Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Genius

Unfortunately, because my new job is taking up so much of my time, I'm going to have to close this event for good. I'm even on a hiatus from Gaia atm, not sure when I'm coming back, if ever. You all probably saw this coming, since I don't think I've updated it since April, but I digress. Anyway, thank you so much for your participation, and I hope you guys had fun when it was on and timely, anyway.

User Image

Welcome to the Order...

Something has awakened under Dead Man's Pass, something dedicated to wiping out all you know and love. Your mission is to defeat this demon's hordes, and keep the spread of the monsters at bay.

But the choice is yours...

Will you defeat the evil? Or will you join it?

Welcome to the Order of the Black Orchid! This is a user-event based around the new area of Dead Man's Shadow! This is a quest-based event where you can choose which quest paths you which to take--you can choose to be on the side of Edmund, or defect and join the vampires if you wish. The main purpose of the event is to go out there and have fun, while earning achievements and personalized banners for it!

Are you willing to take up the task and seek power, glory, or hilarious screencaps? Then join up with the Order today!

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
3. Getting Started on Your Quest
4. List of Order Members
5. List of Kamila's Harem Members
6. Gaia Action News Reports
7. Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

Frequently Asked Questions

1. The Hell is this?

This is a user-based event hoping to encourage people to advance in DMS. It is quest based so each segment of the event is a quest a user must complete to advance. The rewards for these quests vary, from (small) gold and item rewards, but most often they are titles and personalized banners featuring the username and their current title, for showing off purposes.

2. How does it work?

When you sign up, you will receive a quest from "Edmund" through a PM. After you turn it in either through this thread or PMs, you will receive your rewards and another quest. This will continue unitil the user reaches the end of the questline, and even then there are secret quests a user may choose to complete...

3. Is there a time limit?

For the quests? At this point in time, no. Unless outside circumstances force me to close this thread (lack of interest is a possible one) but as for now, there is none. If I do have to close the thread, all people participating will be notified of a date when the event will end.

4. Why are the gold/item rewards so lame?

Because I'm hoping a lot of people will want to do it and I am poor. XD Also, because its not about the prizes, its about getting your name and a personalized banner to show people how far you have progressed. Not all quests will give items or gold, but some will, for storyline-based purposes.

5. The reward is banners? These banners better be cool looking...

Well, here's a sample banner for the "good" questline. The "evil" and "secret" questlines have separate graphics for banners:

User Image

Note that I might play around with the font a bit, but that's what it basically looks like. You will recieve a new banner with your updated rank each time you go up in rank. If you want your banner to have a different font or to be resized, that's no problem.

6. You said there are "good" and "evil" questlines...

Yes. Everyone starts out at the "good" questline, but at a certain point, one has a choice to branch off and join the "evil" faction. For a time, the "good" and "evil" quests can be done at the same time, until a final choice must be made on which quest the user will stick with. It is impossible to finish both questlines because of this.

7. What about these "secret" quests...

Secret quests are additional titles granted upon completion of a quest not mentioned in the main questline. These quests involve getting screencaps of a humorous situation in DMS and turning them in. I'm told that if you complete a certain segment in the questline (that is open before the "evil" questline branches off, so everyone has a chance) you will receive a list of how to get these secret titles...

8. What if I made a mistake in a choice and want to go back?

Sorry. Once you decide which path to take in your questline, it is final.

9. So I know the secret of the secret quests/how the questline ends. Do I have to keep quiet?

These secrets are not mentioned by me to encourage people to go for it, but if you discover a way to get a secret title or what happens if you choose a certain branch in a storyline, then you are more than welcome to tell people. I encourage it with the secret quests, as not everyone will get the list of how to achieve these secret titles.

10. I beat the quests. Can I start over?

Not on your main account. If you want to start over on a mule, I won't stop you. Keep in mind that some of the quests (including one that offers a gold reward) is repeatable.

11. So...how do I turn in quests? The quest came in through PMs, so does it have to be through PMs?

Not necessarily. Each new quest will be sent with instructions of how to turn it in. With screencaps, you can send it through PMs or post it in the thread; make sure to quote me if you want to make sure I'll get it ASAP. If it involves gathering DMS loot, you can take a screencap of your current loot total and send it to me through those ways, or you can send me a trade with your total loot and I will cancel the trade and then you know I've gotten it. I will need to see total loot when turning in loot quests, so I know you didn't cheat.

12. You're worried about cheating?!

If you do cheat on a event that doesn't offer much in the way of prizes, that's just lame and sad. Regardless, I placed the rule about turning in loot all the same just to deter it. You want to advance in rank, you're gonna have to work for it, son.

13. How are you keeping track of this stuff?

Lots of MS word, notepad, and Excel documents. sweatdrop

14. You made a mistake with my questline!

While I am keeping track of things, if I do happen to make a mistake, please PM me about it and I will fix it ASAP.

15. So, where do I get started?

Look down at the next post, and It'll give you instructions

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7. Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

Getting Started on Your Quest

So, you've decided you want to join the order? Before you do, please review the FAQs that will hopefully answer any of your questions.

All done? If you would, please, fill out this survey for us...

Hello! Thank you for taking an interest in the Order of the Black Orchid! In order to process your membership in the Order, we’d appreciate it if you’d fill out this quick survey:

Name:

Have you been inducted into the Order before? (Were you a part of the Order of the Black Orchid user event?)

Zomg CL:

Have you been attuned? (meaning, have you seen Kam yet?)

Screenshot of your zomg loot: (in order to know where to place you, we need a screenshot of your DMS zomg loot.We need to see the items Vampire Blood, Blood Droplet, Red Eye, and Werewolf Pelt. Note that these things only show up under the "All" tab and the screenshot must come from there.)

Thank you for your cooperation, we hope to get back to you shortly!

This survey may be posted in the thread.

**MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT SET SO YOU CAN RECEIVE PMS FROM EVERYBODY!**

Once processed, you will be placed in the order and will receive your first quest through PM. Good luck to all new recruits!

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7. Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

List of Order Members

Recruits
MiIiyah
vivietta
Killer Penguins
Zurch
Fluffy_the_Executioner
amy_cool135711
Spot
MichaelMedic
Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl
Quaternary
Foreign_American
Firstpoke
RedMageKyo
Hashtable
Owlie

Trainees
Rin-Okumura-1
Dark Light Doom
w.o.l.f.i
II HazelSkye II
MeMyselfAndEye
Doomdragon8
xXAzarielXx
pam_pam
Robotic Chibi-tan
The_Dreamseller
La Adelita
mystikaal
The Mystic Alpha
ezaire

Soldiers
Show No Emoticon
Sephira Yamishi
Pepperdy
zothaq
FallenCalamity
zOMG-addict
Zealand_Aquarius
Silk Kanishk

Hunters
ll-l-RayRay-l-ll
Shinju_hashimfo
Environmental Unity
Mademoiselle Kit
SmallTownGuy

Warriors
Dandelila
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

Slayers
Zzyli
Berryfarmer

Mentors

Heroes
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Scout
Ian

Intelligence
Louie

Head of Operations
Edmund

Pet
Rufus

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7. Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

List of Kamila's Harem Members

Contacts
Omnileech
hpanna
VKiera
azphyxxxiate

Double Agents
Taihe

Pest Controls

Faithful Servants

Assassins

Opportunists
Starshine

Vampire Queens
ValKyriePunk20

Posse
Anna Corinne Von Helson
Marie Von Helson

Henchman's Assistant
???

Henchman
???

Vampire Queen
Kamila

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7. Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

Gaia Action News Reports

My Cruel Mistress

ll-l-RayRay-l-ll

Grue Food
Zzyli
SmallTownGuy

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7.Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

Special Thanks to:

Zealand_Aquarius - Who helped me gather some of the items for the quests

VKiera - Who offered suggestions on how to improve the banners

and to the rest of Marshall's Little Helpers who listened to my rambling about how I was "ttly gonna do this guise" and offered great suggestions.

heart Thanks, all of you! heart

Contents
1. Introduction
2. FAQ
4. List of Order Members
7.Special Thanks

Questionable Genius

Questionable Genius

Questionable Genius