Welcome to Gaia! ::

question

So I just started playing zOMG (and Gaia Online for that matter) and I have noticed in the game there are lots of people on the Village Greens map hanging out at the sand traps killing all the sand trap fluffs.

I am just wondering why there? And why the fluffs? Is there something special about them I am missing?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.
They are a good way to level up fast since they spawn quickly. You can actually level up completely to CL 10.0 by spending days farming the fluffs.
Also, they also drop ingredients you can sell in the marketplace so people can use them as components for Alchemy--another feature of Gaia.
biggrin biggrin biggrin

OOOOH! Well that makes sense. I just recently did something similar while with a friend and some other folks while farming for feathers from flamingos. I did not need them, but the money was pretty good. They didn't seem to spawn as fast as the fluffs though. I will have to try that.

Thank you! biggrin

and may the force be with you

Saxy Coder

x_Captain_Neko_x

It didn't use to exist a few years ago... and then I took hiatus and came back and I was like "why are people getting so touchy over me stealing their fluffs?" confused

There's basically 3 main Farming areas for money / quest items in z!:
1. Village Greens (VG) - Near Sandpits (Any CL can farm there)
2. Papa Saw (PS) - In Bassken Lake (4.5+ CL can farm there)
3. Shallow Seas (SMOB/EB) - At Gold Beach (10.0+ CL can farm there)

If you're looking for fast money, go to PS or SMOB (once you level up).
PS = ~5,ooo gg per round, each round is usually 5~7 min.
SMOB = ~17,ooo gg per round, each round is usually 12~20 min.

Otherworldly Enchantress

19,865 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
You are sickened by the weakness... Of a heart that's filled with fear.
And if the world won't understand you... You can make it disappear.
Cuz there's a dark secret... You carry with you. You carry with you.

I sometimes go lantern farming in Zen Gardens; they spawn very quickly, too and you can get oodles of gold there. Once I even came accross a Golden Egg there, thus getting a Fortune Favour ring. XD

Only problem is that they only come out at night so you've gotta be there at the right time to be able to farm all night, or else one moment you're killing lanterns, the next moment they've all turned to pink fluffs. stare

User Image
Sand fluff pits are overrated. There's usually too many people there anyway. The General's hut is a way better farming spot since you can get leaves and feathers too. You'll need a full crew to accelerate the spawn rate though.

Spark

another farming place is otami ruins, the tikis

or at least it used to be, not sure if it still is.
blaugh

Wow! Thanks everyone! You have been more informative than I was expecting! smile

I will be sure to hit up all these farming spots later when I level higher biggrin

Thanks again!

Borg

x_Captain_Neko_x
blaugh

Wow! Thanks everyone! You have been more informative than I was expecting! smile

I will be sure to hit up all these farming spots later when I level higher biggrin

Thanks again!

...and when you get there, the Overly Attached Sandtrap Fluff will be waiting for you!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

// Sorry for the recycled image, I had to switch user profiles, and my computer is all wonky...no Photoshop right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff