Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trinity Castle

Back to Guilds

You're invited to a mysterious castle, rumored to house Mistresses, Masters and Pets... Do you dare enter? 

Tags: Roleplaying, Mistress, Master, Slave, Pets 

Reply Outside the Castle
Garden Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitty_Lopez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 am
Keleios Faith

αɍɨɏɳ Εɗɡҽωѳɍϯ
User Image

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Lynn smiled softly at his words, so they were almost one in the same. She turned toward him still smiling and explained her story. "Well you can say I came from the mind of someone as well. A lonely old dollmaker made a pact with the devil for the perfect daughter, one that would appreciate dolls as much as she did. The devil granted her wish but put his twist on things and gave her me, a half spider doll, half human. We were located in France, when she passed she left me her shop and I continued her trade, I grew bored of it and began photography in the US." Lynn sighed softly as they continued to walk. She did miss the old woman, even though she was afraid of Lynn. But she liked her new life but felt there was something missing. Hence why she was here.
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 pm
________________The secret side of me, I never let you see, I keep it caged but I can't control it

User Image

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skinxxxxI must confess that I feel like a monster xxxxI hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun

My secret side I keep hid under lock and keyxxxxI keep it caged but I can't control itxxxx'Cause if I let him out he'll tear me up, break me down

Marik's crimson gaze shifted from time to time as he walked throughout the garden area. He still wasn't sure about if he wanted to meet anyone else yet or not but at least he wasn't sitting around in his rooms anymore. That hadn't exactly been entertaining. It was wonderfully peaceful by himself, but after only a few moments he had grown terribly bored. Marik had grown used to being without company over the last several months, but not to complete and utter silence. Originally, the male had thought he would enjoy the lack of sound, yet after sitting there for three hours with nothing to do he had found that it wasn't quite as grand as he had thought the silence would be.

A sigh passed his lips as the man wandered on. Why couldn't things go back to how they were before? It was so much better back when he had been ignorant of his other self and the truth of who he was. Marik raked a hand through his hair and shook his head to rid himself of these thoughts. There was no way he could change the past so why waste time wishing for things that could never happen? It was pointless. Instead, he would need to figure out ways to keep his darker side suppressed. Well, more so than it already was.

Marik paused for a moment in his stroll and bent to pick a flower from the garden. It was a rose, beautiful and dangerous. He twirled it between his fingers for a moment, a smile crossing his lips. It was such a deceptive flower; lovely on the surface but touch it the wrong way and you would get hurt. That was how he imagined his other side to be. The other him probably acted pleasant just so he could get someone comfortable enough to let their guard down and then decided to attack when they were least expecting it.

This Marik would do whatever he could to prevent that from happening. He didn't want to see anyone else get injured because of him. Even if it was his darker side that wounded them, he still felt responsible for not being able to protect them. That was why he would push others away, and why he would never be willing to hang around people like Eloa for extended periods of time. She was a sweet girl, but the female wasn't safe around someone like him. Someone like her would never be safe around him, so he would keep as much distance as possible from her. Certainly, there had to be others that he could at least befriend though.

However, taking a pet would be a completely different story. I mean, would a pet even want to stay with him after discovering his other side? Marik did not think so. They would probably be frightened of him, and that was something he would rather not have to deal with. He didn't want people to know about his darker side unless it was completely necessary that they did, which wouldn't ever be the case if he was careful. 'If' being the key word. Marik would do his best and simply have to hope that it would be enough to suppress his violent side for the duration of his stay. It was an impossible thing to hope for, but he wished it to be true nonetheless.

After several moments, the man began to move forward again, absently twirling the rose in his hand as he moved. No surprises and he would be good for today. Unfortunately, this side of the male was not as attuned to his senses as the other side. It would be easy for someone to sneak up on him if they really tried to. Was there even anyone here that would attempt such a thing? Dear gods, he hoped not. Or, if someone was able to attempt such a thing, he sincerely wished that they would not try to do anything to him. It could turn out rather problematic if they did choose to do so.

Caught up in this madness to blind to seexxxxwoke animal feelings in me Took over my sense and I lost controlxxxxI'll taste your blood tonight I'll hunt again one night....

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

MercurialNight
Hope this is okay. >.<

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm
En-Faye

.~*Yeah it's perfect, I'll reply this evening after I get back from work XD*~.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:52 am
"And I've no more blood to
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]
Cause my heart has been. d r a i n i n g . into the sea."
═════════════════════════════

User Image
                                    After she left Shadow in her room, and after the strangeness of the encounter had worn away, Riley once again found herself completely stuck in boredom, nothing to occupy herself with. It had been like that for the months since she’d gotten here; she felt it on the very first day, though the feeling was slight. For weeks she’d been looking over her shoulder, and thus occupying herself with paranoia she was able to forget the sense of stagnation that was taking her over.

Now, though, she knew there were no enemies to look out for, and nothing to fight against. Her body was sound and unmarred by the marks of whips, but she had nothing to put it towards, nothing to resist. The interruption of that life by Shadow’s acquaintance had only reminded Riley of, by contrast, how empty her existence really was.

As she wandered back down to the foyer, her mind was occupied with these thoughts, and from them she could feel anxiety building in her once again. By the time she reached the entrance hall again, her teeth were grinding, and she couldn’t stop curling her fingers in and out of fists. Once more, Riley hesitated in front of the wide window. But this time, she need only think of Shadow. In the existence of a fellow slave who shared her own persistence, possibly even a potential companion, Riley found her will. She’d definitely have to go to the bar later, she decided.

She flung open the doors and marched out into the garden, braced for the emptiness of solitude. But she wasn’t alone. Riley pulled a half-shocked, half-outraged face, one eye twitching slightly. Well…that was certainly anticlimactic… And here she’d gotten all braced for impact and ready to the demons that were sure to appear the minute she was alone. This guy…who did he think he was, being out here, disrupting her inner battles?

Riley was such a child at times...

His back was turned to her, so she had no problems shaking a raised fist in his direction before cshoving her hands in her pockets and stomping to the nearest tree. She had one hand clenched on the lowest branch, and was even crouching in preparation to jump, when she stopped. Her narrow eyes snapped on the stranger standing across from her in the garden. Yep, she thought something was different: this one was new here.

She stared at the tall man, quite distracted by the sun-glare that shone off his brilliantly colored red-and-black hair. She looked past it long enough to see that he was dressed pretty nice, though casually: it was the kind of rich-person brand of casual. Not jeans, like Riley. He was moving with the stride of a fighter; the kind of movement that a warrior subconsciously made as he walked, not even aware of it. Probably he was a master. Which made it strange that—and this is what caught her eye—he was picking flowers.

Riley propped her arm on the tree trunk above her head, crossing one foot behind the other, and stuck her free hand in her pocket. Head lowered and eyes narrowed, she watched the guy suspiciously. The heck was somebody like that doing out in the garden? Rich people had gardens to show off to their rich friends, not to enjoy themselves. What was so different about this character?

Suddenly, all the thoughts and anxieties and this perfect opportunity were all laid out before her, and she easily noticed that this guy was completely off his guard. A devilish grin cracked over Riley’s face, showing the fangs she’d gained from her life-bonded leopard. It had been too long since she’d screwed around with the higher-ups.

Crouching as she walked, she took long and silent strides across the space that separated them. She was silent as death; after all, leopards were known stalkers of prey. She was unmatched in this area. She gained ground on him; she was within mere feet now. A thrill raced through her, shuddering up her spine, and for just an evanescent moment, she felt as if she might be alive.

Riley’s feet swerved deftly, as if in a dance, and her hand shot out like a striking snake. She skidded to a stop a few feet away, crouching with one hand on the ground in front of her and left leg out to the side, all her weight centered perfectly on her right foot’s toes. In her grinning teeth she held the rose he’d been holding seconds before. Her eyes gleamed with a challenge.

“Aren’t chu massers always s’possed to be wasshin your back?” she asked, voice slurred by the flower’s stem.

En-Faye

.~* Hope that last part isn't to god-modish. Let me know if it is and I'll edit. *~.  

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 pm
________________The secret side of me, I never let you see, I keep it caged but I can't control it

User Image

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skinxxxxI must confess that I feel like a monster xxxxI hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun

My secret side I keep hid under lock and keyxxxxI keep it caged but I can't control itxxxx'Cause if I let him out he'll tear me up, break me down

Perhaps if this male had actually bothered to pay attention to his own senses he would have felt the young woman's gaze boring into his backside. Then again, Marik had never been very observant about things like that. He wasn't about to start now either. Giving in to paranoia would do nothing but give his darker side more opportunities to take over. The man sure as hell did not want to do that. He already had a hard enough time trying to keep his other side suppressed when his emotions spiked. Why make his life harder by making it so his violent self could rise more often? That would have been a foolish thing to do.

Even as Riley swiftly closed the distance between them, Marik heard nothing. Or, if he did, the male had ignored it. All signs pointed to it being the first thing though. He was much too lost within his own thoughts to even feel her take the flower from his hand or feel the absence of it's wait. In fact, it wasn't until the female had spoken that his dark red eyes shifted downward to see her. Leave it to Marik to be so absolutely oblivious to what was going on around him.

His eyes widened as soon as Marik noticed Riley. Then his gaze shifted from the flower in her mouth to his own hand. Had she just...? But, how? Raising his hand to his face, the male saw that he wasn't even bleeding. How had she managed that? Sure, Marik had been careful to hold the rose in such a way that it wouldn't p***k him...but this girl had appeared before him in a matter of seconds. That was not all she had done though. Riley had taken the flower from his hand placed it in her mouth before coming to a stop in front of him as well. All within that extremely short period of time AND without injuring either of them. Amazing.

Only a moment later, her words registered in his mind. He was new to the whole 'master' thing so her question had puzzled him slightly. Why would he need to watch his back? He pushed the thought from his mind instantly though, he couldn't think about such things. Not now, not ever. First, they would make his heart start to race and then he would try to stay alert for anything or anyone coming up behind him. Such things would only make him feel nervous and jump whenever he heard a twig snap or any other sound which could be considered 'suspicious.' That wasn't going to help keep his dark side hidden away

Then his eyes shifted to her face and the man noticed that look in her eyes, which were -oddly enough- different colors. One yellow and one blue. Oh no, not good. Not good at all. He began to shake his head in response to her words.
"Trust me miss, I'm not the type of person you would want to watch their back. Things would only end badly if I did...and mostly for the other person. or persons, involved." The last part came out quieter than the rest of his words. It was only slightly above being a whisper. There was a hint of nervousness in Marik's voice as he spoke too, even though he tried to lock it all away. Hopefully she wouldn't catch that...or try to press him further about why he shouldn't watch his back. It wasn't like he had been trying to sound cocky, it was for there own safety that he did not do such things.

Of course, he would have no problem simply talking with the female if that was her wish. He just didn't want her to try and fight him, Marik had seen enough of his darker self's victims over the last several months to last him a life time. Her speed gave him some faith that she would be able to get away if something did happen though. As long as she didn't push the issue with him, or fight him, they would be fine. If she did, well...Marik had no idea what would happen. It had been at least a couple days since his other self had surfaced, that fact alone made him weary to stay near any people for too long.

Caught up in this madness to blind to seexxxxwoke animal feelings in me Took over my sense and I lost controlxxxxI'll taste your blood tonight I'll hunt again one night....

MercurialNight
It's fine^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:37 am
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]

User Image

There was shock in his expression. He had no idea how he’d been bested, or where she had come from. If nothing else at all, Riley paid this tribute to her life-bonded: she made full use of the featured she had taken. It wasn’t nearly enough, but it’d do. And it had certainly served her well in this instance; she was in fact rather proud of herself. It really didn't do much to lower her gigantic ego, or the reckless, careless defiance that she radiated.

The rebellious glee in her eyes grew as she reveled in his confusion, in his loss for words. Do I astound you? His face continued to hold that look as he raised his hand to his face. Looking for an injury. Looking for a reason. Do I enrage you? Her heart thrummed idiotically as his eyes shifted to her own. Riley’s evil grin widened, the rose’s stem bending in her teeth. She didn’t even feel the sharp pressure of a thorn which caught her lower lip.

Will you show me crimson, mighty master?

The flood of rage in his eyes which she awaited so eagerly never came. Again, she’d built up the situation to one which it was not. It was certainly not, as she had hoped, enough to anger him in the slightest, though certain other masters were volatile enough that a careless glance would trigger a slave’s whipping. This man was not so. The strange master appeared…nervous.

His words were ones of sorrow, of guilt and not of pride, not arrogance. It was strange to hear such a gentle tone, such a marble-smooth voice, from any pair of lips. …It didn’t feel nearly as good as when she’d thought she’d get a flogging.

The mischief fled from her face immediately, replaced with a low sigh and a grimace of disappointment. As she straightened herself to a regular standing position, Riley spit out the rose into the palm of her hand, the thorn tearing a tiny slice through her lip—which she still didn’t notice. She took a couple steps forward and, with only an annoyed growl in explanation, snatched up his hand. She slapped the rose’s stem into his palm.

“Here,” she muttered blackly, shoving her hands back in her pockets as her gaze burned a hole into a hedge-wall close by. “Save the threats, Flower—or at least use ‘em with a little cockiness next time. They won’t work unless you mean it.”

She blew another sigh and tilted back her head, glancing sidelong at the wimp. That’s what he was, she’d decided rather childishly, a wimp who talked but couldn’t walk to match. Probably raised wrapped in velvet. She was wasting her time looking for excitement from this guy.

But before she could turn away, her eyes accidentally passed directly over his—and her gaze was caught inescapably.

Riley saw a tumult of strange emotion behind the man’s crimson eyes, and as she tried hard to decipher it, she realized something beautiful. Those eyes…the color of them. Her own blood must surely be that bright. He was the brilliance of color that she’d sought for.

Blood red. Riley had not seen such color in months which seemed like years…

“You…new here?” Riley muttered, all but curiosity wiped from her face now.

En-Faye

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 pm

User Image

As he stood there staring at her the woman's grin grew wider. It was as though she enjoyed seeing the shock on his face. Perhaps Riley did; he had no idea what exactly was going on in the young female's mind. Marik only knew of what he could see on the surface. A reckless, rebellious young woman that was looking for a fight. Why did she have to pick him though? The male did not wish to fight with her, he would have liked to never fight at all. Well, what he really wanted was to not have to worry about his other self rising if something like that happened.

The crimson eyed man hadn't always acted so weak. No, he hadn't always been a pushover or tried to run away either. Of course, that didn't mean Marik would go out to look for fights either. He loved to help people and would stand up for others if he saw someone in trouble. Occasionally, he would black out during these events -if things escalated to a dangerous level- and awake to find himself at home. Which should lead one to wonder: how had he never discovered his darker side before? Why had his other side never come to him during one of these instances though? Unfortunately, even Marik does not know the answer to these questions.

Riley was no damsel in distress though. In addition to that, Marik had no reason to try doing something that could awaken his violent personality. Not that he ever thought he would. That would be far to cruel a fate for anyone, regardless of what they did to him. So long as they didn't kill him or lop off an appendage, Marik would be fine in time. Certainly, it would be painful to deal with any injuries but that was far easier on him than having to live with more of those images stuck in his head. A slight shiver ran through his body as he pushed the gruesome visuals from his mind.

Relief flooded his entire being as that devious look disappeared from her features. Marik assumed that meant she no longer held a desire to engage him in combat. Hopefully his assumption would be correct. He'd been here for less than a day; the man wasn't looking to get himself kicked out so quickly, especially if it was going to be for something that wasn't even his fault. She spat the rose into one hand, which resulted in a tear on her bottom lip and stalked towards him. Was she...angry at him? Or maybe it was just irritation... But why? What had he done to offend her?

With nothing more than a growl, her hand shot out and latched onto his wrist. Raising his hand, the woman returned the flower to him rather roughly then turned away. Well, Marik was all kinds of confused now. First the woman seemed like she wanted to challenge him...now she was annoyed at him for saying he shouldn't watch his back? At this point, he wasn't sure what to expect from her.

When Riley spoke it was her later words that registered within his mind first.
Threats? No tho-wait...did she just call me 'Flower'? Heh, that was a first. Marik had been called many different names during his lifetime, but never something like that. She probably only used it because he had been holding the rose. It was quite clear what she thought of him now though... "They weren't meant to be threats. Just...warnings."

Her question surprised him slightly; though it probably shouldn't have done so. He nodded mutely, speaking up a moment later. "I am, just arrived last night. My name is Marik by the way, not 'Flower.' And," The young man felt around in his pockets for a moment before frowning at his findings, which would amount to nothing. Rather than allow things to end there. his eyes turned to the sleeve of his shirt. It was cloth, replaceable. Marik tore a small piece of the fabric from his clothing then held it out to her. "You've got a cut right here now..." He told her, pointing at the same location on his own lip where blood had welled up upon hers.

MercurialNight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]

User Image
                                    Riley was so intent on gauging his reactions, trying to read into him, that she completely forgot about the sour mood she’d put herself in when she realized that a fight with him just wasn’t going to happen. Now, without that distraction at the front of her mind, she could see more clearly the way he acted. It was gentle. And it was strange. She couldn’t figure it out. It wasn’t intentionally done, not a front to gain her trust, or a façade to mock the weak. No, he was this way naturally. His voice was soft and smooth and his eyes, crimson blood-red eyes, showed not a hint of bloodlust—or even anger of any kind.
                                    In fact, those eyes were kind, and…sad.

Riley’s fists clenched in her pockets. What did she care? What did a master know of sadness, or pain? And why the heck was he so…different?! Her hatred didn’t work if they weren’t all the same!
                                    As he spoke again, she maintained her face of stone. Not threats? Warning? One of Riley’s eyebrows lowered in confusion. “You say that like there’s a difference,” she said. This time, though, she wasn’t saying it out of bitterness. There really wasn’t a difference, was there? What did that mean?

When he showed an objection to the derisive name, Riley actually cracked a smile; so he wasn’t a pushover, after all. He really was different, after all. Just in last night, huh? He must be a master, then. Slaves were usually too scared to come out of their rooms until at least a couple days had gone by without them being beaten or flogged. Riley herself had been different, of course; many times she had to be ordered back into her room, what with her “disturbances” during the first couple weeks. That was before she realized that she had to lock things inside while she lived in this place. In her chains, that hadn’t been a problem: she could say or do whatever she could, and the masters’ job was to suppress it. Here, she was her own suppressor. It was so ironic it made her sick.

She blinked in surprise upon finding a piece of cloth held out to her. “Oh…” she muttered, staring at the cloth as if she wasn’t sure what to do with it. Had he…torn that from his shirt? That was the shocking part. What master would ever in a million years do that for anyone—especially a slave? They were all supposed to be shallow and stupid-in-love with their clothes. Riley’s fingers hesitated midair over his hand, but then she took the cloth. She did her best to ignore how his hands were both strong and gentle as well. She tried her hardest not to think of how much that feeling reminded her of the way she imagined her brother’s hand would feel.

She wiped the blood away from her lip, feeling a small sting for the first time. “I don’t notice them any more…” she muttered absently, eyes still locked on the scrap of cloth, the tiny drop of red that now spread through it. Hadn’t she wanted to see it? Hadn’t she needed color?

Being shown her own blood…in this way…was different.

“Are you a master?” She had to know. He was far too much like a normal person, far too different from the stereotypes that they all conformed to. There was no way he was a master. She didn’t want him to be…

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

User Image

Perhaps his other self would have noticed the subtle changes in Riley's stature, but not this side. Instead, all Marik saw was an emotionless mask as he spoke to her. "Isn't there?" The male inquired; head cocked to one side slightly in a curious gesture at her comment. He then continued on to explain what each word meant to him. "A threat would be given with the intention of doing harm to another while a warning is given to alert someone against performing certain actions so as to prevent them from coming to harm. Those are my thoughts on the subject anyway..." Marik replied with a slight shrug. He never wanted to see others hurt, so he gave out warnings to try and keep them safe from him; from the darkness buried within him.

Was that...did she just smile at him? That was a pleasant change. Marik found that he liked it when she smiled too. Silently he decided that she should do so more often. Riley looked better wearing a smile than that emotionless facade she put up. Of course, he would need to figure out a way in which he could cause that to happen, but how...? Maybe he could figure out the answer to that by spending more time with Riley. That was provided she allowed him hang around, of course.

This time it was Marik's turn to view the shock upon Riley's features, which appeared when he offered the piece of cloth to her. Was it really so strange for him to do that? Before offering her the torn piece of clothing, Marik had pondered simply dabbing the blood from her lip himself. A thought which he had quickly dismissed thinking that Riley would not take kindly to such actions.from someone she had only just met. Her fingers dangled over his hand for a moment —it was as though she was debating accepting the cloth from him— then fell to pick up the small fragment of fabric.

After wiping the blood from her lower lip Riley spoke to him again; her eyes focused on the bloodstained cloth she held. Her words left him feeling worried though. The woman had said that she didn't notice them anymore; meaning that Riley had at one point and something in her life had caused her to stop feeling the pain. Or, at the very least, become numb to smaller wounds that were inflicted upon her. Maybe whatever had caused her not to feel such things was also part of the reason for her wanting to fight him...

Her inquiry took him by surprise, though he probably should have expected such a question considering the place he was in. A slight nod of his head was the first indication to Marik's answer; it was followed by a verbal confirmation.
"That's what I agreed to become when I arrived. It feels strange to be called that though." Things were safer this way; for him and everyone else within the castle. He couldn't take chances when his darker self was waiting for an opportunity to rise.

Marik was very new to this lifestyle, but being a pet held more risks than becoming a master did. As the latter, he would always have control over what he did and where he went, there was also less chance of conflict with another occupant. It wasn't as though he was required to take a 'pet' either. Such had been his thoughts initially anyway. Now, he wasn't entirely sure. Riley had chosen not to pursue a fight with him, but would he be so lucky again?

MercurialNight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 am
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]

User Image
                                    Riley was just increasingly confused by this man. She’d never before even considered that way of thinking. Warnings and threats had always seemed to be the same thing coming from the mouths of her masters. Threat: I’ll thrash you. Warning: if you don’t do this, I’ll thrash you. Subtle differences, really. But what he said made it sound like a new concept entirely.

Just how many things like that was she also unaware of?

It was an unsettling concept, one that, once more, shook Riley’s foundations. Without even trying, this guy was usurping the truths that Riley had accepted and built her mindset on. And though the initial reaction to that was anger and fear, she felt something beneath those blinding emotions. Maybe a small part of her wanted to know that not everything she’d learned was true. Heck, why shouldn’t she? Half the stuff she’d learned said that life was pointless. Who wanted to believe that?

But she knew it was impossible. A child’s thinking. No matter how different he made things seem, it would always come back in the end: she couldn’t escape reality. She may as well throw him, and the useless hope he conjured, out of her life right on the spot.

Even more reason for this was the fact that, as he was now confirming, he was a master. For a moment, Riley wished he wasn’t. But then, did that mean she wished him to be a slave? She wished that on no one, especially not him. Why was that? Why was he so special, huh? She was acting like a child… And, well, it wasn’t exactly ‘no one.’ She did wish slavery on the disgusting masters who dominated them all. But this man did not fit that description. Why...?

Just then, something he’d said finally registered as out-of-place. “What do you mean ‘strange’?” she demanded, confused yet again. She’d assumed he had always been a master. But then, it made sense, as he was proving all her assumptions wrong anyway. She should have figured as much. “I’m guessing you’re new to the whole thing then. What’d you do before this place?”

En-Faye

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 pm

User Image

It seemed the woman had no comments about what he had said; his thoughts upon the difference between a warning and a threat. Marik had not really expected her to say anything about that though. Maybe it was just him that thought such things though. Who knew? Perhaps Marik's way of thinking was abnormal instead of Riley's being that way. Of course, it was probably all in the way one chose to look at things and the way they were raised.

Heh, what if he had grown up the way his other side had; would he be the violent one then...? The mere idea sent a shiver down his spine. Heck no. He never wanted to act like that. It was a terrifying concept for him to ponder, and one he didn't want to think about either. For him to have maimed or killed all of those people? Plus the countless others his darker self had surely injured? Marik physically shook his head, sending that train of thought away from his mind. It wouldn't do to dwell on such things; he couldn't go back and change the past anyway...

What did he mean by 'strange'? Well, exactly that of course! Being called 'master' felt foreign to him, unusual...alien. There existed what seemed like an innumerable amount of words he could have used to describe the feeling which reigned over him at hearing himself referred to with that title.
"I mean strange. Foreign. Odd. Choose whatever word you would like. Having that title just feels unnatural. I could never be a 'pet' though. Not by these definitions they use. It would be too dangerous." The final statement was spoken more to himself than to Riley. It came out softer, almost inaudible; an accidentally outspoken thought.

The male smiled lightly and nodded his head at her words; until she added that inquiry. A soft sigh escaped his lips and Marik raked a hand through his red-and-black hair. That was a loaded question. He could answer it any number of ways and still be telling the truth, but Marik wasn't one to dance around subjects like that; not this half of him anyway. If she wanted to know he would tell her, about the only thing he did not wish to share was the knowledge of his violent side. That was a secret he wanted absolutely no one to find out about.

His crimson gaze scanned over the area around them once then returned to her. At least it was only them here...that was a preferred condition. There was just a hint of sadness in his features as the man spoke to her.
"What did I do when? How much do you really want to know miss? My life immediately before arriving here? My life since seventeen? Or even further back?" He inquired; the questions coming one after another. There was never any malice or bitterness in his tone though. Only curiosity and a tinge of sadness; there was the slightest hint of guilt too if she really payed attention. "I doubt you would want to know everything; though I would not be able to tell you that, even if I wanted too..."

Why was he doing this? He should have just darted off, or teleported, at that question; left her wondering and, most likely, angry at him. But the male wanted her to know. How funny was that? Here was some girl he had only just met -didn't even know her name yet- and Marik was already willing to tell her his life story. Perhaps he just wanted someone, anyone, to know? If that had been the case, why had he not felt this need to share when he was with Eloa though? He hadn't wanted that woman to know anything like this. What was it about Riley that made him so willing to share his past? What spell had she cast upon him?

MercurialNight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]

User Image

Riley was intent upon his reactions now. It was strange for him to be a master at all, and she knew that, but she didn’t think their reasons were the same. She thought it was strange because he didn’t match the conformations of all the other masters. He wasn’t arrogant, rich, or cruel. He hadn’t been born into the life of power and he didn’t seek it. He obviously had his own reasons for thinking his new title didn’t fit him, but they couldn’t be like Riley’s reasons for thinking the same exact thing. Because he didn’t seem to know anything about pets and masters. He was clueless about how vicious the world of slavery could be.

So then why did he think, for himself, that “Master” was a strange, foreign, unnatural title? Because he couldn’t imagine himself in control? Or…because he couldn’t bear the thought of being the opposite?

In fact, he was saying in that very moment how he could never be a pet. Riley felt her fingers curling into tight balls again. He had no idea, no clue about the agony...! Her growing anger, however, seemed to subside to her more insightful side as she noticed the strange way he said that last part. How in the world did he mean ‘dangerous?’ There was an unmistakable tone of sadness and self-accusation in his voice. Suddenly, it mattered very much that she know why.

Before she could explore that hidden facet, however, he was answering her other question. It seemed to drain away the tiny smile that he had worn when she recognized the fact that he was new to the slavery business. Riley cursed herself for talking so much, but she still listened to him. What did she want to know? She had to think about that one herself.

“…I guess I just wanted to know why you were so weird. For a master. They’re not like you; but I guess you don’t know much about them at all. Or slaves.” She was rambling, but she kinda hoped she was making sense. “Mostly they’re born into it—masters, born into rich families with power and money. Slaves…into farms.” Her eyes, turned to the ground, seethed with unmasked hatred and pain as she murmured the last words. For a short moment, she’d forgotten to wear her stony visage.

She looked back up to him, the dark expression fading almost instantly. “What were you born into, Master?” It was obvious she didn’t use the term in seriousness. If anything, she used it only to accentuate how unfitting it was for him. Her tone was not condescending, not mocking. For once, Riley's tone was soft, and non-judgmental. It almost sounded like...empathy.

His words suggested he held secrets—but so did she and every other person alive. She didn’t need to know if she didn’t need to. She wanted to, though, and that part had shaken her. Why was it so important? It shouldn’t matter and she shouldn’t wish to reach out to him like this. She didn’t accept people and she didn’t try to understand them; she just couldn’t afford that. It was so strange and out of her control. Why did she care about the secret memories that troubled him so painfully? She was only supposed to care about her own pain…

En-Faye

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 pm

User Image

He was weird? How did a master act then? What differences were there between himself and the masters she spoke of? Did he even want to know...? Riley was right, he didn't know much about them at all. Instead of speaking up, Marik remained quiet and simply listened as the young woman went on to explain about masters and slaves somewhat. Born into it? He sure as heck hadn't been. As Riley spoke that last word, her hatred and pain tore through the mask she had been wearing. And who could blame her? The first image in his head at the word was similar to an animal farm, but replace the animals with people. A frown tugged the edges of his mouth downward at this thought.

His eyes took on a puzzled expression at her next inquiry. How was he supposed to answer that? He could have simply told her what it had been like with his parents, but the man wanted her to know more...
"That is possibly one of the most complicated questions you ever could ask me." Marik finally said after a short pause. She was probably going to ask why -even if she didn't he wanted her to know- so the male continued on to explain. "Mainly because...I wasn't born. Not in the natural sense at least, I was more of a...required side effect." What he was a side effect of is something that would be left out as he realized this wasn't what she had asked to know. The way she had spoken was almost empathetic -even if it had been Marik imagining things-, he was thankful for that.

His eyes shifted downward for a moment, an apologetic smile appearing on his face when those crimson eyes turned to her once more.
"Sorry; that doesn't answer your question at all, does it? My parents were scientists, and fairly well off. We weren't extremely rich though. No huge mansion, servants or anything like that. Definitely nothing like this. You would probably consider me spoiled anyway though. I never had very much to worry about since they took care of most things." What did she care of his past? Riley had said she wanted to know why he was so weird for a master, but Marik had no answer for that question.

"You can just call me Marik if you want." He knew she hadn't used the term seriously -and it hadn't felt nearly as strange when she said it this time either-, but he preferred to be called by name. Marik would probably never feel like a 'master' anyhow. He would rather have a friend than some servant to do everything for him anyway. Like Riley, she was enjoyable company and surprisingly easy to talk with as well. She probably wouldn't want to hang around him once she learned of his other side though. Who in their right mind would? He was a ticking time bomb, a loaded gun that could go off at any moment. Riley would have to be crazy to want to stick around him.

But what if she did? What would he do then? Probably make her think that he had lost his mind... His sadistic self was bound to rise sooner or later, and Marik did not want to see anyone injured when it did; especially Riley. Why he cared so much about a woman he barely knew was a mystery to Marik himself. Certainly, he enjoyed helping people when he could, but there was a difference between wanting to help and caring about another's well-being like this. It was most definitely the latter which he felt for Riley. Keeping her safe would mean pushing her away when he felt that pressure within his mind though.

Maybe it was better if he kept his distance after this anyway. It would be a futile attempt though. Sooner or later he would be drawn to her. Again, and again, and again. One way or another Marik would somehow find a way back to Riley. Not that he knew that just yet. For the time being all he would know was the strange desire to protect her and the wish to know about her. Maybe he would figure out what it was later, but for now he wasn't sure.

MercurialNight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am
. b l e e d .

[xXx _═_ oOo ]

User Image
                                    Riley was beyond confused by the answer to her question, but she just kept quiet and listened, figuring the explanation he gave would help clear things up. It kinda didn’t. How could a person be a “side-effect”? And of what? And how were you brought into the world if not born into it? Riley knew there were many different races of beings, many of which were created by means other than natural birth. Well, their births were all natural to them, she supposed. So is that what he was? Some new kind of race that she hadn't heard of? But then the side-effect thing still didn’t make a bit of sense.

Until she heard the word “scientists.”

Riley’s eyes widened, her emotions infected by concern. Did his parents…experiment on him? That was the only thing she could think of. The term “side-effect” and the word “scientist” went so closely together. She had never imagined something like that. But what kind of parents would consider it? …Anyway, she didn’t even know for sure that was the case. She had the weirdest imagination and jumped to conclusions way too much. And how would she even ask something like that? Hey bro, did mom and dad ever conduct any dangerous experiments on you? There was just no way to ask something like that without being a complete douche.

“Marik,” she corrected. She did like the name. Fit him a lot better than Master.

His eyes were far away after that. For the first time, she worried that her endless probing may have upset him. Maybe his memories weren’t something he liked to revisit often. Riley could relate. Her teenage years were mostly what she locked away. Marik, though, seemed to be thinking of something different. He talked about surface details only, and she got the sense that whatever he really wanted to talk about, he just wasn’t saying.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it,” Riley muttered, eyes cast away. “I kinda consider everyone who’s not a slave spoiled. Sounds like you didn’t much like it, though, huh?” That was about as close as she could get to the question that was gnawing at her: the one about his parents.

She hoped it wasn’t too…much. Why she was asking about his past like this, or why he was willing to share it at all, she didn't know. Every question she asked seemed to be pushing him further into that sorrowful, guilty mood. It was an instinct, so she didn’t fully realize it, but she felt a need to protect him from that. Somehow, the sadness in his gentle eyes was infecting her as well. She didn’t like it. He should smile again, like he had a minute ago. It was gentle too, and warm, and made her feel a whole lot better about…everything.

Riley’s eyes narrowed, but not in suspicion, as she watching his unfocused eyes. Clearly his thoughts were grave ones. “What’s with you?” she asked, which was about as close as she could get to what she really meant: ‘Are you okay?’ Riley could have kicked herself. Her and her horrible people skills...

MercurialNight

Devoted Friend

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

En-Faye
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

30,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:19 pm

User Image

The man smiled slightly when she spoke his name. Maybe it was because he hadn't been called 'Marik' for so long, but he liked hearing her speak his name. It was nice to be something other than 'hey you' again. Her next comment -the one about considering everyone who wasn't a slave spoiled- actually made him chuckle. For the first time in ages, Marik was enjoying himself; even if their conversation did keep returning to his past.

Marik shook his head at her question.
"To be honest, I loved it back then. They were kind to me as long as I behaved and I never had to worry about things like food or clothes. It was wonderful." The young male would have loved to travel back in time and simply relive those days over and over again. However, even if he had the ability to return, Marik would have to trap himself within their carefully constructed web of lies. He couldn't do that. With the knowledge he now possessed he had no clue what actions he would commit if he ever found himself in that time period anyway. Would he simply warn his younger self or would he do something more drastic? It was true what people said; ignorance is bliss. "When you find out that everything you've known is a lie that kind of ruins things though..."

"They never really cared about me."
Marik continued speaking, he wasn't sure why. His next statement would surely confuse the girl though. "In fact, the only reason I'm here is because they needed me to help with him. I was created so that he could fit in with 'normal' society." He sighed softly, raising a hand to stare at it. This body he inhabited hadn't even belonged to him originally. "I was never meant to exist; could I even be considered real?" The words came out as a whisper, but it was a sentence which often plagued his thoughts. Yeah, she probably thought he was insane by now.

Marik had been so lost in his own thoughts that it took a moment for her second question to register in his mind.
"Sorry, I must sound like a madman to you." Why was he saying all those things anyway? Because I want her to know. That was the instant answer his own mind had given...and it was true. He wanted Riley to know everything, even about him; about the one thing he never wanted someone to find out. Why?

Could he trust her though? To keep his darkest secret safe, to utter not a word about it to another soul? Would she even believe him? His eyes turned to her and suddenly those questions didn't matter, he just wanted her to know.
"You know what a split personality is? Well, mine was created intentionally, sort of. They implanted memories to try and make him 'normal,' instead they got me. I guess they figured it would be easier this way." Marik said with a shrug; that's why he was a side-effect. If things had worked out how his parents wanted, he wouldn't have been needed at all. Heck, he probably wouldn't have existed.

"I didn't know anything until a couple months ago. When I found out...I ran." He knew it was a cowardly thing to do, but that hadn't stopped him from trying to flee, from attempting to leave it all behind. So long as he lived his other self would too though, and destruction would always follow behind him as an unwanted companion. That was why he usually avoided places with a lot of people. Marik was tired of running though, he wanted to have a place to call home again. That's why he was here.

Marik kept his eyes carefully trained in front of him as he waited for her response, or any reaction really. Would she believe him? Or would Riley think what he had just said was a lie? He had no idea, and that's what scared him. Marik had never intended to tell these things to anyone, yet he had wanted her to know. Without an inkling of how she would react, he had told her part of his secret. Had she even wanted to know that much? What about his other self, would she want to know about him?

MercurialNight

Outside the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas