94%  [ 18 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

OnionKing2012
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 pm
i was reading the fishing forums today and i saw someone new to fishing ask a question.......why isn't there a place we can "rent" or borrow a fishing rod so we know which 1 will work best for us.anyway it got me thinking............it really IS a good idea especially for newbies with not much gold to spend on a rod which might work well for them and might not.i know rods are very expensive for new fishers,well even for us experienced fishers.
so my idea is............maybe we could try it out in the guild.i wouldn't feel right charging someone to try out a rod,but i'll gladly let them borrow 1 for awhile to see if it works for them.of course it would involve trusting them to give it back,but if they didn't we could ban them or report them. i just hate for people to spend so much hard earned gold on a rod then find out its not what they needed or wanted..........please let me know your opinions on this by either posting here or sending me a pm heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:45 pm
Hey there smile I just happen to be the newbie that posted the idea for the rod rentals/borrowing. I think this is just the place to start. In a place like this loaning rods should work great. Perhaps after we workout the kinks and details we could use it as a way to earn money for the guild by renting to people outside. Or as a way to draw in more members!  

Estadan

_LordFisher_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 am
I think it is a really good idea as well. If the guild has a mule we can use I will supply all the rods.Onion if you would get back to me on this we can get it started if you like the idea.

I would also like to add...that a basic rod or a basic + rod is a great rod to use and learn with.I suggest that a new fisher that is serious about learning to fish use a basic rod until they can catch all fish at Bass'ken with no problem.Then move on to Gambino and lastly Durem. If you can catch all fish in all lakes with a Basic rod you are one hell of a fisher. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:36 pm
_LordFisher_
I think it is a really good idea as well. If the guild has a mule we can use I will supply all the rods.Onion if you would get back to me on this we can get it started if you like the idea.

I would also like to add...that a basic rod or a basic + rod is a great rod to use and learn with.I suggest that a new fisher that is serious about learning to fish use a basic rod until they can catch all fish at Bass'ken with no problem.Then move on to Gambino and lastly Durem. If you can catch all fish in all lakes with a Basic rod you are one hell of a fisher. 3nodding

well we do have a guild mure its the roving reporter which i run so let me know when yall want to start this lol  

OnionQueen2012
Captain

OnionKing2012
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:01 pm
_LordFisher_

biggrin thank you LordFisher smile glad you agree its a good idea heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 am
sure.. count me in.. i'd loan some.. let me know  

sir hex

_LordFisher_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:21 am
OnionQueen2012
_LordFisher_

well we do have a guild mure its the roving reporter which i run so let me know when yall want to start this lol
I have sent you a Pm so just reply and I will send over the rods. Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:56 pm
I think it's a fanastic Idea and it might also help raise money for the guild for giveaway prizes and such.. how about we just ask for a donation from members who rent rods..anything they can afford kind of thing..  

artlady

OnionKing2012
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:43 pm
biggrin heart wow those are ALL such good ideas! thank you all heart  
SANDYS FISHING HAVEN FOR ALL

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items