Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 am
User Image

User Image
Long-lived as her race might be, it granted no exceptional endurance to the trials of the last half-week that the seemingly ill-fated group from the Iron Fist had faced. As such, the arrival at the lake found Asmyrra just as worn and travel-dirty as even the best of her compatriots. Weary gaze only gave a cursory look to the lake at first, her usually-sharp mind supplying it's own assumptions of what would... or perhaps more accurately would not... be present. Thus, those slanted violet eyes passed over the ship in the distance, instead focusing on placing one foot ahead and in front of the other...

That was quickly remedied, however, as the pace began to slow, and the tiny wooden dock was approached. Those same weary eyes glanced around once more, this time in slight confusion... and alighted upon the odd craft before them. Violet eyes widened in clear surprise as they began taking in the various details... She had seen, and even been on, a ship before. They were useful for traveling distances with some haste, and she had even braved the ocean waves once. But this... This ship was nothing like what she had encountered. The sails were all wrong, even the overall shape was odd to her eyes... Almost like it was too narrow. Even the hints of Kael'dorei construction tendencies couldn't sooth the sheer oddness of this vessel.

As Ky voiced his question, Asmyrra found herself oddly agreeing with his curiosity... And suddenly needing to suppress a question of her own: How did a ship like this end up in a lake so far from any river big enough to allow it passage...?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 am
User Image
User Image
A beautiful roaring scream, of joy and sorrow so extreme...

As they came in sight of the familiar wooden hull, the gravity of the situation really sank in with the little gypsy maid. Her gaze cast to their pilot, those observant orbs fully capable of measuring the unusually somber nature of her otherwise quirky traveling companion. This was her most precious possession, her greatest secret, her home and lively hood. Paranoid didn't even begin to describe the level of vigilance with which Domini guarded the vessel unveiling itself before them. And rightfully so. It was the only craft of its kind.

For the first time since the loss of her caravan, Talise felt a warmth radiate from her heart and through her chest. It was only Domini's great love for her that brought them here. She knew very well that the little tinkerer would wrap up port and skirt to the ends of the earth rather than volunteer this gift, even to save the planet from certain destruction. And yet here they were.

The sudden well of this positive emotion was almost enough to bring tears to those sapphire eyes. As they approach the ship in silence, Talise falls into place beside her friend and slips her fingers to intertwine with Domini's. Although too overcome to speak, she squeezed the other hand firmly and attempted to share a look with the tinkerer that relates her acknowledgement of this great sacrifice. She desperately hopes to be understood. There were simply no words for how very grateful she was. Not for the first time, the gypsy lass was reminded that this odd little woman beside her truly was the only family she has left.

It was not until the wooden planks creaked in protest beneath her feet that Talise finally broke her reverent silence. She noted with a small amount of pleasure the reaction the ship brought forward from their compatriots. The man didn't seem to fully grasp the magnificence of the vessel, but the commander appeared to have some idea. Or so she thinks, the gypsy mused inwardly. This thought coupled with the scent of cedar replenished her spirit and brought a smile to her lips.

"Where would you like me Captain?" she inquires, happy to once again resume her duties as first mate.

There is a love in me raging. A joyous, magical feeling...

Cheshiyre
Crew

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 pm
User Image
User ImageDomini couldn't help it... As the small group finally made it to the dock she had carefully built years ago, those mismatched eyes gazed up at the collection of ropes, wood, metal, and silk that had meant everything to her for most of her life, and tears began to form. Things would never be the same, once outsiders knew of this... There would be no safety, no escape. Word would spread far and fast that someone had challenged the space once claimed only by the dragons themselves...

And had succeeded in staying in those heights.

But as soft fingers slid into her own, those teary, mismatched eyes gazed to the dusky-hued companion at her side, and she returned Tali's gentle squeeze of her hand. Misadventure seemed to stalk Rosso, but she would never trade it away; After all, it was one of those very misadventures that introduced her to her beloved friend many years past, and similar misadventure that had caused her to disappear for a brief time among Tali's Gypsy caravan. The ship was indeed her most precious possession... but it wasn't everything that mattered in her life... Not anymore, at least.

Swallowing a bit of a hiccup, she slid her hand free of Talise's with an apologetic smile, and walked up to the sloped wooden hull. A single deft finger delved into a small hole right around shoulder height, and pulled out what looked like some kind of ash-smeared string. The other hand delved into one of the many pouches beneath her coat, and with a brief flurry of movement, a bright flash and flare of fire was brought to the string.

The string accepted the embrace of the fire at the end of the match with a sharp «TSsssssh», and the spark of fire seemed to race into the hole in the hull and vanish. Mere moments later, a sharp, though small, explosion reported into the night air from above, and a ladder composed of metal bars and chain links soared up over the railing, only to clatter down the side of the ship, coming to a stop near the waterline.

Flicking the wooden match away, Domini absently waved a hand in front of her nose, clearing some of the sulfur smell, before responding to her friend's quip. "Take inside, and... erm... Beds! Ham... ha--... er... Hammocks! Cargo hold has space, put them there. Rosso fix ship, get ready," she stated, reaching over to snag a rung of the ladder with a gloved hand.

As she set her feet into another rung, she paused, those mismatched eyes looking over the people accompanying her... She hoped they would understand what this meant. And what Tali's family meant to her, by extension... That family, and Talise herself, were the only reasons they were here. Those eyes finally came to rest on Ky, and a sad little smile crossed those pale features, the memory of how her precious ship acquired it's name drifting gently in her thoughts.

"She is called 'Forenya Sul'," she said quietly, the two words making up the name rolling softly off her tongue in an accent not entirely dissimilar to Asmyrra's, before turning and ascending the ladder. "...Means 'Northern Wind'..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky thought the name positively beautiful in either language. He saw the sadness in her smile and wondered what it was about the name of the ship that would cause such an expression in one normally so vivacious. He put that thought aside for the time being. The young knight returned her melancholy smile with an expression of admiration and gratitude. She didn't have to answer his question, but she was kind enough to oblige his curiosity. That counted for something in his book.

He waited until Domini was nearly halfway up the ladder before started his ascent. His boot slipped a bit on the first rung. If he hadn't had a solid grip he would've certainly taken a tumble. He cleared his throat as he blushed a bit. Embarrassing as that was, he composed himself and made the rest of the climb without incident.

Once he made his way onto the deck, Ky found himself speechless. He had never been on a boat before, but he had seen many. This one was surely one of a kind. "Oh my," he gasped "This truly is a marvel of engineering. You must be very proud, Lady Rosso."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 pm
Urban Thorne

As those chime-like words fade, the Kae'Dryn stepped back into the softly-lit interior of her personal quarters, a long-nailed hand quickly beckoning the winged woman inside...

User Image

User ImageFor a brief, startled moment the speckled winged angel hid behind her shield, inwardly cursing herself for being so careless. Of course she couldn't just waltz up to the tower and randomly tap on the door. How long had it been since she last made an appearance here? Decades at least!

What a mutton-headed dote she was...

However, her personal censure came to a crashing halt as that familiar crystalline accent voiced a rather legitimate warning. Quickly she slipped her shield above her head and darted passed the door frame to follow behind her old friend. Hooking one door with a foot and the other with her free hand, Ash hastily pulls the ornate glass entryway closed.

Even before she could turn around the alluring aroma of exotic teas and therapeutic bath salts divert her attention from the possible dangers outside. It was a scent that brought back memories of laughter, tears, long nights filled with frustrated venting and copious amounts of wine. A heartened smile curved her lips. This was one of the few places that could offer an outcast like herself refuge from the ills that both created and cursed her very existence.

"I see your evening routine hasn't changed much," Ash murmurs appreciatively, turning to face her dark-haired hostess as her shield falls quietly to rest at her side.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 am
User Image
User Image
A single thin brow arched at her old friend's quip, and it took a marginal effort on the ancient magi's part not to break into a smile. Sighing softly to herself, Relm offered a faintly rueful shake of her head as one long-nailed hand offered a dismissing wave. "You know me, my dear... Why resist being a creature of habit, when the habits are so enjoyable?"

Another sigh escaped the dark-haired sorceress, this one not nearly so rueful as she suddenly stepped forward, robed arms snaking around Ash and squeezing her within an inch or two of her life. Relm had no qualms about locking one of her observation orbs on the few people who mattered to her, but... The orb that had been watching Ash had been dark for so very long. It had become quite an effort on the magi's part not to contemplate whether Ash had disappeared with all the rest of the memories of the Arcane Wars. Nevermind the sudden rush of adrenaline that had flooded her when her window was tapped on, for this was a very worthwhile interruption to her usual nightly routine.

The crushing embrace lasted only a few long moments, however, before those thin arms loosened, and held the Angel at arm's length, angular features peering up at the pale woman with obvious worry warring with a small tinge of aggravation. "Speaking of habits, perhaps you can explain why I have become so accustomed to upstarts visiting my windowsill, rather than you, these last many years? No word, no letter, no explanation... I was starting to believe that I was the only one left who remembered the ancient days as they truly were... And the ancient people we used to be," she stated, her tone showing a touch of crossness, rather than the usual patience or unconcern her students were familiar with. If her long-lost companion remembered, she would know this sign; The magi was genuinely upset about her incredibly long absence...

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 am
User Image

User Image
Asmyrra had waited until her three companions had ascended the ladder, before following their path up onto the deck of the ship. Partially, that pause had been because her robe-like attire would impede her climbing, and she did not wish to delay them, but... Partially, it was also because she was still trying to reconcile the details her eyes were communicating to her.

However, the confusion was not lessened in the slightest once they were on the deck. Indeed, as Ky mentioned, the various objects visible up here seemed quite carefully and skillfully designed... The large (though short) mast in the center of the deck had some strange sort of glass chamber in the center of it, with various levers protruding from the wood and metal construct surrounding the glass. Similarly, forward of that mast, was a strangely equipped platform; Several levers on either side of the platform, as well as a number of winches with ropes disappearing off in the direction of the "sails". Cresting the center of the apparatus appeared to be a pedestal with some sort of grand compass and sextant mounted to it...

Combine all of these things with the other odd sorts of gearing, winches, and oddly-shaped other structures of iron, brass, and wood, Asmyrra found herself completely at a loss. She knew the ways of sea-going vessels, and she knew the way of magic. This... This almost looked like some mad combination of the two, melded with the wildest rumours from the Earthen Folk dwelling deep beneath the surface, and spiced with some sort of unfathomable originality. Shaking her head a final time, that purring soprano finally emerged, giving voice to her confusion. "A marvel, indeed... But a marvel of what? Surely this is no vessel that harnesses the currents or the wind for it's movement, but... What exactly is all of this?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image
User Image
A beautiful roaring scream, of joy and sorrow so extreme...

The confusion and appreciation of the others drew an impish smirk to raise the corners of her mouth. She could not help but remember her initial reaction to Domini's big secret. After all of the little tinkerer's hooing and haaing, dozens of promises and gypsy oaths pledging silence, back road excursions to satisfy that they were not followed and all of the other hoops she had to jump through that first encounter... let's just say it seemed a bit excessive given it was simply a strange little ship out in the middle of nowhere.

That is.. until it moved.

Delightfully, her mood was already lifting. Just knowing she was soon going to be front row for their first introduction to her favorite method of travel... the little maid pauses a moment, her eyes scanning the various available surfaces. Must find the best seat in the house!

"A marvel, indeed... But a marvel of what? Surely this is no vessel that harnesses the currents or the wind for it's movement, but... What exactly is all of this?"

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that for now," chimed the cheerful reply. Motioning the two soldiers to follow her, she swayed passed this pile of rope and around that stack of crates, leading them to a large hatch towards the center. Once there she slides to sit atop a small group of sturdy wooden boxes, letting her feet dangle down the side.

"If you'd be so kind?" She asks Ky with a smile, signalling towards the circular windlass with an iron crank that opens the hatchway to the ship's innards. "It takes a good ten minutes for me to open her up by myself. I'm sure you could do it in half that time. Fine strong lad like yourself" she twinkles playfully.

There is a love in me raging. A joyous, magical feeling...

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 am
Urban Thorne
The crushing embrace lasted only a few long moments, however, before those thin arms loosened, and held the Angel at arm's length, angular features peering up at the pale woman with obvious worry warring with a small tinge of aggravation. "Speaking of habits, perhaps you can explain why I have become so accustomed to upstarts visiting my windowsill, rather than you, these last many years? No word, no letter, no explanation... I was starting to believe that I was the only one left who remembered the ancient days as they truly were... And the ancient people we used to be," she stated, her tone showing a touch of crossness, rather than the usual patience or unconcern her students were familiar with. If her long-lost companion remembered, she would know this sign; The magi was genuinely upset about her incredibly long absence...

User Image

User ImageAsh happily returned the hug, only to let out a muffled squeak as the fierce welcome squeezed the air from her lungs. Nevertheless, her smile beamed from this long desired reunion. She squirmed a little under her dear friend's scrutiny, knowing full well there was no good excuse for her lengthy absence.

"I am sorry Relm," she began, a hand coming up to scratch the back of her head. "With all of the drama surrounding the Order... The constant threat of Gabriel or some other brother discovering me... And of course, the situation poor Johannes has found himself in... I guess I just thought it best to lay low for a while. I... I didn't intend it to be quite so long a while..."

It was a terrible excuse. There was no denying it. She signed heavily and pulled herself from Relm's grasp. Slinking to a pile of cushions, the angel flops rather unceremoniously down into their satin and velvet embrace. Letting her head fall back against them, she lets out a half growl/half groan of frustration.

"You would not believe the asinine pettiness that has fallen over the Order!" exasperation laced in every exclaimed syllable, her fists tightening at her sides. "Those poncey, over zealous ninnies haven't done a damned thing to further the good of mankind since 1543!" her fists pounding the pillows to enunciate that last point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm
User Image
User Image
The ancient magi watched her dear friend's awkward actions through narrowed eyes, her irritation lingering through the half-hearted explanation of the long absence. The poor Angel's only response from that explanation was, perhaps to her chagrin, merely the arching of a single brow, the magi's lips tightening with mild dubiousness.

As Ash settled into the cushions and allowed a measure of her frustration to escape, those pale features relented faintly, however. The years had given the Kae'Dryn far too many reasons to forgive the poor girl, and there were far too many fond memories to linger on the bitter feelings. Instead, she silently drifted over to a pile of cushions positioned across from Ash, and settled herself into their soft embrace, absently securing her robe to a more appropriately-tied fashion. As the other woman gave voice to the growl, and the complaints about her "brothers" in the south, those pale features couldn't help but break into a faint smile.

"That should be no surprise to you, my dear," she replied, a hint of laughter entering those crystalline tones. "Even as the Arcane War was drawing to a close, those fools had begun voicing concerns about how deeply they were at risk, with the reduction of their numbers. With you vanishing from sight after the final folly of that war, of course they hesitate to do anything that could put them in danger of the last few of them falling..."

Shaking her head softly, one hand rose to gently rub at those slanted golden eyes, a resigned sigh escaping from the older woman. "No, I have a feeling the Cathedral will not do anything to assist in facing the Beast that troubles you so, in the South... Nor will they break their usual patterns to explore whether there is any other allies they could call upon to aid..."

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm
User Image
User ImageA Talise diverted Ky's attention, the small inventor made her way over towards the central mast. Once there, deft fingers curled around one of the levers, and puuuuuulllllled, the metal iris covering the crystal chamber grinding open and clear, exposing the slightly green-hued rocks piled in a brass brazier. Mismatched eyes studied the rocks for a long moment, judging their quantity and potency, before the Rosso monster nodded to herself. Releasing the lever, those deft hands nabbed a second lever, and pulled once more, releasing the brake handle and lever together once a tell-tale «click!» resounded, both audible and tangible through the handle.

Turning away from the mast as water began to stream down from a small metal tube above the rocks, the little inventor made her way over towards the pilot's station. Behind her, the water caused those rocks to begin... Smoking?..., the greenish vapor rising up through the glass chamber and into the mass of sail-material firmly attached to the mast. As the volume of water saturating the rocks increased, the volume of gas emerging did, as well, causing the flattened sails above to begin to shift, to swell... to inflate.

Back at the pilot's station, the small inventor unfastened the top clasps of her leather tunic, and fished out a small, brilliantly-glowing sky-blue gem dangling over her heart from a golden chain. Giving it a gentle squeeze, the woman slipped the pendant free from her neck, and settled the glowing jewel into it's socket at the bottom of the compass, securing it with a deft twist. Once it was in place, two things occurred; A slightly ominous rumbling began to vibrate through the ship, as the Sul began to awaken, and the inventor herself seemed to shift. Ears lengthened and tapered to a distinct point, hair lengthened to mid-back, skin lightened to a pale hue, and overall the human shape and look of her features dropped away, revealing what had to be a Kael'dorei elf...

As the ship began to come alive beneath her feet, Domini began releasing the brakes on the various levers around her, testing their action range and overall ease of movement. Once she was satisfied, she turned, glancing up at the massive shape of heavily woven material beginning to completely overshadow the ship, a pleased smile appearing on her features. Making her way back over to the mast, she took hold of one more lever, and gave it a good pull, sending a final cascade of water down over the now completely hidden rocks within the loft chamber, causing a massive billow of gas to flood upwards, and the various ropes and windlasses to groan as the balloon pressurized...

And began to lift the ship from it's watery place of repose.

Rosso let out a joyous cry as the ship began to rise, and dashed over to the railing. As the water began to fall away from the sides of the ship, the six main propeller systems, three to a side, began to emerge. Domini watched from the railing, mismatched eyes measuring the distance from the surface of the water compared to the height she knew the keel to have. It took mere seconds for the Sul to rise high enough, and the little inventor to dash back over to the pilot's station. Jumping up onto the pedestal, she began seizing various levers, and releasing the brakes, causing the blades on the sides of the ship to begin the process of getting up to speed, and the ship to move...

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:52 pm
Urban Thorne

Shaking her head softly, one hand rose to gently rub at those slanted golden eyes, a resigned sigh escaping from the older woman. "No, I have a feeling the Cathedral will not do anything to assist in facing the Beast that troubles you so, in the South... Nor will they break their usual patterns to explore whether there is any other allies they could call upon to aid..."

User Image

User ImageIt felt so good to be back in the presence of her old opinionated companion. She had missed their "bytch sessions", particularly these last few decades. Why had she not visited sooner? Ash passed it off as bad judgement on her part. She had a horrible tendency of allowing emotionally charged projects dominate her existence. Course, she reminded herself, that is probably Johannes's fault.

"Even as the Arcane War was drawing to a close, those fools had begun voicing concerns about how deeply they were at risk, with the reduction of their numbers. With you vanishing from sight after the final folly of that war, of course they hesitate to do anything that could put them in danger of the last few of them falling..."

With the reminder of her own role and its affect on the attitude of her brethren, the angel's brow drew grimly to frame her troubled expression.

"We also lost much to that war... so many fallen. And with my narrow escape... " her words trail off quietly, unwilling to verbalize how her own selfish act ripped the glimmer of hope from the eyes of her father and brother. Although her resolve had not faltered throughout the years, even the mere mention of the future she could have offered her people brought a pang of guilt and bitter memories.

"They have legitimate reason to be afraid," comes the sad admission, closing a moment of silence. "But when that fear drives them to forgo their duties to the people, they should rightfully step down and allow someone else to take up the torch. They cannot have it both ways."

"It was never supposed to come to this," she quotes, her gaze rising back to her friend's face. "That was Gabriel's mantra just before Johannes left. When reports first started coming in they all assumed it was exaggerated, isolated incidents. Then Uriel struck on the idea that the fear being generated could be used to their advantage. Hence the religious, sins-coming-back-to-haunt-us, twist. They pulled that nonsense out when Johannes left for his own investigation..." her face scrunching in distaste, "Uriel had to have known he'd never get away with it while Johannes was there. He's utterly surrounded Gabriel with like or weak minded cronies pushing his own agenda. And what's worse, I think he actually believes the vitriol he is spewing. Gabriel has always been susceptible to passionate arguments. True belief is difficult to dissuade...

She sighs heavily, allowing her wings to disappear from her back so she can sink deeper into the cushions. "When he realised he wasn't getting through, Johannes left. It's such a mess, Relm..."

Cheshiyre
Crew

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky blushed slightly at Talise's flattery. He knew quite well what it was she was trying to do. As much as it flustered him, he wouldn't do it because she was appealing to his masculinity. Nay, he would do it because she asked him politely and it is the right thing to do as a gentleman.

He cleared his throat before saying, "It would be my pleasure."

He stepped over to the crank in question and took a solid hold of it. He tugged it once harshly to ensure it was loose, then began to turn it calmly once he was sure it would go without a problem. As he opened the door he found his mind wandering to Talise and her family. Her story was like many others that he had heard. The sole survivor of a family that had been slaughtered by The Beast. He had seen the horrors first hand. It always got his blood boiling. But there was something about her story that had not only made him angry, it had made him feel something he wasn't familiar with. It hurt, much like sympathy, but there was something else to it.

He was shaken from his introspection by the hatchway coming loose from the frame. He drew it opened and motion Talise toward the entrance. "Ladies first."

He was just about to smile politely when things began to move all around him. His head and body spun constantly as he tried to take in everything that was happening. It took a few seconds for him to realize they were...were...

"Are we ascending?!" He hastily asked Talise with a great deal of shock.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:33 pm
Minai chan
She sighs heavily, allowing her wings to disappear from her back so she can sink deeper into the cushions. "When he realised he wasn't getting through, Johannes left. It's such a mess, Relm..."

User Image
User Image
The ancient magi watched her oldest friend give voice to the concerns that had obviously been burdening her for the long years that they had been apart, and she had to admit, even if silently, that some small few points of those words were true enough... If somewhat outdated. Instead of interrupting, however, she allowed her dear companion to clear some of her own inner guilt.

But as the words shifted more to the Cathedral's actions, those golden eyes hardened faintly, and her lips compressed. Whilst searching for her friend, the Kae'Dryn had indeed been watching Johannes and his brothers. Gabriel's actions did not surprise her in the slightest, especially considering the path that he had already started taking by the end of what most called the Dragon Wars, but... Uriel was one of the older-seeming Angels, and his turning to such darker means had caught her vaguely by surprise. It had not taken long in her observations for the ancient mage to begin feeling the ancient anger that had caused such damage to the entire world towards the end of that terrible war.

"Of course Gabriel would be unable to resist such things, my dear, sweetly deluded speckled friend," Relm murmered softly as she shook her head. "It was what brought the Order into the war on the human's side ages ago, and it was what kept them fighting against another race staring into the face of extinction right there beside them. Oh, I know," Relm interjected, raising a thin hand to stall Ash's expected retort. "By the end, you were not the only one trying to get both sides to ease off. But, too many of the 'brothers' were of the mindset of those like this Uriel. And you know as well as I that Gabriel has always gone with popular opinion long before truly thinking things through on his own..."

"No... I would not doubt that this Uriel waited for Johannes to be absent. Most of his brothers are fools, but... Let us say it is possible to be quite intelligent, and still manage to be an utter fool. Besides," she said, her voice taking on a hint of a sigh as her line of thought changed. "Even you have to admit it. In a twisted fashion, Uriel has a good point. If the fears and belief of the people could be harnessed and channeled, perhaps this 'Beast' could be dealt with, without risking a single one of his brothers. He just doesn't understand that the kind of faith he is looking for is too rare for that to actually work..."

"...Not in these lands, at least,"
she amended after a long moment, those crystalline tones thoughtfully subdued...

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:43 pm
User Image

User Image
As the ship began to come alive beneath them, those slanted violet orbs had widened, and Asmyrra followed the little inventor over to the railing. There she stayed, her unmitigated shock numbing her to the rigors of the last week as the water began to swiftly fall away from them, followed shortly by the forest.

Indeed, once those rotating blades truly began to come up to speed, the forest itself began to rush past beneath them, becoming a dark green blur. With a supreme act of will, Asmyrra tore her gaze away from the land beneath them, and turned back towards the small 'crew' she had become a part of.

Flight.

Talise's friend had somehow managed to construct a vessel that could manage sustained flight, without spell... And obviously with a great deal of velocity, if the wind beginning to hiss and whistle through the rigging was any indication. As the machinery within the hull of the ship settled into a comfortable rumble, indicating that cruising speed on the rotors had been reached, Asmyrra made her way over towards where Ky was standing near the hatch heading below deck, carefully setting her feet and bracing against the racing winds that were building quickly.

As she passed him and Talise, those slanted eyes cast in Ky's direction. Within their depths, a light seemed to shine... The light of hope. If this ship, these people, were truly possible, perhaps there actually was some kind of miracle awaiting them in the North...

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games