Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageNo. The year you joined means absolutely nothing for you as a person. You can't even see in game what year a person joined.

No, I want to be able to play with my friends. D8 Some of them just joined this year.
LivingInLyric
Meowlia, I will donate 2k to your tiara fund if you'd like smile

aww thank you!
xiatara
No, I want to be able to play with my friends. D8 Some of them just joined this year.

Drugs under Edd's hat? xD I loved that show when I was younger...
hmm im not saying it like that the older vets still can go in younger vets servers but im jsut saying it might stop the newbies gettign so much descrimination and stop the begging annoyances for the 1 year vets abnd over
Meowlia
I think its a good idea, being a 5 year vet I thin the idea of private servers would keep everyone happier. All the noobs could beg themselves for stuff >.<;;;

It would only keep the oldbies happy. And not all new players beg for things, I never did when I was new to the site. I worked for hours a day playing games to get the gold I needed for items. Problem is you people are fitting all new people into one stereotype. A lot of those people probably have older accounts but are using new mules to be annoying.
yes i agree there are some newbies that6 dotn beg but above 75% of them do and it might stop some spamming in the chat thing
Ebony Abyss
Meowlia
I think its a good idea, being a 5 year vet I thin the idea of private servers would keep everyone happier. All the noobs could beg themselves for stuff >.<;;;

It would only keep the oldbies happy. And not all new players beg for things, I never did when I was new to the site. I worked for hours a day playing games to get the gold I needed for items. Problem is you people are fitting all new people into one stereotype. A lot of those people probably have older accounts but are using new mules to be annoying.

You people? Now whose the one putting people into a stereotype?

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I don't agree at all. The segregation is not necessary and only further infuriates the simple minded causing more fussing, elitist name calling, and hatred between the 'veteran groups'.

Yes the servers are a bit overloaded right now. (With 72,000 gaians online, how can we be surprised...) But as time quickly moves forward many of them will lose interest, some are probably also only interested because of the holiday event. (A bummer but still indicates a bright future for those of us who intend to be active zOMG players.) That or the developers will do something correct and add a few more handfuls of servers (as most other MMOs end up doing at one time or another.)

How do you deal with beggars? The same way you do it in any other MMO. Ignore them and move on. If they continue to harass you, that is what the report button is meant for. Also, what do you do if you want to group (crew) with friends who AREN'T in your 'elite' group? Suddenly accept being on a 'public' server and still have to deal with 'noobs'?

Sorry I simply can't see this as a useful idea. It doesn't correct the server floods, and feels like an elitist bragging right.
im not putting anyone into a stereo type her eim jsut trying to make everyone more relaxed instead having liittle annoyances of beggers and that kinda thing and for the newbies side it would stop them getting harrassed liek they do alot of the time
This would only be a good idea if they existed in addition to the servers that are already in place. There are people I would very much like to play with that joined this year whereas I joined in '04.

To people who don't understand why this would be sort of a good idea, it would keep spammers/bots/etc out of the '07 and back servers as they are throw-away accounts and are more often than not brand spankin' new. What they could also do is make it so you have to have your account for over a month or so before you can log into the "private" servers.

As for the mindset that everybody who joined after '07 is a n00b, I see no basis for this. There are plenty of annoying oldbies on this site. neutral
verdenda
This would only be a good idea if they existed in addition to the servers that are already in place. There are people I would very much like to play with that joined this year whereas I joined in '04.

To people who don't understand why this would be sort of a good idea, it would keep spammers/bots/etc out of the '07 and back servers as they are throw-away accounts and are more often than not brand spankin' new. What they could also do is make it so you have to have your account for over a month or so before you can log into the "private" servers.

As for the mindset that everybody who joined after '07 is a n00b, I see no basis for this. There are plenty of annoying oldbies on this site. neutral

I agree with you totally, no one is perfect and that's just a fact of life.

And I LOVE you kitty in your siggy
hmm i dotnt hink everyone who joined over 07 r newbbies but on zomg there more capibility of spamming everyone out instead of one sction or there more possiblilty to ask for cyber or w/e on local thats wat one fo the points kinda r

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
verdenda, the "joined at this date only" servers aren't a real solution to the problem. As you stated, you have sever members who joined recently that you would want to play with so you would still have to play on an 'open' server that would be susceptible to bots and beggars. So that issue isn't solved in the least.

It is true that the clear solution to the server over population is in-fact more servers, however they do NOT need to be selective 'club members only' servers to work.
im not on about over crowding im on about soem of the people who just wanna get on with the game and not hav the begging from everyone all the time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff