Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dust of Dawn

Back to Guilds

.... The smallest spark of hope lies here.. 

Tags: RWBY, Fairy Tales, Grimm, Rooster Teeth 

Reply Kingdom of Vale
Forever Fall Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AButterflyDream
Captain

Timid Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:45 pm
User Image
A mountain area with many cliffs and is covered by a forest of red-leafed trees, making the whole area appear to be red, even the grass. Those very trees have a very special sap, though no one dares to try it.. The Grimm seem to have an interest in these trees and seem to always be rooming the trees.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:29 pm
Daedalus

User Image

Daedalus walked slowly through the forest, enjoying the soft colors and their contract against the clear sky. He had heard that there were Grimm in these woods, but at this moment all was peaceful.

Each tree appeared more beautiful than the last. Dae focused his sharp gaze on the many leaves, trying to see if there was an actual difference in the colors, or if it was just his imagination. After a moment, he realized it didn't matter.

A few more minutes of walking reveled a tree with a hole in the branches, large enough that anyone on the ground could see the sky. Dae quickly scaled the tree, using precise kicks off the lower branches, his semblance making him appear to float as he rose off the ground.

He double checked that here was no sap on the part of the tree he was going to attempt to rest on before sitting as comfortably as he could. Nuzzled between the branches and mostly camouflaged against the sky, Dae let out a soft yawn. He debates taking a nap, but decided he would rather read instead.

He wears two pouches on his belt. The one on his left side holds Bolts for his Hand crossbow, strapped to the top of his right wrist. In his right pouch, he keeps basic supplies and the book he had been reading the night before. With another glance around the parts of the forest he could see to make sure he was alone, Dae resumes his comfortable position and begins to read.  

demimonde4
Crew

Hilarious Conversationalist

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:09 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Faust wandered around the forest silently taking in the beauty of the forest. Reaching into his coat pocket and retrieved a small glass bottle. Faust delicately plucked several leaves from the branch of a nearby tree, placing them into the bottle with great care, the way the leaves were coloured like they were the deep reds astounded him. Reaching for the messenger bag that hung at his side Faust carefully put the bottle inside the bag, before taking out a notepad. Faust closed the bag and sat at the base of the tree where he retrieved the leaves, he began to jot down notes about his surroundings, he knew it was most likely pointless seeing as there must have been a book on the area, but he preferred observing things first hand.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 pm
Daedalus

User Image

Dae heard the young man approach while he was still engaged in his book. Knowing his outfit would camouflage him at first glance, he turned his head slightly to not alert whomever approached. Down below, two trees away, he saw another young lad, roughly his own age.

Dae closed his book, and began to observe the young man, attempting to discern whether he would be friend or foe. The man had what looked like swords of some kind with him, but they didn't seem like advanced weaponry. Even without using his focus, Dae could tell one important detail.

Human... Dae thought. With a soft sigh, he attempted to shake away his preconceptions; after all, he had never met this person, and he was a person first. Knowing his eyes would send the wrong impression, Dae made a conscious effort to try and lesson his perma-glare. Then, he spoke.

Hello down there! What brings you to these woods? Dae's speech was soft, but his voice would carry the distance needed. All Dae could do now was wait for the man to respond.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Faust clanced up from his notes trying to discern where the voice came from before seeing the other male up in a tree. "Oh, hello. I have come here to take notes and samples. Not too much, boring stuff I'd assume. Why are you here?" his voice was full of curiosity, it wasn't everyday that he saw a person when he was out gathering information.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:41 pm
Daedalus

User Image

Dae gave a soft grin, which would oft look a smirk to others, and pulled out his book. I wanted to catch up on some reading, and I enjoy this forest. It has a beautiful color scheme, and wonderful aroma. He allowed his face to relax, which let his eyes fall back into their usual glare.

Dae put his book back into it's pouch and, with an easy movement, Dae gracefully left his branch and landed on the ground. The name is Daedalus.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:05 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
"I see, I am here for similar reasons as I have explained. The name is Johann Faustus, I tend to go by Faust for short though," Faust said smiling slightly, other people interested him far more than leaves, pigments, and other such things. "So, Daedalus, was it? Why don't you tell me a little about yourself, I can't help but wonder about a strange person I find in the woods reading up in a tree, who knows you could be an escapee from an asylum, or some nonsense like that." he chuckled hoping to point out it was a jest of sorts.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:19 pm
Daedalus

User Image

One benefit to Dae's natural eye's is that he doesn't have to do anything to show displeasure. Dae purposefuly waits for the awkward silence to come, choosing not to show emotion at "Fausts" jests. After the silence has become chokingly stiff, he spoke once more.

I wouldn't quit your day job. Dae then thought to what Faust had said earlier. Why did you say you were collecting samples, again? Dae knew Faust hadn't said, but this was his attempt at being polite.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:33 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Faust listened intently to Daedalus' word wondering if there was some sort of meaning being his words or lack there of. "I am studying the pigments in the leaves and how the ecosystem is affected by the red tint of the forest, really boring stuff to tell the truth, it just gets me out more than anything." he replied producing another notebook full of detailed notes on the subject from his messenger bag. "Now then I told you what you asked of me, now if you would please inform me of what you are avoiding by the change of subject." Faust stated cold, yet the smile never left his face, he didn't like it when people held out on information like that.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 pm
Daedalus

User Image

This person is nosy Dae thought to himself. He wasn't certain that he would get along with this person. He decided that Faust probably wasn't worth his time.

Not avoiding a thing. If anything, I'm reveling that I am not a fan of your apparent sense of humor. Dae's speech was calm, yet firm. And I believe it is time that I take my leave. Have a good day. Dae turned on his heel and and began to walk away, throwing a hand up in a casual "so long" sort of motion.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:57 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Faust chuckled, the idea of how absurd this all was pleased him. It was typical for people to leave once he began to pry it happened fairly often, but the way he saw it, it was rude to keep all information a secret, what would be the point of something if it were to constantly evade the truth and hide in a sort of shadow made by lies. The thought was very ironic to Faust, the one who preferred to hide in shadows and keep a good deal a secret. "Such a shame, I was really enjoying your company, if you will pardon my lack of manners, I promise I will attempt to act more civilized if it were to please you." he said with the same smile on his face.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:47 pm
Daedalus

User Image

Not interested... Dae thought as he continued to walk away. He made it a full ten steps without breaking stride or glancing back.

Then he hears a low, guttural growl from the north. Dae stopped in his tracks, and glanced toward the direction of the sound. He threw up a single finger, pointed upwards, to stop Faust from saying anything. Eyes closed, he listened for the sound again.

Definitely from the north. Dae took two steps to his left, and focused through the trees. Is Faust was closer, he would be able to see Dae's eyes grow wider, his pupils contracting. This was the hey to his Faunus Blood, his Hawk eyes able to zoom in on important details. Through the treeline, Daedalus could see the source.

We have three beowolfs. Through the trees. Dae didn't wait for Faust's reply before flexing his right wrist. The small hand crossbow went out of compact mode, and Dae loaded a bolt into it.
And waited.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Faust's smile faded quickly when he heard the word come from Daedalus' mouth. Finally, something interesting happens he thought before quickly blending in with his surroundings. Faust made he way closer to Daedalus, moving soundlessly. He stopped next to Daedalus, watching, waiting for the next moves, his hand speeding across the page of his notebook taking incredibly detailed notes.
"terminat auctor opus."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm
Daedalus

User Image

Daedalus could hear the scribbling, but even his eyes couldn't see Faust with the latter's aura active. That's useful. Dae Focuses once more on the direction of the Beowolves.

They come from the tree line, moving into Faust's view. Dae jumps back high into the air and lands on a tree branch, taking a shot at the one in the front of the pack, closest to Faust. The bolt sinks into the Grimm's shoulder, causing it to howl in pain. The Grimms turn their attention right toward Dae. He knows the tree won't keep them at bay for long. As quickly as he can, he loads a new bolt into his crossbow.  

demimonde4
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lawllet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 pm
User Image
Johann Faustus
"Faust"
"Terminat hora diem;..."
Looks like I should help. Faust thought reluctantly putting away his note pad. He deftly drew his rapiers an silently sprinted towards the wounded grimm stabbing the blade through the beasts stomach before backpedaling away from the body."There we go one down, two left, let's see what else you can do friend." He said constantly moving around to try and not to disclose his position to the pack.
"terminat auctor opus."

Kingdom of Vale

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces