Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:44 pm
User Image

User ImageAsh could not help hesitating when faced with the request to emerge unguarded into the night. She did not like leaving under these circumstances. Although instinct told her that Relm needed some space right now, a less reasonable, more emotional side was pulling at her to join her friend. In the end Asmyrra's cause won, but only because there was a fallen comrade to attend. Johannes had always teased her that she had more heart than sense.

But then, she would remind him, that is what he was for.

Reluctantly she moved to a closet near the large double doors and pulled out a dark silk cloak. Her wings faded from sight a moment before she threw the garment around her shoulders. Drawing the hood up, she tied the cords at her neck and took a deep breath. Stepping over the threshold, Azure eyes briefly closed in silent acknowledgement of the protective wards and contingencies that had always ensured this as a safe haven. As footsteps swept her farther and farther from her second home, she felt a slight sense of loss deep in her bones. Once more, back into the world that would never understand, she went.

Catching up to the distracted commander, pale fingers emerged from her silken layer and tugged lightly on Asmyrra's sleeve. "Come on you," she sighed ruefully, "Let's go find our patient."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm
User Image
User Image
A beautiful roaring scream, of joy and sorrow so extreme...

As promising as all of those wonderful things might sound, the little gypsy knew her crazy little inventor was not going to be concious long enough to probably enjoy any of them. Admittedly, she was pretty tired herself. Overall however, she was rather pleased with how things were going. Well, except for the part where they royally upset the Kae'dryn and partook in destroying her chandelier.

That part wasn't quite as great.

But other than that, the trip seemed to be fruitful already. Meeting two ancient creatures of legend in one night? If only the Elders could see her now. She'd have so many stories to bring home to the campfires..

Hmm.. sad thoughts. Shaking her head softly, she pushes those unpleasantries back and returns her attention to their sort of hostess.

"Something warm to eat would be fantastic," she tells the young elf appreciatively, switching to the girl's native tongue. "Could we maybe get the bath in the morning? I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my eyes open that long."

With a last grateful smile to the apprentice, she opens up one of the offered doors and leads Domini in. Explaining to the girl that they'll be sharing a room, she shoos the maiden away and closes the door behind her. One sweeping gaze takes in the simple and yet well appointed room with a faint sense of relief. Yes, this will do just fine.

"Come on Ipo," she squeezes the hand still grasped in her own, "Let's get ready for bed."

There is a love in me raging. A joyous, magical feeling...

Talise Anora

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 am
User Image
User Image
Never mistake tears for sadness...

Clasping her hands in front of her, Eva took a steadying breath and found herself collapsing back against the hammock. The pain, her companion for so long, had seemed to disappear for a time but had now returned with a vengence. Gritting her teeth, she rode it out. Where there had been a deep ache with an occasional sharp pang there was now a grinding agony in her chest. She thought she heard a popping noise and suddenly, just as it had come, the pain disappeared. Gasping for breath, Eva didn't bother responding to the witch's continued commentary on Lord Uriel. So what if there was blood on his hands? She had killed men herself.

As for manipulation... Eva had chosen this road for herself. She could not, would not, speak for others. All through this the half-remembered whispers from her days spent within the Paladin's Rod came back to her. They were promptly ignored. The cloth, however, was impossible to ignore, as was the dismissal it would contain. Gingerly she peeled back the layers, feeling a strange sense of relief and... well, it was silly but rejection, too. Neither were feelings she wanted to examine very closely. That seemed to be a theme of this conversation.

"Replace me?" She echoed quietly, not questioning the order so much as slowly processing the idea. She could go home, such as it was.

"I suppose you have your own methods of... well. And they will accept you? I hardly think they trust me even now."

That last was a true question though posed out of mostly idle curiosity. Eva was already thinking of how she might return. That she was yet injured and didn't even know where she was to begin with did not bother her. The journey would be a pleasant experience compared to this and more so compared to what would likel face her upon returning. Failure. It would sting even though likely few would know of her mission. Worse, to face Lord Uriel again. She winced at that thought then again as the pangs started up again. Was it getting worse??

...that will only bring you grief.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 am
User Image

User ImageShe watched him as he altered in position, she felt a be more at ease now that he moved to a more comfortable spot, she hoped that her uneasiness hadn't been noticed. She furrowed her brows, oh had she hoped it wasn't noticeable, it was already difficult as it was acting as if the Kae'drynn hadn't just about blew him and his friends up and the appearance of the female angel was also still hard to believe. She gave a smile at his statement, it were true and it made her feel a little better whether intended or not. It made her feel more relaxed finding that some humans, at least this one, were no different to elves or perhaps certain things he said sounded as if he were an elf? She tilted her head when she heard his cough, she knew that after his small encounter with the Kae'drynn that the debris from the whole thing might be getting to him.

She felt a blush when he asked about addressing her. She hadn't really thought much on it really. She had everyone call her by name and if there were a way to 'address' an apprentice of the Kae'drynn she had long sense forgotten it. She brought her pale thin hand up to her mouth and giggled at the thought, it was odd to hear herself the last time she could remember laughing at all was when she first arrived and met Heron. Of course things got busy and so play time had ended and everyone had gone there separate ways. "Honestly.." she started, looking at him, "I have everyone call me by name."

Cyrillia stopped before a door, they had made it. It was sad though, she had wished to continue talking, it was nice and she had so much to ask but so little time to do it in. Remembering about the debris she turned to him and clasped her hands together in front of her, "Perhaps you would like me to get you a drink to clear your throat?" she offered, she knew she could have just cleared his throat with her magic, the debris was bothering his lungs she assumed and could dissolve it in a matter of seconds but thought that perhaps she was overstepping her boundaries as it was so decided on a more practical approach. "There are other methods that might help but I feel they might be a little.. strange." she also added, feeling that perhaps she should at least mention it.

--Winters-Cruel-Fate--

Hilarious Regular

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky waved his hand in dismissal. He believed knew full well what it was she was referring to. No doubt some sort of otherworldly concoction, or perhaps a spell of some sort. He preferred more traditional methods of treatment when it came to something as simple as a cough. "Alternative remedies will not be necessary. A bit of water will suffice, thank you," he managed to choke out before a few more squelched coughs.

He found himself in something of an awkward predicament. In his earlier haste he had only vaguely heard the names of the Kae'dryn's apprentices in passing. The best he could manage for the young maid was Cillerenda. With an additional clearing of his throat (for recovery of demeanor rather than loosing of phlegm) and blushed cheeks he stammered, "I...regretfully admit that your name, and the name of your fellow apprentice, are lost to me. Again, I apologize for my abhorrent lack of manners. I feel I have not made the best of first impressions."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm
Thaedrian

"I suppose you have your own methods of... well. And they will accept you? I hardly think they trust me even now."

User Image

User ImageInteresting.

The absence of reaction or argument from the halfling caught the witch by surprise. It did not speak well of the depth of her convictions to accept her dismissal so easily. Perhaps she did not fall in the range of blind fanatics that the Sin Eater usually entrusted with a mission like this. At the very least she expected the girl to request proof that her torch had been passed. Very interesting.

Whatever the cause, Iris found herself grateful for the other woman's lack of enthusiasm. The halfling was visibly morose, probably regarding the disappointment of her master, but otherwise seemed content to simply do as she was told. Watching the inner monologue that was undoubtedly taking place behind those eyes, the witch silently thanked the gods for sending her someone of such naturally introverted behaviour.

"My methods need not concern you," came the quiet, unphased reply. "I have no intention of playing the games of deception desired by your feathered master. We had a deal, he and I. As long as my success is realised it should not matter how it was achieved." Long metallic nails motion towards the small bundle in Evalin's palm where large seed looking objects are nested. "Those will help with the..."

Before she could finish the sentence another wave of pain rippled through Eva's tired body, this one much more brutal than the last. The witch's reaction was swift, one hand came out to press down on the girl's shoulder, restraining her convulsing chest, before moving up to Eva's face. Her other fiddled momentarily with something in her lap before coming up to the halfling's mouth. With clinical precision long ebony fingers grasped Eva's jaw, propping her mouth open long enough for the witch to slip something under the girl's tongue. A strange woodsy flavour erupted behind Eva's lips as the same hand cupped under her jaw and held her mouth closed. The free hand then returned to her previous shoulder spot and steadied the girl's shuddering torso. The thin root beneath the halfling's tongue seemed to activate Eva's saliva glands, releasing more of that earthy taste that was now leaking down her throat.

"Do not fight. Swallow the juice," the command was issued in that same quiet, accented voice but somehow carried firm, "It will calm your muscles and allow the to contractions subside."

The grip on Evalin's jaw did not release until she was certain that the halfling understood and would obey. The steadying hand on her shoulder remained until the seizure had passed and her body quieted.

Cheshiyre
Crew

--Winters-Cruel-Fate--

Hilarious Regular

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:41 am
User Image

User ImageCyrillia nodded and turned away to go and get him something to drink but stopped to listen to what he said next. She turned back to look at him with a blank expression at first, she noticed a blush over his cheeks and smiled cutely, "Oh!" it was so cute though she could not fathom why he's was blushing but it was nice to see anyway. "I'm Cyrillia Fythrin." she reintroduced, picking the folds of her dress up slightly to curtsy, the jewels hanging from the tip of the tiara type accessory upon her forehead jingled as she did.

She straightened up and ran her hands over her dress, smoothing out the wrinkles from where she grabbed. "Sir Kiske..." she now started, she had had something on her mind that was nagging at her, she had meant to ignore it but it was difficult to hide her curiosity. Cyrillia looked him up and down, "Why do you all wear such bulky armor?" of course the question would sound stupid, armor was the protect the one wearing it however elven armor was much more lighter for flexibility where as his (and she assumed all humans) wore a much more thick and bulky armor which she also assumed to lack movement capabilities.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 pm
User Image

User ImageThe general discourse brought a bit of a smirk to the redhead's lips, but that last question left her chuckling. "Dun be foolin yerself," she teased lightly, "Ye know as well as I 'ere ain't no one in yer clan 'oo can cook fer toff. Ye brew might'e fine, but yer culinary 'eaves sum'tin to be desired." Before resetting the shoulder, she finished packing up her satchel.

"Ye be rememb'ren last Yule w'en I came ov'r fer yer Uncle's feast? Ev'rybody thou't the lamb was the cheese. An' he was so proud of 'is stew, I dinnae 'ad the 'eart to tell 'em tha' proper dumplins when properly cook'd ta perfection," she pauses in her work to bring a finger up to ennunciate each "proper".

"Proper dumplins sh'old not bounce."

Positioning herself properly at Kari's side, she gently bent the injured arm at the elbow. "Ye know the drill, make a fist."

Slowly she rotated the lower arm to press against the guardian's chest, then swiveled it back to extend away from Kari's body. As the shoulder was coaxed back into the joint there was an audible popping sound and relief flooded the sore region. "Yer lucky yer shoulder be so loose," comes the wry commentary, her hands leaving the bent forearm to rest against Kari's chest. "Tis the only good thing ta come from 'aving to put ye back togeth'r so many times."

Cheshiyre
Crew

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:04 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky smiled and bowed in response to the young lady's curtsy. "A name as beautiful as the young miss it belongs to." He straightened up and locked his sapphire eyes to her large ones. He found himself quite enamored by Cyrillia's grace and demeanor. The knight had spent so much time around soldiers that he had nearly forgotten what it was like to interact with someone who didn't speak with a sense of authority or rank.

His eyebrows perked at the mention of his name. He had a sense the young elf had a question for him. The sense that followed was like a smudge on stained glass. Another thing he had forgotten was that those of grace oft lacked real world experience. The question itself was not stupid, she simply didn't know. He was, however, confused by the seemingly random timing of it.

Putting his best face forward he answered in a manner becoming of his upbringing. "Miss Fythrin, my armor is not actually as large as it looks." he stated. "It seems that way due to the uniform that adorns it. The added fabric makes it seem larger."

Preferring to get back to the task at hand, Ky glances at the door his guide had stopped him in front of. "I am more than happy to tell you all about myself at a later time." he suggested with a smile. "However, I truly need to get back to my companions. I would also like an opportunity to apologize to your fellow apprentice for my earlier transgression."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:16 pm
User Image

User Image

Kari gave a hearty laugh at the recalled moment her dearest friend mention. The moment her Uncle Arden was tripped up by one of her more bolloxed relatives. You could ask five present Liulfr and they would each tell a different name of the culprit. The one thing they could agree on was the odd way the dumplings hit the ground. Aye, they bounced like freshly caught trout. Her bright green eyes glistened with tears of amusement at the memory of the moment. After a moment of cool down she finally managed to sputter, "Dun' make me laugh, et smarts."

Knowing what was coming, Kari had slipped her shield off of her arm and awkwardly shuffled it onto her back with her good arm while Molly saw to her satchel. As much as she hated having a faulty shoulder, she hated correcting it more. "Aye aye." Kari muttered as she complied with Firefly's directions.

The rotation, the swivel, and then the pop! This time the guardian's profanities weren't in a language mostly forgotten. "Clatter a feckin' brasser! I'll never git used ta tha'...oi." The pain gave way to relief and she held her arm close to her chest as Molly had shown her to do many a time.

Emerald eyes peeked over to the redhead. A small smile of appreciation curled the corners of her lips. "I dinnae wha' I'd do withou' ye."  

BeaMichelle

--Winters-Cruel-Fate--

Hilarious Regular

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:52 pm
User Image

User ImageShe gave a smile at the answer and nodded, feeling the relief of her quires being taken care of at present. The young elf was about to comment on the 'Miss' part but Ky mentioned Nae and his companies so she pushed the thought aside and turned towards the door across from them, "Your companies are just across from you." she informed him, pointing at the large oak door. She glanced back over to him and tilted her head, "Unfortunately, I can not say where Nae has gone. I will find her for you and see if she would like to bring your meal?" she offered.

Cyrillia couldn't know fully where to find her elf friend, she young woman always tended to pop up at random and so she never could tell when Nae was around but she felt she could at least pinpoint several locations of her whereabouts. "Would you like that?" she now asked politely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:34 pm
Cheshiyre
"Do not fight. Swallow the juice," the command was issued in that same quiet, accented voice but somehow carried firm, "It will calm your muscles and allow the contractions subside."

User Image
User Image
Never mistake tears for sadness...

It irritated her, a little, that the witch had dodged her question. Or, more accurately, refused to answer. Not that Eva really needed or wanted to know how Asmyrra would be killed. More she was worried for Tali as ridiculous and unsuitable that fear was. She could easily see the gypsy being caught in the middle of this unseen war but then Eva could see the worst outcome of any venture. It came of having lived in the worst outcome most of your life, she supposed. Or perhaps she was simply a pessimist.

Then there was the pain, quickly becoming an old friend, and Eva mused for a moment that if pain spoke it would yell every word. It demanded attention and would not stand for distractions like speaking or breathing easily. She felt the witch steadying her as she pressed some object into Eva's mouth, her commanding voice brooking no objection.

Though Eva's memories of her mother were long faded by time, she quite clearly remembered her admonishment against fighting a healer, often accompanied by a sharp crack on the head should she be disobeyed. It was a fond memory, odd as it might seem, but then Eva had so few to begin with. It braced her against the sudden panic. Why now the thought of poison became so persistent she did not know but it was quickly discarded. The pain was not so bad that it would override her logic or her somewhat painful childhood lessons.

The root did its work once she was able to swallow and she sighed with relief as the pain subsided albeit slowly. Odd that it seemed so much easier to breathe now when the pain seemed to be getting worse each time. It worried her, a little, especially when considering how to return home. How safe would her travel be when she could collapse in pain unpredictably? Easy prey for any sort of enemy.

But those worries were set aside and instead Eva placed her hand over the witch's and smiled a little uncertainly.

"Thank you."

The words sounded a little odd being spoken with the root still in her mouth but Eva was loathe to spit it out if it would keep the pain at bay. Recalling the witch's gift, she looked doubtfully down at the seeds, rolling one in her right hand.

"Should I be eating these, too, then? Feels fair odd to chew on bits of forest."

Odder still that she should be speaking with such candor with such a woman. Was it the witch, then, that was different or was it her? More worries pushed aside. It did not do to think of such things. Eva could already feel that creeping doubt stirring in her mind and where it led she did not dare to venture. If fear and pain could turn a man feral, than doubt was what led to insanity.

...that will only bring you grief.

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 am
Cheshiyre
Catching up to the distracted commander, pale fingers emerged from her silken layer and tugged lightly on Asmyrra's sleeve. "Come on you," she sighed ruefully, "Let's go find our patient."

User Image

User ImageViolet eyes blinked a couple times as the spellweaver was called back to the present, her gaze settling on the albino-pale features beside her before aiming at the ground in chagrin. Wonderful... The impression she was giving one of the few surviving heroes from the Dragon Wars was that she was absentminded. Shaking herself mentally, Asmyrra offered the pale angel a firm nod, and began walking briskly down the well-worn steps heading in the direction of the lake.

"I am afraid our compatriot's injuries are very severe. When we first stopped, it did not look like much, but... It took her mere moments to be rendered unconscious," Asmyrra stated as they walked, her purring soprano troubled. "From what little I know about healing, I've been able to tell most of the injuries are internal... And far beyond my own gifts. It was as much as I could manage to stabilize her before we entered the debris field north of here, in the edge of the Blasted Lands."

Allowing her voice to trail off, Asmyrra worked on marshaling her thoughts as they walked. She was no weak Weaveshaper, not by any measure. Of course there was no measure against someone like the Kae'Dryn, but... Her own gifts had been more than enough for most of the injuries she'd acquired over the decades. Whatever had struck Evalin down was probably approaching the magnitude of her own wounds a week ago...

Evalin.

Finally, her wandering thoughts caught on the background nagging, the little whisper of discontent in the corner of her mind. Lady Ash had referred to their fallen comrade by name...

"...If you do not object, Lady Ash... How much attention have you been paying to the goings-ons of late? I find it very surprising that of all those involved, you knew the people of my group well enough to know by name who was missing..."

. o O (( Wow... I give all credit to my delay in posting to writer's block, procrastination, holidays, and copious searching for music videos. Will work on remedying at least 3 of those. ^.^; )) O o .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm

For all who are interested in the history of the Dragon Wars, part one of the mini story has been placed on the main page of the roleplay under The Dragon Wars banner. Expect updates this weekend for the rest.

Enjoy!

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am

The second half of the Dragon Wars is up! Hope it helps!

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff