Crew

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 am
So obviously we've all come along way from back in 03
But have you changed? Stayed the same?

I remember when I first joined I was a huge noob...
I didnt know how to post so I spent my first few days voting in the art arena to afford a 500 gold(or around that amount) pair of jeans

My first forum was the CB, there I would either:
a) beg and get yelled at
b) spend my time in charity/giveaway threads hoping to get some free items
c) mass bump

I was only 11 years old so I wasnt that smart lol, I would get into pointless arguments with people and I would be the one looking like an idiot, a lot of these arguments were from when I made a thread asking for gold and then me getting angry at the people not donating to me sweatdrop

If I remember correctly I had a gaia girlfriend who I 'loved'
When she told me she was quiting I sent her a message saying something along the lines of:
"BUT I LOV U!!!!!! heart heart wink heart heart crying crying sad wink heart

The one item I REALLY wanted(and still do) was the angelic sash so I would check all the MP listings for the sash and then pm all the owners of the item asking them to donate it towards me.

I can't remember how my grammar/spelling was but I am sure that was very noobish as well...

Can't say I am 'proud' of my early years but I still had fun, I've changed quite a lot from then(or at least I hope so haha)

edit: I was actually 10 years old when I first joined gaia, god everyone must have hated me xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:01 am
I can proudly say I was very high on the grammer scale for a 11yr old. I didn't talk like I was talking on Instant Messengers or texting...@_@ But I was 11...-shrug-

I was realllllllllllly quiet back then too. xD I remember when i was SO curious though that I went to my first chatterbox "hot tub" thread to sit and read what was going on. I didn't understand a thing being said.

Oh I also remember being flirted with..xD. Some even wanted the cyberz. No clue what that ment back then anyway. I was told by a best friend and she always answered my questions. God I miss her. ;-; I wonder where she is at now..  

Milky Lynn
Crew

Aged Noob

Hitokiri Takasugi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 am
Hmm...I originally joined Gaia because my friend who had introduced me to forum based RPs said that this forum was better than the one that we had originally been on. I was huge into D&D type stuff and RPing back then and since the old forums I was on (Anyone ever heard of Ringbearer?) closed down, I migrated over here. Did a few RPs, got a few friends on the site, and now I'm here.

I haven't been RPing as much mostly due to my disgust at the general state of RPs on Gaia. Recently I've just been checking an RP that's going on in the AMG guild forums so I haven't been lurking about nearly as much as before.

I'd like to think i wasn't terribly noobish back then. I did enjoy a couple of stints in the ED but my real love was RPing.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 am
I was 13 when I first joined, almost 14 lawls.
I always caplitalized my I's and added those dots at the end of sentences.
I was a roleplayer though, I learned to love roleplaying on neopets. Thats when they started to censor things badly, so I came over to gaia and died in like, heaven.

I've never had a bf/gf on gaia.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Twyla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 am
I think I'm a still a noob. xd I never posted much, even in the early days. I made all my gold back then by clicking links and bumping like a fiend!

bump bump bump

haha!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:48 am
I was 20 when I joined.
YES THAT IS RIGHT! 20! There was no gaia or internet when i was 13.
But I didn't come in here to talk about my days before gaia.
When I first joined, I was really lost and didn't really know where to go.
Although after 3 months of not knowing what to do, I joined up with a group of people to welcome newcomers to gaia.
My first outfit is this blue flame shirt and pants that I am still wearing.  

Gildor Surion

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Starla Tendimowa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:58 am
I don't remember how old I was when I joined.

I was introduced to gaia by my friend Chanel. Everyone from my Anime club was on gaia and had a guild. Way too much drama! Also way too many love triangles!

I did get along with people well enough. I was very hyper, cheerful and naive. I must have been annoying back then cause I use to

heart TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. heart Luckily for me I made some great friends at the Gaian Newbie Bar. For the first year or two I actually don't remember hanging any where else. We did anything from Dance parties to random Unicorns rides and it raining ice cream to the flooding of the Bar and all its members becoming sea creatures. We had a lot of fun.

I don't think I worried about money much. I just had a lot of fun posting once I figured out how. The only time I remember asking for donations was when I wanted that brown jacket with the fur. Its like 9K I think. Anyway my friends all chipped in around 500 gold each and I got it with in a matter of hours. I remember having a party and declaring it my Friendship Jacket! Even though none of my outfits go with it I still have it. I made a promise to my friends I would never sell cause it was our Friendship Jacket. Always there to remind me of how wonderful my friends are.

I also remember being very lucky. I got pink links and enchanted trunks frequently. My first Donation Item was the Chain Wallet.

I remember roleplaying all the time but didn't know what it was. lol

I have changed since then. I stopped using caps all the time and I'm much better at roleplaying but I still don't have issues with gold and am generally a happy person.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:58 pm
I was a pretty big noob back then since I was only 11. xD I harassed the Chatterbox back when it was a decent place and I would spend hours chatting it up with people. I could make over 100 posts in just a few hours online. I would talk like this:
"Hi! How r u? I'm awsome!!!!1!!111!!!!"

Then I switched to RPing. I can't count how much time I spent in RPG threads and creating new ones.

xD I got a little better in 2004 when I started my first guild and became more mature and leader-like.  

Sango12592
Captain

Kei Nabilajira

Dedicated Entrepreneur

3,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm
User Image

Oh dear god, lets see...

I was 14. I remember cause it was just before my birthday that one of my best friends gave me the link... and I lost it... and I remembered the "gaia" part, but not the "go-" part, so I was trying to goggle it and it didn't work. Then a couple weeks later I was talking to the same guy and asked again. At that point, said guy happened to be my boyfriend, lawls.

So I go to the site and check it out. Kewl, I'll join. So I go to register and I'm still talking to my boyfriend and I'm like "What should I make my name?!" and he says "Well, my name is Kabuki..." so I think about it and eventually Lady Kabuki was born. Yeah, I was dumb. rofl

I remember roleplaying (cause that's why I joined, looooove the RP's) in this one bar and I was a "dancer". Uh huh, yep, a stripper. Lmao. I think this must have been BEFORE the PG-13 thing was enforced, cause I also remember reading a roleplay where a couple was going at it on the "kitchen table" in the commerce. xD

So yeah, I was pretty n00bish at first. Even had my own add in the Gaia Personals! eek

Though I have to thank that add. See, I wanted to see what all the "S&M" was about so I posted up an add... and an "M" replied. xD He got testy with my bad grammar and said I needed to fix it... The personals made me smart! Lmao, oh yeah...

Then by Aug me and my boyfriend had broke up and I didn't know how to change my name, so I made a new account. Da-da-da-dah! Kei-rapture. Which became Kei Night. Which was hacked and the name changed. Which became Kei Night again. Which became the one you know and love, Kei Nabilajira.

And that is my story. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 pm
I was 10 when I found out about Gaia.

I acted Noob-ish...Not bad grammar. XD

I was like "can i have that devil tail? i have 0 gold. ):"

It took me 'til around Mid-2004 to become less noob-ish.

Good times! biggrin  

Hugh Janus

Big Fatcat

Cless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm
I started gaia when I was 19. Before Gaia my haven was rp chat rooms in yahoo and one great site called Oneminuteleft.com. Had a lot of fun with all the OMLers and our RPs. Then came Gaia. I thought I had discovered the site but my little sister apparently joined a day before me, go figure. Then and there Cless came into being because of a game Tales of Phantasia that I had on an snes rom. Since them I have kept the name but molded the character to be someone new and my own. I've never had to change my name and was lucky enough to have an original name. Sometime, a long time ago mind you, I came into the company of several 03'ers at the legendary Bloodbath Bar. These people, though I have not met, have become somewhat of a family to me. We've known each other for the past 6 years and wouldn't mind meeting. I've never really had a gf on Gaia. My character has, but no one so special as to be with personally. I have seen a few of my fellow gaians go that route and it end in tragedy, but then again I've seen the couples get married heh. So that's my story, just and guy with a passion for RP. ^_^ Cless is here to stay  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Wow! So many people have joined!! Squee!!!
For those that don't know, I am you Captain. ^^
But anywho...I was 14 when I joined Gaia o-o one long summer ago...lol
I like text-based rpgs and stuff like that, so Gaia got me hooked XD
I hung around a lot, made friends, made enemies...and fell in love and out of love on here. Wow...lotsa memories o-o
But I've always been pretty literate. But I like my net speak somewhat ^-^
like my faces o.O
lol
I've been fading away from Gaia more recently, because it's gone to crap really...like come on...snoop dog items?! wtf?!

But anyway...this whole guild and the concept of it put the bounce in my step right back in ^-^ woot! I'm back baby to full swing!!

oh and one last thing ><
*pounces Hito and gives him a noogie*Me and Hito-kun are good buddies ^-^
And we like to joke around and such so be warned o.O
lol jk ^-^

Yamino_Yugure

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250

bitter peaches

Sparkly Cutesmasher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 pm
I was about 12 when I joined and I went to the like Barton Town for the most part but because of my.. middle school influence and everything before..

.. I admit! I was ILLITERATE! But I did toughen up. Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:03 pm
I don't remember how I came across go-gaia.com really. Maybe I was looking for a forum that had anime discussions. Anyway when I first joined, I really didnt know how things work. The only thing I knew was that posts = gold. So I went to the CB and started spamming non stop. LOL! I'm not really proud of that but yeah..

After awhile I got bored of all this meaningless spamming and started lurking to see what people were actually discussing about. Needless to say, I got out of the CB and into the other forums. RP provided an interesting way of earning your keep.

All throughout the CB months, I was clad in the flame pants/shirt set. It was until I joined an army RP thread that I changed my outfit. LOL! I don't really remember the details. Its been so long!  

Pyon

Hitokiri Takasugi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 pm
Yamino_Yugure

oh and one last thing ><
*pounces Hito and gives him a noogie*Me and Hito-kun are good buddies ^-^
And we like to joke around and such so be warned o.O
lol jk ^-^
BLLAAAAGGGHHHH
>_0

we do have our fun don't we?