Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monster High - Where the ghoul kids rule!

Back to Guilds

An original character roleplay guild set in the world of Monster High! 

Tags: Monster High, Dolls, RPing, Webisodes, Frankie Stein 

Reply Monster High
OOC (out of character) thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dashner Hawke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:47 pm
Just making sure, thumbs up for the sizing of this signature?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:16 pm
(ok so, re: profile messages and stuff that happens in towns.
How is this to be handled within the forum storyline?
Is it canon? Did it really happen and where does it fall in terms of timeline?

For instance, i've been assuming towns stuff happened the night it was rped, but that leads to issues when there's an ongoing rp in the forum set the day before (like the maul rp)

And profiles I was assuming were messages and texts sent between characters and were set "when they were sent".

So if a character posts a message on your profile, are you supposed to regard that as being part of the storyline and rp? can it then be referenced in the forums?

What's the official GM statement on this and how to approach these two other facets of the rp? Should we avoid using them and do everything on the forums (I can see an argument to leave towns stuff for non canon mucking about or one on one interactions... if we use it at all) or is it down to us the players to determine between ourselves what's canon and what isn't and what can be referenced?

I'm probably not explaining myself very well am i? But yeah, some clarification would be AWESOME. You know i'm crazy right? hahah.)  

Ronan Aalto

Rorrim Rory Bludworth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:09 pm
Since overall Monster High's grip on continuity is....tenuous at best...here's where we stand on it.

If something happens in Towns that you think is important, go ahead and mention it in your journal or on the forums to 'cement it'. Otherwise, consider your time in towns the way we always have...kids getting together and shooting the breeze. Some dramatic things may happen in Towns. Much of the time, it's just folks being in-character and having fun.

We do want to try to keep in the MH-verse timeline if we can help it...for example, Howleen's look changes at the start of this new school year as the 13 Wishes movie takes place and she would possibly end up quitting Spellbound Club to try to fit in more, that could be mentioned in the periphery. Though for the most part, what happens to those characters happens to THEM, and what happens to our characters happens to US, even if the canon characters and our OCs are having adventures at the same time.

As for profile 'texts,' yeah, those count when they're made, but you can choose to either acknowledge them or delete them. PMs aren't official because no one else can see them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:35 am
Awesome! thanks for that clarification.  

Ronan Aalto

Melody Nocturna

Intellectual Informer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm
Vinnie Lovecraft
Melody Nocturna
Vinnie Lovecraft
Melody Nocturna
I like Ascreama, despite her shy exterior; on the other hand, I can see that Vinnie and Melody will need some (er, a lot rather) bonding time. I see that in the beginning it will be rough around the edges but I do hope that they get closer as they spend more time in the doomitory.

I'm working a lot to add more depth to her character... she's a mean ghoul primarily, but I want her to be a little more multi-faceted and -- most importantly -- relateable.

As in, mean for a reason?

Pretty much the fact that she's ignored and acts out for attention... and doesn't trust that anyone could possibly care about her. So yeah, mean for a reason, which leaves the potential to do good...

Which will happen later on?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:50 pm
Blah, I went away for a weekend and SO much stuff happened! Trying to catch up, bear with me! heart  

Marceline LaGhede

Fanatical Friend

Ascreama Poweurgh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 am
I'm back! Caught some crazy flu thing and I constantly felt dizzy and could barely read, let alone reply sad Shaking it off now but still feeling run down.
Time to catch up!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 am
Oh gosh Athena, hope you feel better asap!  

Ronan Aalto

Rorrim Rory Bludworth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 am
Folks, for the sake of my notices feed...if the person you're responding to is directly above you (as in, the flow of the story you're telling isn't interrupted), don't bother quoting them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 am
Sorry. I had the idea that if the person wasn't online, you quote them nevertheless. sweatdrop  

Dashner Hawke

Glen da West

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:59 pm
Also we have to be a little more careful in reading posts.

Lin and Atomica were not at the SKRM track. They were in their secret hideout down in the catacombs.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 pm
I'm gonna try to keep up with the SKRM thread this weekend, but apparently I have more plans for Labor Day Weekend than I thought I did, so if I'm slow to reply, I apologize.  

Marceline LaGhede

Fanatical Friend

Anne Arctica MH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 pm
SKRM- Will we Towns the games or will they be roleplayed in the forums?
Personally, I think both are kind of difficult, not everyone could be available for Towns at the moment, and in the forums it may get mixed up and confusing? Clarification would be great, thanks! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:16 pm
Well for right now we're just in the tryouts, which will be RPed in the Catacombs thread. It'll be fine and help with our creativity in writing. Doing anything like this in Towns would be next to impossible. At last in a written RP thread we can be descriptive and tag off back and forth with our teammates.  

Glen da West

Magical Lunatic

HH Bloodgood
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:46 pm
Just to keep everyone on the same page, when the SKRM tryouts end, we'll be moving on to roleplaying the first day back at school. We should be wrapped up with the SKRM tryouts in a day or so!  
Monster High

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff