns 2.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:27 pm
III_of_Wands

The problem isn;t zOMG, it's me. I've been forgettin to show up. My sleep's been off and is getin better, but I forgot the dev meat the past 2 weeks, so I'm not ready to start clan meats again.  

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

III_of_Wands

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:40 pm
jellykans
III_of_Wands

The problem isn;t zOMG, it's me. I've been forgettin to show up. My sleep's been off and is getin better, but I forgot the dev meat the past 2 weeks, so I'm not ready to start clan meats again.

That's okay! I keep showing up regardless. If it's just information gathering, Towns is good. If someone wants to kick some butt, I'll run around an outline in zomg. I've been farming for orbs. Everyone here is more then welcome to join me on Fridays for the cause.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 pm
III_of_Wands
jellykans
III_of_Wands

That's okay! I keep showing up regardless. If it's just information gathering, Towns is good. If someone wants to kick some butt, I'll run around an outline in zomg. I've been farming for orbs. Everyone here is more then welcome to join me on Fridays for the cause.
What time are you farming on Fridays?  

Arashisora

Submerged Terrestrial

40,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500

jellykans
Captain

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 pm
Arashisora
III_of_Wands
jellykans
III_of_Wands

What time are you farming on Fridays?
e're onhiatus,but III of Wands is still farming, Ithink.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm
Usually 5 PM EST if I'm not doing something important. XD Just PM me and see if I'm free. Right now, there's an art challenge going on. Occasionally, I suspect I'll be catching up.  

III_of_Wands

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
Heartfire

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items