Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I wonder if the scenery in zOMG! will change like in towns. Keeping in mind that towns is just the same 9 squares over and over, It would be a lot more difficult to pull of than towns seasons.

It would certainly open up some interesting possibilitys, like different monsters in different seasons. Or better yet, Different item and ring drops. For instance, a ring with an Ice styled attack could be found more frequently in the winter.(I'm not talking about elements, I hear the word Element and I WILL punch someone)

Or prehapse one could find different item recipies like recipies for a turkey suit in november. ( sweatdrop idk just an example)
That sounds like an awesome idea!

Probably won't be that way right off though.
Maybe they should do that when the PVP comes out
:3

I so want a battle-ready Santa Suit!

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

This means drawing each field 4 times for evry season, I think this is something that can be done within acceptable time,

Some idiots asked for weather but that would be evry area drawn X 20

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Shippou Kaze
That sounds like an awesome idea!

Probably won't be that way right off though.
Maybe they should do that when the PVP comes out
:3

I so want a battle-ready Santa Suit!

Naw with the delays as they have been I woulden't count on it being a feature for the first half a year at least. (If they do it that is)
That's very true.

Is there any idea when the PVP would be out?
I haven't heard anything on that recently.

But also, maybe some sections are like towns and already have seasons in them. I'd expect the beaches and jungles and such to stay the same, but other areas might already be programed to change.
for holiday-themed events (like christmas), I'm sure we'll have a change of scenery.

If there is a season system in the game, It wouldn't be implemented until a lot later on. All these delays and date pushbacks have all been due to bugs and glitches.
I think that the initial release of the game will contain a rather small, almost simplistic world. Though, because of this, it has oodles of potential as well...

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Shippou Kaze
That's very true.

Is there any idea when the PVP would be out?
I haven't heard anything on that recently.

But also, maybe some sections are like towns and already have seasons in them. I'd expect the beaches and jungles and such to stay the same, but other areas might already be programed to change.

All that has really been said about PvP is that it will be relesed post launch. but we hae no idea when.

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Naitomare
for holiday-themed events (like christmas), I'm sure we'll have a change of scenery.

If there is a season system in the game, It wouldn't be implemented until a lot later on. All these delays and date pushbacks have all been due to bugs and glitches.
I think that the initial release of the game will contain a rather small, almost simplistic world. Though, because of this, it has oodles of potential as well...

Agreed. Hmm... This makes me wonder, do you suppose there will be Day and night? from the screenshots I have seen, I would say no or at least, not yet. But just as with seasons there are interesting posibilitys.
Jerem-Bean
Naitomare

Agreed. Hmm... This makes me wonder, do you suppose there will be Day and night? from the screenshots I have seen, I would say no or at least, not yet. But just as with seasons there are interesting posibilitys.

hm....i think a day/night system would be relatively easy to code in...compared to the 4 seasons, i guess. Maybe at night, different variations of the daylight monsters appear?

But then...depending on the timezone you're in...I mean, when I go t gaia towns, it's evening/night nearly everytime I go there, probably due to the timeszone I'm in...so, people in a similar situation will be forced to play the game "in the dark", so to speak.
I do remember read somewhere that there is a day/night system in it.

Some quests are supposed to be night-only quests and such.
I'll have to go find out where I saw that to make sure...

Has anyone heard anything about whether the Halloween Event was canceled?
Naitomare
Jerem-Bean
Naitomare

hm....i think a day/night system would be relatively easy to code in...compared to the 4 seasons, i guess. Maybe at night, different variations of the daylight monsters appear?

But then...depending on the timezone you're in...I mean, when I go t gaia towns, it's evening/night nearly everytime I go there, probably due to the timeszone I'm in...so, people in a similar situation will be forced to play the game "in the dark", so to speak.

The "Gaia Time" clock runs several times as fast as a normal day, so 24 hours passes in Gaia every few that passes in real time. So, you should be able to get on a few hours later and it be day again.

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Naitomare
Jerem-Bean
Naitomare

Ahh, but you see GST(Gaia Stadard Time) dose not run on a 24 hour cloock. From what I can tell, 24 hours in towns is actualy closer to 2 hours in real life. If zOMG! ran on GST it would eleminate the time zone issues.

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Shippou Kaze
Naitomare
Jerem-Bean
Naitomare

The "Gaia Time" clock runs twice as fast as a normal day, so 24 hours passes in Gaia every 12 that passes in real time. So, you should be able to get on a few hours later and it be day again.

Is it really 12 hours? I didn't think it was that long. eek
Actually, I think You're right.

I think its closer to like 3-4 hours.

It originally was 12 hours long (6 day, 6 night) but I think they changed it.

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Shippou Kaze
Actually, I think You're right.

I think its closer to like 3-4 hours.

It originally was 12 hours long (6 day, 6 night) but I think they changed it.

Ok I gotcha. For a second I thought my abillity to tell time was throwing me for a loop. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff