Welcome to Gaia! ::

...You know, you creating a thread complaining about people complaining isn't very smart or clever.

Not only that, but we who dislike rings are entitled to our opinions, and to express them. Also, how would you feel if someone promised you $100 and ended up only giving you $10? Disappointed? Yes. Also, the 'mock up' was released by the gaian admins. Suprised, much? Also, I haven't been complaining for a lack of the battle system. I appreciated the time it would take to make such a system, but seriously, rings? Make an item and attach a random animation to it. Very complicated, no? There were weapon suggestion threads too. Gee, I wonder why that was stickied?
Skachle
main reason ppl are complaining is so that the developers can improve the game before its made.

thats true but instead of complaining like babies they could SUGGEST different things to do. If they DO have an idea.
Psychopath Fool
...You know, you creating a thread complaining about people complaining isn't very smart or clever.

Not only that, but we who dislike rings are entitled to our opinions, and to express them. Also, how would you feel if someone promised you $100 and ended up only giving you $10? Disappointed? Yes. Also, the 'mock up' was released by the gaian admins. Suprised, much? Also, I haven't been complaining for a lack of the battle system. I appreciated the time it would take to make such a system, but seriously, rings? Make an item and attach a random animation to it. Very complicated, no? There were weapon suggestion threads too. Gee, I wonder why that was stickied?

thats true but whining isnt very cool. Suggesting something instead of "I dont want this waaah waaah blagaga blagah is annoying". More of " Hey i think that we should blalalagagaga becuz babalglablag." is better.
Seth-Moore
unfortunately, those who would oppose the Ring system are acting completely irrationally and threads such as this now fall on deaf. It's sad really, that such uncouth people still exist; it's like Neitsabes said, they are simply looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Too bad we cant change that either...its human nature.
I'm not 'whining' as you put it.
Also, we did suggest alternatives, which were most politely ignored. The weapons suggestion thread is, naturally, useless, and protesters against the ring system have suggested a few alternatives to use weapons rather than the rings. First and foremost, people want their weapons to look cool when slashing stuff, which is basically what people are doing with their avatars, and downpowering the donation letters and still-in-existence weapons would allow the game to be balanced, while using the experience system from the ring system.

No matter how cool rings look, it still wouldn't beat the thought of mincing your opponents to bit with your katanas, or even bashing monsters to death with a baseball bat.
everyone should be thankfu we are even getting a battling system
[Makata]
Er.....these threads are pointless.

Hopefully more complainers mean less people wanting to play the BS on its opening day. (Thus resulting is less laggy for me. ,3 )
your pointless
DrgnSuzuki
Seth-Moore
unfortunately, those who would oppose the Ring system are acting completely irrationally and threads such as this now fall on deaf. It's sad really, that such uncouth people still exist; it's like Neitsabes said, they are simply looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Too bad we cant change that either...its human nature.
its a sad fact but its life...... crying
THANK YOU!! ALL THE HATERS SHOUD JUST
STOP BITCHING DAMN IT!
Gorlithea
Nah, the ring idea sucks.
Why bother making a mmo if it's not even worth playing?
Of course they don't care because millions will still play it.
Just like runescape.

GET A LIFE!

Beloved Businesswoman

9,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Psychopath Fool
I'm not 'whining' as you put it.
Also, we did suggest alternatives, which were most politely ignored. The weapons suggestion thread is, naturally, useless, and protesters against the ring system have suggested a few alternatives to use weapons rather than the rings. First and foremost, people want their weapons to look cool when slashing stuff, which is basically what people are doing with their avatars, and downpowering the donation letters and still-in-existence weapons would allow the game to be balanced, while using the experience system from the ring system.

No matter how cool rings look, it still wouldn't beat the thought of mincing your opponents to bit with your katanas, or even bashing monsters to death with a baseball bat.
I would put it that you are whining as well. I know that you are discussing your opinions but so are we and we don't need your intelligent input. This is a thread posted to support the admins. Not to bash on them. So technically, you are whining. Just in an intelligent way. And obviously your suggestions are not going to be listened to because I suspect that the people at Gaia are fed up with people who must have their input so they can have it their way. I personally would close down this thread and continue on with the battle system that we have all anxiously been anticipating, not waste the time I have doing that instead of working on the battle system. And who care if it looks cool! Have you seen any of the concept art these people have done? The people who accept that the rings are an inevitability? If the ring effects are anythting like this, I would be throughly impressed.

3,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Skylur Sonatas
Seriously Guys, quit your bitching. Bitching about bitching results in even more bitching, which i'm pretty sure you bitches should have bitched that one out by now. It feels like if I had a b***h for evey b***h who bitched about the other bitches bitching, I'd be waist deep in dead bitches. Hell, I'd have so much bitches, people would simply call me, Bitches.
Actually, you do need my 'intelligent input' on these things due to the fact that the sole reason that this thread was created is because of the 'intelligent input' made by other complainers, and created to address that fact that a lot of people don't like the ring system. Also, I'm not bashing on them, I'm giving constructive feedback. 3nodding

Also, if my suggestions are not going to be listened to, why the hell am I posting here anyway? The sole reason that there's a forum like this, and a feedback forum is for people to state complaints, and sometimes praise for the things that the mods are doing. The reason I'm posting here is because (hopefully) the mods will read this, and even if they don't change the battle system, they'll know of my opinion.

Not only that, but what's up with quests and all that? It's to make your avatar look good. The whole point of playing most of these minigames to most people is not for the fun of it, but to gain gold to look good. In fact, looking good in an MMO is very important, and another very important factor is the community, and in my books, neither scores very high.

Dictionary.com
Whine

1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object) 3. to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
–noun 4. a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
5. a feeble, peevish complaint.

There you have it. The dictionary.com definition of whine, which I'm sure I wasn't doing.

Beloved Businesswoman

9,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items