Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monster High - Where the ghoul kids rule!

Back to Guilds

An original character roleplay guild set in the world of Monster High! 

Tags: Monster High, Dolls, RPing, Webisodes, Frankie Stein 

Reply Monster High
OOC (out of character) thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atomica Servo

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:47 pm
Also, sorry for my slowness in replying today. Work has been very busy and I won't be back online until later tonight to cap off Team Atomica vs. Team Robecca.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:16 pm
Thanks for the clarification on the first day of school, I was beginning to wonder when that will happen.  

Dashner Hawke

Glen da West

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 am
Since I'm waiting to post for Glen, I thought Id do a little something for the NPCs in the race.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm
Bahahaha, 35 showers.  

Dashner Hawke

Glen da West

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 am
Oops! Sorry. I posted right after HH did so I deleted mine.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:30 am
School is officially in session!

One thing I do want to address before we get too entrenched in the first school day is to mention that we are going to follow monster high movie/webisode continuity as best we can. That means, while we are roleplaying, 13 Wishes is happening to the canon characters. So it is best to tread lightly on interacting with canon characters until we've seen the special and know what happens to the kids on their adventure into the new year.

In cases where our continuity clashes with canon continuity, generally we're going to lean towards canon because it's going to be easier to remember and it won't require new people who join in to suddenly learn a bunch of revised hiss-tory.  

HH Bloodgood
Captain

Batilda MH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 am
Is there an extra spot in the dooms Batilda could stay in, possibly? I'm just getting back from a weekend away so I'm tired and I probably won't be posting for a couple days. I am aware that I missed sign ups so that's why I ask. Thanks! (:  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:40 am
There is an open spot for you, Batilda! You will be rooming with Marceline LaGhede and Anne Arctica. They've already moved in, of course, but there is still plenty of space and a third bed waiting for you.  

HH Bloodgood
Captain

Batilda MH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 am
Great, thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 am
Oh dear, so is there no rooms left for the ghouls?  

Dashner Hawke

HH Bloodgood
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 am
Attention SKRM team students!

For those of you who tried out for the SKRM team in the Catacombs thread, it is being left up to you to decide which team you made it on, if you made it at all. The canon characters have already been assigned, but it's up to the OC handlers to pick for themselves.

Already two OCs have decided their placements for themselves; Atomica Servo (B Team) and Glen da West (A Team).

All we need now is to hear from the remainder of the tryouts.

Here are the assignments as we have them:

Team Captain:
Robecca Steam

A Team:
Abbey Bominable
Heath Burns
Operetta
Rochelle Goyle
Deuce Gorgon
Lagoona Blue
Glen da West

B Team:
Jinafire Long
Bram DeVein
Manny Taur
Ryder
Gil Webber
Atomica Servo

Didn't Make the Cut:
Hoodoo Voodoo (too much of a hazard to his own teammates)

Now we just need to hear from;

Marceline LaGhede
Meme Pennywise
Anne Arctica
Nero de Sphynx  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:08 pm
I have a "I'm not American and have no idea how american high school works" question re: class schedules.

Ok, so presumably at this point they have their "option" classes yes? Like the UK GCSEs where we have the core subjects like math and english and then option subjects like art/drama geography/history a tech and a language? But how are those options divided up? how many subjects do students take overall? (in the uk it's between 9 and 11 depending on the school at GCSE age) and do they only have options within small areas (like they can only take one art and one social science, or one technology)
I've searched online but alas, can't seem to find a real answer to how us schooling works in terms of subjects/options.

I'm so lost and confused! Am i seriously the only one?

But yeah, gms, some clarification of how to build our character's class schedules would be awesome because right now I cannot even begin to figure out what subjects my character CAN take, what they HAVE to take whether they want to or not, and what class they should be in at any given time.
Would it not be really super helpful for an actual official schedule to exist so everyone is on the same page about where and when say, chop class is on any given day, and whether they have first period art or dead languages say?

That way all characters would know where they were meant to be and be able to toodle off to class and begin interacting with their classmates.
Same obviously goes for clubs and when and where those meet but a few of those have already been covered I think. Still, schedules and clarification of how to decide on subjects would be extremely helpful to those of us who aren't American and have never experienced the US education system.

Cheers guys.  

Ronan Aalto

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 pm
Overall, you're overthinking things. Giving characters explicit schedules is going to be limiting and we're not going to be roleplaying entire school days. However, here's a brief overview of how it works for the sake of this rp.

8 periods in a day. Cornertomb classes are daily. Electives take place every other day.

Cornertomb classes (everyone has to take at least one semester of these):

Mad Science (I, II, III, IV)
Clawculus (or other math analogue like Trigular Calculometry) (I, II, III, IV)
Ancient Literature (I, II, III, IV)
Physical Deaducation

Essentially, your character can or will be taking these every semester they're in. You're free to slot them any time during the day, just remember if you agreed you're in class with someone else that your schedules should match up.

Electives

Dead Languages
Zombie 101 (this seems to be separate from Dead Languages)
Home Ick (sewing and cooking seem to be separate classes)
Art Class (various different specialties)
Phot-ogrephy
Ge-ogrephy
Study Howl (only one of these allowed per semester)
Drama
Dragonomics
any class listed on kids favorite/least favorite class I've forgotten
any class you wish to make up

4 morning periods of 45 minutes, then lunch and a free 15 minute period where kids with licenses can leave campus and return ("Deuce has agreed to buy us all smoothies!"), then 4 afternoon periods of 45 minutes. Kids go to Homedoom every other day. (We'll call them black days and pink days, I guess)

When in doubt, make it up. There's no need to be over-regimented because if we do, we'll be roleplaying one day for months.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 pm
This would also be very helpful information for me too!
I was worried about it, and thought using the generic 'and then they went to class la dee da' would get old quick haha.  

Ascreama Poweurgh

Ronan Aalto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 pm
Yeah, it'd be helpful to know who was in classes together so for that I need only to know how many subjects I have to fill a schedule with, write down that many subjects and voila. Though at this point I still have very little idea who's in the same classes if they just say "goes to class"

I'm prone to overthinking things, but more, I feel like the flip side is equally as limiting.
Class projects for instance, ill behaved interactions and note passing in class (lol), whining about how much you dislike such and such a teacher/subject becomes difficult when you don't know who's in your elective with you because it's never been mentioned in the RP.

So if there's 8 periods, do you only do one of each numbered core subject? Like, you do Mad science I then next term is ii?
Would you always start with class I if just starting a subject or what? What is the number, or in this case, numeral, related to? Do characters take ONE clawculus class or can they take say Physical deaducation I and II simultaniously? Basically, do you have to do I before you can do II and II before you can do III?

if they have to do 4 core subjects, that means at most 4 electives yes? Are there restrictions on how many "soft" subjects they can take or is it just whatever you want to do from a list? (I had one school that allowed me to do Drama AND art, another wouldn't allow two art subjects and forced me to drop Drama and take up Geography instead because they didn't like two "soft" subjects on my schedule)  
Monster High

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff