Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Kendo Guild

Back to Guilds

Where kendoist can come together and share there experiences while having a good time. 

Tags: kendo, kenshi, shinai, bogu, sensei 

Reply Ask Sensei
Better then Jeeves

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sensei The Great
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 pm
Listen to Sensei!

Hello,
I am Sensei The Great. I will be the one in charge of the "Ask Sensei" Section of the fourm. Just know that I'm not on that often due to work. Even so I can guarantee you an answer in 1-3 days.

That is all...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 pm
Hai Sensei! Do you know a good way to find good quality dojos. I sadly will be graduating university, where I have been learning Kendo, but I would like to continue practicing. I am aware I can practice by myslef, but I would also like to find a good dojo to train at.  

WolfCarson

Sensei The Great
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am
Listen to sensei!

The best place to go for finding a dojo is the kendo federation website. http://www.auskf.info/ Here is the website for the American kendo federation. Let sensei know if you need the site for a different country.

That is all...

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:13 am
Oh astute sensei, do you know where I could repair or even buy high quality shinai for bottom dollar?  

I am Z

Shameless Hoarder

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sensei The Great
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:08 am
Listen to sensei!

The best thing to do to fix a shenai is fix it yourself. you can save alot of money doing that instead of buying an entirely new shinai. Here are some useful links of how to tie the knots of a shinai and how to put the shinai back together and buy replacement pieces.

http://www.shinai.org/housemef/shinaimaint/shinaimaint.html
http://www.e-bogu.com/Shinai_s/24.htm

When you take apart the shinai make sure you sand the inside of the slots and sand of any spilters. If the splinter is more of a crack the shinai can not be fix. Even so keep it so you can use if for parts to fix other shinais.

Lastly a good thing to do is to put oil on the shinai. It makes it shiny and look new. There are special shinai oils that you can buy but canola oil or veggie oil work just as good.
(its sorta like healing a tree branch with sap)

that is all...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 pm
Hi Sensai. I have a question but I have to explain a bit first I'm 7th kyu kendo but I had to leave my dojo for transport and college reasons but I still want to keep up with the practise. Is there a way I can kendo help if an when I might really need it?  

Wolf Born Samurai

3,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Ask Sensei

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items