Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Anyone have advice for me on how to collect more Orbs as a solo player? I'm at CL 1.8 and it feels like I'm going to be stuck there forever -- I'm not strong enough to progress beyond the Village Greens without getting killed near-instantly (the horrible lag problems don't help, of course), but inside the Greens it seems like I'm lucky if monsters drop even one Charge Orb per hour, and I just don't have the patience for such a slow pace. I've read that loot drops are better if you crew up, but I can't crew with my friends right now and I'm not comfortable crewing with people I don't know. Am I just destined to be frustrated?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I was at CL 1.8 when I went to Rancho de Bill. As long as you're careful, it shouldn't be too bad.

Familiar Phantom

Who cares if you know the crew or not. They kill stuff and you collecgt orbs, your orbs drops go up. Soloing is a slow road. Better to just group and get as much as you can. You dont even have to talk to your crew if your all just there for the orb hunting.

Rich Ladykiller

Quests, quests, quests. Check the guides to make sure you've absolutely cleaned out all the easy Barton quests. You get tons of orbs for practically free, and then you can charge up your rings and get out of the Greens.

(I recommend Bria's guide for the quests.)
ki-ri-to
Anyone have advice for me on how to collect more Orbs as a solo player? I'm at CL 1.8 and it feels like I'm going to be stuck there forever -- I'm not strong enough to progress beyond the Village Greens without getting killed near-instantly (the horrible lag problems don't help, of course), but inside the Greens it seems like I'm lucky if monsters drop even one Charge Orb per hour, and I just don't have the patience for such a slow pace. I've read that loot drops are better if you crew up, but I can't crew with my friends right now and I'm not comfortable crewing with people I don't know. Am I just destined to be frustrated?

Get good AoE rings. The main bone with being a soloist and leveling is that you take too long to kill a bunch of monsters with single-target attacks.
Fitness ring! Seriously. Without one equipped I get next to no drops.

Oh and I second the crew with random people....
I don't have many friends on Gaia...in fact, most of them are my family members and we don't have enough computers to be on at the same time. So crewing with random people is about the only way to get through some missions (like the gnome general). It's really not so bad.
You can get a couple orbs from Goof. I have yet to see if you can keep playing round after round and get the same drop rate, though.
bill's ranch, then go to dead man's pass as soon as you can. orb drop is very good there and you can even find a treasure chest - it gives orbs, a recipe or a ring. oh and trick or treat in barton, sometimes it gives orbs. i'm a solo freak, it took me 5 days to reach my current level (4.3) which is not bad, i guess. it's not that hard to get orbs ^^

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Thanks for the advice, guys heart

Crewing with strangers makes me really, really uncomfortable, which makes the game unfun to play, lol. So I'll probably just keep slogging along solo. I've just recently learned the wonders of Hot Foot, lol, I need to get away from leaning on my Solar Rays ring all the time... and there actually were one or two Barton quests that I missed! So that will help a little bit.

Rissa -- do you know of anyplace to get a Fitness ring in-game at my current position, or am I better off buying one in the MP? If I remember right, I asked Leon for one after completing that series of quests, but the game gave me Hornet's Nest instead :/

Valheita -- I have yet to walk in that direction without getting killed within the first couple screens. It's not even that the monsters are super-awful or anything, it's just the lag. It often gets me on the Village Greens too; I'll walk onto a screen that looks empty and a few moments later suddenly find myself dead. Or else I'll walk onto a screen with a ton of enemies and the lag will keep me from moving/attacking and I'll find myself dead. gonk
Uhm....you might be able to get one from Remo or Bill...but you'll wanna level up before getting to complete their quests. I would say you're better off buying one on the market place. That's what the ??? ring was too BTW. So whatever you find cheaper, fitness or ??? same thing. Use the orbs you find to level it up first to increase your drop rate and you should have a much easier time of things. In addition to orbs, you'll get more ring drops too....some of which are useful and some of which you can salvage for orbs. I got a decent amount of rings and orbs from Trick or Treating in Barton.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
ki-ri-to
Thanks for the advice, guys heart

Crewing with strangers makes me really, really uncomfortable, which makes the game unfun to play, lol. So I'll probably just keep slogging along solo. I've just recently learned the wonders of Hot Foot, lol, I need to get away from leaning on my Solar Rays ring all the time... and there actually were one or two Barton quests that I missed! So that will help a little bit.

Rissa -- do you know of anyplace to get a Fitness ring in-game at my current position, or am I better off buying one in the MP? If I remember right, I asked Leon for one after completing that series of quests, but the game gave me Hornet's Nest instead :/

Valheita -- I have yet to walk in that direction without getting killed within the first couple screens. It's not even that the monsters are super-awful or anything, it's just the lag. It often gets me on the Village Greens too; I'll walk onto a screen that looks empty and a few moments later suddenly find myself dead. Or else I'll walk onto a screen with a ton of enemies and the lag will keep me from moving/attacking and I'll find myself dead. gonk
Possibly the lag. I didn't have much of a problem, but then I had Mantis.
User ImageMake sure you do all the quests in Barton town and all the quests in Village Greens. If you stick to the pathways, you should be able to make it through the garlic at the Ranch to reach Bill and talk to him to do his quests. All of these things get you orbs, which is helpful.

Aside from that, basically it's either crew up or take a long time solo orbing. I'm CL 3.0 and I'm sitting at Village Greens right now just killing gnomes and flamingos to get orbs (I'm glad they upped the rate of orb drop).

my strategy is to invest heavily in some ring that will be useful. a melee ring, a range ring and a healing ring. these are my main rings.
another is to form a strategy on the rings you use. mine, cause of my set, is to lure with the range and beat with the melee. heal as needed
and don't forget to get and invest in something like fire rain. very useful if you get surrounded by groups.
finally, find rings that you may not use too often but are useful none the less. the bee hive one is great for agroing enemies if your strong enough to survive a group.

finally, a tip. the further you are from a main entrance into a safe zone, the stronger the enemy will be. so if your not sure of yourself, stick to enemies that spawn in areas close to the city/ farm entrance. they are typically easier prey.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff