zOMG!?

OMFG YES! 0.38383838383838 38.4% [ 38 ]
OMFG NO! 0.48484848484848 48.5% [ 48 ]
OMFG POLLWHORE! 0.13131313131313 13.1% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Distinct Warlord

Bria_Teragram
I'm going to quote something someone else said in another part of the website because I think its damn true.

Quote:
It's so beyond fail in so many ways. The first really obvious one to me is that it in no way fits in with the theme of battle at all. Battle's artwork and graphics have a superb quality that this name and logotype (assuming that is the logotype, I hope not) are completely lacking. The name gives no indication of what the game is about, nor what TYPE of game one would expect to find when playing it. The battle artwork does, but this name, hell no. Craptastic name is craptastic.

That is why I say is unfunctional. All I learn about Graphic Design tells me that the first thing on mind when you do a logo (Or name something) is why each element is for. And without explanation, the name and the logo don't reach the goal.
Quote:
It's so beyond fail in so many ways. The first really obvious one to me is that it in no way fits in with the theme of battle at all. Battle's artwork and graphics have a superb quality that this name and logotype (assuming that is the logotype, I hope not) are completely lacking. The name gives no indication of what the game is about, nor what TYPE of game one would expect to find when playing it. The battle artwork does, but this name, hell no. Craptastic name is craptastic.

It actually fits in very well with gaia Battle, just because it isn't named after something that sounds "Battle-ish" doesn't make it a bad name, and besides, did we forget what the monsters look like? Garlic, Prairie dogs with Predator armor, a monster called OMG, A LAWN GNOME!

I do belive what with the battle system is composed of makes it a good name, simply because you fight these creatures doesn't mean it has to be a hardcore name.

Tricky Treasure

I guess this could be interpreted as sour grapes (although now that I've seen more of the game, the name I pitched doesn't seem to fit, so I'm glad it wasn't chosen), but it just pains me to think someone is walking around with a smug sense of satisfaction because they pitched four letters and are now being deified in the Gaian Halls of Infamy. gonk

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
I don't like it but that won't stop me from playing the game. The stylistics of the logo, though, I do like. But saying that name over and over ... bleh, I'll probably keep calling it Battle.

I give zOMG! the name a 2/10. Or under the new rating system, one star.

Distinct Warlord

Added Q Quotes.

Dapper Dabbler

12,825 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm...not entirely convinced that this is the real name. I get the feeling that this is the team pulling a fast one on us to see our reaction.
GenTrigger
zOMG is nice in design but you can't say it out loud

That is all I have to say about it.

... But even with her Tear stained eyes...
User Image

Actually, you kinda can... Its more like...
ZHO MY GOD/GAWSH
Lul, its an odd thing to say, but yup, you can say it...

If you say lol or lawl in real life, I will eat your babys.

User Image
She looks to you and forever smiles.

Distinct Warlord

zOMG is actually EASY to say, I don't understand that argument really.
I understand Q.'s point, but... like someone else already stated, it sounds so childish. It's true that it hits you, but I don't appreciate the line "all fame, good fame". Or whatever is translated in english, you got the meaning. It's like ancient katana. It's an obvious name, nearly everything that wants to sound cool has an "ancient" somewhere. Still, it hits your imagination, on an hidden level. Also "OMG it's sharp" is a name that you can remember, but don't tell me that it can compete with the other one. Welcome abused names that doesn't make you ashamed of playing it, and leave originality for contents.

Nothing to do, to me it has born Battle and will stay Battle.

P.S. Sorry if I sound so critique, but this is the first time I'm truly disappointed. Let's remember, though, that whatever they'll name this game we should still kneel deeply for the huuuuge work put into this game.

Btw Ung:
It's easy to say.
It's embarassing to say.
The Undead Suitor
It's too pink! D:<

wait...its not out yet.

..reserves post.

I am a paid graphic designer after all. ;3
I love the color scheme for the logo/name.
Chokin
I like it.
Hate me for it if you want.

ok! biggrin

Distinct Warlord

Radagast9
Btw Ung:
It's easy to say.
It's embarassing to say.

I don't think is embarassing but I put on situation: Most of my gamers friends (The ones that could actually understand english and play a MMO) wont like the name at first, I'll have to do an extra effort begging them to unite. And I'll probably fail, knowing them.

For me, something shor and memorable is "Queen". Not "OMG" or anything closely. Still, as I said before, isn't THAT bad.

Distinct Warlord

And Now I like the name. I hate being Scorpio crying

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I gave up and accepted the name. After looking at the other possible names, apparently it was a better alternative than "Who I Like from Naruto".

Distinct Warlord

The Frankachu
I gave up and accepted the name. After looking at the other possible names, apparently it was a better alternative than "Who I Like from Naruto".

They put that there just to make the name better, be sure about that xd

Quank, in the other hand, was cool... whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas