Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<A> Mirage (G, A, C, X, T) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm
User Image"That is a good idea." Cosine replied, looking at the Numberss on the cards and listening to what they told her. Glyph's request however would not have a simple answer. What could she leave as a gift? Number was not always tangible and of course its representation differed from culture to culture.
Perhaps she could leave a symbol of somekind. Something to represent hope.

"I don't think we're too off course." She delcared, looking up at the sun and breathing the warm air in deeply. "I think I will leave a symbol of some kind. Something to represent number and hope.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:18 pm
At Glyph's question, Ankou turned thoughtful. What could he leave, really ? There was little he could do to help bolster the revival of the land itself - it was far outside his own realm of influence.

Unless...

Hm.

"I could try to make more soul paths." He pondered. Making that emergency one had not been easy, but if he could do it again... "It would mark this place as sacred, perhaps... Or at the very least allows for the circle of death and rebirth to be able to go on uninterrupted. If the souls do not have to find and then travel down the World Tree, they will get to the Underworld faster." And from there, be judged and sent to rebirth, whatever it was that would be the outcome.

"This world is more or less disconnected from the other worlds, beside being connected to Yggdrasil. I am uncertain if it was always like this, or if something happened."

If something had happened, then what ? He had no idea.

Still, he 'accidentally' spilled more water on Glyph while moving to cap off the gourd he was holding.

"That is a nice idea." He leaned into the touch, and into the kiss in turn. He ended up half-laying into the water in the process, but the dragon certainly did not mind. Sleep would come easily tonight - while not quite worn ragged, it was obvious that drawing out this water a tired him out a great deal.

For now, through, he could certainly enjoy the rest and the conversation. "Maybe... We could leave offering wherever we do stop ? If that is possible... Make a trail, of sort, that others would be able to follow ?"

He would need to make more wellsprings, at any rate. Why not having it be even more meaningful at the same time ?

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 pm
User Image

Tien had continued on with her task while they talked, looking thoughtful. She had a similar problem to Cosine; Trickery in itself was not really a tangible thing. Though she would have to think of something tangible for this. Ankou's thoughts of making something gave her an idea. "A small challenge of some sort...a puzzle maybe?" Something they would not see the truth of until it was done. It could provide a lesson or a story for whoever found it to interpret for themselves once they had solved it.

"That idea sounds promising, Xun." It would be something interesting for mortals to find if anyone ever settled hear again once it was more habitable.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 pm
User Image "A symbol?" Glyph echoed, nodding thoughtfully. He didn't actually know any of the others' symbols... they each had their calling cards, true enough, but it surprised him that when the topic came up their symbols of power were so unknown to him. That would need to be addressed, certainly.... and it brought up the question of his own symbols. It seemed obvious to him, at a casual glance, but their symbols were part of their identity and he hadn't really put much effort into making an icon of his existence, taking for granted what identification there was. Unless he personally wanted to circle the multiverse continually, a personal symbol would be rather useful. Something to set him apart from Ages past while he connected himself to the future.

He puffed out his cheeks as the list of things lost grew ever larger before him. A God he was but he lacked solid, focused cults, identification... the things that truly made the divine powerful. It was a sobering thought that he must reforge these ties or else suffer death again.

His gaze grew distant as he considered that... reborn as he was, he still lacked much that made him strong. What for those who had not yet had a chance to rebuild their cults? Like Forge... hosted twice and fallen thrice, how much of her would be left? It made him visibly shudder, the hand on Xun's snout clenching unconsciously.

Lost in his own thoughts while the others spoke, it was Tien's voice that drew him out of his reverie and he blinked, having caught only the last few words from Tien. "A puzzle? Like your puzzle ring?" He hesitated a moment, inhaling deeply, and smiled as he cleared his thoughts away to focus on the here and now, "Perhaps if we told our journey's story... and the things we learned? If they solved your puzzle, Tien, they would be worthy of knowing it?"

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm
User Image"I think that is an excellent idea Xun." Cosine leaned her arms on her knees and watched the dragon as he moved about. "A scroll perhaps? You said you had parchment Glyph? I could copy what I have written so far." It would be very good to leave behind some kind of legacy. After all, they were not only here to retrieve a god. It was their duty to aid the ailing world as much as they could. "If we leave each stage of the story at a different site it could become a pilgrimage. And aid forge too. It will be her story also." She paused and looked thoughtfully into the distance. "Ankou, you should check the mirror again. I wonder ... I wonder if she might have a little more strength now that we are looking for her. Acknowledgement is acknowledgement after all."  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm
"That is a good idea... If they manage to figure out the puzzle, then they get the treasure..." Perhaps not the kind of treasure one might expect, but knowledge was certainly precious in it's own right.

"It may indeed help her... And I will look soon." He nodded to Cosine. "I need to find the trail again, at any rate. I should be able to tell if the feel of her mana is stronger or not." Unless it was only a very subtle change, that is.

For now, through, Ankou seemed content enough will letting the wisps think he was their personal jungle gym. Some of the little spirits had wandered away back to the oak Glyph had planted, but a great number of them still clung to the Spirit Guide.

Even if Glyph's hand had not tightened it's hold, he would have been very well aware that something was suddenly on his mind. The distance in his gaze, the puffed cheeks... Little telltale signs he had learned to read very well now. The clenching was not enough to hurt him, his scales forming a protective barrier, but his gaze lingered on his lover.

For now, however, he said nothing. If Glyph wanted to speak of it publicly, the dragon knew that he would do so without needing any prompting. If not, then... That would be something to ask about later on, when the others were either asleep or otherwise occupied. He had noticed Ankou did not sleep, but the dragon has also noticed that the Spirit Guide allowed himself to more or less completely space out when he thought no one else was watching, so that worked about as well.

After all, if he was supposed to talk and share his worries, it would be the same this other way around. For now, through, he butted Glyph's hand away a bit to settle his head in Forest's lap, much like an overgrown, scaly house cat. "What kind of puzzles do you have in mind ?" He asked Tien, curious to see what Trickery had plotted.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:50 pm
User Image "For those who might seek to follow our pilgrimage, a story seems like the perfect sort of treasure." Scholars or believers struck her as the type that would be interested in this sort of thing. Maybe even an adventurous explorer or two. Most folk would likely not be interested until the planet was a bit more hospitable again.

At the question of what sort of puzzle she fell silent, pondering on her choices. It would have to be something simple and small; she could not make anything too complex, yet anyway. Ah ha! The idea was more complex than anything she had ever tried to fashion before, but it might be possible if she had the time to work on it. "A puzzlebox, maybe, if I can manage it. A nice challenge and it can serve as protection for the story scrolls."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 am
User Image Glyph blinked when Xun butted his hands out of the way and stuck his face in his lap, causing the Forest god to laugh softly. Laying his hands over the other's head, he stroked the dragon while listening to everyone speak. "I do have parchment, it's in my pack, the story would be sufficient reward, I think. The tale from our own lips and hands, without the distortion of a mortal prophet." He liked the idea. They were, after all, gods... the True Gods. Their story and wisdom, regardless of their recent rebirths, was something of value.

Glyph nodded at Tien's decision, "A puzzle box then! That will serve us well. Do you need wood for such a thing or are you able to craft it yourself? We can each work on our tasks while we recover... it should not take me more then a few days to be good as new." He seemed a little sheepish at causing the delay but if they were going to construct their individual offerings for the mortals anyway... it overlapped nicely.

(can probably start to wind it to a close now~ 1 or 2 more posts each should suffice! )  

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 am
User ImageCosine liked this idea very much. A haven for those who came upon this world and perhaps a haven for the little spirits that had been drawn to them. At least until they were ready to move on.

Once she had the parchment from Glyph Cosine found herself a spot in the shade and like the others began to work on her task. Transcribing their journey so far in the neatest, flowing script she was capable of.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:41 pm
"Supplies should not be too hard to find... I can go look for some later, if you would like ?" He asked Tien. There were plenty of ruins and wreckage, so no shortage of material at all. Would that material work for Trickery's purposes, however, was something he was not certain of.

He would be glad to go on such a search, however, if only to get some alone time in. Not that his company was unpleasant, but the Spirit Guide was, more or less, a loner by nature.

The dragon let out a low, pleased rumble, and clearly did not look like he was going to move anytime soon. No, he perfectly liked his present location, thank you very much.

A puzzle box ? Something like the ring she owned ? That could be rather interesting... Not only as a concept but to see such a thing being made. Really, he looked forward to it... If Tien allowed him to watch.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 pm
User Image

"Wood to build the actual box, yes. I can make the actual puzzle myself." Though the puzzle would not last beyond the first time it was solved- it would vanish as if it had never been. Until she could manage something more permanent it would require her to return and remake the puzzles once they had been solved. It had the potential to be fun though, masquerade as a mortal and have fun with anyone brave enough to take this trip.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 am
User Image It wasn't long before they were each to their own task, it seemed, and he nodded to Tien, "I will give you the finest wood to work from tomorrow." Glyph smiled for her then turned his attention to Xun, petting the dragon with a soft expression as he let his thoughts drift and his awareness diffuse into the area, mentally cataloging the what seeds he could feel.

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers