Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 am
Urban Thorne
"I will get everryone rready to move at ze soonest, of courrse... do we wish to bo'der with trrying to forrage... and what do you wish done wit' ze prrisoners?"

User Image
User Image"No foraging. We'll assemble hunting parties when we return. I'll leave that under your care." Crossing his arms at his chest, Johannes watches the group attending to the wounded. "There were a fair number of civilians this time. I want to make sure they are getting the care they require before we move on through. We are responsible for their current condition." Glancing to his side, he addresses her quietly. "You can start back with the main group, I will stay briefly and offer assistance. I can catch up with you later."

Returning his attention to the gathering a short distance away, his eyes fall upon the charred emblem of one Paladin's Rod soldier. The man is young, probably still in training. Johanne's gaze lingers with him as a fellow Order brother tightly wraps the young man's bleeding leg. "Look at them, Azzy.. " His murmured tone reflecting a disheartened resignation, "Some of them are still fledglings. The Order has definitely changed their tactics. Now they seem to be pushing out greater numbers but sacrificing their readiness in the process. Such aggressive designs does not fair well for our cause, on either side."

Returning his attention to Asmyrra. "Fledgling prisoners," he shakes his head softly. "What would you suggest we do with them?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am
Urban Thorne
What is the Beast? A punishment for humanity's immorality, yes? And a divine being, as well? Ask yourself this, my brother and Lord: If the gods placed us here to defeat the Beast, what is to stop the powers that created the Beast from sending a similar counterpoint?

User Image
User Image
The swiftness of your response successfully distracts Gabriel from the protective irritation that had risen with your perceived accusation. His hand paused while pouring the wine, leaving the glass only half full. With great personal scrutiny he watches the lines of your face as you present your impassioned argument.

Shaking his head stubbornly, Gabriel finishes filling his glass and returns the wine bottle to rest upon the table. "So you are suggesting that Asmyrra is some harbinger for this Karmatic entity, aiding the Beast through first infiltration of the Order and then seduction of one of our brothers."

He raises his glass to take a sturdy draught. "Come now Uriel, I never thought you to be the type for conspiracy theories."  

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am
Urban Thorne
Minai chan
"What would you suggest we do with them?"

User Image
User Image
"...I think, werre it my decision... I would send zem back to ze Paladin's Rrod, minus arrmourr and weapons, of courrse. Perrhaps with ze agrreement zat they do naut face us by choice again." She studied the small band of knights from the Order for a long moment, the focus and intensity of her gaze mirroring her thoughts. But the moment was soon broken, the contrite wind stirred enough to swirl her hair about her again, clouding her vision. As a thin-boned hand brushed it behind her ear again, she turned with a determined expression to Johannes.

"Some of these men, ze arre squirres zat werre going thrrough ze trraining to become Knights naut long beforre we left, Lorrd Angel. I do naut think it long before ze send even grreater numberrs against ze Irron Fist. And... and I do naut trrust zerre commanderrs to honourr ze oath. If we rrelease zem, we will face zem again. But, you know zis... and you know I cannaut leave you herre. If you wish, I will send our trroops ahead, and I shall stay to help you."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 am
Urban Thorne
Minai chan
"Come now Uriel, I never thought you to be the type for conspiracy theories."

User Image
User Image
His features shifted faintly into a more thoughtful expression at Gabriel's counter, a genuine pause to consider masking the hint of frustration that his brother was being so... obscure... to his idea. After a moment though, he shook his head, and gazed back at Gabriel with a decisive look. "I can tell you this, Lord Gabriel... she is certainly no Angel, not as we brothers are at least. Perhaps she is merely an extraordinary young person who certain powers have whispered to?"

"Imagine this, my brother," he murmured in a lower tone of voice, leaning forward almost imperceptably. "We Angels are the hands of the gods, the enactors of their will. We both know that all of us must be present for the Beast to fall. And we must remain pure to our duties, and our faith. What would be the result of a heretic leading one of us astray through persuasion? A prolonging of the Beast's time here, if nothing less."

"But what if..." and here his voice got quieter. "What if, through charisma, logic, and whatever other forms of persuasion this heretic can bring to bear... what if she can convince our brother to definatively act against our faith? What if the divine shield we all bear in our actions is disrupted? What if, should such a thing happen... what if Johannes became corrupted?"

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:48 am
[Apple.Tequilla]
There was always a sense of longing...
User Image
User Image
A sudden chill caught her for a moment as she climbed steadily higher. The wind had grown teeth as of late and was eagerly tearing at her hands, willing her to simply let go. It had occured to her several times already that scaling the wall was not the brightest idea that had ever occured to her. A moment later, Eva swung herself over the top of the wall to drop somewhat gracefully to the path below. Glancing about to make sure no one was about, she retrieved her cloak from the usual hiding spot and quickly pulled it on.

Now that a certain level of safety was guaranteed from the more devout follorwers, she was free to wander. For a little while at least. Undoubtedly she would be sent out again and soon but the brief rest was more than welcome. Predictably, her 'aimless wanderings' brought her to the place best fit for admiring the stained glass. The stories they depicted were much like old friends to her. They were the kind of stories that she could tell in her sleep and that familiarity was a comfort all its own. As she stood looking up at a particularly brilliant green and red depiction, her lips moved in the equally familiar prayers. No sound above the faintest whisper graced the words and they were unto only the gods to hear.

It was here that she could feel some measure of peace. Laughing softly, she continued on though her main objective had been accomplished. Momentary as if often was, the peace she gained was well worth it. At least, that was what she told herself often enough. All is well, all is well. The old words as familiar as the sound of rain. All is well with my soul.
...that I never thought I'd miss.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 am
{ - Zack - }

keeper of the dungeon
Zack knelt among the bodies of the dead a peice of parchment in one hand and a quill in the other. At his feet a bottle of open black ink sat. His emerald eyes moved over the bodies befoe him and his lips moved as he counted silently to himself. After a few moments he dipped the quill in to the ink and began to write on the parchment which was already heavily marked. It had been divided, one was marked Paladin's Rod, another marked Iron Fist, and the last marked civillians. His father had taught him his letters back at their village and he found he was always quite greateful for that even with times such as they were. He scratched out a tick mark for each dead body he found in the appropriate column as he reflected on this. In the Iron Fist column he wrote out the names of everyone he'd found along with their position. In the Paladin's Rod column he wrote out the positions of the dead. The civilans column just held tick marks although it held far more of those marks then either of the other two.

His work complete, Zack got to his feet letting out a slight sigh as he glanced around him once more. He spotted Shadow a few yards off. The wolf was ripping out the throat of one of the dead bodies on the ground his pale eyes focused intently on the task. Shaking his head Zack let out a low whistle. The black wolf's ears perked up and he glanced up before running over to Zack his muzzle still dripping with blood. Zack shook his head lightly again. "What have I told you about doing that Shadow....you should not disrespect the bodies of the dead with such acts. I know you're hungry, we all are." He gathered up the bottle of ink and stuffed that and the quill into a small leather pack he wore before he turned and began walking back the way he'd come from, the wolf padding softly along beside him. "I think I saw a butchers shop somewhere among the market. After I deliver my report I'll go and get you some food."

The boy and his black wolf continued to walk back towards where Asmyrra and Johannes were talking. Once he'd reached the two commanders Zack gave a slight bow and held out the parchment towards them. He cleared his throat slightly and spoke clealry although not without a slight hint of nervousness in his voice. He was never sure how to act around the commanders and he always seemed to get a bit nervous. Shadow sat at his side pale eyes watching the other two figures. "Sirs, here is the report you requested. The civilian count far outweighs the count of those lost on either side I'm afraid. Although our losses are also less then those of the Paladin's Rod."

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:51 am
Urban Thorne
..and I do naut trrust zerre commanderrs to honourr ze oath. If we rrelease zem, we will face zem again. But, you know zis... and you know I cannaut leave you herre. If you wish, I will send our trroops ahead, and I shall stay to help you."

User Image
User Image
Johannes gives a faint shake of his head. "No, there are ways to keep them from sundering their word. If I must, I will bind them by an oath of the Order. Should they betray us then, they would also bring shame to the Paladin's Rod, making them no longer welcome in the Cathedral. After all.." his tone effecting a touch of irony as he quotes one of the Cardinals " shame has no place with the divine."

As Asmyrra continues, a low whistle draws Johannes's attention to the young man with the wolf further out on the field. He glances back to his commander beside him upon her declaration of loyal defiance. "You are a very stubborn woman Asmyrra.. has anyone ever told you that?" he answers her with a half hearted scowl, his voice lowering to a murmur as the young man turns and approaches them.

"Sirs, here is the report you requested. The civilian count far outweighs the count of those lost on either side I'm afraid. Although our losses are also less then those of the Paladin's Rod."

Nodding to Zack, Johannes takes the extended parchment. "I can't say it comes as a surprise, the Paladin's Rod was only a light patrol. We brought more manpower for hauling back the supplies. " he replies, unrolling the scroll to study the contents. "Thank you, Arethos." As he scans over the piece he notices Shadow alertly stationed beside the young man. Catching sight of the wet red stain still traced on the animal's jaw, Johannes turns his attention to Zack. "Arethos, set about our forces and gather a hunting team. Pick out a dozen men. Head north into the deeper woods. The game will be ample there." He glances between the two, now including Asmyrra into the conversation. "Those remaining here will help with clean up, then we'll all rendezvous back at the nothern camp. Meanwhile, I will handle the prisioners. Understood?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 am
Urban Thorne
Minai chan
"You are a very stubborn woman Asmyrra.. has anyone ever told you that?" he answers her with a half hearted scowl, his voice lowering to a murmur as the young man turns and approaches them.

User Image
User Image
A thoughtful look crossed her ice-coloured features as she listened to Johannes's thought on how to handle the situation with the prisoners, though a certain tightness showed in the corners of her violet eyes as he quoted the Cardinal's words... after all, she herself had learned those words when she'd been elevated to that rank. But the pained flicker of her features faded at his last murmurings. Instead, a corner of her dark-coloured lips quirked a half-smirk, a single raised eyebrow finishing the body language of, "Would you tolerate me another way...?", before she also turned her attention to the commander approaching.

"Sirs, here is the report you requested. The civilian count far outweighs the count of those lost on either side I'm afraid. Although our losses are also less then those of the Paladin's Rod."

It took standing on the balls of her feet to peer over Johannes's shoulder at the scroll, but Asmyrra had long ago done away with how she appeared before her fellow soldiers. Besides, the information was important... and drew a soft hiss of disappointment as she saw the casualty numbers for the civilians. "Lord Johannes... zis is naut ze usual prractice of ze Orrder... zey have neverr fought us zis fierrcely among civilianz...", was her quiet murmur.

A pensive frown crossing her features as she continued to scan the rest of the scroll, she only half-heard the rest of Johannes's comment... but her well-trained eyes caught Johannes's movement, and a moment's pause to reconnoiter brought a brisk nod as she, too, turned her attention to Zack.
"Pick ze best hunterrs you know, Arrethos, and pass any shorrtages of needed equipment immediately. Especially afterr zis battle, we need food morre zan ano'therr fight. If zerre is some way I can aid yourr prreparrations, you need only ask."

With that, she offered a firm nod to Zack, then started to unconsciously straighten into a salute to Johannes... only to wince inwardly, and instead offer him a slightly hesitant bow before pivoting uneasily on one foot, and gliding away towards those attending the wounded.

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 am
{ - Marcus - }

Chris Teke
((i am going to add a profile for Ratta, but i need him now, so until the profile is up, he is an NPC. Orange is general, Red is Marcus, Blue is Ratta)) They had arrived late. Had they been there an hour earlier, the Aris would have been able to steal just what they needed to survive. They wouldn’t have stolen anything more. Marcus gazed over what used to be the farmers market. Death was everywhere.

From his spot in the remains of a bush, he saw three officers surveying the ruins. He figured they were all from the Iron Fist since he could make out their symbol on two of the three. With the last, he had to guess that since there was no hostility, she was part of the Iron Fist as well. Had he looked closer, he would have recognized her as a member of the Paladin's Rod. At least, she used to be.

He had to make a quick decision. Would they stay and take whatever they could find, or should they turn back, hungry and tired, with nothing to feed the starving clan.
" Can we take them?" he asked his right hand man. The small boy responded "Three probably skilled fighters with swords versus ten starving kids with darts? What do you think?"

Although the boy was only seven, he was very smart, however, no one really knew his name. The Aris doubted that he even knew his own name. Everyone just called him Ratta. They might have called him that because of an old children's story that they had been told many times when their parents were still alive. Ratta was a very small rat, who had infinite knowledge and could sense history just by focusing on a certain place. The boy had the same power.

The main reason they called him Ratta, however, was not because of the story. It was because he had many rat-like qualities: Unruly hair, rotten teeth, and fleas. When he fought, he may have always been the smallest, but he was vicious. He chose his battles wisely and had never lost. Not even to Marcus, the most skilled fighter in their clan.

Ratta was right. Even though they need the food, they couldn’t lose their lives for it. Marcus told the Aris to turn back. Nine turned back for the woods. One stayed and decided to risk looting. The Aris didn’t turn back for him. If he didn’t follow orders, he deserved to die.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 am
User Image
User Image
"However.." Setting his glass down upon the table, he raises his eyes to meet your gaze. There is a low burning fire within those eyes. A blaze of passion and determination.. "We are going to retrieve our fallen brother long before such an unfortunate event will ever occur. He will stand beside us against the Beast, and the unholy creature will be defeated."

Resting his hands on the table, he leans in close to you. "That will be your task, Uriel. You are going to retrieve Johannes and bring him back to us safely. And if Asmyrra gets in the way, I am certain you will do what is needed to .. overcome.. such obstacles." His voice steels with conviction. "Johannes will return to us.. voluntarily or not."

Straightening in his stance, he causally lowers a graceful hand to sweep up his wine glass once more. "You may take another for assistance in this mission, but you must not divulge your true task to any ears other than my own." Turning his back to you, Gabriel strolls out towards the balcony. "That will be all, brother. May the Gods ensure your swift return."  

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 am
{ - Zack - }

keeper of the dungeon
"Yes sir." Zack said with another slight bow a smile on his face. He was a pretty good hunter, having lived in the forest for almost half his life. "I'll be sure that we have a feast to eat tonight, nobody's gonna go hungry if I can help it."

With another slight bow, Zack turned and began to head off towards where the rest of the men were standing around talking amongst themselves. He always felt odd when he had to go through and pick men to accompany him on any sort of mission considering that he was younger then a large number of them. Since Johanne's himself had named him a commander a few months ago, he'd learned quite abit and earned the respect of many of them.

His mind was already on the men trying to mentally pick out the ones he would want with him for the hunting party and also wondering who he could borrow a bow and some arrows from, he'd need them for the hunt after all. Since he was preocupied, he did not immediatley notice the fact that Shadow was not following him. When he did notice he blinked slightly and turned around. The wolf had stood up but was still in just about the same position he'd been in when Zack had been giving his report. His black nose was sniffing at the air. As Zack continued to watch, the wolf crouched down slightly his pale eyes focusing on a cluster of bushes a few yards away near the edge of the forest. A low grow echoed from the back of the wolfs throat. Frowning slightly, Zack walked back towards the wolf glancing at the bushes that he was growling at. He didn't see anything, but he didn't like the way Shadow was acting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 am
Urban Thorne
Minai chan
"Johannes will return to us.. voluntarily or not."

User Image
User Image
A wise man did not allow his emotions to cloud his interactions with his superiors... and so Uriel's only response to Gabriel's dictation was a faint bowing of his head, followed shortly by a deep bow of acknowledgement before he turned, and smoothly made his way from the chamber. Pausing just past the guards outside, long-fingered hands slowly curled into fists, their nails digging pale ridges in his palms, followed by blood.

"Fool... the Angel of Dominion will not simply immolate and emerge reborn, like some pheonix... this is our test. A test to determine whether we truly follow the will of the gods. There is a reason why we must all be there. If one of us falls, we doom this world, and the gods' creations within it... Why can you not see it?!"

Uriel slowly drew in a deep breath, forcing his thoughts to still before he started down the stairs, his footsteps echoing with a firm haste. There was much to attend to... and he had to find some way of counteracting that... that heretic witch... if he were to stand a chance. As his brisk pace carried him down the tower, a swirling pattern of green on one of the walkways near the rear of the tower flickered in the corner of his eyes, causing his attention to stray... and his steps to slow. Many were the archers in the Order of the Paladin's Rod, but he had heard of this one... her uncanny ability to see tremendous distances... and her ability to eliminate heretics, whatever magics they called upon.

A faintly triumphant smile curved his lips, and he briskly made his way down the tower, heading towards the path curving past the stained-glass windows outside... and the solitary woman ambling down them...

Cheshiyre
Crew

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 am
[Apple.Tequilla]

User Image
User ImageThere was always a sense of longing...

Eva had been watching a group of children playing nearby when she sensed someone watching her. Normally she could ignore such things but...she turned to look over her shoulder then smiled. It seemed that 'vacation' was over already. Not that she minded much, the Cathedral grew tiresome after so many displeased people had made their prescence known. She wondered for a brief moment if this might, in fact, be the prelude to disciplinary action. However, Lord Uriel would hardly be the one to deliver such justice. Turning to face him completely, she bowed slightly as he approached then settled into a ready stance.

Hopefully he was not the type to be offended easily. While she knew his face just as any officer knew those above them she had never come closer than a spectator's distance. Such a place gives you little insight to a person, whatever some people thought. She laughed quietly then wished suddenly that she hadn't. Regardless of her usual careless nature, she did owe some sort of respect to the Lord. So strange to be nervous all of a sudden. Inwardly she sighed and tried to relax the lump that had formed in her throat. It had been a long time since last she cared about coming off as an idiot. Well, here goes nothing. Just cross your fingers and hope nothing stupid comes out.

"Mi'lord Uriel, a nice day to be out walking isn't it?"

Damn.

...that I never thought I'd miss.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 am
{ - Marcus - }

Chris Teke
keeper of the dungeon
His mind was already on the men trying to mentally pick out the ones he would want with him for the hunting party and also wondering who he could borrow a bow and some arrows from, he'd need them for the hunt after all. Since he was preocupied, he did not immediatley notice the fact that Shadow was not following him. When he did notice he blinked slightly and turned around. The wolf had stood up but was still in just about the same position he'd been in when Zack had been giving his report. His black nose was sniffing at the air. As Zack continued to watch, the wolf crouched down slightly his pale eyes focusing on a cluster of bushes a few yards away near the edge of the forest. A low grow echoed from the back of the wolfs throat. Frowning slightly, Zack walked back towards the wolf glancing at the bushes that he was growling at. He didn't see anything, but he didn't like the way Shadow was acting.

The boy hidden in the bush was cowering. Why did I stay? he asked himself. The wolf had smelled him. He couldn’t escape. He couldn’t fight. He reached down for his darts, but found he had dropped them. dammit! he prayed the wolf wouldn't hurt him. He prayed he could get out alive all the while doubting his prayers would be answered.

(((EDIT)))

As the others snuck back into the woods, Marcus took a second to look back at where his friend lay, hiding. He may have given the air of wanting him dead, but he couldn’t bear to lose another member of his adopted family. Then he saw the wolf. Please let him live he prayed. After looking closer, he thought he could recognize Johannes. If it was, he could probably save the boy. If not, well, it couldn’t hurt to try. When he arrived at the hideout, he began to write a note.

Dear Johannes,
I have learned enough to control where and when I can send small objects. As proof of who I am, this letter should have appeared soon after I talked to you. I have run from the Paladin's Rod and have formed my own group.

There will be an attack on a farmers market. A wolf will be sniffing out a bush. Behind the bush is a child. He may not remember you, but you should remember him. He was the one who liked to steal food from the kitchens. He stayed behind against my orders to turn back so that he could try to steal food for us. I guess some things never change. Please, do not let him be killed. And if at all possible, please feed him, he needs it.

Marcus

Marcus folded the letter so that it was small enough to send back. Then he wrote another note, telling the boy in the bush to stay calm, and to steal as much food as he could if he was fed.

(( underlined is a flashback))

Thanks again Johannes! I'll be sure to tell you when I can control this power better. The young Marcus turned and ran back to his friends. He had always loved talking to Johannes. He even wanted to grow up to be just like him. He was eight at the time, however, and would soon grow out of that phase. Just as he left, a note appeared before Johannes.

Cheshiyre
Crew

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas