Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

Gemenice
Wansapanatym
How is that not how servers work? Also, how is it a waste? I think it would be convenient, rather than posting on the forums. What are you preventing? I'm only saying it would be easier if people stayed in places where people take interest as other people do.

How is it a waste? It's a waste having six or seven servers, just to be named by areas/kind of thing you want to do. Yes, it would be useful, if you didn't have the whole MAP everywhere. What do you need other areas for, if you're only doing smob/smeb?

Then again, you can't just do that. Especially not since zOMG! is in the maintenance. The servers cost something. They are not going to do that, because you already have that more or less. Just get to the right area and you're pretty sure they are going to do what you are. I seriously think that no one in Zen Gardens is doing smob while there.
Areas are already not used from time to time, and renaming servers have a cost, I don't think it's very much to change? Yes I know it's in maintenance, it's a suggestion that could possibly looked at. For how I view it, sometimes I switch from server to server, because there is no one there. I'm sorry but, I think server hopping, or arranging a crew from the forums is too much of a delay. Ever since Dms/new games came, it splashed a lot of players around, I feel that it's very empty, and I think being grouped would make it better.

Lunatic

LOL_d_krexen
it doesnt mean you need to go on that server if you like to go to farm
how about the gaians who is questing as in ZOMG quest
yes, I'm not saying that these servers automatically redirects players. It's just renamed, players can still quest.
Wansapanatym
LOL_d_krexen
it doesnt mean you need to go on that server if you like to go to farm
how about the gaians who is questing as in ZOMG quest
yes, I'm not saying that these servers automatically redirects players. It's just renamed, players can still quest.
ok that would be nice

Rainbow Nerd

Wansapanatym
Gemenice
Wansapanatym
How is that not how servers work? Also, how is it a waste? I think it would be convenient, rather than posting on the forums. What are you preventing? I'm only saying it would be easier if people stayed in places where people take interest as other people do.

How is it a waste? It's a waste having six or seven servers, just to be named by areas/kind of thing you want to do. Yes, it would be useful, if you didn't have the whole MAP everywhere. What do you need other areas for, if you're only doing smob/smeb?

Then again, you can't just do that. Especially not since zOMG! is in the maintenance. The servers cost something. They are not going to do that, because you already have that more or less. Just get to the right area and you're pretty sure they are going to do what you are. I seriously think that no one in Zen Gardens is doing smob while there.
Areas are already not used from time to time, and renaming servers have a cost, I don't think it's very much to change? Yes I know it's in maintenance, it's a suggestion that could possibly looked at. For how I view it, sometimes I switch from server to server, because there is no one there. I'm sorry but, I think server hopping, or arranging a crew from the forums is too much of a delay. Ever since Dms/new games came, it splashed a lot of players around, I feel that it's very empty, and I think being grouped would make it better.

it wouldn't be just RENAMING servers. We have two - three servers for four days. Do you know how many things there are? That players could do? Much more than two or three. THey'd have to get more servers and those cost a lot.

Lunatic

Gemenice
It has a cost, what do you mean by that? There are plenty of areas that aren't being used already. It can go beyond 3 servers during the weekend.

Benevolent Codger

If the servers are so empty that you can't find anyone, that implies to me that there are simply too many servers. Unfortunately the number of servers available at one time doesn't scale to the current load of players, so running enough servers to handle the 'up' times sometimes mean having too many out when players are more scarce. A system that hid excess servers when player populations dipped would help some, but that also seems a little more convoluted than I'd like.

EDIT: In hindsight, that would make Servers functionally equivalent to layers. Fancy that. sweatdrop

I'm not really sure how I feel about the game trying to funnel players into specific servers based on what they intend to do there - that really feels like a metagame feature that it should be up to the players to dictate, but there's also nothing necessarily wrong with having the game shape metagame aspects to be more usable. I suppose part of my issue would be that I'm not sure how much I want to support farming-oriented gameplay in the first place, as that would be the primary benefit here - I do want players to be able to find each other when they decide upon what they want to do, but I don't want the game to imply that it's 'right' for them to just pick and do one thing. I think a more-or-less random distribution of players is actually favourable; we can control the density of players in different areas simply by controlling the number of overall servers, and it doesn't discourage diversity of play in any way.

If I were intending to do this, I would probably simply change the server names to match those of bosses - using area names seems a little misleading (a player could log into 'Village Greens' and load into Gold Beach) and confusing to communicate (meeting someone at Bass'ken Lake on Village Greens is entirely different from meeting them in Village Greens on Bass'ken Lake), which just seems too great a cost. Probably the final nail in the coffin for such a suggestion is the fact that there are a limited number of servers, and those are cycled regularly; the server names need to change between cycles so that players can easily distinguish new servers from old ones, and covering all of the bases in terms of common play areas would mean increasing the number of total servers at a time significantly (and thus reducing overall player density for each, making it much harder for anyone not farming that location to find a Crew). I just don't see any way to do it cleanly that actually improves the game experience for the majority of players; such a system would have its advantages, obviously, but it only seems to help those who are already willing to invest in finding Crews (through the Forums, for instance), while hurting those players who rely more on random chance. The latter group is both larger and (generally) more fickle than the former, so if the game must cater to one or the other I think the more randomised distribution serves it best...

Rainbow Nerd

Wansapanatym
Gemenice
It has a cost, what do you mean by that? There are plenty of areas that aren't being used already. It can go beyond 3 servers during the weekend.

You pay for every server you host. Nice ammount, actually, especially if it's active. NOW they are paying TWO times that. Imagine having to pay that SEVEN time, at least, for a game that they GAVE UP on.

Not profitable at all.

And you can't just TAKE OUT areas of the whole deal. That would require even MORE work, which Gaia's not WILLING to do, as we know.

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
If a Blood Bat / Night Fright server was ever added to the game - I know where I would go to form / find DMS crews.

emotion_kirakira
crying

Barton Sweetheart

Wansapanatym
Sorry, I forgot that farming isn't really a mini game within zomg since it may cause crowds, so I think it's not a good idea. But, I'm saying it should have Village Greens, so it should also target lower/new players, so that higher levels aren't just playing.

True there is a mix of higher and lower players, and when it comes to farming the famers can be at time rude to other players. However you find that higher levels do help out the lower levels as well.

In regards to placing people on server depending on what they want to do, I for one don't like that idea as I tend to log on to zOMG and simply not know what I'm going to do sometimes I get asked to SMOB/SMEB or DMS others I just help others where would I go in that situation?

The idea is good but the practicality of it doesn't work out very well what with server costs, and the extra man power would cost as well to put this into play. Given that zOMG ( and Gaia) don't make that much of money it would seem like money down the drain really.
Wansapanatym
Example: Shallow Seas, Air Fluff farming, Papa Saw - or for short smob/smeb, ps, etc.

I'm saying it should be renamed, so we can group more people to the same place, because it gets extremely empty, and everyone is too spread out. It's not worth the wait. But I'm not sure what you guys have to say.
Crewing with friends or clan members is so much simpler.
Could you imagine the lag if everyone was to cram onto one server? It would be like trying to farm during an Easter/Halloween event all year round.

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Its not very practical to be honest. Lets mind that different people prefer different things. so the probability of users who likes to do different instances or farming varies per day.
Kaedes mule
Xombina
Wansapanatym
Example: Shallow Seas, Air Fluff farming, Papa Saw - or for short smob/smeb, ps, etc.

I'm saying it should be renamed, so we can group more people to the same place, because it gets extremely empty, and everyone is too spread out. It's not worth the wait. But I'm not sure what you guys have to say.
Crewing with friends or clan members is so much simpler.
Could you imagine the lag if everyone was to cram onto one server? It would be like trying to farm during an Easter/Halloween event all year round.
how, everyone is not all interested in smobbing for example, some players maybe interested into papa saw. I don't think the servers would be full. Anyways, the areas are nearly empty already.

I guess I didn't really make myself clear in my previous post.

Not everyone is interested in farming. Having servers renamed solely to make it easier for users to find a farming crew is pointless since, if you had a clan or friends, you could simply communicate with each other and arrange for a server and place to go.

When a server is lagging particularly bad, we switch servers to avoid said lag.

Example scenario;
Person A: Guys, this lag is killing me.
Person B: Me too Dx want to switch servers?
Person A: Sure, which one?
Person B: Sakura Fluff?
All: Okay, meet you there!

THIS would be defeating the point of having logged onto said server for a particular purpose.

Eventually, everyone else will start logging onto random servers because Gold Beach / Bassken / Bill servers are far too laggy leaving us where we were before the renaming of the servers.

Do you see my point now?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces