Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Cein Isles

Back to Guilds

Tags: centaur, taur, cein isles 

Reply Cein Isles
{PRP} Old ties (Blake, Raine, Akemi, Cody, etc) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 pm
It was really hard for Raine to keep from reaching over and grabbing Blake’s hand. By accident she did brush his hand and immediately she pulled her hands behind her back with a light flush. After so long of living with him then why was she suddenly feeling so extra shy? Was it the change of scenery or the teasing grin from Akemi that kept making her realize that her relationship with the male wolftaur wasn’t normal. Biting her bottom lip Raine shoved the thought aside as they entered the town. It was a river town where boats and rafts going down the wide river could stop. Not a huge port town but a really quaint place that she remembered fondly. Once before she had lost her mother they had traveled here on special occasion to get treats and materials so that she could have new clothes that wouldn’t be tattered from the hunt.

“Hey. I’m going on ahead. Ya two can do whatever but meet me here by just past noon.” Akemi smiled wickedly, “Don’t make me hunt you down.”

“Alright.” Raine waved her friend along with as mall smile before looking towards Blake, “I guess we can stay together if you wanted…we should probably stock up on some food since I don’t know how much time we’ll have to hunt.” Knowing Akemi the wolftaur would either be distracted by the blades for sell or by the ale in the tavern. Hopefully less ale and more blades in this case.

Akemi’s finger trailed along the sharpened blades that gleamed in the sunlight. Oooh what she would do to have some extra gold for all of them. Her amber gaze fluttered dreamily about the knife sets. Most would see someone in love giving the same look to a beau or towards something pretty and lovely…but for Akemi the blades were far more important that the prettiest of gems.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 pm
Giving Akemi a lazy wave, he looked to Raine and smiled. "I think I'll stick with you. I don't fancy getting myself lost here," he said playfully. With Akemi off and away.... Sucking up his courage, he wiped the sweat from his palm onto his leg before reaching out to take Raine's hand. He couldn't help the warmth at his cheeks, but he held firm. He could do this without Akemi there to smirk at him.

"Food would be a good idea," he commented as carefree as he could. He could tell by the light breeze where the scent of some hot food was coming from, and started off in that direction. If there was hot food, surely food for travel wouldn't be far behind.

User Image

Leaning his elbows on the counter, the tan wolf flashed Akemi a bright smile from behind the counter. "Welcome to the shop of blades. Lookin' to buy? Got blades for hunting, killing, skinning, flashing, warning, decoration..." He cocked his head. "Most ladies are looking only for something fun on their wall, but I can tell you're appreciating the good ones. Anything particular you're looking for?" He picked up one of the thinner blades and began spinning it through his fingers with one hand in a rather flashy fashion.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:55 pm
“Alright.” She couldn’t help how her ears perked up or that her tail may have waved just once behind her at the idea of his company. Her gaze widened as well at the hand which wrapped around her own and nearly beaming the wolftaur laced her fingers with Blake’s, “I suppose it would be easier to keep track of each other this way.” She commented lightly as she pressed up close to Blake. Strange towns with thieves happened right? Anything was possible~

The thought of food made her stomach growl lightly and Raine couldn’t hide the light flush which decorated her cheeks, “I suppose we could actually get some hot food too then.” She laughed softly as she looked up towards Blake, “Then travel supplies right?” Her eyes closed briefly in a smile before she actually began to look around the streets, “There was also a bakery by the tavern here if I remember correctly…my mother loved the sweets they had there.” The bread had been so nice and warm too in the fall months. The thought nearly made the wolftaur’s mouth water. It was odd how quietly she could mention her mother and not feel the same tension in her chest, rather it was a piece of her that she treasured and missed all in one. But that was okay because Blake was next to her and with him she felt like any holes in her heart were filled with a new warmth.

Akemi nearly dropped the knife at the sudden questioning. Her golden gaze narrowed at getting caught day dreaming by the blades before she relaxed. She could let it go this once. “Sheesh.” She commented quietly before looking up at the male, “Thankfully I’m not most ladies.” Watching him spinning the blade in his hand like that made the wolftaur chuckle. A show off then? “What am I l ooking for?” Like an expert she picked up another blade that was made for throwing speed and without missing a beat spun like an expert and sent it flying right past the male’s ear where it landed on the wooden pole by his stall. Neatly cut in half had been a rather large insect who had been buzzing that way with its stinger ready. “A blade that can keep up with me. That’s what I was browsing for.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 pm
Blake's heart jumped slightly as their fingers laced together. It was so nice to hold her hand... He should wait though. They were going to see her ill father. This wasn't the time, surely.

"A hot meal sounds like just the thing. We'll need the energy for gathering supplies for the rest of the way." He looked at every store as they walked, seeing if any held anything of interest to himself, and to see if he could spot the tavern Raine spoke of. "Your mother?" Biting his lip, he dared to ask. "What was your mother like, Raine?"

Cody smirked at Akemi's surprise. Yup. His charm could catch anyone off guard! However, his eyes only just kept up as the female plucked up a blade and threw it by his ear, his own blade halting as his body stiffened. His gaze slide over and widened in shock and awe at the sight of the split bug. "Oooooh-whee! That's a sharp eye you have there." He grinned despite how his heart was thudding in his chest. She could have killed him! ......She was amazing. "Not like most ladies indeed. I don't suppose that when you say blade..." he waggled his eyebrows and winked at her, leaving his question open for interpretation.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Raine smiled up at Blake and nodded. Something warm with perhaps a warm drink to fight off the chill wind of the autumn season. Her hair floated behind her in response as the winds picked back up again. It felt so nice when there was sun warming her fur, but during the nights it was starting to get cold again. Especially with the riverside here and the mountains up ahead. It would be bitter there.

She nearly stumbled as he asked about her mother. Surely she should have expected a question like that after saying such a thing, but still Raine had to pause. “She was an angel amongst demons.” Quoted the wolf quietly, “She had such a loving heart and belonged somewhere safer where she could flourish amongst others. Her hands were always so gentle that it surprised me every time that she took up a bow so easily. My father found her when they were just children and she was an orphan…town life was what she had been born into, but the pack adopted her when they passed through.” Her gaze looked around the streets as if seeing years ago, “But she always managed to convince him to let me follow her here on trips throughout the year. She died when I was young though so the most I remember are just her hands warming mine in the autumn and winter nights and then browsing the bakery here with her.”

The wolftaur shook her head lightly and squeezed Blake’s hand, “I’m a lot like her or so I’ve been told. That’s why my father wanted to keep…an eye on me while I was growing up. Losing my mother was hard on him.” She had been the only one to keep her father from doing the things that the pack fought for. Or perhaps it was because of her mother that he had fought to keep the chains secret? Rain’s nose wrinkled at the thought, “But that’s the past. As it is I had good memories of her and so we better go get some of that bread before leaving~”

Akemi could only shake her head at the male’s antics. Sharp eye? No way. She nearly retorted out loud before holding her tongue. No need to waste breath on someone who was just eager to sell his wares…or more. Her gaze widened slightly at his suggestion before it turned into a sharp glare, “Sorry, but I only buy useful blades and not cheap goods.” She went and pulled out the knife from the pole and wiped it on her fur before sticking it in one of the straps wrapped around her arms.

“Now can I just pay you for that dagger or are you going to blow more air about me?” Akemi reached into her pouch for several coins before laying them down before the male wolftaur. The quicker she could buy this then the quicker she could leave this cocky pervert. Looking back at him she sighed quietly. Should have tossed that blade a whee bit closer to his face than she had.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 am
Blake squeezed Raine's hand apologetically as she stumbled. Her family truly was a touchy subject. How sad... Yet, Raine's description of her mother was beautiful. A small smile followed. "If you're memory serves you right, then it sounds like you're quite a lot like her." He chuckled and nodded. "Don't worry. Bread will definitely be on our list of things to get."

Cody winced, though he continued grinned. "Ooh, sharp eyes and sharp tongue. I see, I see." His ears perked at her question and he looked at the coin with confusion. Oh! Right! He laughed and shook his head. "You could pay me for the dagger, but that wouldn't make it yours. I'm just watching the stall while the owner gets himself lunch. Told me that I couldn't handle the money because he's a suspicious old coot who thinks anyone under sixty years old is a hooligan."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 am

“Oh?” Raine couldn’t help but to beam towards Blake, “Then I’m an angel?” She teased lightly, “I guess I need to work on flying then. Talk about a convenience!” Her tail wagged at the mention of the bread and for the moment the wolftaur just raised her face towards the sky. It was a really beautiful day and she was determined to enjoy it with Blake. This was their last stop until that place. Looking forward Raine motioned towards a tavern, “I’m guessing that’s where you smelled the food then sir?”

Akemi just stared at him, “So you’re watching the stall…” She trailed off and scratched at her face in aggravation, “What the hell is the point of having you watch a place if I can’t just leave coin with you?” The town folk never made sense to her! Her nose wrinkled as she stared at the blade. Was it worth waiting around for? Sadly, yes. “Fine, but if he’s not back soon I’m going to just leave coin. I want this blade and I’d like to see you try to stop me from leaving. That old coot better eat fast.” She shook her head before looking back up at him one more time, “And! For the record any more comments might end up in me testing out some more of the knives on the wolf watching the store since he’s not the one that I’ll be bartering with in the end.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:00 pm
Blake chuckled softly, and met her gaze fully. "Yes, you are. Whether or not you can fly." He faced forward again to hopefully mask how much warmer his face got. The urge to ask her the question was growing greater by the moment. How warm her hand was in his own...

Looking at the tavern, he sniffed the air again and nodded. "Smells like the place to me."

Cody only grinned at Akemi's frustration. "Well, despite the old bugger thinking young folk steal everything, he figures I can lure a pretty face or two into buying his more expensive blades for decoration." He pursed his lips and rested his chin on his hands. "Well, I would love to try stopping you from walking off, but not for payment for the blade." He perked up and laughed, though a hint of concern laced in the amused sound. Somehow, he had a feeling that she wasn't kidding about using him as target practice. "Hey, you got company here?" He held up a quick hand of innocence. "I don't mean for the night. Just this evening. Wanna have dinner with me?" Cody wasn't one to mince words very often, preferring to be quite obvious. Subtly wasn't in his list of necessities. It was good for more delicate matters, but for asking a lovely, strong-willed woman on a date? Subtly would be a waste of time, surely.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm
Face flushing Raine just looked away shyly, “Yep!” Swallowing the wolftaur led the way into the tavern and sat down at a table. Hmm. It smelled like a stew of some sorts was the main dish today. Raine’s eyes closed in a moment of appreciation for the warm smell. Something like this was a treat compared to the jerky or the smoked meat they had been eating.

“Oh?” Akemi just snickered at his explanation, “I’m worried about the owner then. He must really be gettin’ to that point of being senile to think that.” Her ears twitched at the statement and her hand hovered over a blade protectively. Was he asking for a fight? That was definitely something she could give him! His next statement threw her through a loop though. Not for payment of the blade? Then did he really want to just challenge her? Surely not.

Now he was asking about her company? What was he trying at? Akemi’s gaze narrowed as she studied the male. Were there others hiding in the shadows for a sneak attack? Her paws itched on the ground as she slowly took a step to the side. She really hated these town places. There was too much background noise from others walking the market. In the forest she would have already heard if an ambush was in hiding. Even the smallest creak of a forest path couldn’t be hidden from the wolf. Here though it was completely different. Her thoughts halted in surprise as he continued however.

Dinner? Akemi’s eyes narrowed even more. Exactly what was he playing at here? “Have dinner?” The wolftaur tilted her head in confusion. Was this some sort of trap? “Dinner? Are you wanting to hunt with me then?” Her arms crossed, “I don’t hunt with strangers usually as it is I’m busy anyways.” She looked away to hide the flickering thoughts that were being reflected in her amber eyes. Dinner? What sort of question was that anyway? She just wished that owner would get here already.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 pm
Blake sat himself across from Raine, looking around at the tavern. "Smells great," he observed, looking up as a server sauntered on over.

"What can I get you two darlin's?" the older wolf woman asked, smiling at the pair. "Got us specials on pig roast and orange duck."

Cody sighed and shook his head. "Sharp tongue. Sharp tongue..."

He watched with a grin as Akemi processed his words. The question of a hunt brought a laugh to his lips. "Hunt together? Goodness, no! I want-"

"Cody! What did I tell ya about selling my wares?" An old wolf creaked his way over to the stall, his fur a similar green color to the younger wolf's. He was shiny bald, with a long gray beard tied into a braid.

Cody sighed and shook his head. "I'm not selling anything. Just keeping this lovely lady around. She wants to buy a knife."

"She wants to buy a night?!" The old wolf growled. "Cody, don't be sellin' your body outta my shop! I only sell blades!"

Cody blushed hotly and slapped his hand against his forehead. "No, Grandpa. Knife. She wants to buy a knife!" He turned his gaze toward Akemi again. "And you. I was talking about buying you dinner. You know... a date."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 pm

“Mmmhmm.” Raine couldn’t help, but to agree with Blake. Then again at this point the wolftaur was so happy that she would probably just agree with about any statement at the moment. Blinking up at the server Raine paused and pursed her lips thoughtfully, “Orange duck sounds good to me actually.” Looking over towards Blake she tilted her head slightly, “How about you?”

In the back of her mind there was a slight question about someone else. Where was Akemi exactly? Would it take that long for her to gather supplies? Oh well. She could worry about the other wolf after lunch. Her stomach was threatening to devour anything in sight at this point after all. Or perhaps that was just the butterflies from watching Blake next to her?

Akemi just continued to glower at the male. She really did wish that she could just throw down her coin and leave already. Was he really laughing at the hunt as well now? She bit her lip to try to behave, but already had started to hiss back at him before the owner came around, “Are ya sayin’ ya don’t think I can hunt…I swear-“

Her gaze snapped over towards the older wolf and instantly relaxed before becoming completely perplexed. Selling his body? “Oh no! I would never trust him for any type of labor, sir. I definitely would never even think about hiring him even if I ever wanted to hire someone to help. He’s more cocky than anything really so he probably wouldn’t even last long. As it is I can take care of myself without any assistance.” She wrinkled her nose. Who hired help during the night anyways? Nighttime was for tracking and then sleep so that there would be plenty of energy for the next evening or early morning movement. Obviously town taur acted a whole lot differently from the lifestyle she was used to. “Here’s coin sir. I wanted this knife.” She gestured towards it before her hand fell in confusion.

“A date?” Akemi frowned, “Isn’t that when you plan to meet with someone? Why would you want to meet with me? I already took care of my business and I’m done here now.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:34 pm
Blake took a quick look over the menu, and set it back down. "Actually, I think I'll have the duck as well. And we can share a pitcher of water."

The server nodded and headed back to the kitchen, but not before narrowing her eyes curiously at Raine. When Blake caught her staring, she pressed her lips and hurried on back. Blake sighed, but quickly forgot the unsettled feeling when he looked at Raine himself. She was worth staring at... "So, how long is it from here? ...Do you thing we should order something for Akemi?"

Cody looked at Akemi with wide eyes. What...? Was she ignoring his grandfather's misunderstandings, or was she really that oblivious? "My dear, you talk tough, but you truly have an innocent mind."

The old man smacked the back of Cody's head. "Quite your flirting, boy. My stall ain't a kiss and sell." He nudged the younger wolf until Cody wiggled out of the way, and he smiled brightly to his customer. "So, young lady, that blade's what ya want." He counted out the coin on the table and nodded. "Looks good. Thanks for the purchase!" Then he sat down and took a deep breath. Selling things was exhausting work!

Cody huffed and combed his hair with his hand. "My dear, a date is when a guy takes a girl he is interested in to dinner so that they can talk and get to know each other better. You know... I pay for dinner, you get a free meal and possibly a boyfriend?" He grinned and cocked his head. "Come on. At the least, you don't have to take the time hunting for your dinner."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 pm
She couldn’t help it, but Raine laughed at the idea of ordering food for Akemi. Quickly raising a hand over her mouth the wolftaur flushed and shook her head towards Blake, “Last time I tried to get her to sit down in a place like this…well let’s just say it didn’t go so well. The last thing you should do is deny her a good hunt. So the concept of ordering food when you can go and get your own was something unusual for her. Not to mention her temper after having some ale was quite amazing as well. She loves picking fights when she’s trying to relax after all.” Pulling her ponytail free Raine shook her hair back over her shoulders. There that felt better.

Distracted by the tavern and by Blake the wolftaur didn’t even notice the stare. Instead she ran her fingers through the few tangles the wind had given her hair. Then feeling more relaxed, Raine propped her head in her hands as she looked around the tavern, “I say give it a bit before she tracks us down, but food wise she’ll be fine on her own. I’d rather save the tavern the damage.” Smiling at Blake she added, “As it is let’s just enjoy our meal.”

Akemi frowned at him. Innocent mind? How was she innocent when she was known as a blood loving demon around other packs? Obviously it was he that didn’t know much about her. She looked away though and just bit her tongue. There was no point arguing about something as simple as that. As it was he was fortunate to think of her as being innocent rather than the other. Raine had lectured her about creating a mess while in towns as well, so it was best to push aside her pride for once…just this once.

Plus it was nice to watch the wolftaur’s grandfather smacking him. He never mentioned he was related to the shop owner. What did that say if Cody wasn’t trusted by his own relative to sell wares? Her tail swayed in light amusement at the scene. As the older wolftaur questioned her she nodded, “Yes sir. It’s a fine blade much better at its job than any of those eye popping ones.” Though admittedly she could understand the appeal for those who didn’t have a true want of a good blade.

Saying her thanks towards the older wolftaur Akemi turned around and was about to walk away when she heard Cody speaking. Mouth pursing slightly she paused and tilted her gaze back towards him, “First of all…I’m not your dear. Secondly, does the girl not get to say if she’s interested or not? Does she go along just because he has an interest? Cause I’m sorry, but I have no interest myself. Therefore the idea of finding out more doesn’t seem to make sense.” Her ears twitched even more at his idea of dinner, “Don’t have to take the time?” Her gaze flashed, “Don’t you even understand how thrilling a hunt could be? The idea of finding something on your own for your own needs rather than sitting lazily and just having someone serve you?”

“As it is I already have a partner thank you very much~” Well not really. Her step stumbled just a bit and she flushed at the thought. Riker was her hunting partner, the pack’s leader…not anything like a boyfriend. Who wanted something like that anyway? Love was for fools. Boyfriends were a silly term anyway, just an excuse to get away with more without actually being responsible as a mate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:43 pm
Blake realized how stupid his question had been as Raine laughed, and flushed slightly. Of course Akemi would prefer to hunt her own meal down. Of course, the heat on his cheeks only increased as he watched Raine let herself relax. Couldn't he run his fingers through her hair...? Couldn't he just tell her what he'd been wanting to tell her?

"I'm sure I will enjoy," he said cheerfully, pouring out the water that had just been dropped off, handing one to Raine, and then his own glass. He drank half the glass quickly to cool himself and refilled it. Stay cool, bud...

Cody was stunned. Such an interesting woman. His smile faltered. "You do have a say, of course. But you gotta tell me if you accept or decline for me to know what your say is, and I want to make sure you actually understand what I'm asking before accepting an answer." Then his smile rose right back into place. "I'm not saying that I don't enjoy hunting. Not at all. But, the point of a date is to focus on your date, not on finding food."

When Akemi spoke of having a partner already, the smitten wolf was visibly disappointed. "Of course you would already have someone... A woman as interesting and sharp as you couldn't keep hidden away from some lucky taur's sight."

The grandfather sighed from his seat and threw an empty dagger sheath at his grandson, hitting Cody on the back of the head again. "Boy, that's the first thing you ask before going through the trouble of flirtin' with some girl! Now quit harassing the customer and get the house more firewood!" Content that his grandson's face was the appropriate shade of red by now, he turned to the grinder to start sharpening a few blades.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 pm

He was really cute when he flushed like that. Raine blinked at the thought before trying to keep her own flushing cheeks from showing. Instead the wolftaur allowed her gaze to trail over the tavern. How many years had it been since she had sat here? Her mother didn’t let her come here while she was growing up, but once she ran away…that had been the first night she had stayed here. Back then there had been more drunks at night…her ears dropped a little before she focused on taking the glass from Blake. As their fingertips brushed the female enjoyed the slight tingle of warmth for a second longer before pulling back to take a sip of water.

Smiling she nodded at his comment. Hopefully they both would enjoy! “We’ll eat then find that wild one of ours. I just hope she doesn’t get herself in trouble before then.” Oh, please please don’t let Akemi get into some sort of ruckus.

Akemi nodded at his statement, “Point taken I suppose. But I say no cause I don’t have the time for this. Plus it sounds slightly borin’ all this date nonsense. I’m already runnin’ late.” She straightened her pack on her back before turning as if to leave. Why would he even want to ask her on a date anyways? Then looking all disappointed like…what a silly image it was. She wasn’t one of those feminine girls who swooned over guys like him. She was a hunter, not a lover. Sheesh. Stuff like that was stifling and kept her from her freedom of the woods.

She nearly stumbled at the grandfather’s words of flirting before catching herself. All that was flirting? Akemi rubbed the back of her neck before continuing on. What a crazy situation! She was so distracted in her thoughts that the wolftaur didn’t realize she had taken a couple of wrong turns in the market. It was only several minutes more of walking that she finally realized her mistake. Swearing under her breath Akemi turned around to find her path again before realizing that she had been followed by a couple of taurs.

“’Ello pretty gal.”

“Wanna play wit us?”

What was up with everyone today? Akemi made a face before finding herself back up a couple of feet. Raine told her to not make a ruckus…and stabbing them in the face would probably be considered such a thing. What the hell was she supposed to do then? “Trust me guys, just let me pass on through.” Her voice came out in a low growl as her hands slowly clenched at her sides. It was getting harder to resist the temptation of using her blades by the second.

“But what would be the fun in that?” Asked a third who appeared from the side as he reached out for Akemi.

Cein Isles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff