Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Warlord

The point of repeatable quests is to slightly augment your farming.
              They're not meant to be absurdly lucrative, but merely provide a slight boost. Tack on an extra little bit of gold or orbs.
              This isn't what they do.

While randomly killing things on Gold Beach, I accepted, completed, and turned in Ceejay's quest to defeat 20 Sand Castle Golems.
              As I killed, I naturally gained both gold and orbs. After killing 20, I returned to Ceejay to collect my reward.

My prize was 20 gold and 4 orbs.
              Now, I knew the prize was that small. But it only now occurred to me that, instead of helping a player in gaining gold and orbs, it was instead hindering their progress.

What do I mean?
              Well, I had my suspicion, so I did some testing.
              The amount of time it took to return to Ceejay varied, depending on where I finished off my last Golem.
              However, on average, it took about 40 seconds total to travel to Ceejay, rapidly click through the dialog, and return to the first Golem I ran across.
              These 40 seconds earned me, as I said before, 20 gold and 4 orbs.
              Next, I tried several timed 40-second rounds of farming Sand Castle Golems.
              On average, I got 239 gold, and 11 orbs within that 40 seconds. Rounded, ofcourse.

And when you think about it, all the repeatable quests have an similarly long trek to turn them in.
              Meaning that most repeatable quests not only fail to aid or augment farming in any way, but actually hurt the proficiency with which someone can farm.

Skilled Bunny

10,300 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
That's why I haven't done many repeats of the quests. It's a waste of time and pretty boring. I've mainly concentrated on the quest chains. For farming joining a crew is way more effective than doing the same repeatable quest over and over again. 3nodding

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
when the game was first released and the drops were not augmented to the level they are at now, repeatable quests were a good thing. their rewards were not increased exponentially with everything else.

Undead Enchantress

I always considered them bonuses while doing kill badges.

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Erynne

^This exactly.

Also, some of my mules just have really bad luck and gain very few orbs, so I use the repeatable quests to level them up instead.

starlourde's Compadre

Rare

i agree .
repeatable quests are cool at first . but in the next try ,
i becomes lamer and lamer .
they should've at least made the rewards
bigger .
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Wheezing Warlord

Broken Hearts Mend
when the game was first released and the drops were not augmented to the level they are at now, repeatable quests were a good thing. their rewards were not increased exponentially with everything else.

Exactly.
              They need to be re-scaled.
Erynne

Yeah.
              That's what I always thought they were.
              But they're not.
              They end up costing you loot instead of getting you loot.

Wheezing Warlord

Perfect Saint

Weren't the drops scaled down? In December 2008 to early 2009, we used to get 20 orbs for quests in Gold Beach and Otami Ruins. Boy, it was easy to rack up orbs, but since the quests were out in the open, people were stepping on other people's toes more than ever to get things done. I learned how to snipe back then since you only need to hit the animated once to get kill credit. I still think it's more efficient to farm bosses in the long run. I remember getting from CL 4 to 10 in a day farming She Wolf when she was so generous.

Maybe it caused an orb inflation like a gold inflation from Dolphin tanks and DM2? Which is strange since they've increased the gold rewards across the board for zOMG particularly SS and with the help of the new Luck effect.

Wheezing Warlord

Myrielle
Weren't the drops scaled down? In December 2008 to early 2009, we used to get 20 orbs for quests in Gold Beach and Otami Ruins. Boy, it was easy to rack up orbs, but since the quests were out in the open, people were stepping on other people's toes more than ever to get things done. I learned how to snipe back then since you only need to hit the animated once to get kill credit. I still think it's more efficient to farm bosses in the long run. I remember getting from CL 4 to 10 in a day farming She Wolf when she was so generous.

Maybe it caused an orb inflation like a gold inflation from Dolphin tanks and DM2? Which is strange since they've increased the gold rewards across the board for zOMG particularly SS and with the help of the new Luck effect.

From what I understood, that was a glitch.
              The first time you complete a repeatable quest, it actually has a different title with larger rewards.
              Then from the second time onwards, you're technically completing a different quest with lesser rewards.
              They didn't mean to have them have identical rewards.

But either way. Maybe not 20 orbs.
              I was thinking maybe 6 orbs with 150g from Purvis, up to 12 orbs and 500g in Otami.
              Just enough to make it slightly more profitable than just farming.
              Or atleast make the rewards equal to not turning them in.
              xd

Perfect Saint

SykoCaster
Myrielle

The first time you complete a repeatable quest, it actually has a different title with larger rewards.
              Then from the second time onwards, you're technically completing a different quest with lesser rewards.

I was thinking maybe 6 orbs with 150g from Purvis, up to 12 orbs and 500g in Otami.
              xd
I don't think it was a glitch, but people did get concerned with the Orb Rain as opposed to the Orb Famine we used to get. I did follow the conversations about it in the forums since I stopped playing when I lost my rings to soulbinding and had been considering playing again with the new rings I got from the Christmas event. I think they lowered the values around March or April of 09. I'd search for old posts, but many of Qixter's posts have been blocked.

Regardless, I definitely agree with you that they need to increase the reward yield even a little.

Wheezing Warlord

Myrielle
SykoCaster
Myrielle

xd
I don't think it was a glitch, but people did get concerned with the Orb Rain as opposed to the Orb Famine we used to get. I did follow the conversations about it in the forums since I stopped playing when I lost my rings to soulbinding and had been considering playing again with the new rings I got from the Christmas event. I think they lowered the values around March or April of 09. I'd search for old posts, but many of Qixter's posts have been blocked.

Regardless, I definitely agree with you that they need to increase the reward yield even a little.

I think we're talking about different events, sorry.
              xd

Yes, they did boost it up way too far when they increased orb drops.
              But they sent it back down way too far afterwards.

Perfect Saint

SykoCaster

Yes, they did boost it up way too far when they increased orb drops.
But they sent it back down way too far afterwards.
I hear you. 3nodding

Wheezing Warlord

Wheezing Warlord

I still stand by this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items