Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infamous Dragons of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A guild where dragons, and dragonlovers alike can come together, talk, roleplay, hang out, and just have fun. 

Tags: Dragon, Role Play, Artistry, Creative, Fantasy 

Reply Infamous Dragons of Gaia
Random Chat Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 am
Talk about whatever you wish here, dragons, animals, hobbies, sports, anything. Please remember to abide by the rules though and have fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:37 am
Does a dragons colour determine their element in most cases? Like, a Blue Dragon being of water or ice? Or a Red Dragon being of Fire or Lava?

In that case, what would a Purple Dragon be? Or a Yellow Dragon? :O

Dragonarmy

Demonic Loverboy

9,600 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Dragon157

Desirable Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 am
wouldn't a purple dragon be darkness along with black dragons, and a yellow be light like a white dragon, if the color did determine the element?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 am
I suppose so? But then... that would sort of make them pointless in a way, what's the point of being a different color if they mean the same thing?

Like why be purple when you're darkness anyway? And you should be black?

That's why I think that perhaps they would represent something else rather than something similar to an already created form.

Dragonarmy

Demonic Loverboy

9,600 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300

Dragontamer_Volteck
Crew

Magnetic Hunter

5,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm
The dragons scale color dont mean anything. a blue dragon can use Fire or lightning and a purple dragons can use water or ice. It all depends what element their parents have and whats passed down.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 am
Cooofffffeeee~!!! I want some right now....

Hmm I am not sure if that is a dragon power Nann haha. I will look into it though for you.  

Nannchan
Crew

Friendly Smoker

dragon quest

Dangerous Gekko

39,300 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:46 pm
there are subtle differences in the colors. darker dragons are associated with night, but a purple dragon can also be associated with storm clouds and thunder, whereas a black dragon may be just about blackest night and no lights. a yellow dragon is associated with daylight, like a white dragon, but the yellow dragon may also control the color of the fall leaves, whereas the white dragon controls snow and frost. some colors may have things in common, but each color also has one item it alone can do. it can be very simple, or very complicated when trying to pin down each colors special talent.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 pm
There is a belief and one I take into consideration. That a dragon's color does not relate to its power, nor does a dragon's power determine its color. Many believe its a personality trait. Dragons with certain personalities gain a certain color. After all I consider myself a blue dragon, but a dragon of fire. Just because I am blue doesn't make me ice. I think this is why there can be blue fire etc. There are many different explinations and beliefs in this case. Some books/movies etc would agree with that, but others do not.
After all some believe a dragons color is completely random and just applied to make it unique and that no matter how many dragons in the world with whatever colors, that no two dragons have the same color scales.
If you ever read Eragon for example. All the dragons in Eragon basicly breathe some type of fire. Seraphina is blue and still breathes fire. Her flames are just blue haha. In Dragonheart, the main dragon is brownish and breathes fire. Its just how you want to look at it.

So my belief: A dragons color does NOT determine its power, or vice versa. While dragons who are evil/darkness do tend to be black just because its 'darkness' and dragons of light tend to be either yellow, silver, or white just because those colors are associated with light.
I DO believe that a dragon's color is determined random by birth or by the parents scale color. Or maybe even by its personality. Could explain why a shadow dragon is black, cuz black is associated with evil/mourning.

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Dragontamer_Volteck
Crew

Magnetic Hunter

5,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:28 pm
In all due respects all dragons in movies like Dragonheart and Eragon they ALWAYS breath fire. but what of the other elements? Are they not relevant? Are they not worth the time for them to control? those are questions we al have to ask ourselves  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 pm
Dragontamer_Volteck
In all due respects all dragons in movies like Dragonheart and Eragon they ALWAYS breath fire. but what of the other elements? Are they not relevant? Are they not worth the time for them to control? those are questions we al have to ask ourselves

I am not saying that I was just giving examples after all these also don't follow my beliefs. Everyone believes it is color that determines power, but I said, like me, that is not the case. Some movies like one I watched a long while ago lol around 8 years to be exact. Dragons fire & ice. Some say they can come from crystals. I sort of like this idea, yet I don't. I like to think a dragons power comes within and cannot be salvaged after death. I do think that in some way color and power relate. Search up any pictures of ice dragons on Bing(thats what I have). All the images you get are dragons of blue and white. Now search fire dragons, most of them will be red etc. I still believe that while this idea is prominant it is not totaly true. I came with my dragon profile cuz not only is my favorite color blue, but my emotions match the color, but yet I am matched to fire whenever I do online quizzes etc. So I consider myself a bluefire dragon.

User Image  

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Dragon_Hades

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm
Thats a pretty dragon. But most movie Dragons do breath fire no matter the color. Though you make a good point most of the movies rarely ever recognize the other elements.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 pm
So, yes I did change my avi. Why? Well if you really wanna know its just cuz I got tired of the color blue XD Just shows you my attention span. But it will most likely change again, and again, and again. Just be on the look out. Its all based on how much gold I earn etc. And the theme is based on my interests. What I like etc.
Hint: My next avi will most likely be kitsune based. Still working out how its going to look though, but I have a while smile  

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Adding this to my personal want list...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 am
Quote:
Thoron_Dread
You should see my attention span when it comes to avies. Only around Halloween and Christmas will you see me with the same avi for more then a few days. This one...I want to change right now, but I'm going to wait until Saturday. I think I'm going to go for a funny avi next. I have one in mind that I haven't used in a few years. XD

By the way though: I do like the avi now.  

Nightwind-Dragon
Crew

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Thoron_Dread
Captain

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am
Nightwind-Dragon

Haha luckly you have been on here for a while. This is only my second week on Gaia biggrin . It will be a good while before I can change Avis as much as I would like to. But I will get there one day!  
Infamous Dragons of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff