Welcome to Gaia! ::

Platonix
I could say something about wars historically lifting countries out of depressions, but meh. Not relevant in the Gaia Economy.

It is possible to earn gold in zOMG!, but only at roughly the same rate that you could in Towns. Shaking trees, bushes and rocks in Towns, up until recently, could earn you between 1 and 9 gold per terrain feature that you shake. I've heard monsters will be dropping gold at about that level.

On the other hand, item crafting will be producing new items which can be sold on the Marketplace, and that will provide another way for people to spend the gold they have...not to mention the sale of Rings. The more different routes for the site's gold to go, the less gold will go each way, if you get what I'm saying...so ring sales and item crafting could cause a very slight deflation.

It comes down to which will have greater effect, the increase in gold or the increase in things to spend gold on. It could be argued that the people earning gold in zOMG! would, in the MMO's absence, be spending that time making that same gold in posting, voting, commenting or Jigsaw or whathaveyou.
Exactly, and making gold would be faster doing something fun and zOMG will most likely be fun when it comes out.
blingstadan
Whatever

.... Sorry to interupt your thread, but why on earth would someone make a post like this??

Doesn't make a bit of sense to me..
No economy is wrong or broken.

So your question is a bit silly imposed on it's own. zOMG will probably only diversify the market.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Xeroxer

So your question is a bit silly imposed on it's own. zOMG will probably only diversify the market.
Actually, Gaia's economy has a feature no real-world economy has (but plenty of other online economies do.)
A permanent, rapid influx of new currency.
This leads inevitably to steady inflation, so unless we want Sealeds selling for 100K in the future, we must continually look for ways to combat inflation.
Platonix
Xeroxer

Actually, Gaia's economy has a feature no real-world economy has (but plenty of other online economies do.)
A permanent, rapid influx of new currency.
This leads inevitably to steady inflation, so unless we want Sealeds selling for 100K in the future, we must continually look for ways to combat inflation.

No, a lot of markets have this on the online world.

No economy is wrong or broken, it only follows logic and basics such as supply and demand. If prices are this high, it's because people are buying them at that particular price.

And sealeds have dropped recently.
Supply and demand is a vastly oversimplified way to look at the economy. And I made this post because I thought it would be nice for the markets to stabilize, and because I think it would be fun going into the potion business. Especially if the potions could stack! Woo, that would be awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff