Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm
User Image
User Image

"Fortunately faith has nothing to do it," Aerith informs them rather flatly, emerging from the doorway where she had been silently watching them for some time. In her arms she cradles a few very worn looking tomes, her gaze quickly scanning the shelves hunting for their proper resting places. "Kae'drynn is not a title you graduate to. Lady Ishtarelm is the one and only Kae'drynn, and that is unlikely to change."

As she moves to a wall of books, she glances briefly back to the young woman, her tone serious and definitve. "The Kae'drynn was ancient when the Elders were babes. She has witnessed wars and turmoil most of the living races can only vaguely recall." As she continues, her faded eyes return to the task infront of her, and one by one she reunites each tome with its brethern. "I would not expect you to know these things. She does not put herself on display for recognition from others, and thus only the wisest and most experienced in the arts even know her name. But make no mistake, there is a reason no other land can claim home to a Kae'drynn."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:45 pm
User Image
User Image

Heron jumps a little in surprise. He is impressed by how sneaky Aerith can be. No doubt one of the many things she learned from their teacher. Both of them were skilled in the ways of being in the right place at the right time when Heron or Naelonni were doing something they weren't supposed to be doing.

He looks from Cyrillia to Aerith and asks the new question that has popped into his head, "What reason is that Aerith?" In truth he knew very little about the Kae'drynn other than her grand ability and stature in Elven society.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

--Winters-Cruel-Fate--

Hilarious Regular

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:00 pm
User Image

ε♥ε Cyrillia Fythrin ε♥ε

Cyrillia had jumped by Aerith's sudden appearance. It took all she had from squeaking. With a quizzical expression, she listened to Aerith as she explained the rights of the Kae'drynn and the history.

Of course the young elf knew nothing of what the woman spoke of, Cyrillia was quickly lost in the long explanation about it. Though she tried keeping up and understanding, she could not understand the world outside her own home and it made her feeling slightly ignorant, knowing though it wasn't bad, the girl couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps it would take a long while before she would get anywhere.

With little to no understanding, she clasped her hands together and smiled, hoping that her blank and clueless expressions from before had not be caught. "My really?" she asked cutely, prompting for more while secretly she hoped that maybe it were confidential to outsides of a higher ranking. She added much more enthusiastically than needed, "You know so much, Lady Aerith!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Placing the last of her burden of books in its rightful place on the shelf, Aerith glances between the two youngers with each respective question. Idly she reminds herself again that she isn't that much older than they. Although, she muses to herself, studying the fluffy one, I don't think I was ever that naive. A faint sile forms on her lips at the thought that follows. And we thought his sister was bad.

"Perhaps if you show some progress today in your studies, I will share some of the Kae'drynn's story with you tonight," Aerith replies to Heron. Turning her attention now to the girl, she continues. "In the meantime, I'm afraid something has unexpectedly arisen. The Kae'drynn will not be able to see you today. I am not sure if she will be indisposed tomorrow as well. Will you be needing sleeping quarters this evening?"  

Cheshiyre
Crew

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 pm
.:: Like a butterfly through a paper shredder...

[[ Hey, everyone. Cheshiyre wanted me to let you know why she's been absent & all that jazz. Other than finals & school in general, there was a personal situation she had to deal with. On top of THAT, her computer was recently put out of commission. She says she'll get it back this month, hopefully.

She misses you all dearly and can't wait to be back! ]]

...so fricken' awesome. ::.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 am
Well... More than a year as passed, and within it was a huge amount of drama and misfortune. Many issues, problems, and other such sundries have helped in keeping Cheshiyre and I away from the RPs that we enjoyed so much, and I wouldn't be surprised or blame anyone for having forgotten about them.

On the other hand, though, things have (more or less) steadied out, and we both agree that we've missed the story too much to just walk away from it. As such, beyond offering our deepest and most heartfelt apologies, I am happy to say that we hope to return to Roleplaying Gems, and epecially Tuatha De Dannon~! Going with that announcement, I am asking those who have continued with the guild and who were involved in the story to chime in, kind of answering a roll-call. Based on how many people return to us, we may also be having a few openings in the story, as we have spent the last year or more developing even more of the story behind the scenes, and dearly want to share it.

Hope to hear from folks soon, and again, our most sincere apologies for our protracted absence.

~~Thorne~~

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:36 am
I'm here! I'm returning smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm
Red five standing by.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Not sure if you want me posting, since I'm interested in joining but was not involved last time. Just letting you know.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 pm
Well, we've got one confirmed returnee out of a bunch of players, so it's looking like we'll have some openings for ya, E. Hoping to give it a few more days, see if anyone else shakes free out of the shadows, then we'll start hashing out exactly how we're going to fire things back up, since half the crew. Half the group will be easy, those elven folks will slot right into the story nicely. The Crusades folks, though... Oi vey.

Will keep everyone posted~!

~~Thorne~~

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm
Tali is coming back as soon as she can access Gaia. Apparently the orginal email she used to sign up is no longer available, and she can't get onto Gaia. We've put up a ticket and I'm working with her to attempt to get her account back smile All else fails, she might make a mule to post with until she can get her stuff back.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm
. o O ((Well, looks like we've got everyone who's still interested. Alright, let's see about getting this show back on the road~!)) O o .

«<{ ¤The Crusade¤ }>»

After a small handful of hours found the group of people fleeing from the ill-fated ambush at the tavern finally drawing in to take a breather, and assess their situation. Asmyrra had managed to shake the contingent of the Paladin's Rod that had been pursuing her a couple of hours ago, and finally managed to rejoin her compatriots. Stopping aside a small stream, the collective idea was to allow the horses to get their breath back and water themselves, while the overall situation was discussed...

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 pm
User Image

User Image
Tying off her horse's reigns on a bush near the quietly burbling stream, Asmyrra slowly stretched, trying to ease the knots in her back developed from riding so vigorously over the last few hours. Letting her eyes trail over the various members of the group assembled, she cast her violet gaze in Ky's direction, nodding him over to her side.

"...it appears we have picked up a couple of tag-alongs," her purringly accented voice murmured quietly, gazing at the dark-armoured knight and the oddly-speaking companion to Talise. "We are going to be hard pressed to find a way to get all of these people as far as the Elven forests, especially with our supply horses left at the tavern... Have you received any hint of what Miss Anora had planned?"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Ky had just raised his hand to his steed, food in hand, when he caught sight of Asmyrra's nod. He gave the horse an additional second to finish what he had in his hand before dusting his palms and approaching his commander.

He glanced at the two newcomers as his Commander spoke. With some diappointment he replied, "Nothing solid as of yet, Commander. What little I can interpret from Miss Rosso's strange rambling, she is some form of inventor. What I do know for sure is that she does not trust us. I pray Miss Anora will be able to sway her if we are to continue quickly."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Urban Thorne

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm
User Image
User ImageShe hated horses... She really did. Bite with one end, kick with the other, and make unpleasant smells and sounds all around. She loathed horses. Which means as soon as the infernal beast was stopped at the stream, she was off like a flash!

...an oozing, sliding off and landing as a lump of muttering, unhappy Sky Captain complaining about aching muscles flash...

Squeee...

Dragging herself to a seated position, those mismatched eyes glared absolute death at the beast Tali was so easily dismounting from, and the other woman sliding free of it. Well... maybe not so much death there, Eva looked like she was almost as sore as Domi was... Still. Stupid horse!! Casting her head back, the much abused Sky Captain let loose a stream of incredibly colourful, voraciously angry, incredibly complicated combination of whining and screeching commentary, most of it probably profanities, and all of it in some vague dialect of Elven.

Graphically describing exactly how horses were made, what kind of sick joke they were, and exactly what people who preferred them could have done to them.

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games