Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Genius

Has anyone ever completed all of the quests in DMS?
I know I haven't because literally ALL of the crews that I have been a member of for DMS have just been focusing on progressing throughout the level and getting lots of loot... Which is fine...

I just want to know if people like to slow down and kinda take it quest by quest like in the good ol' days.
sweatdrop

Wheezing Exhibitionist

★★★

--- Isn't the DMS quests mostly just killing stuff? Well except finding Kamila I guess...

Maybe I am missing something.

Hilarious Genius

lukewarm pizza
★★★

--- Isn't the DMS quests mostly just killing stuff? Well except finding Kamila I guess...

I honestly couldn't tell you, but I've always been playing zOMG! to see where exactly I am supposed to be going. I've read all the text and laughed or sighed in frustration... But it kept me busy.

Since I have never been able to pass even the first quest (because I haven't come across anyone anywhere that was willing to help me finish quests, just for the hell of it), I can't tell you if there is more to the "story."
confused

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Nostalgic Pariah
lukewarm pizza
★★★

I honestly couldn't tell you, but I've always been playing zOMG! to see where exactly I am supposed to be going. I've read all the text and laughed or sighed in frustration... But it kept me busy.

Since I have never been able to pass even the first quest (because I haven't come across anyone anywhere that was willing to help me finish quests, just for the hell of it), I can't tell you if there is more to the "story."
confused

★★★

--- I enjoyed the quests too even though the text are a bit cringe-worthy sometimes and my 2 year hiatus didn't help with my remembering the plot > u <''

I'll be happy to help you, by first quest I assume you mean Enter the Shadow? You just need to defeat 20 monsters in DMS. If you're having difficulty crewing I can give you some ring tips or point you to some guide?

Tenacious Sage

Well, if you do all parts of DMS, you've basically do all the quests as you level up, so it's pretty organic. And yep, I have completed all the quests in DMS

Fatcat

I haven't only because some of mine glitched so I kinda just forgot about them.

You have to level up to do any quests passed the "kill 20 minions one" so you'll have to keep doing dms reg till you're high enough to find kamila to complete the next quest and so on.

Hilarious Genius

lukewarm pizza
Nostalgic Pariah
lukewarm pizza
★★★

confused

★★★

--- I enjoyed the quests too even though the text are a bit cringe-worthy sometimes and my 2 year hiatus didn't help with my remembering the plot > u <''

I'll be happy to help you, by first quest I assume you mean Enter the Shadow? You just need to defeat 20 monsters in DMS. If you're having difficulty crewing I can give you some ring tips or point you to some guide?

Thank you! That would be much appreciated!

Hilarious Genius

Meguriuta
Well, if you do all parts of DMS, you've basically do all the quests as you level up, so it's pretty organic. And yep, I have completed all the quests in DMS

Oh, I see. That makes sense.

Hilarious Genius

b0nerita

You have to level up to do any quests passed the "kill 20 minions one" so you'll have to keep doing dms reg till you're high enough to find kamila to complete the next quest and so on.

Ah, I see. I understand that you have to level up since the monsters in that area start at 11.0 and there is no way to take down a vampire alone that could kill you in 3 hits as a 10.0 CL.
I also understand that the whole "Kill 20 monsters" quest is so you get a basic understanding of the strength of the enemies in the area... I just find it kinda difficult to level up as you would need people to HELP you level up.
Before, if you were on your own you could just collect orbs from other fighting areas and gradually work your way up to fend yourself in the new area.
But there is no way to do that here, so really you actually have to rely on others to take the time to help you level up... And I think the funnest way to do that is by finishing the quests!
I have not come across any strategies that suggest how a 10.0 player can survive long enough to kill one monster, solo. Maybe because it's impossible? Haha xD
But anyway, another thread here mentioned that it was so hard crewing with people because most crews consist of closely knit friendships, which is fine, but rather exclusive in terms of letting other play in that area, wouldn't you agree?

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Nostalgic Pariah
Thank you! That would be much appreciated!

★★★

--- Okay, I am no expert at all with this so do refer to the guides :3 But some brief pointers for getting a crew:

1) Make sure you have every ring at level 10 first before trying to crew (sure there are some attacks you'll never use for DMS and some crews are nicer and will accommodate your lack of buffs but it's easier to come prepared).

2) When crewing tell people you're new at this and hopefully they'll be nice and give you advice, and when they do acknowledge them. People who have done this for a long time have (quite understandably) little patience for lack of co-operation so it may feel like you're being rushed sometimes, but you'll get the hang of it.

3) If you really really really want to do DMS but don't have all buffs at ten, tell the crew as soon as you are crewed.

4) It's easier to hang out around the gate with only attack rings and passives so as soon as you're assigned buffs you can just drop them in the empty slots.

The guides below are very good and take note of the attack rings. Bringing the right attack rings is very important.

- Great guide. Read all of this and absorb.

- A very comprehensive guide of everything DMS. A little bit out of date in parts though.

- Mapping guide. Keep this, you'll need to learn at some point if now right now.

It's a long process levelling in DMS and people usually just want to get on with it so if you ask a lot of simple questions that are very easily answered in guides people may not always be very patient d:

Quest-wise, I'm assuming you've already talked to the twins outside? You don't need to do anything beside talk to them. Then you talk to Deva inside DMS and you'll get your first quest. Which is kill 20 things. It's pretty obvious from there on :3

I think that's all I've got... good luck!

Fatcat

Nostalgic Pariah
b0nerita

Ah, I see. I understand that you have to level up since the monsters in that area start at 11.0 and there is no way to take down a vampire alone that could kill you in 3 hits as a 10.0 CL.
I also understand that the whole "Kill 20 monsters" quest is so you get a basic understanding of the strength of the enemies in the area... I just find it kinda difficult to level up as you would need people to HELP you level up.
Before, if you were on your own you could just collect orbs from other fighting areas and gradually work your way up to fend yourself in the new area.
But there is no way to do that here, so really you actually have to rely on others to take the time to help you level up... And I think the funnest way to do that is by finishing the quests!
I have not come across any strategies that suggest how a 10.0 player can survive long enough to kill one monster, solo. Maybe because it's impossible? Haha xD
But anyway, another thread here mentioned that it was so hard crewing with people because most crews consist of closely knit friendships, which is fine, but rather exclusive in terms of letting other play in that area, wouldn't you agree?

Well one of the reasons why DMS was made was so that you'd have to work and socialize with other people.
So no, you're not meant to solo DMS by yourself at 10.0. Even if you could it would take a really really long time.

As for the "friend crew" thing, there may be crews like that, but there are A LOT of completely random crews that will let you join. I play with friend crews, but I play with random crews as well.
Just go to Bills Ranch, and anyone advertising "dms reg" should let you in as long as you have semi decent rings and are willing to listen. Let them know that you're new and need help.

Basic ringset(if you plan on trying it out) is hack, mantis, slash, bump, meat(until you're around CL 11), 2 buffs that are assigned to you, and a passive(fitness, integrity, fortunes favor) You should probably have something like this on before asking for a crew, because if you have an ugly set, nobody will want to crew you.

Hilarious Genius

lukewarm pizza

Thanks so much! That was very informative! ^-^
Also great links... I have a lot of reading to do. @.@

Hilarious Genius

b0nerita

Yeah, yeah. I get you.
Thanks for that! Also thanks for the ring slot suggestions!
You both have been a major help guiding this poor old confused soul. x3

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Nostalgic Pariah
lukewarm pizza

Thanks so much! That was very informative! ^-^
Also great links... I have a lot of reading to do. @.@

★★★

--- Haha no problem, good luck with DMS stuff in future! o:

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150