• That One Hero 500
  • Team Josie 25
-

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
It actually is necessary, yes, to have all the Buffs at CL 10. And decent attacks.

When you first start out in DMS, you'll be seen as a "newbie", and no matter what, you'll always have an a*****e or two that'll look down upon you. But if you make it clear that you have all the requisite buffs at CL 10, and show that you have decent attacks at CL 10 (I.E. Not AOE's like Fire Rain or HWB), then you'll be sure to find a crew eventually.

Mind you, DMS is an instance that does require some patience these days, as the player base is much slimmer compared to when it opened in Nov 2011.

Jelly Waffles

Mage is correct. But I would like to say what my definition of the diference between a new player and a noob.

A true noob to DMS is a person with only 8 rings at CL 10. 4 of those rings will be AoE attacks, 2 will most likely be Buffs, and the last two will be health rings. That person will also have no understanding of how the swap ring CL function works. When asked to change rings, a noob will either say he doesn't have the rings (which is usually true) or that the rings asked for are nowhere near high enough. But the true noob will, after being told what s/he needs to do DMS properly, just insult the regulars and try to start recruiting for a smob run.

A Newbie is someone that has a lot of the basic needed rings at CL 10. Note, they might be missing a buff or two, but all the ones they have are all leveled up and can be worked with. a new player is willing to take advice and might have even read the guides here in the forum.

Fatcat

It's not really discrimination. You were just unprepared and that's more so your fault.
Only having 2 buffs at CL 10 would be quite the inconvenience for a crew that's already midrun and all have their buffs. If you join and everyone is already in DMS and you tell them you only have 2 specific buffs at 10, then the crew members that are carrying the buffs you have will have to walk to null, switch out, walk back, etc etc which takes a lot of time that could have been saved if you just took more time to get the rest of your buffs to 10.
DMS is a long enough process as it is and situations like this make it longer.
Just get a few more buffs to 10 and make sure you have basics hack,mantis,slash,bump or shuriken, meat, and a passive leveled as well.

Magic Seeker

12,625 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Having a flexible ring set will always benefit you. c:
If you really want to dms, then mention the crew the buffs you have at cl 10 so the person assigning won't give you buffs that you may or may not have. It also helps to have single-targeted attacks like mantis, hack, and slash leveled.

It's upsetting that you're getting such treatment; That isn't exactly the best way to getting introduced to dms, but there are ppl that wouldn't even crew a cl 10 in the first place. There will be 1337s.

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Hatsu Glory
Is it really necessary to upgrade all buff rings to level 10 just so we can join crews?

As DMS is a level 10+ area, yes it absolutely is necessary. When you have a buff that is not level 10, you are buffing everyone with that ring, not just yourself. It makes it more difficult for the entire crew, and that is unfair. Also, as B0nerita said, if a crew already has their buffs set up, and then they have to change everything to suit your rings, that is also unfair. You need to understand that DMS is not like any other area in Zomg - It is a long process to get through, often taking hours on a single run, and it has special procedures that need to be followed for everyone to survive and do well.

What you are describing is not at all discrimination. It is how the game works. If a carnival ride says, must be this tall to ride, and you are smaller than that, they would not let you ride. That's not discrimination, it's common sense and basic safety.

Just take the time to level up your rings.

Perfect Saint

zOMG is a meritocracy, I'm afraid. Especially, in the DMS. Your crew relies on each member more than any other area.

Blessed Girl

17,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divorced 100
You will never understand why they are important when you start learning dms. The higher dms players have lost hope in the new zomg generation. If you don't have your stuff together it sucks to be you. As everyone has stated in that thread you need to be prepared with/for everything. When you go pass yellow maze, if you can't play well you will be replaced. If you don't have amps or revives like you're expected to you will be replaced depending on the crew. Not all crews are the same. Stop being butthurt. Once you have learned a lot in dms, you can tell people to stop telling you what to do or do what you want. You're new still that fact won't change. Be patient about crews.

Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Hatsu Glory
Is it really necessary to upgrade all buff rings to level 10 just so we can join crews?

Yes.

/thread

Friendly Noob

13,575 Points
  • 5000 High Score 200
  • That One Hero 500
  • Team Josie 25
Ohhh...well, thanks. I have learned a lot more in this thread, thanks to you guys. >: )

And then, I also want to ask, what specific kinds of rings do I need there in DMS, and how many of these kinds should I bring?

I heard that bringing Defibrillate is not encouraged.

Avant-Garde Fairy

29,400 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • 5000 High Score 200
Hatsu Glory
Ohhh...well, thanks. I have learned a lot more in this thread, thanks to you guys. >: )

And then, I also want to ask, what specific kinds of rings do I need there in DMS, and how many of these kinds should I bring?

Well I set my rings as this:

Buff, Buff, Meat, Fitness, Solar Rays(or any long range), Hack, Mantis and any melee such as Slash or Bump.

For a newcomer, Meat is very important. Bandage is not a necessary ring, even though you have non-raging buffs. Just r1 them or rage before entering DMS to r4 the important buff.

You can bring for long range, Hot Foot, Shark Attack, Shuriken or Guns. Hornet, Balloon, Dervish and Fire Rain are not allowed for a DPSer cuz they are AoE (Area of Effect), which hits multiple targets, and you only need to focus on one target.

In most crews only the Aggro brings Defib. A few bring Defib cuz they might be lv 11.4 or higher, hence they do not need Meat anymore. But yeah, only the tank brings it.

I hope that helps though.

Magical Senshi

What everyone else, you're honestly better upgrading most of your rings to cl 10 if you really don't want to be called a noob/newbie. Honestly the best rings to upgrade are the higher dps sets: hack/mantis/slash/bump/fitness/buff 1/buff 2
don't bother with healing rings unless you plan to actually tank, you don't really need meat either as long as you have a good tank to take all the hits for you and heals you, unless you're some unlucky guy meat curse or whatever. Meat, is however preferred in some crew during certain instances as their max hp is a lot lower and would mean more work for the tank to keep you alive, now. Since a lot of newbies mistake the terms aggro and tank, tank is the one who takes damage for you by taking aggro, aggro is what they hold and enables them to lure/take wolves/vamps/bats/whatever in the first place, any one can have aggro, however it's tank's role to keep the aggro, otherwise you'd die unless you have healing rings and know how to use it. There are plenty of good dms guides in which you can easily spot in the subforum, which can tell you exactly all about dms.

Friendly Noob

13,575 Points
  • 5000 High Score 200
  • That One Hero 500
  • Team Josie 25
Starburst Colors- EoM
Hatsu Glory

Well I set my rings as this:

Buff, Buff, Meat, Fitness, Solar Rays(or any long range), Hack, Mantis and any melee such as Slash or Bump.

For a newcomer, Meat is very important. Bandage is not a necessary ring, even though you have non-raging buffs. Just r1 them or rage before entering DMS to r4 the important buff.

You can bring for long range, Hot Foot, Shark Attack, Shuriken or Guns. Hornet, Balloon, Dervish and Fire Rain are not allowed for a DPSer cuz they are AoE (Area of Effect), which hits multiple targets, and you only need to focus on one target.

In most crews only the Aggro brings Defib. A few bring Defib cuz they might be lv 11.4 or higher, hence they do not need Meat anymore. But yeah, only the tank brings it.

I hope that helps though.

Yea thanks, in the first place, I don't know what kinds of rings to bring. Hmmm....so Fire Rain isn't allowed...so BTW, why do we need to focus on only one target?

Friendly Noob

13,575 Points
  • 5000 High Score 200
  • That One Hero 500
  • Team Josie 25
Caimbrie
What everyone else, you're honestly better upgrading most of your rings to cl 10 if you really don't want to be called a noob/newbie. Honestly the best rings to upgrade are the higher dps sets: hack/mantis/slash/bump/fitness/buff 1/buff 2
don't bother with healing rings unless you plan to actually tank, you don't really need meat either as long as you have a good tank to take all the hits for you and heals you, unless you're some unlucky guy meat curse or whatever. Meat, is however preferred in some crew during certain instances as their max hp is a lot lower and would mean more work for the tank to keep you alive, now. Since a lot of newbies mistake the terms aggro and tank, tank is the one who takes damage for you by taking aggro, aggro is what they hold and enables them to lure/take wolves/vamps/bats/whatever in the first place, any one can have aggro, however it's tank's role to keep the aggro, otherwise you'd die unless you have healing rings and know how to use it. There are plenty of good dms guides in which you can easily spot in the subforum, which can tell you exactly all about dms.

Yea, thanks, this helps a lot. I didn't even know what "tank" and "aggro" means...I have encountered those words a lot, but I didn't know their meanings. Well thanks to you, I get it now. >: )

Magical Senshi

Hatsu Glory

Yea, thanks, this helps a lot. I didn't even know what "tank" and "aggro" means...I have encountered those words a lot, but I didn't know their meanings. Well thanks to you, I get it now. >: )

It's okay, people are learning and if you take too many AoE's or rings like slash (even though it's so goood) attack multiple targets when r4'd, so if you enter GR/Green rooms you have to be careful when using it. So attacking multiple targets can steal aggro, which would mean causing yourself more damage, reason why you'd instant-die in ym when using fire rain. Fire rain is good for bl/last part of dms, but only one person would need to carry it.

Anyway dms has different areas and they go in the following order: yellow maze/ym - green rooms/gr - hundred per cent room/hpr - cyrpt - blood lust/bl
and that's the end of it. It is quite time consuming and you need to reach hpr to be able to short cut (or get attuned, in other words) and skip ym to go straight into gr and enter in domo to get to gr (it's that weird door at the top when you enter ym's entrance) I don't know what else to explain. Oh, avoid tank, the person with the most heals because generally it means you will get hit, unless your tank knows about splash damage, which is basically sitting in different directions to avoid a person or crowd getting hit at certain angles/areas. Uh, there will be mapping so say for example ym:e-br[GR] is the map and this refers to which doors to enter. Now the code names go

e = entrance, b = bottom, r = right, l = left, t = top, x = one way
so br = bottom right, tr = top right, tl = top left, bl = bottom left
c = crack/smallest door in the room, m = middle, bd = big door/biggest door in the room

so in the map ym: e-br it's yellow maze's map: entrance - bottom right [ green room ]
the last part means taking that door will lead you to green rooms, the next area. I think that's all the important stuff covered o ^ o;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff