Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:10 pm
Uva-Naranja Academy, the center of academic study in Paldea and perhaps the greatest learning center in the entire world. People come from all over the world to Paldea to learn all sorts of topics at the academy and while their Pokemon studies are their most renowned they are not limited to just that. While most people would feel privileged to attend such a prestigious academy some of Team Snagem did not, pressured into joining due to circumstance. Time would see how long their stint at the academy lasts.

-----

[The next day after the Naranja House field trip.]

When Naranja House returned to the academy they all received an earful over putting themselves in 'dangerous situations' and confronting powerful Pokemon. For a minute there it seemed certain that the members of Snagem in the class would be called out specifically and chastised, possibly harming the team further, they were instead praised, given commendation for stepping up and helping fight back the wild Pokemon. The only 'chastising' Team Snagem received was due to the use of a legendary Pokemon, what they call an unneeded and dangerous escalation, that being Lykas' use of Keldeo, of which they frowned upon for the future. Also Reno did get an earful for his 'Snagem style battle tactics', of which were not well received by the professor, still passing but a warning not to pull that again.

The discovery of the giant Klawf, what the history teacher has declared to be a 'Titan Pokemon', and the mystery of the pink plant it ate had the school in a buzz, possibly beginning a hunt for more. The issue with the Pawniard and Bisharp however was dubious, there some whispers over the Pokemon being relocated though nothing was certain yet.

That morning was a peaceful one, the students scurrying around the school getting something to eat and getting ready to head to class. The Snagems attending the academy would wake up in their dorm rooms alongside with dorm mates, some being fellow Snagems, and they too would have to prepare to set off for class. This morning Uva House had Biology with Jacq and Naranja House Math with Tyme. Time to get to class.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:02 pm
After classes, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of time to actually meet back up to regroup. Perhaps it was all for the better. Tristen, who was caught in a battling class with a chunk of the Snagems left that class in a relative sour mood between Reno's brazen attempt to bend the rules of battling when Tristen felt that he should have been a shining example of Snagem's best being the co-leader and all, and Absinthe's berating of him and Aden despite she not doing the team in general any favors by trying to rely just on the raw power of one solitary Machamp against three Pokemon made him almost want to scrub the whole school life off. Then again, perhaps, he just needed to try this without the craziness of Snagem involved.

Tristen would meet up with Freth at the school cafeteria to partake in a breakfast sandwich. Bacon, Egg, Sausage all on a toasted bun. It wasn't half-bad, to either of their astonishment. Freth took notice to Tristen's lack of excitement as opposed to the day before and after explaining it out, Freth couldn't help but not to be surprised. She would only tell him in no uncertain terms to just keep at it and not let one day ruin the whole experience. There was bound to be more to do.

However, things for Freth wasn't exactly the greatest. "So, how did everything go for you and Blizz yesteday in your Battling class?" Tristen would ask.

"For me, eh, it was whatever. For Blizzard, though, my God, his face screamed 'End me, please'."

"...why? I figured that the class would be easy for him to go through. Maybe easier, actually."

"That's the problem." Freth said. "Blizzard was bored to near tears with the class. Everything that was being discussed he could have probably taught himself. Heck, he could have perhaps took over that class and dared anyone to take it back from him, honestly. Gym Leader stuff and all, you know. Couple that with not really wanting to be here at all and infuriated that this is effectively another vacation going down the drain to no fault his own yet again and you got a really sour ice avian."

"Uh-huh?"

"Well, the teacher pretty much took notice to Blizzard's disposition and being the teacher that he was tried to call him out. You know, the 'Well if you think you can do better' kind of mentality that was more meant to embarrass the hell out of him. Well, someone didn't tell that teacher his history, clearly, because Blizzard pretty much took center stage and started battling just random students in the class. Aaaaaand it went about as smoothly for them as you might have imagined."

"He put his frustrations out on the other students, didn't he?" Tristen asked.

"Oh, I don't doubt it. Seriously, his Weavile dominated at least three or four students' parties. The teacher asked him what in the world is he expecting to teach dominating them in such a fashion and he just stated 'Loss'."

"He's...not wrong..." Tristen stated, cringing a little from imagining where this went. Tristen only at this point imagined his training exercises that he got from his teacher, only 100x worse.

"Well it was about the sixth or seventh student before they got the message loud and clear that they weren't going to beat him on even ground like that. I noticed a couple of them slipped out of class, I'm guessing to change out their Pokemon. They didn't stay gone long. One of those two actually got onto the battlefield..."

Quote:

"Go! Farigiraf!" The trainer called out. The ball flashed and out came a massive newfound oddity.

Blizzard could only stare in confusion for a second. "Huh...I...am guessing that is an evolution to Girafarig...yea, I'll be darned. I...guess I owe Sol an apology now. Go, Typhlosion!"

"Terastalize, Farigiraf!"

"Tera-wha?" The trainer would throw a ball out over her Pokemon and, Tristen, it was weird. It was as if a bunch of crystal just engulfed her Pokemon and then exploded. That Pokemon was completely jewel encrusted, head to toe, like it was some sort of sentient gem. And more standout, and goofy looking admittedly, was that it had some sort of crown made up of that same jewel stuff. It was super large, bigger than its head, and it was pinkish-purple, in the shape of an eye. To me, I was dumbfounded by just how goofy the whole thing looked. Blizzard, though, had a different set of emotions. More akin to tranquil fury. "Never mind, I'm killing him."

"...did...Blizz lose that battle?"

"Oh no, schooled that one too." Freth said. "Apparently Blizzard figured out that whatever that was didn't necessarily make them any stronger, just make their attacks more potent in a manner of speaking. Didn't find out until afterwards that this whole thing could actually futz with the type of them as well. That Pokemon was Normal and Psychic, like its prior evolution. Them doing that just outright cuts out their normal typing and makes them pure psychic for example."

"...thats weird." Tristen stated.

"Yea, but that wasn't any interest to Blizzard, of course, and worse-"

The door flies open to the Cafeteria, Freth and Tristen sees me at the door looking around. "I swear to God, where the hell is he?" The bell would ring for the classes about to begin. I would give a sigh out and then I would storm off for class.

"...he's wanting to wring Sol's neck out because he felt he was lied to back on the ship about there being no 'gimmick' battling stuff." Freth said.

"Sol did say he hasn't been here for a long time, right?" Tristen asked.

"Yeah, he did." Freth would reply, prompting Tristen to roll his eyes. "At any rate..." Freth would polish off her sandwich and get up from the table. "Hurry up and get to class." She said, making her way off out of the cafeteria. Tristen would do the same shortly after, making his way to his science class.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:12 pm
Throughout the trip, Sol nor Amaranth could say they returned to the academy in the best of spirits. Both felt they botched the first day for different reasons, surprised when they were praised instead for the most part. For Sol, though, Raifort's additions to the topic left him intrigued. 'Titan' seemed appropriate for how large the Klawf was, and if it wasn't for the other students around and trying to protect one of them personally, he felt certain the team could've taken it without much trouble; certainly far less than other threats they'd contended with, at least. He almost had half a mind to just rematch the thing himself during the night, but not wanting to risk getting on the academy's bad side, he decided against the idea.

Still, he could swear he'd heard something about the plant Klawf was eating, and it saw him in the library after the team was allowed to go back to their dorms. Tapping away at the terminal, he hoped he'd be able to find something. "Should be here- ...why do I feel a sudden chill, like the library could freeze over any second?" He paused when the sudden chill down his spine hit, unsure why it came on like it did, and continued his search. After a moment...

"...ah! Good, they do have the books. But it says they're not available... did someone check them out? I thought most Paldeans were still considering those a deranged set of fairy tales, myself admittedly included. Excuse me," he'd remark, turning from the terminal to someone behind the counter next to it. "I've been looking for a couple of books, but it seems they've been checked out-"

"Wait for the student to return them and you can check it out," they said, in a utterly dismissive, deadpan tone that suggested he wasn't getting anywhere in finding out who had the books. After a moment of awkward silence, Sol shrugged and figured he'd have little choice but to wait. Or luck out and stumble upon whoever had them.

---

Amaranth, overall, was more worried about the whispers about the Pawniard and Bisharp. She'd really wanted to find out why Kingambit was on the offensive apart from crashing their battle plans, but her attempt at a warning swing ended up landing and knocking them out, and the call to return had been given. Something told her there had to be some sort of misunderstanding, a reason for them to be up in arms, and above all, she simply wanted to talk to them somehow. Still, she did have to worry about the injured Altaria; when she managed to leave, she noticed they were somewhat frozen over and unconscious, so she ended up taking longer than the others to get back to the academy upon returning to Mesagoza.

At least she wouldn't have any objections to tapping a Heal Ball against Altaria to catch them long enough to be taken to a Pokemon Center for something more effective than the ball's own properties. Fast forward to now, though, she didn't feel like anything praiseworthy had happened apart from the apparent run-in some of the others had with a giant Klawf- whatever that was.

--

Aden, after that battle had concluded, had been kinda sheepish about how it all played out. He was more willing to take things in stride, but he couldn't fault Tristen for being as miffed as he was about what Reno pulled. Suffice to say he was quick to recall Dubwool and keep quiet for what remained of the class, though the talks were something he expected... of Uva house. Not so much Naranja, most of which left him wondering what the hell happened.

It'd be largely the same for Cera, who also never really got an answer on the odd balls she saw. Surely she could've just asked the teacher about it, but after the battle, she had a hard time getting herself to speak up. And during the discussions, she found herself curious about the events. And why Sol was so adamant about hitting the library afterwards.

---

Finally, fast forward to today. Out of the four, Sol was the only one not to be in the cafeteria when Blizz threw the doors open and Aden all but hid his face at the outburst. "The hell was that about? Did someone shove a Trevenant arm up his butt yesterday or something?" He asked as Blizz stormed out and he got up. "Feel like I should ask him what happened," he added, going off the context that Freth and Tristen's remarks provided.

"So what, it like, changed types or something? Wonder if it's anything to do with the Poke Ball-looking things some of the students had..." Cera mused to herself before scooping up Smoliv and making her way out of the cafeteria. "Here, you can finish eating on the way, we don't wanna be late... and maybe we have a calmer day?"

Amaranth would find it weird that of all classes they'd be given, it was... math? It made sense for an academy, but she wasn't sure how much this actually helped them. She'd resign herself to going all the same, looking at the Heal Ball she rolled around in her hand for a moment, but part of her wondered if she could get away with skipping this one somehow.

As for Sol, he'd gone to the library again to check on the books he tried to look up last night, but to no avail. Still checked out, it seemed. Feeling another chill, he'd shrug it off and get to class for now. Maybe see if one of the bookstores in the city had a copy later.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:01 pm
Monique was relieved when the lecture they received was laudatory, not a chastising. She was also piecing together that they weren't the only ones dealing with Pokémon on their trip. Apparently there was a huge Pokémon some of the others had fought in South Province.

The sheriff realized that she hadn't even visited her dorm room yet. After grabbing a meal in the cafeteria, she made her way to the third-floor space with the personal belongings she had to find that she was sharing the room with who else but ChiChi.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you we were sharing a room," the Lucario hybrid added, acknowledging Monique's presence. "I had to dash when we left to go teach at the studio." The room was spartan and not in a way that suggested ChiChi didn't care. There were some mats for exercise, a few plants, and some furniture which appeared to be standard-issue, including two lofted beds, one clearly more used than the other.

"You said something that I've been trying to understand," she began as Monique sat on one of the chairs under the empty lofted bed. There had clearly been room for two even if the school hadn't assigned someone to live here yet. "How is your Marowak a piece of home?"

Monique dropped the Illusion and took a very deep breath. "Well... This is not my home world, and only me and my Marowak survived the trip."

"...Where are you from, then?"

"New Po Town." Monique's voice cracked a bit as she started to explain. "A place that doesn't exist yet and Arceus forbid it ever exists here." ChiChi tilted her head. "You see, my reality was 49 years in the future, and it was a bad one. Overrun by the Smog, humanity retreating to a big dome on Alola's... Aether Island, though here it is still called Poni." Monique's distaste for the name Aether Island came across in her voice, as if she was speaking poison into existence. "I was a sheriff of the wastelands on most of the island and then I worked at a nightclub in Flower City, which was the only other settlement."

"Wait." ChiChi interrupted. "Then how did you get here?" She looked thoroughly baffled.

"An Ultra Beast broke through the Dome, we fought it, and...the Smog infiltrated. It seems the wormhole interacted with some people, among them my siblings, who all were scattered to different worlds. I wound up here and was taken in by Snagem."

ChiChi shook her head. She didn't quite comprehend. "I can't say I know what that Ultra thing is, but I can't even imagine. You have been through way too much stress for... How old are you?"

"Well... Technically, my age is negative. But 26."

"That doesn't matter. You are a wise and clever Trainer, and I got to see that today. For all the work your Marowak did... Your Castform was so helpful."

"Would you believe that she was once a Shadow Pokémon?"

"No...!"

"It's what Snagem does. My Camerupt, my Castform... Most of my Pokémon were once Shadows. It's hard work to purify them." Monique let out a sigh. "It's a weird feeling... It's like I was sucked into a history book. I read about Snagem when I was little. And now...I'm here. I've been all over the world: Sinnoh, Unova, Orre..."

"So many ways of life. So many styles of dance. That's why I came to Paldea, after all." She let out a yawn. "We should probably start getting ready to sleep... Back at it in the morning."

The reminder of sleep suddenly made Monique want more of that Dream Mist. "I better unpack more of my things so I can sleep." Monique began taking out toiletries and other items as well as the few clothes she had.

"That's not a lot."

"You need clean clothes, but all the style and look can come from the Illusion," she explained. "So I can pack light. I wasn't a Zoroark until that happened, actually."

"Really!?"

"I often use my Illusion to show my former human form, but when you're in Snagem, it can be handy for other uses." She thought back to Hisui.

"Oh, I'm sure." ChiChi chuckled. "I wonder how good you look as me."

Effortlessly, Monique's visage seemed to shimmer into an identical twin of ChiChi. "About all I can't do is the voice."

"This is surreal, seeing me but hearing your Alolan accent."

"If you were to touch me, you'd feel Zoroark fur, not Lucario fur," she explained. "And it can get a little hot in the fur, but that's really about it for drawbacks." Monique continued packing, but it looked like ChiChi was pulling stuff out of the bag and setting it down. She changed out of the Illusion after a moment.

"We should probably get to bed soon," ChiChi reminded Monique. "Math class in the morning."

Monique woke up to ChiChi's alarm, a recording of low, deep Bronzong bell tones. She was about to roll over when she remembered the bed was high up. _This is so new._ "Morning," Monique let out blearily.

"Good morning, Monique," ChiChi greeted. She climbed out of bed, Monique cautiously doing the same and trying not to slip and fall. "You shower first, I'm gonna meditate." She turned on the TV and began playing some sort of yoga program on it, leaving the sheriff to clean up and get dressed. Later, they switched places, with Monique mostly just looking at the room, before making their way to the cafeteria together.

"I was thinking about what you said last night. Have you heard of Area Zero?" ChiChi asked after each of them had picked out several pastries for breakfast.

"Area what?"

"You know that big crater in the middle of the region? The one with the constant layer of mist?" Monique nodded at ChiChi's questions; she had seen it in the taxi yesterday. "They say there's treasure there, but expeditions to uncover it have never fared well." An odd level of concern and reverence crept into her voice. "They say the Pokémon are incredibly strong down there, but it has captured the minds of so many over the generations. Even some of the most famous alumni of the academy have met their fates in the crater..." She took another bite of croissant. "There are some records of their expeditions, but their accuracy is disputed. There are entire academic journals of people who believe the Books are real and people who believe they are not."

"What do you think? I imagine I'll learn more about that in history class..." Monique liked the pastries; the school did have people who knew freshness.

"It's interesting, but it's hard to think about something like that when so many people here lack balance. The people who have gone down there appear to have become so unbalanced as to be insane. Read Heath's writings and you'd barely believe he was a respected historian," she sighed. "There is even a saying in Paldean, and forgive my bad accent... No confíes en heathianos. 'Don't trust heathens.'" This was some history Monique had definitely not gotten at all.

An automated bell sound chimed as Monique finished her last bite of pastry. "Time to get going to math class. Tyme is so interesting," ChiChi began explaining as the two left and snaked their way through busy hallways. "Did you know that she was once a rapper?"

That comment got her attention. ...Like Krasha Wave?  

MoniqueBrie

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:40 pm
The second Absinthe woke up, she looked to her roommate's bed, where she found said roommate asleep. Good. Absinthe didn't much care for her overly girlish behavior. After a quick shower, she ran out of the dorms and headed to the common area on the first floor in search of Tristen and Aden. She wanted to apologize to them for the fight a couple of days ago - a prime example of her inexperience with team battles. The teacher chiding her for her attitude had nothing to do with it - in fact, Absinthe completely disregarded everything the teacher said. But she was still upset back then, which wasn't something that could be said of her today.

She got to the cafeteria just before Blizz slammed the doors open, and not wanting anything to do with that, she decided to just message them about it.

To Tristen, To Aden
Hey, sorry about the fight a couple of days ago. I should have tried to be a team player more.

After sending that message, she realized people were starting to file out of the cafeteria. Figuring class must be starting, she snagged some untouched food from an abandoned plate, and ate it on the way.

~*~

I could just barely hear a voice, and since I was trying to sleep, I made assumptions without trying to hear whose voice it is. "I'll be up in a bit, Keiko."

That bought me a very short amount of silence before I could hear the voice again. Annoyed, I figured it had to be something important if she was trying to get me up, but when I opened my eyes, I immediately knew that my wife was nowhere to be seen. "What is it?" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes to make it easier for me to open them.

"I SAID you're gonna be late for class!" a dude's voice spoke up, which immediately got my attention and drove me to move to a sitting position. Sure enough, there was a short, mildly obese guy standing next to my bed. It took me a minute to remember who this guy was, but his name took longer. He was the roommate I'd been assigned.

"Ugh, how late are we talking?" I asked, hoping i had time to take a shower. My body odor was manageable without one, but I'd still rather take one if I had time.

"Well, considering the first bell rang a second ago..." my roommate spoke up. Cursing under my breath, I got to work putting on the school uniform I'd been issued.

When my roomate did the same, I got curious. "Surrprised you're not already dressed."

"Yeah, well, I didn't think it'd take fifteen minutes to wake you up," he spat. "What were you doing last night?"

I started to tell him to ask me after classes, considering how groggy I was, until I realized why my first response to being woken up was to talk to Keiko. I'd spent the night with her last night. I decided not to bring that up. "We don't exactly have time to discuss that."

"Yeah, fair," he grumbled, and we finished dressing shortly after. With that, we left our dorm and started heading to class.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:01 pm
The embarrassment yesterday hit Deo hard. He struggled throughout the day and barely ate supper. He spent the evening head deep in his studies. His tired self went to sleep shortly after sunset. He woke up at the cat's time to wake up: 3 AM. When he awoke he took a look at the clock and saw 3:00 AM. 'Good grief, not only am I resemblant of a feline, I now follow the silly meme of cats wake up at 3 am. Why me?' he thought to himself as he took the time to get prepared with a long hot shower (and a thorough unclogging of the drain). Getting dressed, he decided to go to the track to run a few laps, which turned into a mile. By then it was breakfast and he was feeling it. Making his way to the cafeteria, he was surprised to find a large table of food, particularly meats. His eyes watered amidst his expression to dig in and he went over and grabbed a bunch of food. He figured he would have enough and finished eating by the time it was 15 minutes till class, he would proceed to the Biology room where he prepared his desk, and snuck in a cup of coffee where he would have some form of energy for the class.  

DeoLux

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:25 am
Brian was surprised that they only received a scolding when they returned to the school. The one that got the worst of it was Lykas, with his use of Delmare, but that was to be expected, given that the Keldeo was a legendary. Apparently, the academy didn't like its students using legendaries to take on massive groups of Pokemon. After they were released, he headed back to check out his dorm room. Hmm, so he had a roommate; nothing he hadn't been through before. He was curious as to who it would be, but he didn't dwell on it. Instead, he took his side of the room and laid down, instantly asleep with everything that had happened.

The next morning, he heard a bit of a commotion coming from the other side of the room. He groaned and rolled over until he felt something poking him in the arm, and he opened his eyes and looked up to see Lu standing there, looking rather cross. The Lucario pointed at the clock, and he looked to see that it was well past the time he usually got up. Bolting upright, he got out of bed got dressed in record time. "Thanks, Lu," he said, and she nodded as he recalled her.

"Dude, you can't have Pokemon out of their balls inside!" came another voice. He looked to see his roommate, a guy about his age but a little shorter, standing there watching him. "It's against the rules," the guy said. "Relax, she was just waking me up," Brian said. "It's not like I intentionally let her out in here." "That's true, she let herself out of her ball," the guy said. "Still, don't make a habit of having her out in here. I can tell she's not a troublemaker, but still, I don't want to get in trouble for something I didn't do." "I'll keep that in mind," Brian said, nodding as the two rushed out the door to head to class.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:18 pm
Tsuki didn't get much in the way of sleep the previous night, despite everyone somehow avoiding getting into trouble and being praised for their actions. Sure, they had done well yesterday by stopping the Pawniards, Bisharps, and their Kingsgambit leader from abducting the Academy's students, but he didn't know how to process Snagem's suddenly popping back into his life post being flown across the world without any say on the matter. How long had their public perception been changed for anyways? And would that convince his parents that they were wrong? For some reason he doubted that would be the case. All of those thoughts brought up more unpleasant feelings: he had been angry for so long and had to give up on that in order to be able to have a life in Paldea and now it felt like those feelings had come up to the surface and demanded attention.

Fighting the urge to roll back into bed and fall asleep for the rest of the second day, Tsuki got ready and turned on his printer. A student's Lechonk had ran off and he had offered to help with the posters. So coffee in one hand and a stack of papers in the other, the redhead finally left his dorm to start the day. At seven in the morning. Two hours well before classes even started. At least Aggie held the tape for him. "You ever wonder how people can tell the difference between Pokemon when most of the time, they all look the same?" Tsuki yawned as he held a poster up on a hallway wall for his Magby to apply the tape. They moved along the hall and continued this little ritual. It wasn't like there were any real differences in your average Lechonk- and those little buggers were everywhere.

The Magby turned to her trainer. "Mag, magby magby mag." she said atop Tsuki's shoulder, unimpressed by his question.

"Yeah, my bad."

How would the both of them handle this situation anyhow? It had been three years, long enough for situations and people to change. Was that Giratina hybrid right? Was wanting to escape his family a meaningless idea if one couldn't escape where they came from? Tsuki looked down. He didn't like where he came from or how the people there made him feel and even if Paldea wasn't all that bad, it wasn't his choice to be here. Even if his aunt and uncle were nice people and let him wear whatever he wanted, his life still hinged on what his good ol' ma and pa thought was appropriate.

Once he was finished putting up the Lost Lechonk posters, Tsuki dropped by the cafeteria for both a quick breakfast and a quick scan of the area. There weren't any signs of Sub or that Giratina guy, the two who he felt reasonable enough to approach about the Team at the moment. Hm. Maybe he'd catch one of them later. He grabbed a quick bite and walked to Ms Tyme's math class.  

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:08 pm
Darts woke up the following morning more energized than he had felt in a while - the encounter with Jinzo had allowed him to do more than not activate his Trap cards, it had given him new perspective into his own situation. He had never been fond of feeling sorry for himself, so having been down in a hole for so long had done a once-over on his confidence. He rose with the dawn, excited to see what this school could bring him and with his eyes wide-open for once. He did have a list of people that he still needed to make amends within the team with but those would have to come in time.

Shaken out of his depression, the grounds teemed with exciting young minds eager to learn that he hadn't noticed before and their enthusiasm served to shake a part of him back to life. He found himself humming to himself as he wound his orange school tie around his head like a bandana, adjusting it in the mirror until it fit right over his crest.

Even back in Sootopolis, and now amongst the Mymay Clan, Darts had always been a voracious student of whatever he had been a part of, whether that be on the streets, in the HQ records, or in the Clan's archives. Despite his outwardly lackadaisical nature it was rare to find the gambler in the position he now found himself - decidedly behind. He had taken in none of the sights nor certainly any of the lessons the first bit they had been here, mired in a fog of his brain's making and now he needed to catch up. The question was, how best to do that? He figured he had time to figure out as he grabbed some breakfast - even though he didn't need to eat. Someone there was bound to show themselves as the number one student and Darts intended to attach himself to their ear.

Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Once he was finished putting up the Lost Lechonk posters, Tsuki dropped by the cafeteria for both a quick breakfast and a quick scan of the area. There weren't any signs of Sub or that Giratina guy, the two who he felt reasonable enough to approach about the Team at the moment. Hm. Maybe he'd catch one of them later. He grabbed a quick bite and walked to Ms Tyme's math class.

He saw the back of Tsuki's head as they exited the cafeteria in an opposite direction right as Darts came in and made a mental note to try and talk to them later. The young trainer had already made an impression, and there was something promising about them. But that was for later - for now, it was time for scouting. He would pluck a piece of toast off a tray and munch on it absentmindedly, bits of bread disappearing into the void under his crest.

Was he supposed to be in class already? Would it shock you to find out he didn't know?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:50 pm
After the Snagem throwdown that had been requested by Dendra, with even the request to show the students how Team Snagem did Pokemon battles, somehow Reno found himself on the bad end of a minor beratement for his actions during the battle. Apparently they had been wanting the spirit of the rules for no fighting the Pokemon yourself to be followed as much as those precise words and his use of his holo-projector as a flash grenade fell into the violating the spirit part. But at least it was a short beratement and with nothing else to ruin his day, Reno would set off back towards the dorms to have a relaxing moment to himself. But it would only take him reaching the main route towards the dorms, meeting with the crowd of students coming back from their respective field trips for Reno to feel his stress levels rising again. So not only had the class somehow managed to split, but both groups had managed to end up roped into some kind of disaster that forced a retreat. There was absolutely zero doubt in Reno's mind that the inciting incidents for both of these had been directly related to some of the Snagems, but it at least seemed like the rumor mill was more focused on the Bisharp army and the strange plant that this giant....Klawf-thing apparently had eaten.

Well, once tomorrow came, he was going to get some answers. And hopefully one of those answers wasn't Beau managing to somehow still have no answer as to where Leslie was. That bug had been given ample time to either find Leslie or figure out something resembling an answer as to where she had went. Hell, he'd even accept ran away to join up with Aria. Just as long as he had an idea of where she had gone.

-------

"I'm not even surprised you have no idea where she went. But it sounds like you didn't even try to find her after your field trip started up." Reno grumbled out, stabbing into a sausage as he glared towards the Vivillon hybrid across the table from him.

"Hey. I ended up roped into some crazy mesa adventure and almost got taken out by Krabby-zilla. A few things slipped my mind in the afterglow of survival." Beau shot back, making sure to bite his tongue a bit. He definitely didn't want to slip up with how peeved Reno seemed to be over that particular slip of the mind. Not Beau's fault that his new friend dragged him through a few stores to make sure he would actually follow through on the growing plants and caring for plant life thing he had promised out in the field.

"If avoiding dying is all it takes for your memory to have gaps, its a miracle you remember your name from all the explosions you sat next to." Reno said, biting into the sausage as he tried to think of where Leslie could've gone.

Beau would've responded, except he began to hear a familiar voice suddenly coming from the tinny speaker of a Rotom Phone next to him. Slowly turning to look at the screen, Beau would find himself looking at the local livestreamer Iono as she appeared to be collabing with...

"Hey guys! Aria Glissando, star of internet and Snagem here! I came into town and figured how else should I get used to the scene here than taking a turn as a trainer under her command?" The very familiar, red-haired girl announced, flashing a grin towards the camera.

The girl holding the Rotom Phone would groan as Aria announced herself, leading Beau to finally look and see the small hybrid he had only vaguely noticed yesterday. He had been meaning to ask her for help with finding Leslie, maybe she had managed to notice something while Beau had been otherwise indisposed. "Oh hey. Sorry I forgot to get back with you yesterday for that whole find our missing Snagem thing. You ready to help out today?"

"Help out?" Leslie said, blinking a few times as she stared at the moron next to her. "Idiots. I have all the information for your runaway on the phone here. Now we can go to this city, grab Aria, and get her back to this academy to go through this hell alongside us, instead of fleeing and not taking me with her like she did."

After a moment of silently staring at the pinkish hybrid and listening to her phone, Reno would finally break the tension with a questioning statement. ".....Leslie? You didn't run away yesterday?"

"No, idiot. But I did stop back at base and got my current look. Make a crack about my new height and I'm clubbing you down to size." Leslie growled back at Reno, placing her newest iteration of her hammer on the table between her and Reno as she reached for one of the bagels from the basket in the middle of the table. Just as she felt her hand curling around one of the delectable baked goods, the basket would give a slight jump out of her reach. Growling at the movement, Leslie would once again reach for the basket before watching as the entire container full of food was lifted off of the table. Staring at the slowly disappearing food and raising her gaze to the top of the handle, Leslie would find herself staring directly into the delighted eyes of a Rookiedee, elated at the bounty that it had managed to claim from the cafeteria before any of the people inside managed to chase it off.

And as she saw that taunting, irritating, childish, and despicable bird take off towards the courtyard with her food, Leslie would feel a well of instinct that sat even stronger than the urge to make her hammer had been. Gripping onto the aforementioned weapon, Leslie would take off with a roar towards the Rookiedee. "Bring me back my breakfast, you loathsome avian!"

Watching the small barbarian taking off after the mostly innocent Rookiedee, Reno breath a small sigh before taking his tray back for clean-up and motioning Beau to come along with him. "Good new, you're off the hook on looking for Leslie. Bad news, I think she might get us expelled with that hammer. Now, lets get to class and hope that she ends her crusade quickly enough to get to class too."

"Shouldn't you try and stop her? Maybe get her to class that way?"

"I'd rather gamble she gets to class than gamble on whether or not I'd survive the brain damage that hammer might give me."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:44 am
The Snagems and the rest of the students in their respective houses make it to their classes, some later or earlier than others while two, Leslie and Darts, just didn't show up. The classes would have several minutes to talk among each other, maybe even greet some new students. Once everyone was seated their teachers would take to the front of their classes, ready to greet them all and start the day.

[Uva House]

“Good morning, class! For those that don’t know me I am instructor Jacq!” A pale man with two-toned purple hair said as he stepped up to his desk, his entire outfit of similar purples except for his white lab coat. Various papers, books, and even his Rotom phone poked out of the various pockets on his body, each one filled, giving an air of a person he chose his passion for academia over looking professional and well-kept. “Today’s lesson will be on environmental effects on the evolution of Pokemon. Such as how some evolve depending on location in the short term, others permanently adapt their lineage, while others converge on similar body types! Fascinating subject but first I have another matter to address…”

[Naranja House]

“Hello class! I’m instructor Tyme, as most of you know. Are we excited to dive into some equations?” A dark skinned older woman greeted the class, brushing her white hair to the side as she stepped up to her desk. She had an air of a kindly woman who truly loved her job. Her comfy and warm looking outfit was certainly typical of someone her age. “While I’d love to get started on our number crunching, today’s lesson focused on the math of Pokemon training, I must first turn our attention to a less than numerical note…”

[Both]

“Now before we get started we have a message for our new students, the members of Team Snagem!” The instructors said, calling out the Snagems. Were they in trouble? “All of you are to report to director Clavell’s office. Follow the school maps at various terminals if you get lost. Hopefully we’ll see some of you back here.” They instructed the Snagems, leaving them with that last cryptic message. What was going on? And so suddenly, they just made it to class.

And what would Tsuki do? He wasn't an active member of Team Snagem but it would be a chance to reconnect with them, he could even easily sneak away and follow, it wouldn't be hard with so many people filing out of the room. He'd probably even see Sub, who he guessed if was at the academy would be in Uva House, explaining why he didn't see him in Ms. Tyme's class. Though speaking of where is Darts? He is in Naranja House.

-----

The Snagems would in time find their way to director Clavell’s office, all of them now standing in it, free to wander around as it seemed Clavell was not in yet, his secretary out front instructing them to just go in and wait. For some of the Snagem’s this was the first time they’ve seen the members of their opposing house in a day or more, they certainly had things to tell their teammates concerning the field trip yesterday. The office itself was unusual as it appeared to be divided in two separate sections with the one nearest the door appearing similar to a lab you’d find at a Pokemon professor’s residence complete with sophisticated machines. On the other hand the back half was a typical office decorated with pictures, diplomas and medals. Was there more to Clavell than his appearance would suggest?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:00 pm
Monique was just settling in to her seat and poised to take notes when Tyme began with some housekeeping. And, of course, it had to involve her. Could they have not simply paged for us before going to class? she thought.

Frustrated, Monique packed her bag again and slung it over her shoulder, trudging out with the others. She gave ChiChi a last look before leaving the room.

The academy building was something of a warren of hallways over three levels, little hints of expansions in the long-distant past. It reminded Monique occasionally of some of the quieter corners of the levels of Flower City. Luckily, there were maps quite often, and it did not take long for the sheriff of New Po to worm her way down to the director's office.

It was much larger than she anticipated. Half of it looked like a research laboratory and the other half a well-appointed executive office. It was confounding. Why did a school director need a full-on laboratory with what appeared to be top-of-the-line equipment in his own private quarters?

For the first time in a while, Monique saw Sub and the others in Uva House. She'd mostly stuck to being with ChiChi after getting back yesterday. Anticipation built as the Snagems awaited Clavell's entrance—and more information as to the reason for their rendezvous.  

MoniqueBrie

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:56 pm
Both Absinthe and I had similar thoughts regarding the classes we'd be taking that day, but for different reasons. Absinthe thought her class would be boring because the subject matter didn't interest her. I thought my class would be boring because the subject matter would be laughably easy, as I'd been through the higher learning track before. But our feelings ultimately wouldn't matter as our organization's members would be called out of their classes to speak with the school's director.

Whatever he's gotta say, it can't be more boring than this, Abby thought as she made her way out of her class as quick as she could, running ahead of the other Snagems in Uva House.

I'm glad they didn't announce this before class, I thought, given how long it'd taken me to get up that morning. I left class along with the other Snagems in Naranja House.

~*~

Once we got there (and had to wait for the good Director), I couldn't help but drink in his office. It'd be easy to think the man was a scholar, or maybe even a Pokemon Researcher with an office like this. While I didn't doubt the former (he ran a university, after all), I certainly didn't see any of that when I talked to the man a couple of days ago, when he told us the Pokemon League's demands of us. He seemed to be the face of the school and little else back then. Perhaps that was a face he grew used to putting on for people over the years.

"How long is this gonna take?" Abby growled, breaking my train of thought. I could only shrug at her whining, though. Running a place like this wasn't easy. He'd get to us when he could.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:21 pm
Tsuki had woken up early, gotten to class early, and had finally settled into class. His planner was set off to the side, his note binder was at the ready, and he was going to be so prepared for Ms. Tyme's midterm exam. Today was going to be a simple and quiet day of academic study and trying to find the perfect moment to pull someone aside and figure out- actually. What was he trying to sort out? Having been a bit overwhelmed by seeing Team Snagem out of the blue for the first time in years, he hadn't yet sat down and reflected on what he wanted from them if anything. It had been years. Even his cousin Allen had left after a brief stint on the team and was working in Fuchsia's Safari Zone last he heard. Right now, he had his own life and was doing what he wanted (even if it was under his family's supervision). Would he really throw the one bit of stability he had away and impulsively run away to join them? Again? After how it ended the last time? It wasn't fair for him to expect them to suddenly know where he was in a faraway region on the other end of the planet. He knew that. But did anyone at least look?

The only thing that Tsuki knew that he wanted in that moment was to have the chance to go back to Kanto and get his Pokemon from Oak- if they were still there with him. Even though he was unsure about whether or not he wanted to hitch a ride back to Mt. Silver and never come back, he owed it to Baja, Terra, Alpha, Slash, and Grumps to at least look for them if he had that chance. And right now, Snagem could give him it. All he had to do was either convince the old man to give them back- or yoink a SNAG Machine and take them back by force. Riding off of their new reputation's coattails was something he could do if it meant reuniting with them again.

Of course, by the time Tsuki had finished being deep in thought about what he wanted to do in this situation, the last of the Snagems would have already walked out of the classroom. Turning pale at the realization that he had brooded through his one shot out, the redhead stood up, placed both hands on the table and loudly spoke "I need to use the bathroom." Without thinking of the consequences of his disruption, and after snatching Ms. Tyme's hall pass, he dashed out of the class with the fervor of someone who really did need to go to the bathroom. He deathgripped the pass (a piece of laminated paper glued to a clipboard) and made a break to catch up with the others in Director Clavell's office. They might have had a head start over him but he knew the campus better than any of them, and he’d try to subtly sneak into the Director’s office, hall pass held behind his back.  

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:04 am
[Uva House]

Shortly after Aden got to class, he'd see the message from Absinthe and looked around. While he wasn't the most familiar with school settings, he had a feeling answering something even on a SNAG would've been frowned upon. He'd hunch over to keep the SNAG under the table as he quickly tapped out a reply and sent it. While a cheeky remark had come to mind, he quickly decided against it, knowing it wouldn't have helped matters.

It's all good. Just... try to go with the flow of things a bit more. Evolved, unevolved, winning the battle, losing it, it doesn't matter. You'll learn more and more from each battle you do, and... well it seems like teamwork's something we're all struggling with on some level.

He barely had the time to put his SNAG away when instructor Jacq had taken to the front, and looking at him, there was a pang of regret that he hadn't met him some 10 years earlier or so. The feeling of the air he gave felt like something that he'd bounce off well from, though he did have to admit the topic still had his interest... if not for the remark about another matter.

"Uh..." Turns out Aden was, however, familiar with the inherent instinct of fear that came whenever something seemingly off the rails came up in a class.

Cera was overall less certain about the lesson, tail flicking in mild annoyance. At some point on the way, she'd apparently hit a bathroom to transform and change, if only to avoid some of the looks she'd gotten yesterday... and only got more, with some of those same students wondering about the supposed Mew hybrid that was in their class and earning a few whispers for the effort. "I can't wiiiin," she bemoaned, laying her head down for a brief moment. She'd perk up at the sudden feeling that something was amiss, though she couldn't discern why...

---

[Naranja House]

Oddly enough, Sol had a feeling he'd be fine for this class, feeling fairly confident in the topic. After yesterday, he'd be more than fine having things be quiet and a little uneventful; maybe the team could finally get a little more of a vacation out of things. But then he noted the tone change, his beak allowing him to keep a relative poker face that hid the unease that last night was more of a calm before the storm.

Amaranth was even more uneasy. Her mind still on yesterday's events and the potential aftermath of it, the idea of trying to do math in something she wasn't as familiar with- perhaps not helped by not remembering if she ever was- and instructor Tyme saying about another matter had her wonder if this was what the school experience was really like: Unease and anxiety until it was time to go home and then more unease and anxiety over what might've been assigned afterward. 'Homework', she recalled hearing a few students make offhanded remarks about on the way here.

---
[Both]

"You can't..."

"...be serious."

In that moment, despite being in two different classrooms and houses, Aden and Sol's minds bridged the gap in a way only family might be able to achieve. And maybe some form of psychic ability, but mostly family. Cera smiliarly gave a look around, looking out the door and wondering if it was over Naranja house.

Likewise, Amaranth had some similar, wondering if something else happened with Uva that she wasn't aware of.

Regardless, the four filed out of their classes, finding their own ways to the director's office. They'd arrive after several of the others, watching more slowly file in before Aden finally spoke up.

"Okay, what the hell happened with Naranja yesterday?"

"A lot, but I was under the impression we were largely fine despite things," Sol answered. "I've a feeling that for all the praise we got despite the slight scolding, there's more to it. I'm not sure what, but you'd think after some fifty-plus years and the threats we've faced, one of the greatest ones wouldn't be wondering if I got in trouble in school."

"Um, quick question," Cera remarked, taking in the office and curious about the overall juxtaposition of it. "Does this region have... you know? Like Kanto or Johto and their Professors Oak and Elm."

"Usually, the academy's directors would be the ones to handle matters like helping a new student get acquainted with their first Pokemon, so in a way, yes?" As Sol briefly explained, he felt like he could see what the office looked like before. He remembered it being a little more homely than the mix of home and lab it was right now, but past that, it was largely a blur. "At least, I'd assume director Clavell performs a similar role, but I thought the lab was still separate. Unless he's even more the studious sort than I took him for."

"He wasn't there for the talks we got yesterday, maybe he wants to say something himself?" Amaranth asked. "What about Uva, did anything weird happen?"

"Just Reno being Reno and Aden's Wooloo evolving to push through fire and flames," Cera remarked, tossing a side glance to Reno. "Not sure of any other classes anyone else was in."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff