Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:21 pm
["Yuracye"]Twilia flickered open her brown eyes. 'Was it morning already?' The twenty-five year old lifted herself from the small area of blankets that she called a bed. It consisted of a small human made blanket and several assorted flowers and corals. It would have been an annoyance to others, but she loved the smell of the flowers as she fell into a deep sleep, and the scent of them when she woke up. It made her day that much brighter.
Twilia rubbed her eyes and finally fully got up. She wasn't much of a morning person, so it took her awhile to actually get up. Some people could wake up and start their day- Twilia was clearly not one of those people. She floated towards the hidden cavern in what she called a house. It was small, but sunlight made its way through the small cracks and holes that covered her head. Those rays were enough to keep the flowers happy.

After combing through her hair several times, and finally getting dressed and ready for the day, she headed out. She wore her normal outfit that she always did, but decided not to wear her boots. For some reason it already felt like she was heavier today, and adding the boots would have been too much. If it was up to her, she would have gone outside without any of the human clothing that was so popular. Her covered scales would have been enough, possibly with the addition of a flower tied into her hair. Flowers truly made her happy, more than anything above and in the sea. She wasn't sure why everyone in the village was so upset when she took an interest in them. Finding a mate was the first priority- keep the race alive!
She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. If only she could live on land, she had seen plenty of humans relaxing in fields of beautiful flowers. She wanted to do that too. Care for the flowers, learn about how things worked, which ones she could keep, which ones were harmful.

Twilia shook her head. As if that would ever really happen. Another sigh escaped through her sharp teeth. She had a feeling that the elders would remind her that she was getting up in her years, and that finding a mate would be ideal right now.
She looked around her briefly to hopefully avoid any conversation about anything other than flowers. Thankfully the only one she spotted was a young Mervalon who definitely wouldn't ask her any types of those questions. The pale skinned Mervalon jet forward, the water bubbling behind her. She smiled happily, greeting Isla in front of her. "Good morning, Isla. You're very energetic today."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 pm
["outlaw trinidy"]Isla was swimming around in a pattern that only made sense to her. She was dancing out one of the battles Matias told her about. The battle where a swan dancer kicked many butts. Though, the more people woke up, the less Isla danced. She made up a new game, chasing after a bubble that her jets made. Then she started making shapes with her shadow, as the sun got higher and higher in the sky. Before she knew it, she was greeted by one of her most favoritiest mervalons. Twilia. Isla stopped her game and swam a circle around Twilia before she said, "TWILIA! Morninnnn! Do you have time to play?"  

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:25 pm
["Queen of Memories"]
In a secluded dwelling of Drophon, a mervalon of a less social variety was rolling out of bed at last. Zegana had been up late into the wee hours of the morning, reading over a book on medicinal lotions that help with accidental mervalon and jellyfish stings. The female rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned, hoping to get some customers today or just have someone to socialize with. She couldn't entirely remember the last time she had talked to anyone.

If you can't remember, then it has been too long. Ze thought to herself as she picked up her fish bone comb and began brushing her hair. It wouldn't take too long for her to take care of her daily needs of dressing, putting up her hair and finding her satchel as to be able to pick up items needed for experimental medicines.

The mervalon was almost ready to leave just when she heard a knock at her door. Zegana's brows furrowed, wondering who would be coming to her at this hour. Not wanting to seem unprofessional or rude, she set her satchel on a chair and swam to the door to see who was visiting her.

{O.C.C.:: I couldn't think of anything too fantastic but if anyone wants to pop in an NPC that would be great.}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:26 pm
["outlaw trinidy"](wtf I had made a post... it glitched and I lost it sad )

Kaui nervously fidgeted as she dressed casually for the day. She had decided to go against the advice given. She was going to ask Zegana about herbs. Even if others had shunned the other mervalon as a witch, Kaui knew that could not be true. The few times Kaui had observed the mervalon, Kaui realized Zegana was nice. Just misunderstood. Being too shy to say anything, Kaui had never gone out of the way to visit, until now. Nithya and Niiliam came to her clinic last night to gain advice, and medical tips. They had discovered they were expecting a child. Kaui would do anything to make sure their child stayed healthy. It had been five years since the village had a baby. This would be a welcoming joy for everyone. Nervous still, Kaui fussed with her hair as she looked in the reflective glass on her wall. "You can do this Kaui. DO it for the baby." She told her reflection and clutched her fists as she became determined. Leaving her house, she swam towards the outskirts of town and headed for Zegana's home.

Once she arrived, she paced nervously, biting her lip before she softly knocked. Then flitted about a moment before she nervously hovered while waiting for Zegana to open the door. When that happened, Kaui blushed as she stammered, "Um, hello. I am... um.. K.. Kaui. she dumbly said, not sure how to bring up the request of herb guidance.  

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:27 pm
["Queen of Memories"]
Zegana opened the door to be greeted with a mervalon, as expected. But one she had never personally met. Perhaps seen in the market or saw as a passer by.

What was her name again? Kyu? Kai? Something like that I think. The silvery mervalon thought to herself. She had been about to greet the female when the visitor stammered her name. Kaui! That was her name.

Zegana smiled, trying her best not to show too much teeth, and not scare Kaui away. "Good morning. I am Zegana." She said in greeting and motioned a hand to the interior of her home. "Please, do come inside." She followed behind Kaui and sat in a rock formation that looked oddly like a stone chair. She pointed to a square mound of kelp that was across from her. "Have a seat if you like."

I can't think of the last time anyone had come straight to the house rather than stopping me in the village. Ze thought to herself as her tail rested against her like and lightly tapped against it. "I'm sure you have heard plenty of mixed talk about me. Whatever you have heard, I would like to deny the negative but that may not sway your thoughts. But in any case, what can I do for you?"

(O.O.C.:: Correct me if I'm wrong about the time of day, I'll change it if it is wrong.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:33 pm
Kaui tried to keep a warm smile on her face, not wanting to give the wrong impression. She did not think any Mervalon was bad. There was no way. With all that happened to their kind, you'd think they learned to all get along. She inwardly sighed as she entered the home, then visibly froze. She was not expecting the home to look so.... .... ..... witch like. Shaking that thought aside, Kaui refused to see Zegana as a witch. Even if her home had... different designs than she was used to.

Kaui sat where Zegina indicated, then fidgeted as she looked down at her shoes. She loved those shoes. Even if they sometimes pinched her jets, she thought they were super cute and made her look taller. WIth being so short, she often felt like everyone towered over her. Her thoughts were jumbling as the silence dragged on then Kaui realized she had said nothing. Blushing deeply, Kaui said, "Forgive me, I am ... a bit flustered. Sorry. It has nothing to do with you. I have a hard time talking even to my neighbor. She is elderly and quite nosy. She seems t ... sorry..." She found herself babbling as she played with her hands. Talking a calming breath, Kaui glanced up and said, "What do you know about baby care?  

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

Yuracye
Captain

Dangerous Treasure

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:20 pm
Twilia let out a small chuckle and patted Isla's head. "Of course I have time for you." She was supposed to check out the flowers growing on human land, but she could do that at any time. At least hanging out with Isla would get her complaining uncle off of her back. Studying flowers was a fine activity to do. All he did all day was make jewelry and beads. She scoffed silently at him, then returned her attention towards Isla.

Her eyes scanned the area quickly. "Let me guess. Matias wandered off?" She had known the family for quite some time now. Isla's brother had a habit of adventuring on his own, and often left Isla with her mother. Twilia had been with the family long enough to pick up on how Shennon felt or was feeling. Things were rough, and she tried her best to help out as often as possible. Isla was fun to be around anyway. She always cheered her up, even if she didn't know she was.
"What did you want to do? Swan dancer? Find some breakfast? Explore the outskirts of town?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:28 pm
The female mervalon noticed right away the visitor seemed a little hesitant to make it through the door. Zegana imagined it was from all the rumors spread around about her. Needless to say, her heart sank just thinking about it. She bit at her lower lip hoping to come up with a way to pull in the reins and make this consultation as pleasant as possible.

She listened as Kaui mentioned her being a little frazzled and seemed to go on about her neighbor. A little off topic for a reason to visit, but Ze interpretted this as dealing with nerves and being slightly uncomfortable with the way her home was and herself. Same old song and dance for the most part in otherwords. However, Zegana's interest was perked when asked about children.

"Hmm... perhaps a little. But, I have the knowledge of my ancestors at my fingertips. Are you inquiring about prenatal care or post birth and how to raise and take care of them?" She asked as she glanced down at a stack of journals next to her chair, a hand floating down the spines, seemingly waiting to hear a response before selecting one of them.

Queen of Memories

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:50 pm
Isla grinned at the head pat, then backflipped once she heard Twilia was going to play with her. Isla pulled on Twilia's arm as she said, "Yaaaaa.... Mamas making breakfast and told me to go outside... stoopid Matias was gone when I woke up. He promised to play with me..." She puffed her cheeks in annoyance while she hung on Twilia. Then she glanced up with a cute grin, "But you will play. You are better. OH! Swan dancer!!!" Isla said in excitement as she let Twilia go then swam in the air trying to mimic the swan battle ballet she had heard so much about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaui took a few calming breaths as she reminded herself she was safe, and she needed this information. It was silly, in an emergency situation; Kaui swam into action. But talking to her fellow mervalons? Not so easy. She hung her head a moment, then focused on the mervalon before her. Kaui noticed the journals Zegana was talking about, and immediately brightened. "Oh! Where did you get those books! I would love to read them sometime!... ... .. sorry... I... love reading. Um, pre...prenatal care... I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. Make sure they have everything I can tell them so their baby is strong and healthy."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:50 pm
Zegana raised an eyebrow at the remark. Everyone knew that a mervalon child hadn't been born in four or so years. To have one brought into this village again since Isla, would be amazing. "You must be excited about the news. Having children I hear is quite the experience." She said as she pulled the third book from the pile beside her.

Ze flicked through the book until she came to the section about care of the mother when in the beginning of pregnancy. "For the most part you can do as you have been every day of your life pretty much until the fifth or sixth month when you start to show your bump. You will be heavier, move slower and will need help moving heavy things. When it comes to diet... I think whatever you have been eating should be just as find since we mervalons do well on our natural diets." The mervalon said as she got up from her chair and held the journal out to Kaui.

"My grandmother and several Silverspines before me compiled information. Anything and everything you could ever want to know medically. This book in particular is about mervalon breeding, pregnancy, child and mother health and anything in between." She said before gently closing the book and set it down on the table in front of her guest.

"Feel free to take that and read through it. If you have any questions feel free to ask me."

Queen of Memories

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:54 pm
Kaui gushed in agreement as she nodded, then realized Zegana might have misunderstood. "Oh! Dear me... No. Not mine. Maybe one day though..." She said softly while she appeared quite flustered. She thought back to the night she spent with Verni. While the two never officially talked about it, they have been acting like a couple ever since. She was too shy to say anything though, she wondered at times how he felt about her. For now, she was simply overjoyed he was with her. She cleared her throat softly before she spoke, "The baby is Nithya and Niliam's. They came to me for advice... but we have not had a baby here for so long...I wanted to make sure I told them everything I could... to properly be their midwife... since I never have been one before and well I heard you were really knowledgeable with herbs... and I wanted the baby to have the best shot at the world..." She started to ramble again when she blushed, her cheeks brightening two different shades of pink.Mumbling an apology as she glanced away a moment while Zegana flipped through the journal.

Kaui listened and nodded while she glanced over at the journal. Trying to memorize everything. She desperately wanted to hug Zegana when she was told she could borrow the journal. Instead, she tried to regain her composure as she said, "Really? Oh! I will take good care of it, and you can come visit anytime! Kaui gushed while she picked up the journal and held it to her chest. "I was so worried, the books I have don't give much information. They are for humans... and only some are underwater care. I was questioning all kinds of things, like what if Nithya needed to take pain medicine? Would it hurt the baby? Or if there was anything special she had to eat... or if the baby comes before the eleven months is up... ... ... sorry.. I ... ... was up all night." She blushed again after she blurted once again.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:24 pm
"Oh! Forgive me I was thinking of the child being yours. Send them my best wishes and luck." Zegana said with a smile. She glanced over to the pile of books and then back to Kaui. "There should be a section about ways to handle pain of childbirth. As for what to feed children, I'm sure it could be anything and not too heavy on stomachs. There may be more information in the book on that too." She wrung her hands, a bit nervous to let a journal out of the house. Ze couldn't think if anyone had ever lent the books and didn't want to get a tongue lashing from relatives that found out about it. Please don't get mad with me. I just want to be of asstistence. Its been a while since anyone has talked to me so I could use this to be useful. The mervalon bit her lip and tried not to let anxiety get the best of her.

"W-well... if all else fails, I could try to help on the day of birth. But that would be something to ask Nithya and Niliam rather than telling you." Zegana said sheepishly, glancing down to her feet.  

Queen of Memories

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:06 pm
Kaui waved with a slight chuckle as she blushed lightly while she said, "I understand. I was acting like a nervous mom to be. You know, I was going to see them tonight, before dinner. Come with me! They are going to travel to Xantao tomorrow to tell their family before telling everyone here. Nithla is probably going to hate when she can't travel anymore. OH! I have a wonderful idea! Maybe we can start a group, have some in town adventures to help her keep her mind off things!" She gushed as she already made up her mind Zegana is going to be a new friend. She was clutching the borrowed book, excited to read it as soon as she got home. Maybe Verni would be back in town too. She thought and blushed slightly. Anytime she saw him, she was so happy. He was always able to get her to smile. "I'm sure they would appreciate the help. And I would love to learn more about herbs from you. I know some, but usually I trade to get human made medicines..." She admitted sheepishly  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:54 pm
The mervalon could not believe what she had just heard. She had been asked to come along with the others to another village and even try to be of assistance. Zegana was touched to say the least and equally nervous as she was excited.

"Shouldn't we ask Nithla first? You know, it being her pregnancy and all." Ze asked as she looked up at Kaui's smiling face.

Zegana had always wanted to be social with people but wasn't sure if anyone wanted to be around her since they always seemed to be intimidated some how. "What sort of adventures could we do for her?"  

Queen of Memories

Toothsome Guardian

29,040 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

outlaw trinidy
Vice Captain

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:15 pm
Kaui paused then sheepishly nodded. "True, I am sure she will say yes though. I just know it." She said with a solid nod at the end. Nithya is a sweet mervalon. The young couple did not stay in town for long, but they seemed really kind. Young traders that kept the lines of communication between the other villages. Kaui pointed to the book. "Maybe a reading group? Though... she might not like sitting still... oh dear. She can travel a little the last few months. Right? What if we patrolled the village to protect from eels? Oh, I am bad at this..." She lowered her head and blushed deeply. She knew her ideas were silly. But she could not think of anything. "Maybe Nithya will think of something tonight! Or, do you have any ideas?" She wondered.  
Drophon Village

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff