Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply Characters discussion!
Leliana

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Leliana?
  DAO
  DAI
  Leliana <3
  Not so much </3
View Results

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:38 am
SO since most people have played at least some of the game now i want to know which you like better and why.

DAO Leliana
or
DAI Leliana

I love both aspects of her... she was sweet and maybe a little naive in DAO and she turned in to a badass in DAI ... she has a very high character arch  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:17 pm
I played DAI first and before I finished it, I decided to play the two previous games.
So at first when I played DAI I didn't really much like Leliana (not knowing anything about her to begin with), she was very cold, didn't really much care for taking human lives, she lived eat or be eaten sort of lifestyle
But then I started DAO and oh man I just fell in love with her, my little naive bb that just wanted to have a greater purpose in life, that just wanted to believe that andastre wanted so much for her, she wasn't innocent, given her past as a 'bard', but hot damn she sure played it off as if she was.

My opinion of her changed in dai afterwards but i dunno
I think I like who she was in dao so much more

Fabricated Fairytales

Witty Humorist

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:22 am
Fabricated Fairytales
I played DAI first and before I finished it, I decided to play the two previous games.
So at first when I played DAI I didn't really much like Leliana (not knowing anything about her to begin with), she was very cold, didn't really much care for taking human lives, she lived eat or be eaten sort of lifestyle
But then I started DAO and oh man I just fell in love with her, my little naive bb that just wanted to have a greater purpose in life, that just wanted to believe that andastre wanted so much for her, she wasn't innocent, given her past as a 'bard', but hot damn she sure played it off as if she was.

have you played Leliana's Song? oh man  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:39 pm
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales

Gah I haven't :c I haven't gotten any of the DLC besides getting awakening recently

Fabricated Fairytales

Witty Humorist

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:48 am
Fabricated Fairytales
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales

Gah I haven't :c I haven't gotten any of the DLC besides getting awakening recently

oh man you should.. sometimes you can get lucky and find DAO collection on sale for like $8 at gamestop that comes with all the DLC... thats what i did so i didnt have to pay $10 each .. if you play that you will have a whole new respect for her  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales

oh man you should.. sometimes you can get lucky and find DAO collection on sale for like $8 at gamestop that comes with all the DLC... thats what i did so i didnt have to pay $10 each .. if you play that you will have a whole new respect for her

Sorry for the late reply! ^^; I've actually been looking everywhere for those, and I can't find 'em. It's so hard to find

Fabricated Fairytales

Witty Humorist

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:32 am
Fabricated Fairytales
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales
PandasKitten
Fabricated Fairytales

Sorry for the late reply! ^^; I've actually been looking everywhere for those, and I can't find 'em. It's so hard to find

what are you playing one again? i believe they are in the PS store on playstation an maybe in xbox store as well for pc im guessing they have them as well.. or you can buy the dlc at gamestop and they give you a code  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 pm
To me. DAI.

Leliana is a Spymaster so yes she is going to be a little cold. At this point she sees you as a person helping the Inquisition, not leading it. Plus if you interfere with her plans she feels you are going above her. So I can see why the first time you meet her she is a little cold. Her job is probably one of the hardest. But has anyone here chosen Mages and did the In Hush Whispers mission. OMG!

My love for Leliana is absolute right now.

LadyHawke4673

Divine Star

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Market Browser 100

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 pm
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

Leliana is a Spymaster so yes she is going to be a little cold. At this point she sees you as a person helping the Inquisition, not leading it. Plus if you interfere with her plans she feels you are going above her. So I can see why the first time you meet her she is a little cold. Her job is probably one of the hardest. But has anyone here chosen Mages and did the In Hush Whispers mission. OMG!

have you played dragon age origins? Leliana is so sickeningly sweet and innocent compared to the harsh cold spymaster but i <3 her either way  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:28 am
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

have you played dragon age origins? Leliana is so sickeningly sweet and innocent compared to the harsh cold spymaster but i <3 her either way

I've only played a bit, but I've been reviewing videos and choices on youtube. (Actually just recently started playing origins then the disk decided to crap out on me so I've got to go and get a new disk.) Although it still doesn't stop my love for her character in DAI. She acts cold at first, but you have the option to see her soft side. Especially since this is after the death of a dear friend of hers. I think it's great character development. After such a death, most people would be feeling cold and distant. Plus some of her quotes are still "sweet" and "innocent" when she talks to Josephine about the HOR problem. Not to mention how she talks in Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. But alas. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to go on any longer.  

LadyHawke4673

Divine Star

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Market Browser 100

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:36 am
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

I've only played a bit, but I've been reviewing videos and choices on youtube. (Actually just recently started playing origins then the disk decided to crap out on me so I've got to go and get a new disk.) Although it still doesn't stop my love for her character in DAI. She acts cold at first, but you have the option to see her soft side. Especially since this is after the death of a dear friend of hers. I think it's great character development. After such a death, most people would be feeling cold and distant. Plus some of her quotes are still "sweet" and "innocent" when she talks to Josephine about the HOR problem. Not to mention how she talks in Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. But alas. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to go on any longer.

She has always been my favorite I wish I could have more interaction with her in DAI maybe I'll start another game... That would make my 8th play lol XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:11 pm
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

She has always been my favorite I wish I could have more interaction with her in DAI maybe I'll start another game... That would make my 8th play lol XD

It's what I love about DA! You can play it so many times through and still have more story to learn, more to gain. The first time around I didn't talk to her at all at Haven. But I got to learn more about her in my second and third time through.  

LadyHawke4673

Divine Star

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Market Browser 100

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:05 pm
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

It's what I love about DA! You can play it so many times through and still have more story to learn, more to gain. The first time around I didn't talk to her at all at Haven. But I got to learn more about her in my second and third time through.

i think out of all the DA characters she has the highest arc  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:09 pm
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
To me. DAI.

That is true. She has a lot of character development during all the games.  

LadyHawke4673

Divine Star

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Market Browser 100

Tairn McBeth
Crew

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:08 pm
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko
PandasKitten
LivelyNeko

That is true. She has a lot of character development during all the games.

yea you kinda see her in DA2 if you get the dlc but otherwise shes just talked about  
Characters discussion!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games