Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:16 pm
User Image

User ImageThe witch remained silently studious with firm hands until the halfling's convulsing subsided. The pressure of her palms eased a little as the young woman caught her breath and steadied herself. The gesture of thanks seemed to genuinely take her by surprise, that colourless gaze darting to land upon the hand that now rested against hers. Canting her head softly to the side, her eyes returned to stare into Evalin's own. Those impassive features softened slightly. "You are welcome," came the gentle, accented reply.

Slipping her hand free from Eva's, the witch returned both of her own to the satchel in her lap. Another small cloth wrapping lay open there, revealing more of those brown, dried root slivers identical to the one still releasing medicine beneath the halfling's tongue. "It should not seem so strange. Almost everything you will ever consume likely originated in a forest," she quipped back as her fingers busied themselves by isolating out some of those bits of root and rewrapping them separately. "You will continue to experience these small seizures over the next several days. The strength of the convulsions and the pain will lessen with each day. Today will be the most difficult for you."

With a wave of long, metallic nails she motioned towards the 'seeds' resting in Eva's palm. "Those will help you sleep at night and ensure the healing continues on course. One per evening will suffice. Simply swallow them with a cup full of water. The water will assist with the release, so do not skimp."

Carefully those dark talons tied off the second small wrapping of roots and she offered them to the halfling. "Throughout the day, and particularly for the next several hours, you will feel the worse of it. When the wave hits, grip onto something to brace yourself and slip one of these beneath your tongue. Do not use more than one every hour or so, or the properties will send you off to sleep."

Her pale stare watched as the halfling processed all of this information and waited for any questions that she doubted would come. After another moment, those accented tones returned. "Your companions have reached their destination. It is likely they will seek magical healing assistance from an ... inhabitant of the Kae'drynn's tower. I would advise you to refuse any such offerings. Unpleasant as it might seem, the methods being used to recover your health as we speak are actually less traumatic on your body than any healing that creature could provide."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm
Urban Thorne
"...If you do not object, Lady Ash... How much attention have you been paying to the goings-ons of late? I find it very surprising that of all those involved, you knew the people of my group well enough to know by name who was missing..."

User Image

User ImageThe angel had been listening to the recount of Evalin's many injuries with furrowed brow. Hopefully the girl wasn't in too much pain. In a strange kind of way, Ash was almost grateful that it was Eva who had sustained the injuries. Or more accurately, she was grateful that it was not Asmyrra who had taken the blow. The angel doubted very much that the blue-tinted Elf had fully recovered from her previous wounds, and she wasn't sure how much more the commander's poor body could take. Besides, finding that arrow with the Cathedral colours...

Johannes knew it was likely Uriel who had ordered the kill. For all of Gabriel's flaws, he was not a murderer. The Archangel might attempt to send Asmyrra away or separate them permanently, but even in his jealously Johannes could not being himself to believe that Gabriel would actually go for the kill. Uriel was different. He had always been different. Losing so many of their Brethren during the Dragon Wars had changed him. The Sorceress Wars was entirely the Sin Eaters doing. And now this? There was only one member of the Cathedral that Johannes had not personally vetted that traveled with them now. As much as he didn't want to admit it all signs pointed to the halfling. And if she was Uriel's assassin, Ash needed some time with her. It was dangerous. Should the girl run off to Uriel with information of her existence all hell would break loose. Still... of anyone here, Ash certainly had the best chance of making the girl see the truth behind the actions of the celestial masters.

Was it a gamble she was prepared to make? How could she reveal those truths to Eva, and yet keep them from Asmyrra and Ky? Ugh... why must things be so complicated???

Quickly becoming lost in her own thoughts again, Ash barely registered the question poised by the woman walking beside her. How did she know...?

Realisation snapped her back into reality and she desperately resisted the urge to openly cringe. This was what she should really be concerned with. The issue was not whether she was comfortable telling them the truth. The issue was if she could keep her big mouth shut long enough to conceal it! What a dunderhead she was!

"I... that is..." began the hesitant reply. She wasn't used to keeping things from Asmyrra. The whole experience of meeting her here had taken the angel off guard. With a sigh she resigned herself to the consequences of her own folly.

"Johannes and I are in constant communication," she explained quietly. "I knew your group was traveling, though I had no idea how you ended up here."

And boy, was that the truth...

Cheshiyre
Crew

Talise Anora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:40 pm
User Image
User ImageAfter seeing the two young ladies to their room, Nae Nae heads back to the kitchen to gather something warm for them to eat. She ladels up two bowls of stew and a couple mugs of hot cider. Remembering how droopy thehuman looking one appeared, she tips a small amount of firewine into the cider to help the poor dear sleep. Satisfied with their repast, she shuffles out and back towards their room. This time she takes the backways to their quarters, a more direct route from the kitchen, just in case sleep threatens to overtake them before they get their dinner.

It is only the young gypsy that meets her at their door. The kind hearted, if not a bit impish, looking girl gives Nae a sincere thank you as she disappears back into the room with their food. Nae decides she likes her and smiles pleasantly in return before heading back down the corridor the other direction, hoping she might catch sight of Cyrillia and their other human guest.

With how long she was gone, it surprises her when she spots the two of them standing in the hallway. She would have thought Cyrillia would be back in the kitchen by now prepping him something to eat. It isn't until she gets closer to them that the thought strikes her that they might be socializing. Too close not to be noticed and too far to turn back, she kicks herself a little for her possible discourtesy.

"Cyrillia.. and Sir.." she greets them politely with a small curtsey. "Had you decided if supper was desired? I've already seen to your companions. I can assure you they are resting comfortably."

I am a leaf on the wind...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky was just about to respond to Cyrillia with an affirmative when the apprentice in question found them first. He smiles kindly at her manners and prompt action in seeing to his companions.

The young man notices the difference in demeanor between the two Elfin maidens. Cyrillia seemed to be sheltered and naive, whereas the other young miss seemed more sure of herself and a bit more experienced in the ways of the world. It wasn't that difficult to him. He felt he was a good judge of character despite what some others might say.

He returned the curtsy with a small bow and replied, "I am glad to see they have been in such capable hands. If it is no trouble I would appreciate a meal for myself before I take post. Before that, though, I would ask for a moment of your time to apologize. My earlier behavior was unbecoming a knight. I am deeply sorry for seemingly ignoring you while we were being offered vastly undeserved hospitality. First impressions are the most important, and I am afraid I have failed in that regard."

"In the spirit of peace, and good will, I beg your forgiveness and ask for the name of the young lady that stands before me."
He then placed a fist behind his back, and a fist behind his belt. He bowed deeply, then rose while locking his sapphire eyes to her chocolate ones.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:05 am
Cheshiyre
"Johannes and I are in constant communication," she explained quietly. "I knew your group was traveling, though I had no idea how you ended up here."

User Image

User ImageAsmyrra was not entirely sure the words the woman walking next to her offered were believable... The hesitation, the false-start of the reply. Something whispered in the back of her mind that there was more of an answer to her question than that. Especially with the lack of query about where their compatriot was laying in wait. These mountains were hardly the sort of place one could leave a gravely wounded person unattended, after all...

But how did one call an Angel to task for not being entirely honest?

Instead of pursuing that line of thought, Asmyrra shook her head softly, mentally redirecting herself. Rather than focusing on those concerns (and why she was allowing her mind to wander from them, instead of following through with her usual persistence), she began arranging the details in her mind of how to bring the Lady up to speed. After all, she would probably be able to carry word back to Johannes much faster than even the dark knight would have managed... Assuming he actually followed that course of action, that is.

"Lord Johannes was right to insist on sending the Gypsy woman who'd come to the camp with us, it seems. Talise had contacts with a strange inventor who had somehow managed to shape a craft that sails the winds. It is only through that intervention that we have arrived in these lands so quickly," she stated quietly, a little bit of the awe she felt regarding that ship creeping back into that purring soprano. "It does not seem to have a terribly large amount of space on it, but... This trip would have taken over two weeks by horse. That ship covered the distance in a single day of hurried flight."

Shaking her head in wonder, Asmyrra allowed a rueful laugh to escape as she continued. "It seemed almost ironic that we strayed into the lands shaped by the war between humans and dragons, and the technology the humans wielded. That ship could easily fit into the ancient stories from those times... Tell me, did they have anything of that sort back in those days," she eventually asked, aiming a curious gaze at the pale beauty beside her...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:43 pm
BeaMichelle

Emerald eyes peeked over to the redhead. A small smile of appreciation curled the corners of her lips. "I dinnae wha' I'd do withou' ye."

User Image

User ImageA wry grin spread over the redhead's face and she swung her satchel strap over her shoulder. "Eh, ye'd be in a lot more pieces, tha's fer sure," she responded back playfully. "As far as yer where'bouts tonight tho, tha's up to you. Ye always be welcome at me table but if ye be want'in to brave the repast bein' fed to yer clan, ye be my guest. I could pro'lly even give ye sum'tin for the indigestion tha'd come later."

"Just be stay'in away from the salmon mousse. I dun 'ave anythin' tha' could bring ye back from death," she added with a grin. Pulling her hood up, she snatched one of the dead curled branches from the ground. Raising it aloft like a scythe, she stalked up upon Kari like the Grim Reaper.

"Brawr!"

Cheshiyre
Crew

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 am
User Image

User Image

Kari laughted whole heartedly. The image of her wide eyed, fire topped friend coming to claim the souls of the dead struck her as hilarious. She forcebly slowed her laugh and smirked at Molly with a shake of her head. "I can't say no ta tha'. Lead the way, wee death."

The guardian gave one last look at the fallen tree and the giant that lay beneath it. She made a point not to let that moment slide into the nethers of her memory. Something strange intervened. She intended to get answers. At that momet, though, it was time to relax after a victory well earned.

Satisfied that there were no more dangers to be had, she finally put away her blade. As much as she enjoyed protected her fellow clansmen, she revelled in the fruits of her labor. She adored every one of them. Be they family, friends, acquantences, or even rivals. Spending an evening among her people made every dislocated shoulder worth while.

Kari then caught sight of another from her clan. She whistled sharply to get his attention. Once she had confirmed he'd seen her she waved and pointed at Molly. The other guardian gave her a look that would suggest envy. Kari only grinned with smug satisfaction. The Whipple's never cut corners on a meal. He knew his shield sister would be eating like a noble tonight. She knew he knew, and that gave her a warm fuzzy feeling.

"So tell me, wha' are we to be havin' fer supper?" Kari inquired, her mouth already salivating from the mere memories of Whipple meals long past.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm
BeaMichelle

Kari laughted whole heartedly. The image of her wide eyed, fire topped friend coming to claim the souls of the dead struck her as hilarious. She forcebly slowed her laugh and smirked at Molly with a shake of her head. "I can't say no ta tha'. Lead the way, wee death."

"So tell me, wha' are we to be havin' fer supper?" Kari inquired, her mouth already salivating from the mere memories of Whipple meals long past.

User Image

User ImageWith a smirk, the 'wee death' grasped her makeshift scythe and drudged through the underbrush. Although her family was well known and established among the clans, their infamy was mostly due to their nomadic tendencies. Molly had kin spread throughout other villages, but as the only Whipple in this area she had established herself a nice hideaway deep within the forest. In design she had decided to forgo the traditional approach to clansmen architecture and instead went full hobbit hole. And it was that lovely little home, buried into the base of a hill with overgrowth threatening to consume the entrance and windows at any moment, that Kari was lead to now.

Four Leaf had known Molly just about her entire life, and although at first glance there seemed a almost a decade in age difference between them, Kari could still remember playing with her dearest friend as wee kinder along the mossy trails where they had met. During that lifelong friendship, Kari had come to understand Firefly's strange use of vocabulary that could almost classify as a coded language of its own.

"Well, I've 'ad a good broth simmerin' for 'bout a week now. Naught anyth'n special. Jus a few pounds o' curried virgin flesh. Tossed in some rabbit suicides..." glances back reassuringly, "but only the tender bits an' some roots an' tubers fer colour. Shou'd be near'n ready by now."

Virgin flesh referred to the meat of young lambs, probably bartered for her services. Rabbit suicides were, of course, the unfortunate furry hoppers that dared to enter her private herb garden. Curry was hard to come by for the Clansmen as it could only be traded into circulation from the desert merchants. Molly, however, always seemed to have a steady supply.

Cheshiyre
Crew

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 pm
Cheshiyre
"Simply swallow them with a cup full of water. The water will assist with the release, so do not skimp."

User Image
User Image
Never mistake tears for sadness...

Eva could not help but smile at the mild admonishment. "Yes ma'am," she said meekly, lowering her gaze. The instrucstions she listened to in silence, rolling the words over in her head. One seed at night, lots of water, roots for the pain. Not so difficult. Still weird, but the effectiveness of these 'bits of forest' had already been proven.

"I don't think I will be bracing myself so much as writhing in pain. Maybe cursing a little when I've the breath to do so."

The seeds were replaced in their bundle and tied close. With her luck of late. Eva would lose them. The thought made her grimace. Well, wouldn't that be brilliant? Of course, it did her no good to worry about what ifs but then her mind seemed set on brooding no matter what the topic. Eva had never thought of herself as melancholy before. Maybe it was the pain that was doing it. A pang made her wince, a quiet gasp escaping her lips. But there was no lasting wave. Breathing out slowly, Eva relaxed again. She had a little more time, it seemed.

Eva laughed softly in amusement. A diet of twigs was better healing than another could offer? Still, she believed the witch. Eva could sit up now. Could probably walk some, too, though not far or for long. If this was the worst of it, she could manage. Somehow she would make it home. There was a way out of this mess of doubt and uncertainty; a way back to simple, straight forward missions. That would be a blessing, indeed.

As for refusing the offer of help... well, Evalin was not known for her tact. Hopefully this stranger would not be easily offended. It seemed ironic that the witch would refer to anyone as a 'creature' but the idea of any kind of healing being traumatic intrigued her more than the witch's use of a near insult.

"Is it because of what I am, then? I had always wondered if my... heritage made some difference. More organs or something. Spares could be useful. Or are they incompetant?"

It raised the question of how bad off she had been, a question Eva did not want answering. She felt it in the pain that assaulted her, in the timeless interlude she had spent in a drugged sleep. It had been bad enough, and at the hands of the Order. There was that darkness again. She felt incapable of escaping it and perhaps she never would.

...that will only bring you grief.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm
Thaedrian

As for refusing the offer of help... well, Evalin was not known for her tact. Hopefully this stranger would not be easily offended. It seemed ironic that the witch would refer to anyone as a 'creature' but the idea of any kind of healing being traumatic intrigued her more than the witch's use of a near insult.

"Is it because of what I am, then? I had always wondered if my... heritage made some difference. More organs or something. Spares could be useful. Or are they incompetant?"

User Image

User ImageA faint lifting at the corners of her lips was probably the closest she would ever come to smirking in the presence of a stranger. However, those colourless eyes danced with dark amusement in response to the frank inquiry. Memories of recent events at the tower passed through her mind.

"The best of intentions perhaps, but incompetence nonetheless," comes the lightly humoured reply. "And no, your heritage is of little consequence regarding the way your body recovers. I'm afraid you've no 'parts' to spare."

That crystalline gaze settled on the halfling's face once more. She was not what the witch had expected, and certainly not your run-of-the-mill Sin Eater drone. Iris was starting to wonder why she was even chosen for this task. Could it be due to her lack of devotion? The usual mindless angel devouts were borderline fanatic in their loyalty and desire to please. If the hit on this sorceress was from the highest order, surely they would have sent one of those to accomplish the deed.

Perhaps... it was not a request from their leader... Perhaps the Sin Eater had decided to take matters into his own hands.

Suddenly everything made sense. Of course he did not choose one of their devotees. The near fanatics were likely well known within the Order and closely watched. It would be the only way to keep them under control. No, he would pick someone who the others would not notice missing. Someone who would follow orders without question, then fade back into obscurity once the mission was complete. Someone who could let it go if they failed, thus negating the need to end their life to secure secrecy.

The theory was sound but the fact remained that, fanatic or not, the halfling would soon be privy to information that could bring the Order right to the Kae'dryn's doorstep. Any mirth from the previous bantering faded from her eyes and her features returned to a more serious expression. Her thoughts drifted to Relm and other secrets secured within that tower that had come to mean so much to the witch. The magi undoubtedly had her reasons for concealing the continued existence of the female angel all of these years. As unimpressed as she was with the creature, if it was important to Relm it had weight with Iris.

"This... inhabitant you will meet... she may be of some interest to your Order. However for the sake of their safety and hers, I would ask that you... forget... to include her in your report upon your return. Although she is of no interest to me personally, she is likely under the protection of the Kae'dryn. It would be... unwise... for the Order to interfere." The softened tone was gone. Though subtle, there was no mistaking the warning laced within her words.

Cheshiyre
Crew

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm
User Image

User Image
Kari ducked her head as she entered the domicile of her wee friend. The woman, who stood just a few inches shy of six feet, had hit a growth spurt early in her childhood. Her physique wasn't all that different from the majority of women in her region. Full figured, stout, and well muscled. This led to many a scrap when they were young. Kari had zero tolerance when it came to someone messing with her Firefly.

Those days were long past. Now it was the diminutive Molly that was looking after the battle hardened Kari. Four Leaf dropped her equipment in the usual corner of Molly's sitting room. As many times as she'd had her arm in a sling one would think her a propper expert at disarming with one arm. She then went directly into the kitchen to see if she could help (or rather steal a taste of the heavinly aromad broth).

Kari hovered around the pot while keeping Molly in the corner of her eye, waiting for a chance. "Smells divine, love. I dun s'pose ye have a brew tha' won' git me head playin' fun wit' me eyes." she asked while scooting toward a stray stir spoon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm
Cheshiyre
"This... inhabitant you will meet... she may be of some interest to your Order. However for the sake of their safety and hers, I would ask that you... forget... to include her in your report upon your return. Although she is of no interest to me personally, she is likely under the protection of the Kae'dryn. It would be... unwise... for the Order to interfere."

User Image
User Image

"You're asking me to trust you over the Order. To... to lie."

It was half question, half incredulous statement. Eva had accepted the witch's help when it was only her life to consider. If she had died, well, that would have been an acceptable risk. Eva had been dying from her wounds, anyway. Now, however, the witch was asking her to potentially endanger the entire Order. Eva didn't know what this creature was or who the Kae'dryn was to the Order. Asked to accept something on blind faith... it stank of the zealous priests who had made Eva's life a living hell as a child.

Uriel answering her questions, addressing her fears... well, it had been why she had agreed to posing as a new recruit without hesitation. He hadn't asked her to be a mindless sycophant, to go against every instinct. Now a stranger was asking her to do just that. Perhaps the witch thought Eva was indebted to her now, for the healing and the medicine. She felt cold suddenly. This was the price of consorting with heretics, it seemed. Eva would not betray her faith. Gathering the bundles of herbs in her hand, she held them out to the witch.

"If that is the cost of your help, I do not want it."

It was then, of course, that the next wave hit. The bundles fell to the floor as the spasm caused her to lurch forward, hand clawing at her chest. Biting down on a corner of the blanket, Eva choked back the scream. This is the worst of it. It will pass. And it did, though not soon enough for her tastes. Well, she could survive this pain. Perhaps it would be her penitence, Eva's punishment for her actions. So be it. Her breath returned, the pain fading, she pushed herself upright and turned towards the witch.

"It is as much a lie to omit the truth as it is to speak an outright falsehood."

Her hands were trembling, though she keep a tight hold on her anger. Even if it had been out of a need for leverage, the witch had saved her life. And what a tangle that had turned into.

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:44 pm
Thaedrian

"If that is the cost of your help, I do not want it."

User Image

User ImageThe witch watched the play of emotions course over the halfling's face as she absorbed Iris's warning. The girl, predictably, took the message entirely the wrong way and the witch could not help but chide herself for expecting for anything different. No matter how reasonable her patient had seemed she was still a child of the Order.

And Iris was just a heretic. Nameless. Faceless. Inconsequential.

Her features retreated into that apathetic mask she usually adorned for the unfamiliar and unwelcome. Colourless orbs drifted away from the other woman's face and over her extended hand. As the next wave tore through the halfling's body, the fist tightened around the bundle of relief, stubbornly refusing whatever perceived weakness would be found by simply accepting the aid. Well trained ears could hear the faint sounds of liquids churning within the suffering woman's body as damaged tissue reformed, readjusted and pushed their way back into their proper place. Mentally she estimated how many of these seizures had shaken the girl over the short span of time Iris had sat with her. Using these calculations and knowing the extent of the injuries, the witch suspected the worst of them had yet to surface. If the girl slept soon, she might be able to weather out the harshest blows during the night. The ebony hued woman waited patiently until the halfing was on her way to slowing her breath to a normal tempo.

"There is no price for my assistance," that accented tone came quiet and steady, unmoved by the moral admonishment. "You will do as you must. But pray, include the warning in your report. Although you may not understand the danger in threatening the Kae'dryn, your masters surely will. Let them decide for themselves if they wish to court death. It would not be the first time their lives were spared because one kind heart attempted to shield them from their own folly."

Rising from her seat on the crate beside the hammock, the witch bundles her satchel and, with briefly murmured words, the bag shrinks till almost imperceptive against her palm. "And you might make a point to deliver your report personally to one of the white wings yourself," she added absently as silent steps directed her towards the door. "Angels with blackened feathers... they create their own truths."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 pm
Cheshiyre
"And you might make a point to deliver your report personally to one of the white wings yourself," she added absently as silent steps directed her towards the door. "Angels with blackened feathers... they create their own truths."

User Image
User Image

There was a pang of guilt as Eva watched the mask slide into place. It was a familiar sensation. Saying she lacked tact was an understatement, really, and this was not the first or even the hundredth time she had felt regret over something she had said. There had been a moment... well, it was gone now and they were back to being uneasy allies. As it should be.

Then her assumption was proven wrong and the guilt twisted in her stomach. If only one could disappear when they wanted... Eva had been left with no protocol to cling to, no words of rout to murmur. She had no idea how to deal with this woman and it left her stumbling. So Eva had insulted her when she had only been... damn damn damn.

Jaw clenched, she merely shook her head mutely at that last jab at Uriel. Whatever there was between the witch and the Angel, Eva trusted him. Sighing, she pushed her hair back with her free hand, brow furrowed.

"I will... warn them. Gabriel and Uriel."

It was a little petty, perhaps, but it was a point she wanted to make. Then she was staring at her hands, scarred and callused. Which regret would pain her more? Well, that was a simple question to answer, really. Shame coloring her cheeks, she could not quite manage to look directly at the witch. Hands bunching up the sheets, she managed to speak past the lump in her throat and utter a soft "I'm sorry."

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:24 pm
Urban Thorne

"Lord Johannes was right to insist on sending the Gypsy woman who'd come to the camp with us, it seems. Talise had contacts with a strange inventor who had somehow managed to shape a craft that sails the winds. It is only through that intervention that we have arrived in these lands so quickly. It does not seem to have a terribly large amount of space on it, but... This trip would have taken over two weeks by horse. That ship covered the distance in a single day of hurried flight."

User Image

User ImageSo that was how they got up here so quickly! A ship that can sail on the winds? A flying vessel? How did it get through the Blasted Lands? Somehow it managed to survive the same skies that had claimed so many dragons? Craziness! And the gypsy lass brought this about? Surely Relm must have heard about this mechanical wonder. Why had she never mentioned it to Ash? Maybe because she had been absent for the last several decades...

Oh yeah... A pang of guilt threatened to clamp down on her heart, but she gently pushed it away. Still unsure how the feat would be accomplished, the angel was nonetheless determined to make it up to her dearest friend.

Somehow.

"It seemed almost ironic that we strayed into the lands shaped by the war between humans and dragons, and the technology the humans wielded. That ship could easily fit into the ancient stories from those times... Tell me, did they have anything of that sort back in those days?"

"Oh good heavens, no!" laughed the incredulous angel. "If anyone were prone to come up with such inventions, it would certainly have been the Dwarves. And you can imagine that would have been highly unlikely. They hold some pretty powerful attachments to the ground. I'm sure Relm knows something about it. She's been keeping track of things while I..."

The sentence dropped off as the path they were following crested around the cliff wall and azure eyes fell upon the small merchant style sailing ship resting at the lake's shore. From this distance it did not seem much different than any other merchant vessel, with the exception that there was no physical method it could have traveled in order to settle on these waters. Many, many years with the ancient magi had taught Ash never to underestimate the wonders that could be found within subtle wrapping. Excitement bubbled in her chest and she broke into a soft trot. "Is this it?" she called back, her enthusiasm further lightening her tone.

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff